Forex Crescendo - EA on page 1

vinnie

So far, my profits on all the brokers using Crescendo is going sort of sideways, lose $5, gain $4, then gain $3, then lose $1. This particular EA is broker friendly, so not as many differences were noted between brokers. But, for example, Forex SAS has only traded on 3 out 8 brokers, and the same thing for Automated Pips system, I just can't get them to trade on most platforms. As a general rule I have found that the dealing desk Brokers, like Alpari and IBFX, handle most EAs, but I don't do large lots with dealing desk brokers. The problem with Aplari and IBFX US accounts is that many trades are cancelled due to FIFO or Hedging violations. So, I can't always tell if the robot is losing money because of the FIFO rule, or because of the trading logic.

I have not been using Crescendo long enough to get much of a result, but, it seems to gain a little more than it loses. All my other platforms have multiple robots running on the same broker also, so I do not have any performance sheet to see how Crescendo is doing percentage wise. I just have to look at the log, and round off the profits and losses. The other problem is that my VPS is overburdened, so my charts keep freezing. I have over 200 robots running at the same time, on just 1 account (or approximately 20-30 robots running per MT4 platform). I don't recommend this because I believe I am losing trades with all the delayed signals (data feed) from the processor overload. I guess even VPS systems have their limitations. There is also a "bottle neck" problem with individual brokers when you have so many robots sending signals at the same time, on just 1 account number. Sometimes the brokers email me and threaten to suspend my account unless I "tame" the multiple trade signals they are receiving, all within a few seconds! It's time for me to get rid of some of the "dead wood" (non-performing robots), and get my data feed to run a little faster. @-)

Thanks for your answer,

200 robots running at the same time: you must have a very big account, and like you said you have to face delayed and overload signals. You are brave! lol

Don't you think it would be safer for financial reasons and also for being able to control which EA performs better compared to another... to split your Equity in multiple accounts?

And your broker won't threaten to suspend your account anymore.

Just a suggestion, not a judgement!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That's the plan, to split my equity over 10 to 12 brokers, then, no single broker can "misplace" all my money. I trade only micro size lots, and each account only needs $500, and I try to use 200:1 margin. Also, if I have robots that only trade once or twice a week, then I can put 20 or 30 on 1 platform. If I have robots that trade more often, then I may only put only 5 or 6 on a platform. I have never had my account suspended, only threats. Normally, the problem is caused by a robot that is trying to do a trade, but, either the lot size is wrong, or the margin is too low, so the robot will keep trying several times per minute to put the trade through anyway. So, then I just turn that particular robot off, and either fix the lot size (take it off money management, and put it on manual), or wait for the balance to increase (if it was a "low funds" error). So, it's difficult to make any money when trading microlots, but for testing purposes on a live account, it's the only way I feel comfortable trading on an unproven EA. :|

Thanks for your answer,

200 robots running at the same time: you must have a very big account, and like you said you have to face delayed and overload signals. You are brave! lol

Don't you think it would be safer for financial reasons and also for being able to control which EA performs better compared to another... to split your Equity in multiple accounts?

And your broker won't threaten to suspend your account anymore.

Just a suggestion, not a judgement!

Not happy with the GBP/JPY performance of this ea.....

Yes, I have removed GBPJPY and trading only GBPUSD.

It has been profitable, so far, on my Go Markets real money account.

I have the GBPJPY running on the demo account just to monitor the performance further as I suspect that GBPJPY was not performing due to stronger JPY. No idea why the EA tends to buy on GBPJPY.

I download version form page 1, post#1

I already copy it to libraries folder

but it said

2010.10.20 07:57:52 Crescendo_v1 GBPUSD,H1: cannot load library 'Crescendo.dll' (error 126)

You can either download and install the Visual C++ 2008 package from Microsoft or use the latest version of Crescendo 1.2 in an earlier post.

Microsoft link:

...you can download and install Apache web server, it's free.

I'm trying this one(virtual server). It is going to take me a while since I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but I will figure it out eventually.

hxxp://www.mywebserver.org/us/

Jason can you tell me if this will work or should I go with the Apache?

I looked at the Apache site but it seemed over my head.

Edited by calebhugh

I've got it to where everything that is directed to www.forexcrescendo.com goes to 127.0.0.1(MyWebServer) but I am having a problem with the file that I have uploaded there. When I try to make a text file in word processor it says that auth/crescendo_auth.php is an invalid file name. am I trying to save the txt file with the wrong name? I seems that this will work if I can figure out the text file. Please help.

I put 1 in the body of the text but when run through the server the return reply is 0.

Edited by wades-world

anyway to read a php file (crescendo_auth.php) in a IIS without to install PHP? i tried to redirect the request to an html but i think i am doing something wrong

It looks like I am going to have to go with IIS also. Found this web page that might help us.

hxxp://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/how-to-create-a-windows-vista-iis7-mysql-php-web-server/

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

I'm trying this one(virtual server). It is going to take me a while since I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but I will figure it out eventually.

hxxp://www.mywebserver.org/us/

Jason can you tell me if this will work or should I go with the Apache?

I looked at the Apache site but it seemed over my head.

I have no idea how mywebserver.org works. Further, I do not have the IP address of mywebserver.org to redirect the request to.

I installed Apache web server on my computer or VPS you may call it since it is running 24x6. Since my web server and MT4 are on the same machine, in my host file, I have the following entry to redirect any request for www.forexcresendo.com to the local web server.

127.0.0.1 www.forexcresendo.com

Since I also set up my DHCP on my router to assign a reserved IP address, 10.8.8.8, for my VPS, I could also have an entry in host file as:

10.8.8.8 www.forexcresendo.com

Again guys for web server try this WAMP hxxp://[email protected]/en/ ...

create folder 'auth' in default root .../wamp/www ... then place file in folder ... result

.../wamp/www/auth/crescendo_auth.php

if doing multiple hosting eg. crescendo / megadroid ... require a little more tinkering

Trying this one out now. Looks like it will work. Thanks junglist

• 2 weeks later...
What do you mean by "change my hosts file back"?

Sorry, I can't seem to backtest this.

Also, is this making decent consistent profits for anyone? It seems from Conglo's last post here, that the stoploss is gigantic.

Thanks

Start reading from post #161. There is another way to get some EA's to work without educating the files. And it WORKS:P

I have not tried to backtest the EA(I usually don't unless I need to optimize something).On a couple of demo accounts it has mixed results. It seems as though the higher frequencies will keep this one out of some bad entries. If you put it on "0" it can trade so much you can't see the candle. I've got it running with Multivers and FX Combo and Combo looks real good. I also like Steadywinner V3 & V4(different demo acct.) pretty consistent winning traders. Search this forum and you can find steadywinner(the author) and his EA's for just $28. Probably the best deal on a real deal robot around.=D>