Cable Run from Profitable FX

why your open orders need to close manually ? below codes are excellent/brutal force way to make sure all open orders are swept cleanly after profit had made.

Thanks again for the additional code :)

Yes I just needed to be careful.. because I trade it with my Live account, and I was not really sure how this EA would work if suddenly the charts become trending in US session & not going back and I were still holding positions that going opposite :) These days GU is still in ranging market.. We'll see how this EA gonna work when GU market become trending.. We'll see if our ATR setting really filter bad trades.. I really hope so :)

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys a little confused with exactly what's going on in this post. Is one version using bollinger bands or something to enter trades.

Is anyone able to upload a modified version of cable run with the other indicator inside the EA.

I use the latest version from Muruku. Here it is:

It use ATR_Pips.mq4 indicator instead of Bollinger Bands. You can download the indicator here:

clevereto really clever,

My previous thought was using Bollinger bandwidth (gap of upper/lower band) to decide if market is ranging or trending, but we soon realize especially during NY session, the bandwidth can be widen up to 100 pips but the market resume ranging after all sorts of econ news elapsed after 8-10.30am NY time. So ATR indicators can be applicable to detect consolidation market... also if the ranging had all small small candlestick side by side or doji, they are also unfavorable, so, we should filter them off..

i suggest below methods..

double ATRPips =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,0);

double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,6);

double ATRPrePips2 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,9);

int MySignal = 0;

//Print("ATRPrePips",ATRPrePips);

if (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit+1

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit+1

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit) MySignal =1;

** to be venture enough to trade more lot size, i suggest some time check ..

if (TimeCurrent() <= StrToTime(CableRunEndTime + ":00")) FirstLot = 0.11; <--during Asian Session

if (TimeCurrent() >= StrToTime(CableRunEndTime + ":00")) FirstLot = 0.10; <--during Euro Session

if (TimeCurrent() >= StrToTime(CableRunNightTime+ ":00")) FirstLot = 0.11; <-- after NY news elapsed.

if (MySignal ==1 & ...) { start to turn on the EA }

Sorry guys for evolving so many ideas here too rapid... for those can not cope, my apology here.

** This morning i turned on double C****Run with my proposal idea of using

int TotalProfit(int ai_magic) instead of GlobalVariableSet("OldBalance", AccountBalance());..

things not working well, only earned 20 pips instead of at least 30 pips for dual EAs.

Maybe price flipped too fast that EA not catch it correctly using this new sub., so, better revert to old way of $ rolling. :)

Hi all, thanks for all the modifications. Just a question: is the ATR being used as a filter to either trade or to stay out of the market or is it currently used to adjust the distance between the orders? I would suggest to use the last option. This will protect against account blow-ups.

Basically, when the market is ranging (low ATR) the orders will be placed close to each other, when the market is moving fast (high ATR) the orders will be placed further apart to make sure it can survive big trends.

Any thoughts on this idea?

John

clevereto really clever,

My previous thought was using Bollinger bandwidth (gap of upper/lower band) to decide if market is ranging or trending, but we soon realize especially during NY session, the bandwidth can be widen up to 100 pips but the market resume ranging after all sorts of econ news elapsed after 8-10.30am NY time. So ATR indicators can be applicable to detect consolidation market... also if the ranging had all small small candlestick side by side or doji, they are also unfavorable, so, we should filter them off..

I'm just trying my best to understand your methods, Master.. It's still hard for me to understand all of your methods here, especially the coding part.. When I'm still trying to figure out how this ATR_Pips indicator works with the EA, U came up with some other new ideas like putting some new logics here & there. I just wish U could tell us more about new logics above, like the function of ATRPrePips1 and 2 or ATRDnLimit, and where should we put it on the EA, and why? Or maybe U can just give us source link to read about them if U're too busy Optimizing the EA :)

But anyway, i'm running the EA today with ATR settings that U suggest us in your last post, and Wow... I got 302 pips only for today in my demo accounts, and all positions are already closed now in profits :) :) :)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3416df18c6.jpg

I think the ATR really filter bad trades in US session today...

But meanwhile,in my another demo account which I use original C*b*eR*n EA in it, still have some open positions, and in big minus :(

Hi clevereto,

happy to see your demo profits.

May I ask you to upload your version and settings ?

I'm not expert in mt4 coding and not able to add all the additional settings Muruku suggested us.

I'd like to know if the ATR_Pips.mq4 indicator correct (actual) settings is 17 and how to set the trading period ( Alpari UK +2 GMT) and the trading lots( micro account,min 0.01 lots).

Sorry for all these questions .

there seems to be a lot of requests for the latest version. can someone upload them and ill edit the first post and put them up there for peeps to be able to find.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I'm happy to know & to help some folks like cleveroto as he/she starts to see $ roll in..

hey folks, one of the reason i hesitate to share my latest code as i noticed that C**b**Run had discontinued sharing their result in FPA.. that sounded impossible to me as no more trading activities...

Almost all of our folks here should have sort of base or should i say most decent code of this EA, so i'm sorry not replying all requests to upload the latest code...

i have some newer thoughts today..

===========================

1- Resume to use the logic of TotalProfit(Magic), so that we can deploy many C**b**Run EAs as we want (with each of them having unique magic# ) .. The logic is meant to return total pips earned from each EA per their magic ID. to maximize the profit. How many of them ? do it according to your MM.

double Pips = TotalProfit(Magic);

if (Pips > MinProfit){

DeletePendingOrders(Magic);

CloseAllTrades(0, Magic)

}

2- Having 2 layers of ATR Ranging filtering zones (A & B) as listed. As after sharp trending due to news elapsed, the ranging may resume back in higher range of ATR ..however, it will take some time to settle to Zone A .., so Zone B should be considered a good trade entry too..

Low ranging zone A

=============

double ATRUpLimit1 = 13.0;

double ATRDnLimit1 = 7.0;

Higher ranging zone B

===============

double ATRUpLimit2 = 26.0;

double ATRDnLimit2 = 19.0;

double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,3);

double ATRPrePips2 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,6);

if (

(ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit1

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit1

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit1)

|| (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit2

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit2

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit2)) MySignal =1;

3- Considering write your logic for SL too, do you feel scary with EA without SL...??

By seeing the trade records in FPA, let's set 190-200 pips ..

NY Session 8am - 1pm is uncertainty period as usual, a lot of econ news queuing to be announced out.. That's not a good idea for all sort of scalper EAs to be active at this time period.

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime1 = "20:00"; <-- this is your pc local time (=NY 8am)

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime2 = "01:30"; (=NY 1.30pm)

Comment("\n\n\n+++++++ CableRun OFF ++++++++"

+"\n"

if ( !TelagaEmas && TimeCurrent() < StrToTime(CableRunStartTime + ":00")) return (0);

if (IsTradeTime(CableRunNOTtoTradesTime1, CableRunNOTtoTradesTime2)) return (0);

bool IsTradeTime(string as_0, string as_8) {

string l_time2str_16 = TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_MINUTES);

if (as_0 < as_8 && l_time2str_16 < as_0 || l_time2str_16 >= as_8) return (false);

if (as_0 > as_8 && (l_time2str_16 < as_0 && l_time2str_16 >= as_8)) return (false);

if (as_0 == as_8) return (false);

return (true);

}

2- Having 2 layers of ATR Ranging filtering zones (A & B) as listed. As after sharp trending due to news elapsed, the ranging may resume back in higher range of ATR ..however, it will take some time to settle to Zone A .., so Zone B should be considered a good trade entry too..

Low ranging zone A

=============

double ATRUpLimit1 = 13.0;

double ATRDnLimit1 = 7.0;

Higher ranging zone B

===============

double ATRUpLimit2 = 26.0;

double ATRDnLimit2 = 19.0;

double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,3);

double ATRPrePips2 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,6);

if (

(ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit1

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit1

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit1)

|| (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit2

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit2

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit2)) MySignal =1;

Hi Muruku,

I'm so excited about those codes U wrote.. I hope I can successfully put them into my EA, try them and see the differences they make in my account :)

I have a question.. I hope U don't mind.. :) For the '2 layers of ATR Ranging filtering zones', should I change the number of 'ATR_Period' variable inside the ATR_Pips indicator?? And what is your recommended settings if I may know?

Thank U

Hi clevereto,

happy to see your demo profits.

May I ask you to upload your version and settings ?

I'm not expert in mt4 coding and not able to add all the additional settings Muruku suggested us

I personally only use 2 versions of Cab*eR*n EA:

1. See post #4 or #9 <- Original EA

2. See my post #102 <- EA modified by Muruku.

Both are giving me very good results. But I must say the modified version giving me better results in my demo.

And please Guys, don't be lazy to read all posts in this thread if U want to know more about this EA, especially all posts from Muruku. Believe me, it's really WORTH it.. Although Muruku has been posting alot of his/her ideas with coding, he/she also gave some recommendation settings that are so easy to follow.. I'm a newbie about coding, I can only follow his easiest recommendation setting for now, which is the setting for ATR. But it's already giving me awesome results.. Just try to forward test the EA with Muruku's recommended setting.. U'll easily find them if U really read all his/her posts.. This thread is only 12 pages anyway..

And it might even better if U know about coding & try to put some Muruku's ideas (it's already in coding form) into your EA. I bet U'll be surprised to see how good this modified EA can be. :)

420 pips for these 4 days in LIVE acc..

Be mindful, just found out the broker started to delete this EA buy/sell limit, why i knew ?

1) as i never see any record in journal as below when hanky panky stuff happened ..

2) as the EA still attempt to open its pending trades, i manually enter the pending orders..mine not deleted !!!

3) When i deleted my manual orders, record found in my mt4 platform.

4) When i change the magic #, the EA 's pending trades workable again...

2010.09.16 23:06:50 'XXXX': delete pending order #4363984 sell limit 0.10 GBPUSD. at 1.5662 sl: 0.0000 tp: 0.0000

Look's like their side had some watchers/ i believe some plug-in client tool to monitor each of good trades..

from many threads i read in this forum, the broker kind of recognize the "signature" either Ordersend() by EA or manual trade

hmm what a dirty tricks of these broker nowadays ..

Clevereto, you won't need to change ATR_Period in ATR_Pips..i stay as 7 (sorry, i keep on finetunning)..

//---input variables

extern int ATR_Period=7; //good for 7 16-Sep.. dun touch

How to handle nasty broker ?

-- write the virtualkeystroke logic to emulate manual trade to confuse them ?

-- diligently change the magic # everyday ?

i made it workable before, but not usable in VPS or when your pc in locked / screen saver mode ..

anybody had breakthru for this ?

void MyOrder(int tradecmd, double tradelots,double top_price, double tp_price, double sl_price) {

switch (tradecmd) {

case 0: /*Buy*/

//Like: [F9][TAB][0][.][2][5][TAB][1][.][4][9][5][3][TAB][1][.][5][0][5][0][TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB][sPACE][ALT+F4]

SendKey(VK_F9);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(tradelots_0);

SendKey(tradelots_1);

SendKey(tradelots_2);

SendKey(tradelots_3);

SendKey(tradelots_4);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(sl_price_0);

SendKey(sl_price_1);

SendKey(sl_price_2);

SendKey(sl_price_3);

SendKey(sl_price_4);

SendKey(sl_price_5);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(tp_price_0);

SendKey(tp_price_1);

SendKey(tp_price_2);

SendKey(tp_price_3);

SendKey(tp_price_4);

SendKey(tp_price_5);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(VK_SPACE);

//Sleep(7000);

//SendAltKey(VK_SPACE);

//SendKey(VK_DOWN);

//SendKey(VK_DOWN);

//SendKey(VK_DOWN);

//SendKey(VK_RETURN);

//SendKey(VK_RETURN);

//SendCtrKey(VK_F9);

//SendKey(VK_ESCAPE);//SendAltKey(VK_F4);

break;

case 1: /*Sell*/

SendKey(VK_F9);

SendKey(VK_TAB);

SendKey(tradelots_0);

SendKey(tradelots_1);

SendKey(tradelots_2);

SendKey(tradelots_3);

SendCtrKey(VK_F9);

//SendKey(VK_ESCAPE);//SendAltKey(VK_F4);

break;

default:

//return (-1);

break;

}

}

Both are giving me very good results. But I must say the modified version giving me better results in my demo.

And please Guys, don't be lazy to read all posts in this thread if U want to know more about this EA, especially all posts from Muruku. Believe me, it's really WORTH it.. Although Muruku has been posting alot of his/her ideas with coding, he/she also gave some recommendation settings that are so easy to follow.. I'm a newbie about coding, I can only follow his easiest recommendation setting for now, which is the setting for ATR. But it's already giving me awesome results.. Just try to forward test the EA with Muruku's recommended setting.. U'll easily find them if U really read all his/her posts.. This thread is only 12 pages anyway..

And it might even better if U know about coding & try to put some Muruku's ideas (it's already in coding form) into your EA. I bet U'll be surprised to see how good this modified EA can be. :)

Clevereto, be venture enuff & dump this EA to LIVE acc, I 'm happy to assist your guys become millionaire..

I understand all this and the great efforts going into it. As well, I was strongly intersted of the EA strategy since. When it didn't run properly with my brokers I put it aside...

Now, the EA has been further advanced/fine tuned I would like to get your help to make it practical/useable for all/most of us.

There have been lots of requests to support the Order Send Error 130 issue, I saw a request for Micro Lots, etc. etc.

Appreciating your help ;)

Cheers

dear muruku,

thanks for the idea and nice coding technique :D.

ok. you dont want to share your latest EA than its ok for me ... hehehe... but can you tell me what code do put in your latest ea ?

from the previous post, its like your already put :-

1. ATR Pips Zone A and Zone B

2. TotalProfit(magic)

3. NoTradeTimes

4. dynamic magic number

5. False Keystroke (for bad broker)

So, hope you can clarify a bit ... thanks

Hi Guys,

Agree with metin - Could you correct the code to micro lots? I'm trying to trade 0.02 lots in my little live acc, and I have the following issues:

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 10

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 9

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 8

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 7

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 6

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 5

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 4

2010.09.17 01:01:47 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 3

2010.09.17 01:01:46 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 2

2010.09.17 01:01:46 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 1

2010.09.17 01:01:46 CableRunII-GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.02,1.5604,0,0) 0

Thanks a lot to muruku, for his excellent work !

P.S.: I would suggest to murukutu to create a 4shared/mediafire repository with all the proposed mods (already modified), and that should clear some kind of confusion related to the great ideas he has, and that we're not sure if some of them - or all, were introduced in his latest versions. It's just an idea...

Regards,

4XL

Edited by 4xlord