Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomi

FXDD Malta

1.4 was running like hell... sometimes toooooooo fast....

but 1.5 is like an very old turtle... with nooooo ofense : joking... but just

looking for a " middle" term... not more

FXDD is ECN so that's good. I hope your one in Malta is. I would talk to them and check. But they have max 200:1. I would prefer more. Indo Run 1.5 works the same as 1.4 for me so maybe it's just your situation. If Indo Run 1.4 works better for you then maybe you should use 1.4. I don't know what else to say. This is a very well made EA that works.

http://www.100forexbrokers.com/stp-ecn-brokers

Edited by tomislav

Reading another time your post Tomislav : Lev max 200:1 is enough... More is... dangerous...

Or your have an EA with 85 % win at least...

Or your are a big trader...

(I hope both for you !!!!!)

Btw as you know a lot about Indo : a/ does 1.4 sets works on 1.5 ?

And if I go back to 1.4 b/ which setting have I to apply to REDUCE the crazy flow of openning trade ?

Now there is another idea about news : during news brokers are "swinging" the spread like hell.

It is possible to oblige EA to trade ONLY if spread is between X (low normal) and Y (max you can accept)

Example EUR/US : trades allowed between 0.8 (some brookers) and 4...

And this for each "normal" cur (NOK/MXN ?)

Somewhere, I thinks is Oanda (but I am not sure or Mataf) there are graphics about the variations of spread and you notice immidiatly when there are news...

My 2 C

Bert

So far both version 1.4 & 1.5 also working great for my demo account...

version 1.4 gained 38% with DD 10% since 19 Nov.

version 1.5 gained 4% since yesterday...

setting just follow attached set file from expat.

Hi Elma,

What size balance of your account that you use to run version 1.4 and version 1.5 ?

Are you using conservative set file for all version 1.4 and 1.5 ?

Thanks.

krizsi:Without any stoploss or other type of protection, sooner or later your account will likely blow up when a long enough trend appears as the strategy will keep adding positions. This might be a large price move due to some event not scheduled. If not scheduled, no news filter will be able to protect you. This is the nature of this ea. However, I do like this ea a lot and expat has done a great job with it. I guess that expat and others (just like me) is working on ways to keep this beast in control. Unlike pure martingale I think it can be done.

Filters like MA,CCI, RSI,etc can avoid some drawdowns by not entering in certain situations. But if a position/basket is already in place you are basically unprotected.

one of the most powerful (but not guarantee) protection here is limiting orders

these results are of forward testing one of earlier Expat's version

link to it:

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8503-Cable-Run-from-Profitable-FX?p=106684&viewfull=1#post106684

and results:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4sii3229u8roaes

Thanks expat1967 for your great work. It made $180 using .10 only for 2 days without much draw down. It is really promising . Keep up the good work.

Hanumanth kumar

Hi hanumanth,

What version and setfile are you using ?

Thanks so much

Edited by mrbizu
spelling

Hi tomislav

Thanks for your conservative set for IR 1.4o. It's a WINNER. Don't know if it's my imagination but it seems as if somehow it avoids sudden market movements. Can it be true?

One other thing, i found that the news filter to some extent ignored my high profile setting for GBP news of this morning. Do you think that could be a FFCal problem?

Can you also please post you twigged Expat conservative set file for IR 1.5 if you don't mind.

Thanks guys, with Expat, yourself and all the other contributors we have a formidable team working on this wonderful EA created by Expat1967. We appreciate your efforts.

Hi tomislav

Thanks for your conservative set for IR 1.4o. It's a WINNER. Don't know if it's my imagination but it seems as if somehow it avoids sudden market movements. Can it be true?

One other thing, i found that the news filter to some extent ignored my high profile setting for GBP news of this morning. Do you think that could be a FFCal problem?

Can you also please post you twigged Expat conservative set file for IR 1.5 if you don't mind.

Thanks guys, with Expat, yourself and all the other contributors we have a formidable team working on this wonderful EA created by Expat1967. We appreciate your efforts.

I can agree this. I'm testing IR 1.4o on demo with conservative set, no bad situation !!!

Here is my statement. A few trades were from FMT and DCT, the rest is from IR.

Hi Expat,

Would you mind upload an optimization set file. The EA has so many parameters, it is hard to tell which one to optimize and what range to use...Also, when back testig the EA, does the newsfilter work in version 1.5... Do I require a news indicator for this new version?

Setfiles are in the first post. You dont need an news indicator for 1.5. Please read back a few posts, all explained already regarding newsfilter and backtest.

Cheers