Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Expat your EA seems really good, I think I had it working last week, but have still been getting the Error no trades allowed coming up. I know this was talked about in previous posts but is there a solution or a fix for the EA. Thanks

Are you getting a popup or in the Journal with that error message? If it is a popup, set ApplyTradeContext in the menu to false. Then it will not further disturb. It will be removed in the next versions.

You might want to use 1.4o which manages trade context matters itself.

Cheers

Hi All,

good to see that lots of you trying this EA. Please keep in mind that this thing is still young and needs to ripe further. Thus, dont expect a 'plug & play', not as of now....

Looking ahead, I would appreciate your productive feedback thus we can get this EA straight and quickly set for all to use.

Cheers

About 2008 backtests for GBPUSD

It was bad Year and marked was trending (falling freely). Most of EAs failed with this Pair. I think I even remember that there was devaluation of GBP afterwards?

Anyway, You shuld take some profits before You hear that Country using currency traded is in bad shape.

We had same problem with EURO, because of Greece. Now maybe we could have same problem with Irland.

GBP and USD should be safe from now on for some time (I hope), but If Irland falls it could take banks from England with..

Hi expant1967 thanks for sharing this ea!

Could you tell me one thing. to charge FFCAl is only put on the graph the indicator?

In the settings of the EA should I change to Avoidnews? And should I change the gmtoffset?

Thanks!

Best regards!

The NewsFilter requires FFCAL to get the required News and Newstime input if AvoidNews is true. You can as well attach FFCAL to the Chart and check if the News timing is correct. If off you may need to adjust the Offset in the FFCAL indicator itself. I never have had any issues with the GMT with this revision (rev 20) of FFCAL in the standard settings. But ensure it does match yours. The GMTOffset in the EA does not influence the GMTOffset of the FFCAL indicator.

Cheers

Hi Expat just wondering how to set up a dynamic profit properly. Currently using standard profit all order. Some of the trades on my visual testing warrant the 15 pip TP. Other times as expected the trades can take a lot more. For the sake of convenience could you please deliver some succinct guidance on this matter if it is possible? Can this EA recognise increased TP opportunities? Do I leave profit all order 15 pips and just turn dynamic profit on?

Yours, starting to believe again,

Tom

Edited by tomislav

Hi Expat just wondering how to set up a dynamic profit properly. Currently using standard profit all order. Some of the trades on my visual testing warrant the 15 pip TP. Other times as expected the trades can take a lot more. For the sake of convenience could you please deliver some succinct guidance on this matter if it is possible? Can this EA recognise increased TP opportunities? Do I leave profit all order 15 pips and just turn dynamic profit on?

Yours, starting to believe again,

Tom

Hey Tom,

by turning Dynamic Profit on the TP (ProfitAllOrder) will increase defined by DynamicProfitStep as long the current profit minus ProfitAllOrder is bigger then the DynamicProfitStep.

e.g.

ProfitAllOrder = 15/DynamicProfitStep = 1 (min profit to close Orders is 16)

Current Profit climbs to 16.25

The TP will adjust to 16

Current Profit climbs to 20.95

The TP will adjust to 20

Current Profit falls to 19.95 or less orders will be closed.

Thus, you might set ProfitAllOrder to 15 or 14. Switch DynamicProfit to true and leave the step at 1 for a start, then try higher steps/lower ProfitAllOrder .

Its a pretty new feature in the EA and I am as well trying some things on it.

Hope that helps ;)

Cheers

Helo,

version 1.4o

when choosing ProfitAllOrder = 1.5

MinLots = 0.01

expert only inserts and deletes orders

Why, profit is reduced automatically to a decrease lot?

P.S. a good time to test and selection of filters to 01/10/2009

The profit is auto adjusted to the lotsize sinze DoubleLot switched on will double the Lotsize during the Asian Session and the EA will aim for a higher TP accordingly. You can set FixedProfitAO to true, then the ProfitAllOrder amunt will be used only independent of the Lotsize. That's e.g. important when you run with the Martingale Option.

Cheers

Big floating loss now with Cab*e R*n 3.0 on this orders:

16004894 2010.11.15 00:41 buy 0.01 gbpusd 1.61352 0.00000 0.00000 1.58791 0.00 0.00 0.00 -25.61

16006106 2010.11.15 05:43 buy 0.01 gbpusd 1.61182 0.00000 0.00000 1.58791 0.00 0.00 0.00 -23.91

Did Indo Run also place those orders? Any floating losses right now?

How about stoplosses in Indo Run? Read through this thread and could not see any stoploss talking.

Guest james_phuc28

Hi expat1967,

Today, from asian session up to US session, Indo Run V1.4o made all Buys, and currently, having huge floating losses. In fact, since yesterday, it even bought Gbpusd at 1.61273 as highest price among all the Buy trades

Let's see how it will recover all these huge floating losses.

From all current open Buy orders, I noticed and see that we can improve this EA much better in order to reduce the huge floating drawdown (because this ea places so many orders).

I would like to request you to add the following functions into this EA :

1. Pip distance between each trade: make this EXTERNAL so that each trader will put his own Pip distance depending on his own risk acceptance.

For example, each trade will have 30 pips or 50 pips away from each other like:

a. First buy trade at 1.61250, then, second trade will also be a Buy at 1.60950 (30 pip distance) or 1.60750 (50 pip distance), and third trade will be at 1.60650 (30 pip distance) or 1.60450 (50 pip distance), and so on.

b. Add a Global profit function to allow to close all trades when a certain profit is reached. For example, if we put 20usd in this function, no matter how many open trades are made, when total profit gain reaches 20usd, all trades will be closed. It means that there will be profitable trades and losing trades which are closed at same time.

Also, this function will work very well if it has Martingale option which will increase the lot size on the next trades with Multiplier function.

Imagine that when price drops down, the EA will buy the next trade with bigger lot size (multiplied by 1.5 or 1.7 or 2), then, when price retraces up half way, all trades will be closed because the latter trades will be big winners which can compensate for all previous losing trades.

So, depending on each user's own risk tolerance, he/she can set the Pip distance of each trade like 30 pips, 40 pips, 50 pips, or even 60 pips.

How many pips that Gbpusd can drop in 1 day? 200 pips as overall, or 450 pips in very volatile days.

First trade will be 0.01, then second trade will be 0.02, third trade will be 0.03, etc.

If we set Pip distance = 50 pips, only 9 trades will be placed in very volatile days.

Also, trailing stop can kick in when the new trade makes a profit of 30 - 40 pips. So, each newer trade will be closed for a profit easily, and so, not many open trades on same day.

+ Also, add Max trade allowance function: which means that we can define maximum how many trades we allow this ea to place totally. So, this function will make ea stop placing new orders when it has reached max trade allowance.

For example, if we allow 15 trades, then, this ea can only place totally 15 trades no matter how many days has passed. Also, we can see that when the newest trades are closed for a profit thanks to trailing stop function kicks in, then, it allows the EA to place additional trades to replace the closed profitable trades.

Suppose, ea place 15 trades, and today, 2 newest trades with biggest lot sizes are closed for profits, then, remaining open trades are only 13. So, when price drops down further tomorrow, then, ea will place 2 more new trades to become 15 trades again, and stop placing new trades.

I opine that if you can add above functions into this EA, I am sure that the floating relative drawdown will be much reduced, and so, keep the account very safe.

I am using a Martingale EA that has all above functions, but it works very well in all market conditions.

Hope that you understand my ideas and can add all above functions into this potential ea.

Thanks a lot

James

Hi James,

thanks for the great input. That's what I am looking for and good seeing you guys involved ;)

I have put some feedback below in blueish.

Cheers

Hi expat1967,

Today, from asian session up to US session, Indo Run V1.4o made all Buys, and currently, having huge floating losses. In fact, since yesterday, it even bought Gbpusd at 1.61273 as highest price among all the Buy trades

What setup do you use? I have it running in live with some variations on 3 accounts with either none or only 2 trades open. Thus pretty much in limit. Even my demos on higher risk e.g. running on news filter only are not in drawdown.

Let's see how it will recover all these huge floating losses.

From all current open Buy orders, I noticed and see that we can improve this EA much better in order to reduce the huge floating drawdown (because this ea places so many orders).

I would like to request you to add the following functions into this EA :

1. Pip distance between each trade: make this EXTERNAL so that each trader will put his own Pip distance depending on his own risk acceptance.

For example, each trade will have 30 pips or 50 pips away from each other like:

a. First buy trade at 1.61250, then, second trade will also be a Buy at 1.60950 (30 pip distance) or 1.60750 (50 pip distance), and third trade will be at 1.60650 (30 pip distance) or 1.60450 (50 pip distance), and so on.

You can set your initial trad distance as well the following distances in the EA already. For an increasing/decreasing distance you might want to try set StepFactorOn to true and set StepFactor accordingly. From my tests, increasing the step does harm the strategy and troubles the EA to recover. ATRStepOn works better for me as it adjusts the distance as per current ATR value, as higher the ATR the tighter the distance. You can try a different distance set while changing PriceOffset1-3 accordingly.

Some Settings to consider regarding:

extern bool ADVOffsetMode = false; //If false Pending Orders are placed on the current ASK/Bid Price

extern bool ATRStepOn = false; //If true the step value/price offset is linked to the current ATRPips value

extern bool ATRPipsToStep = false; //If true the ATRPips value will be used as Step/Price Offset

extern int PriceOffset = -16; //Step/Gap in Pips where Pending Order is placed to current price basic

extern bool StepFactorOn = false; //Factor which increases the Step per Order

extern int StepFactor = 10; //ProfitOffset*(OrderCounter/StepFactor+1)

extern int PriceOffset1 = 0; ////Step/PriceOffset added in Low Range ATR while ATRStepOn is set to true

extern int PriceOffset2 = -1; //Step/PriceOffset added in Mid Range ATR while ATRStepOn is set to true

extern int PriceOffset3 = -2; //Step/PriceOffset added in High Range ATR while ATRStepOn is set to true

b. Add a Global profit function to allow to close all trades when a certain profit is reached. For example, if we put 20usd in this function, no matter how many open trades are made, when total profit gain reaches 20usd, all trades will be closed. It means that there will be profitable trades and losing trades which are closed at same time.

The EA aims per basket at the amount set in ProfitAllOrders. Default is 15, thus when you have 10 trades open in one basket, these trades will aim for 15$ in total profit and once reached all will be closed. Combining baskets profit might be risky if one basket does have a higher DD which will drag other baskets accordingly. In my opinion Multi Basket works best independent while if e.g. one basket is dragged the other(s) still can trade and drive for profit.

Also, this function will work very well if it has Martingale option which will increase the lot size on the next trades with Multiplier function.

Yeap, the Martingale option reduces the overall drawdown, but should be used in my opinion on small flame with a low factor. Use below triggers to set and apply FixedProfitAllOrder true, thus the changing lotsize will not change the profittarget.

extern bool Martingale = false; //Need to set FixedProfitAO=true!!!!

extern double LotFactor = 1.4; //Increasing Factor of Martingale Lotsize

extern double MartingaleMaxLot = 0.5; //Limit of Lotsize of Martingale!!!

Imagine that when price drops down, the EA will buy the next trade with bigger lot size (multiplied by 1.5 or 1.7 or 2), then, when price retraces up half way, all trades will be closed because the latter trades will be big winners which can compensate for all previous losing trades.

So, depending on each user's own risk tolerance, he/she can set the Pip distance of each trade like 30 pips, 40 pips, 50 pips, or even 60 pips.

How many pips that Gbpusd can drop in 1 day? 200 pips as overall, or 450 pips in very volatile days.

First trade will be 0.01, then second trade will be 0.02, third trade will be 0.03, etc.

If we set Pip distance = 50 pips, only 9 trades will be placed in very volatile days.

You can set the increasing Lotsize with the Martingale Factor. The Pip Distance as explained above.

Also, trailing stop can kick in when the new trade makes a profit of 30 - 40 pips. So, each newer trade will be closed for a profit easily, and so, not many open trades on same day.

You can try to use an individual TP per order by setting SingleOrderTP = 0; //Take Profit of each individual Order in Pips

+ Also, add Max trade allowance function: which means that we can define maximum how many trades we allow this ea to place totally. So, this function will make ea stop placing new orders when it has reached max trade allowance.

The EA does have this function but I decided not to place it external. Simply, it harms the strategy and the EA might not recover from a DD if no orders can be placed as required. You can try to change int OpenOrdersLimit = 0; //Limits the number of open orders

(you can place this variable in the menu by: extern int OpenOrdersLimit = 0;For example, if we allow 15 trades, then, this ea can only place totally 15 trades no matter how many days has passed.

Also, we can see that when the newest trades are closed for a profit thanks to trailing stop function kicks in, then, it allows the EA to place additional trades to replace the closed profitable trades.

Ok, let me breed about that one.

Suppose, ea place 15 trades, and today, 2 newest trades with biggest lot sizes are closed for profits, then, remaining open trades are only 13. So, when price drops down further tomorrow, then, ea will place 2 more new trades to become 15 trades again, and stop placing new trades.

Breeding ;)

I opine that if you can add above functions into this EA, I am sure that the floating relative drawdown will be much reduced, and so, keep the account very safe.

I am using a Martingale EA that has all above functions, but it works very well in all market conditions.

Hope that you understand my ideas and can add all above functions into this potential ea.

Thanks a lot

James

I am using only momentum filter its running well up $71 on .06 lots mini demo FXDD

since 7th Nov

thanks!

i use your settings (momentum filter) + news filter on (high and medium) with 0.01 lots

i'm up + 21$ today :) not bad considering the trend of gbpusd !

I have sell and buy orders

this is the best mod actually for cablerun !

expat1967 , great job =D>

Edited by didier

Hello expat1967,

I am trading on a 5000 cent account live. I used the set "indorun 1.4 10k 3basket" that came with the download. I have 32 open trades totaling 3.20 lots and draw down of 2800. Can you share your more conservative set files. I think this EA has lots of potential but has too many options to try and figure out. Anybody who can share good settings we would all appreciate it.

Regards,

EzBusiness

Hi Expat thanks for all your hard work and tenacity in answering questions. You have a parameter that lets you decided whether you want to trade the first day of the month. Pardon my ignorance but what's the deal with the first day of the month? Is it more risky? :-/

Also I've tried profit all order "12" and dynamic profit "true" with a step of 3.0. Takes more profit when it can. I've seen it take up to more than double on visual back-testing (30+pips). And for those of you who abhor draw down give EURCHF or similar a go. Any currency without GBP or USD in it's name is usually going to go easier on you unless it's yen.

Edited by tomislav