Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I cannot download the Indo Run 1.5 from megadownload. Can anyone just email me the mq4 file directly? my email is [email protected]

thank you very much

Try one of the below

http://rapidshare.com/files/434173914/Indo_Run_1.5.mq4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TD7IJAQ

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/s05rlup5x

Hi Expat and rest of the experts here

I have downloaded and testing Indo Run 1.5 on my FXCM account... So far I must say it's a wonderful EA ! FYI, I also have Cable Run 3.0.

I've read through all 37 pages of this thread and I still cannot figure out how can I set a fix stop loss for a losing trade ? Can someone help me out here ?

For example: If I want to set Indo Run to close only the trade which is showing a drawdown of -200 pips. Which setting do I change ? What do I change it to ?

Also, for those looking at Cable Run.... the Risk Management in Cable Run does not work.... I tried setting MaxLossMethod = 1 or 2 and it doesn't matter. The trades are not closed out. Instead... new trades are not opened.... Duh ;-(

One other small question. I can't figure out which MT4 folder do I place the Indo Run v1.5 .set file ?

Thanks

FTFX

Not really sure if I understand you correctly.

Always use the News Filter. It drives best in blocking some trading time out as of now.

Use fixed Lot for the simplicity and less risk involved. The Autolot will press your account harder.

Cheers

Thanks for quick answer expat..

well..when i load ma 10k basket setting..is avoid news false..theyfore i ask u.

further is monthly end trading true.. i think maybe it is dangerous.

Auto lot size is false.. and i set minimum lot and risk..but the EA will further trade based on account balance

i cant found fixed lot slot in settings.

like i said i use 1.40 n version with ma 10k 3 basket settings..what must i do to add in this settings??

actually i complete this settings with:

Avoid news true, Risk 2.0 to 0.1

i use Alpari UK so i calm GMT off set 1.0

Trade month end to false

i would be grateful when u can give informations to this

greetings

guys, i don't know why you would want to mess with a system like IndoRun. I've been running a demo account with version 1.5 since the beginning of the month using the same settings as expat1967 posted on Post 1 and I'm up 12%. Now, that may not seem like a ton to you, but when you compound that month after month, I'll be a very rich man in a very short amount of time. No need to get greedy with this. Slow and steady will eventually win. Great job with this expat1967!!!

I have to agree that it is an amazing robot. BUT finding a way to adjust the steps based on market conditions would really make a difference when market is trending strongly (which it usually does all of a sudden throwing existing trades into huge drawdown and creating more trades that go into drawdown as well). Fixed steps is the only weak link I think and even with them this robot rocks. Imagine what would happen if expat found an even better step method?? Expat rocks as well! LOL Best robot I have ever used besides pipmania.

Hi Expat and rest of the experts here

I have downloaded and testing Indo Run 1.5 on my FXCM account... So far I must say it's a wonderful EA ! FYI, I also have Cable Run 3.0.

I've read through all 37 pages of this thread and I still cannot figure out how can I set a fix stop loss for a losing trade ? Can someone help me out here ?

For example: If I want to set Indo Run to close only the trade which is showing a drawdown of -200 pips. Which setting do I change ? What do I change it to ?

Also, for those looking at Cable Run.... the Risk Management in Cable Run does not work.... I tried setting MaxLossMethod = 1 or 2 and it doesn't matter. The trades are not closed out. Instead... new trades are not opened.... Duh ;-(

One other small question. I can't figure out which MT4 folder do I place the Indo Run v1.5 .set file ?

Thanks

FTFX

SingleOrderSL (if you want a SL per Order of 200 set it simply to 200)

Cheers

Thanks for quick answer expat..

well..when i load ma 10k basket setting..is avoid news false..theyfore i ask u.

further is monthly end trading true.. i think maybe it is dangerous.

Auto lot size is false.. and i set minimum lot and risk..but the EA will further trade based on account balance

i cant found fixed lot slot in settings.

like i said i use 1.40 n version with ma 10k 3 basket settings..what must i do to add in this settings??

actually i complete this settings with:

Avoid news true, Risk 2.0 to 0.1

i use Alpari UK so i calm GMT off set 1.0

Trade month end to false

i would be grateful when u can give informations to this

greetings

post your set to see whats on

Cheers

Thanks Expat1967 ! Really appreciate the great work and taking time to respond to our small little queries !

Sorry to bother, but I have 2 more queries:

(1) I'm trying to find the setting to set maximum number of trades that the EA can open, I read in earlier posts it should be OpenOrdersLimit = 0 but I cannot find this setting anywhere in v1.5 that I'm running ?

Is there a new Field for setting the maximum number of open trades allowed by the EA ?

(2) What does the Risk setting do ?

Thanks,

ftfx ;-)

Sorry I was wrong:

OrderTreshold = 20; //Number of open trades for the trailing to start

OpenOrdersLimit = 0; //Limits the number of open orders

Hi Jonnnny23,

Thanks for the quick responses.

But in v1.5 that I'm running. I cannot find OpenOrdersLimit anywhere in the settings ?

Thanks,

ftfx

Another thing I'm noticing now during the Asian session.... all my pending orders are removed and the EA has not opened anymore pending orders for the past hour.

I checked and there is nothing on the news filter.

Is there something I'm missing ? Or is my EA doing something weird ?

btw, this same EA was trading fine yesterday.... I have it enabled for 24hrs trading.... I'm using the default EA settings.... so confused :-(

tomislav,

On Nov 10 in Canble Run thread, you stated, "Yes my friend I can relate I have been very happy as of late but yesterdays big price move by the US selling bonds was totally unannounced and look what has happened to GBPUSD, EURUSD etc. One really has to stick to trading this EA between 21:00 - 6:00 GMT."

I assume your comment was on Cable Run modified. What is your forward testing experience with Indo Run 24/5 trading using conservative settings?

I only have 2 days of forward testing on Indo Run. I lost track of what I changed in settings. Now I am back to conservative defaults.

Thanks,

Another thing I'm noticing now during the Asian session.... all my pending orders are removed and the EA has not opened anymore pending orders for the past hour.

I checked and there is nothing on the news filter.

Is there something I'm missing ? Or is my EA doing something weird ?

btw, this same EA was trading fine yesterday.... I have it enabled for 24hrs trading.... I'm using the default EA settings.... so confused :-(

I think it means that the other conditions are not being met by the filters so it won't trade. I run many pairs and they don't all trade all the time. The filters watch for specific trading conditions before setting up the pending orders and will cancel them (sometimes many times a minute) if conditions stop being favorable.

I think it means that the other conditions are not being met by the filters so it won't trade. I run many pairs and they don't all trade all the time. The filters watch for specific trading conditions before setting up the pending orders and will cancel them (sometimes many times a minute) if conditions stop being favorable.

I meddled around and found that the default setting for v1.5 has ATR enabled by default and once I turned ATR off, the EA started working again.... any ideas why ? weird :-\

ftfx

In order to avoid a big DD in a big trend, can I suggest if the basket has maximum of 2% loss on equity, then close all orders.

Do you think this can help to prevent big DD?

Thanks for everyone who contribute to make this EA perfect.

you may try himself, just put SL on orders

that stop will be hit almost always

It's been profitable. Unfortunately the conservative set (1.4 conservative set) got caught in the big upswing on Tuesday 13th Dec. It did come down after.

I then changed a "setting", did some back-testing so now it will avoid the same type of situation and not place any trades. It's a good idea to do your own homework with this EA.

Hi Tomislav,

Can we know what setting did you change ? What was your setting ?

Thanks,

ftfx

724 pips profit in just 8 days!

http://suzssecretweapon.mt4stats.com/analyses

using conservative set, TP 5 with dynamic profit 5 (or 10, can't remember LOL)

Pairs used: eurchf, eurgbp, eurjpy, eurusd, gbpusd, usdcad, usdchf, usdjpy

Will backtest and play with MA filters. Thanks for the tip. A set file would be even better! Or at least a manual to explain all the settings... spoonfeed me mama! ;-)

I must be doing something wrong,I've had it setup all day and no trades, others seem to have made trades but mine hasn't done any, Plus, how do you get rid of all that writing on the right hand side as its in the way of where the software trades!!

I the UK running an Apari.co.uk demo account, Can anyone supply me with a set file that they know is working fine so i'll know if i have another problem like datafeed or similar etc etc!!

Thanking you in advance

Steve

P.s This thread is a a great read, really enjoyed all the input written, Kudos to you all!!

Edited by ST_Fund