Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

Thanks Expat... the right balance is what we need. To get this and allow some independent testing it would be nice to have instructions on each filter parameter.

E.g. MACurrentUp = 0.00025 set to 0.0005

What does this setting mean? To me it looks like you're increasing something not decreasing. A succinct overview of the filter parameters would be helpful..

Nothing complicated just like for eg. MACurrentUp = 0.00025 set to 0.0005 (what do these digits refer to? Not your normal MA indicator).

Hi tomislav,

the filters are still simple thus mainly focusing on the gap between current/previous bar price +/- up/down setting. Thus with e.g. increasing MACurrentUp you allow a bigger price change upwards before the filter kicks in.

Cheers

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume I do the same for MA current down?...set it to 0.0005 to allow an increase for the gap in price going down?

Ok with momentum filter default is current up 100.1 and current down is 99.9. If I want to "loosen" this filter do I also increase current up value and decrease current down value? How do the current and previous values relate/work with each other? Should be a last question for now because most of the other filters have the same format. Hey, big thanks.

Edited by tomislav

I presume I do the same for MA current down? Ok with momentum filter default is current up 100.1 and current down is 99.9. If I want to "loosen" this filter do I also increase current up value and decrease current down value? How do the current and previous values relate/work with each other? Should be a last question for now because most of the other filters have the same format. Hey, big thanks.

Yes, for Momumentum applies the same. Current means current bar and previous is the bar defined by the shift. You might find it easier to check these values when you run the EA in the tester over a critical area in visual mode. You will see the filter values in the upper left corner and check the distance accordingly.

Cheers

Excellent suggestion. Am doing visual back-test from 9th Nov to 10th. Not really a comprehensive time period but the day starts off with a big price drop and the there is that massive decline of GBPUSD/EURUSD etc and all other currencies affected up or down to some extent at around 16:00+ GMT and onwards until 21:00 GMT or so. Have already learnt the importance of the Delete Pending Order mode and the benefits of leaving it at "true". It's a very well made EA, thanks for sharing Expat. Edited by tomislav

I've spent most of today (day off work) to try and find a setting to avoid Tuesday the 9th's big price drop. Used visual back-test. Sadly nothing will stem the avalanche from bombing your account. I'm not going into details because there are too many. I've tried many different ATR settings, filters on their own, filters combined, TP settings, leaving pending orders active, SL etc. Usually the filters combined will stop trading when the market is normal and then open up trades for the big price drop.

The only thing that will help is to use the loss stop out but but that's a little unfair. GBPUSD usually dropping at a steady pace comes back up even when it falls quite significantly. A dynamic stop loss that recognises that the currency is falling too far and TOO FAST and then pulls the pin on the open trades would be the best way to go. I think price falling too fast is the thing to recognise. It's great when going in direction of profit not so good when going against you.

I've spent most of today (day off work) to try and find a setting to avoid Tuesday the 9th's big price drop. Used visual back-test. Sadly nothing will stem the avalanche from bombing your account. I'm not going into details because there are too many. I've tried many different ATR settings, filters on their own, filters combined, TP settings, leaving pending orders active, SL etc. Usually the filters combined will stop trading when the market is normal and then open up trades for the big price drop.

The only thing that will help is to use the loss stop out but but that's a little unfair. GBPUSD usually dropping at a steady pace comes back up even when it falls quite significantly. A dynamic stop loss that recognises that the currency is falling too far and TOO FAST and then pulls the pin on the open trades would be the best way to go. I think price falling too fast is the thing to recognise. It's great when going in direction of profit not so good when going against you.

Hi tomislav,

I like your engagement. Lets not resignate. I will post my live setup, hope it works on your platforms. DD was around 10 if I recall it well. Test it out properly. I have other setups but still testing and trying new things as well a bit more risky and therefore do not want to share at this stage.

I think there is already a solution for the SL or Stop Out matter. I am running an individual SL of 200 pips per trade. Thus, I am giving a basket a limited range of open trades at a time. If it is ranging further, it will cut out one by one trade only and not the whole bundle.

PM if you need further clarification.

Cheers

You're right. Just tested your conservative set and it missed the big bang. Thanks :D Did a a backtest from January and it made just over $600 on 0.1 lots. You might as well bet big if you're going to use this one.

Getting started slowly, but sure might try a higher lot size on this one. Play gentle for the beginning till we got solid into it, the virgin approach.

Cheers

Two weeks results Demo/Multi Basket. Changing towards new setup/filters moving forward.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8256/detailedstatementj.gif

Gross Profit: 1 961.74 Gross Loss: 756.80 Total Net Profit: 1 204.94

Profit Factor: 2.59 Expected Payoff: 9.80

Absolute Drawdown: 0.00 Maximal Drawdown: 170.60 (2.88%) Relative Drawdown: 2.88% (170.60)

Total Trades: 123 Short Positions (won %): 36 (75.00%) Long Positions (won %): 87 (66.67%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 85 (69.11%) Loss trades (% of total): 38 (30.89%)

Largest profit trade: 141.48 loss trade: -85.80

Average profit trade: 23.08 loss trade: -19.92

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 10 (511.20) consecutive losses ($): 5 (-170.60)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 511.20 (10) consecutive loss (count): -170.60 (5)

Average consecutive wins: 3 consecutive losses: 1

Cheers

Guest james_phuc28

Hi expat1967,

Please kindly advise if this EA can be use on mini live account with small amount like 300 - 400usd?

How many trades does it place everyday on the average?

+ Which version is more profitable with lower max and relative drawdown? V4n or V4.0?

Thanks for your sharing information and advice.

Regards,

James

Hi expat1967,

Please kindly advise if this EA can be use on mini live account with small amount like 300 - 400usd?

How many trades does it place everyday on the average?

+ Which version is more profitable with lower max and relative drawdown? V4n or V4.0?

Thanks for your sharing information and advice.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Test it out properly and set it on your platform then decide if you can live it based on your results and comfort. The range is pretty wide though for number of trades and DD. You have to find the right balance for yourself.

I recommend however to use the latest version available, setfiles are ment as samples/guidelines. Give the EA some buffer in any case e.g. 1000USD on 0.01 Lot on a 200++ Leverage. See my first post for my initial thoughts e.g. regarding SL.

Always trade on the safer side ok ;)

Cheers

Was somebody backtested it in 2008 aug - 2008 nov. With conservative settings it kill the account.

What kind of settings can I avoid to kill my account such a market environment?

same here.

i backtested only from july 2008 and always after a few weeks the account got burned, tried alot of settings.

anyone got through 2008 wit this EA?

Guest james_phuc28

Hi expat1967,

I often find the following error: 2010.11.16 00:46:05 Indo Run 1.4o GBPUSDm,M15: Alert: Indo Run: Trade Context is busy / No Trades allowed!

Please kindly try to fix this error and post the fixed version asap. The version I am using is V1.4o, on IBFX Australia.

Thanks a lot

James