Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

Hi all! BIG HUGE thanx to expat that made this, i made a deposit of 97 dollars and account is now after 2 weeks of trading 418 dollars!! i will make a donation when i get my money from gomarket australia, by the way it seems like that broker works great with indorun, and use the 1.4 version all filters off.

keep up the great work!

What lot size are you using and which 1.4, "o" or "n" ? Can you share your set file,please ?

--

Do you get any errors in the Journal or under Experts? Further, what does the Chart Info of Indo Run Show?

Cheers

No, no errors at all. Just open, close and delete orders.

The chart info shows the smiley, the settings list, the planned orders and the filters.

And I have one more question. The EA closes trades automatically when they are in profit. Which settings would stop the EA from closing them by its own terms (like Take Profit etc that I enter manually into EA settings?)

Thanks for the great EA!

Edited by fabfive

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What lot size are you using and which 1.4, "o" or "n" ? Can you share your set file,please ?

--

No, no errors at all. Just open, close and delete orders.

The chart info shows the smiley, the settings list, the planned orders and the filters.

And I have one more question. The EA closes trades automatically when they are in profit. Which settings would stop the EA from closing them by its own terms (like Take Profit etc that I enter manually into EA settings?)

Thanks for the great EA!

For the "open, close and delete orders" check the Filter and Trading Status in the Chart Info. Should be one of the filters or timed based filters.

Check the ProfitAllOrder and the DynamicProfit Settings. It has been explained prior, you can search the thread for this keywords.

Cheers

This is what my window looks like:

_http://img33.imageshack.us/i/unbenannt1nt.jpg

You have ATRFilter running. You can monitor next time your limit orders get deleted its status e.g. ATR filtering... Your screen shows override thus ATR is filtering but you do have a trade basket open and the strategy needs to continue.

Cheers

Below the backtest of my current live and demo set (see first post). There is more in it. e.g. with Dynamic Profit still to try...

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5996/indorun15tsdnewsfilter2.gif

Symbol GBPUSD (Great Britain Pound vs US Dollar)

Period 15 Minutes (M15) 2010.01.03 23:00 - 2010.10.08 22:00 (2010.01.01 - 2010.10.09)

Bars in test 20191 Ticks modelled 12393890 Modelling quality 90.00%

Mismatched charts errors 0

Initial deposit 10000.00

Total net profit 12281.01 Gross profit 23615.12 Gross loss -11334.11

Profit factor 2.08 Expected payoff 7.45

Absolute drawdown 666.54 Maximal drawdown 3404.38 (18.22%) Relative drawdown 22.24% (3045.92)

Total trades 1649 Short positions (won %) 778 (64.52%) Long positions (won %) 871 (63.61%)

Profit trades (% of total) 1056 (64.04%) Loss trades (% of total) 593 (35.96%)

Largest profit trade 245.16 loss trade -164.25

Average profit trade 22.36 loss trade -19.11

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 14 (455.96) consecutive losses (loss in money) 10 (-826.57)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 1429.74 (12) consecutive loss (count of losses) -826.57 (10)

Average consecutive wins 3 consecutive losses 2

Cheers

Am I the only one using this on multiple currency pairs? I am using all the majors and popular crosses... on demo for now, until I fully understand how the robot works.

Reminds me of a song... "you're not the only baby..." ;))

Only thing is other currencies might need different settings and filtering if you want to be safe. Demoing is great but doesn't prepare you for the "Big Bang". Since I've started back-testing and visual back-testing (inspired by Expat) I'm finding greater confidence in trading.

Press (control + R) and take it from there.

Edited by tomislav

Reminds me of a song... "you're not the only baby..." ;))

Only thing is other currencies might need different settings and filtering if you want to be safe. Demoing is great but doesn't prepare you for the "Big Bang". Since I've started back-testing and visual back-testing (inspired by Expat) I'm finding greater confidence in trading.

Press (control + R) and take it from there.

Which currency pair or pairs is the set file in first post optimized for? G/U and E/U or...???

Thank you Tomislav. If anyone has set files for other pairs, I'd sure appreciate a share for us all. I am just using the conservative set file on all the pairs. I did lower the TP though to 5 with a dynamic TP of 10. I'd rather take 5 pips and move on to the next trade than have trades hanging around longer trying to get more.

That dynamic TP is a thing of GENIUS. I've never seen that in any other robot before! I LOVE it!

I just started the demo yesterday, stats page for those interested is:

http://suzssecretweapon.mt4stats.com/

Below the backtest of my current live and demo set (see first post). There is more in it. e.g. with Dynamic Profit still to try...

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5996/indorun15tsdnewsfilter2.gif

Symbol GBPUSD (Great Britain Pound vs US Dollar)

Period 15 Minutes (M15) 2010.01.03 23:00 - 2010.10.08 22:00 (2010.01.01 - 2010.10.09)

Bars in test 20191 Ticks modelled 12393890 Modelling quality 90.00%

Mismatched charts errors 0

Initial deposit 10000.00

Total net profit 12281.01 Gross profit 23615.12 Gross loss -11334.11

Profit factor 2.08 Expected payoff 7.45

Absolute drawdown 666.54 Maximal drawdown 3404.38 (18.22%) Relative drawdown 22.24% (3045.92)

Total trades 1649 Short positions (won %) 778 (64.52%) Long positions (won %) 871 (63.61%)

Profit trades (% of total) 1056 (64.04%) Loss trades (% of total) 593 (35.96%)

Largest profit trade 245.16 loss trade -164.25

Average profit trade 22.36 loss trade -19.11

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 14 (455.96) consecutive losses (loss in money) 10 (-826.57)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 1429.74 (12) consecutive loss (count of losses) -826.57 (10)

Average consecutive wins 3 consecutive losses 2

Cheers

Expat1967,

Many thanks for your contributions. This is my first time following your thread since I've been busy trading the Cable Run. I've been working with a programmer friend to improve Cable Run and found that back testing trades do not match live trades. He had to re-write the EA in MT5 and do back testing in MT5 to get an accurate performance results. Any comments?

Also, is Indo Run meant to be running 24 hrs and letting filters decide when to trade? If so, then GMToffset is irrelevant, isn't it?

One comment on dynamic TP. I call it the "greed" factor. I think increasing TP with additional orders will give more profit in back testing. In live trading, I've seen many trades couldn't close out because TP was set too high by the EA.

Edited by swordfish

You have ATRFilter running. You can monitor next time your limit orders get deleted its status e.g. ATR filtering... Your screen shows override thus ATR is filtering but you do have a trade basket open and the strategy needs to continue.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice. I didnt notice that :)

When I turn ATRFilter off the EA goes crazy and opens and closes limit buy / sells every second.

Expat1967,

Many thanks for your contributions. This is my first time following your thread since I've been busy trading the Cable Run. I've been working with a programmer friend to improve Cable Run and found that back testing trades do not match live trades. He had to re-write in MT5 and do back test in MT5 to get an accurate performance results. Any comments?

Also, is Indo Run meant to be running 24 hrs and letting filters decide when to trade? If so, then GMToffset is irrelevant, isn't it?

One comment on dynamic TP. I call it the "greed" factor. I think increasing TP with additional orders will give more profit in back testing. In live trading, I've seen many trades couldn't close out because TP is not reached.

Backtesting might differ from forward trading for this strategy. Spreads, brokers, trade position, opening/closing, etc. Doesnt matter if its MT4, 5 or whatever... Backtesting confirms so far for me the general performance.

24hr trading or not is the individual choice. GMTOffset is needed for news or day / hour based filters.

Dynamic "Greed" I should rename it... Read back and you will find some hints on it. It will help reduce the DD and trade up as it can.

Cheers

Backtesting might differ from forward trading for this strategy. Spreads, brokers, trade position, opening/closing, etc. Doesnt matter if its MT4, 5 or whatever... Backtesting confirms so far for me the general performance.

24hr trading or not is the individual choice. GMTOffset is needed for news or day / hour based filters.

Dynamic "Greed" I should rename it... Read back and you will find some hints on it. It will help reduce the DD and trade up as it can.

Cheers

Expat,

I read the whole thread in one sitting. Now I understand your Dynamic Profit, which is pretty mild as compared to what I was doing.

In my opinion, the best way to reduce DD is to reduce the number of open trades in the basket (Duh!). The only way to reduce number of orders is to increase the step setting to catch the perfect top or bottom. If you look at the chart at different sessions, GMT 21-7 (or 22-8 standard time) usually has mild swings. It works ok for 17 pips step as in Cable Run. Once it passes this window, the swings becomes large ( with trending swing legs). A step of 30 or even 50 pips will help reduce the open orders. I do this manually at GMT 8 if there are open orders (with drawdowns of course). I place a market order when I see the step is larger than 30 pips. I also apply martingale after this window. So far, I can always close out open trades during the day session. I am hoping an EA can take care of this while I sleep (GMT 8 is 3:00 in the morning for me). But immediately I see the problem with fixed grid for this strategy. For example, what if the price turns around at 29 pips step? I would miss a potential rescue trade. Let me introduce a concept for everyone to think about.

When I watched Cable Run working, many times I saw it almost touched the limit order but turned around and missed the trade. Also, it often passed the limit order too much and got filled at a disadvantageous price. Often, it almost made 15 pips but missed it. Granted, this is a grid system and sometimes the entries and exits were in fact excellent. But there is room for improvement. I compared Cable Run entries with entries based on stochastic (15, 3, 3). As you know, stochastic works best in a choppy market to catch oversold and over-bought levels. I was surprised by the performance of this simple and well-known concept. Please take a look at this PowerPoint file based on 5-min charts during GMT21-7. I call it the Pinball system because it bounces between oversold and overbought levels. Trading rules are in the first slide. As compared to the grid system, here are the pluses 1) it will not miss a trade, 2) It will take on additional orders as in Cable Run to leverage your losing positions, 3) it will not miss the profit target, 4) it will catch the beginning of a trend and the profit can be maximized if we implement a trailing strategy and 5) best of all, it will take a small loss so you can trade another day.

Download Pinball Visual Back Test.ppt from FileFactory.com

Try this if the link doesn't work:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4a3010/n/Pinball_Visual_Back_Test.ppt

You may count the pips during this 12-day period. My Cable Run didn't perform this well.

Edited by swordfish

Can we make this wonderful EA so that it trades in a stealth mode and hides the EA better from the brokers like megadroid in the next version? Thanks for all your hard work.

Who is your broker? Are they STP or ECN? Interesting point here. I remember that "stealth mode" was of benefit only if your broker was a "Market Maker". If your broker is a "Market Maker" then leave now. All decent STP/ECN brokers don't care how you make your money as long as you make trades.

The point is you don't need to hide X_X from a decent STP/ECN broker.

Edited by tomislav

Expat,

I read the whole thread in one sitting. Now I understand your Dynamic Profit, which is pretty mild as compared to what I was doing.

In my opinion, the best way to reduce DD is to reduce the number of open trades in the basket (Duh!). The only way to reduce number of orders is to increase the step setting to catch the perfect top or bottom. If you look at the chart at different sessions, GMT 21-7 (or 22-8 standard time) usually has mild swings. It works ok for 17 pips step as in Cable Run. Once it passes this window, the swings becomes large ( with trending swing legs). A step of 30 or even 50 pips will help reduce the open orders. I do this manually at GMT 8 if there are open orders (with drawdowns of course). I place a market order when I see the step is larger than 30 pips. I also apply martingale after this window. So far, I can always close out open trades during the day session. I am hoping an EA can take care of this while I sleep (GMT 8 is 3:00 in the morning for me). But immediately I see the problem with fixed grid for this strategy. For example, what if the price turns around at 29 pips step? I would miss a potential rescue trade. Let me introduce a concept for everyone to think about.

When I watched Cable Run working, many times I saw it almost touched the limit order but turned around and missed the trade. Also, it often passed the limit order too much and got filled at a disadvantageous price. Often, it almost made 15 pips but missed it. Granted, this is a grid system and sometimes the entries and exits were in fact excellent. But there is room for improvement. I compared Cable Run entries with entries based on stochastic (15, 3, 3). As you know, stochastic works best in a choppy market to catch oversold and over-bought levels. I was surprised by the performance of this simple and well-known concept. Please take a look at this PowerPoint file based on 5-min charts during GMT21-7. I call it the Pinball system because it bounces between oversold and overbought levels. Trading rules are in the first slide. As compared to the grid system, here are the pluses 1) it will not miss a trade, 2) It will take on additional orders as in Cable Run to leverage your losing positions, 3) it will not miss the profit target, 4) it will catch the beginning of a trend and the profit can be maximized if we implement a trailing strategy and 5) best of all, it will take a small loss so you can trade another day.

Download Pinball Visual Back Test.ppt from FileFactory.com

Try this if the link doesn't work:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4a3010/n/Pinball_Visual_Back_Test.ppt

You may count the pips during this 12-day period. My Cable Run didn't perform this well.

Pls. upload to multiupload. FF just loops ...

Cheers