Forex Crescendo - EA on page 1

vinnie

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Note to self: Send Stormin_Norman a goat for his birthday. Preferably a Georgian goat.

:)

I will never recover from the horror of that tragedy.

btw- if anyone gets a trade on the educated version let us know.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Guest james_phuc28

Hi,

Please post the educated version of the latest version of Crescendo EA. There are so many links of this EA including educated version, but it seems that the educated version did not work.

Thanks for your hard work !

James

The "original" commercial version had 2 problems why it did not do trades, #1, it requires a special software to be on your computer or VPS (Microsoft Visual C++) [see post#82 by Conglo]. This software provides a DLL file that Crescendo looks for. Some computers have it, some don't. If you don't have it on your computer the "information display" (authentication) will not appear, which shows EA statistics on the left side of the screen. #2. The first version (1.0) will not work with MT4 platforms that have a "suffix" after the currency pair, for example EURUSDxxx. So, if your Broker uses letters after the currency pair, then you need to use updated version 1.1, which allows you to enter your suffix information in the settings. This may also apply to back testing problems, but, I'm not sure about that part. :)

btw- if anyone gets a trade on the educated version let us know.

Edited by Sneed
typo

Also be aware that sharing a password/authentication will not work, the server can tell if more than one IP is in use at a time.

I ended up buying this thing. I must admit their CS was very prompt and quite helpful at getting it up and running.

They were the ones that told me about the Visual C++.

Backtests are good, demo is profitable so far.

I'm trying the educated versions alongside it but they keep crashing the platform, the original version seems solid so far.

We'll see.

Thanks to all here for their hard work.

Edited by conglo

No matter which version I use, I keep getting DLL load error messages (error 126: can not load Crescendo.dll)

Trying this on a demo account to start fwd test.

Any ideas anyone?

Error 126 due to missing dependence DLL. If you run depends.exe, Crescendo.dll requires MFC90.DLL and MSVCR90.DLL which can be found by installing Visual C++ 2008 Package from Microsoft. Link below.

Also be aware that sharing a password/authentication will not work, the server can tell if more than one IP is in use at a time.

I ended up buying this thing. I must admit their CS was very prompt and quite helpful at getting it up and running.

They were the ones that told me about the Visual C++.

Backtests are good, demo is profitable so far.

I'm trying the educated versions alongside it but they keep crashing the platform, the original version seems solid so far.

We'll see.

Thanks to all here for their hard work.

Can you provide some backtests?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician