Cable Run from Profitable FX

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is REALLY poor coding. this EA is going to crash A LOT of accounts.

the take profit is in dollars, not pips. and they dont explain that you need to keep the ratio of lot size to take profit.

strmec when you add in the time filter, can you also change the take profit to pips rather than dollars.

the added time filter in post #19 works fine but it just stops opening new orders when time span finish

but what we need to do? the authors says:

"What to do if any positions are opened, when do I need to close EA?

We sometimes leave them to run till the trade is going in our direction and

sometimes we close all positions, it totally depends on the market."

the TP issue - IMO perhaps it is better to stay in dollars because of the baskets of positions EA opens...

Edited by musketeer

Hi All,

Getting lots of Order Send Errors 130 and Order Delete Errors while testing on two different Brokers...

Cheers

error 130 (ERR_INVALID_STOPS)

http://docs.mql4.com/trading/OrderSend

so, there is no sense because there are no stops in the orders

BUT it is the same case for pending orders, and that means your broker do not allow that distance you've set

try different "Step"

there is something important - since mt4 tester did not keep track of floating P/L, the most important info is lost

so, we are not able to say almost anything about grid based system looking @mt4 tester report

max DD is the floating drawdown.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Guest strmec
I run Cable Run on demo without time restriction - it's run whole day. three days for now with good results. In other way on live account run it like manual say and result are poor. I must say that first day I was leave open this EA accidentally ( on demo ) but results are good till now.

it is matter of acc :) did you test for long period?

edit: it has potential... BUT the DD is not good! it is iike megadroid but w/o SL...

This has nothing to do with the Megadroid! lol

This is progressive positioning, which always leads to an account blow-up no matter what.

While the Megadroid enters one position at a time as does not blow up an account over the long run

This has nothing to do with the Megadroid! lol

This is progressive positioning, which always leads to an account blow-up no matter what.

While the Megadroid enters one position at a time as does not blow up an account over the long run

mean only "wait for a (small) trend and go for retrace" - it is the base of MD

BUT it is the same case for pending orders, and that means your broker do not allow that distance you've set

try different "Step"

and forgot to mention: when (if) you get some error 130 msg - check your *current* platform (where you go test) - try to put one pending order and check what is the *current* restriction from the broker about pending orders

the tester gets current conditions from the broker

Hi All,

Getting lots of Order Send Errors 130 and Order Delete Errors while testing on two different Brokers...

Cheers

The problem here is most likely you use an ECN broker, and they need to set SL / TP in different statement to OrderSend.... i.e. need to send, check you have a valid ticket, then OrderModify

look at the sample expert advisors (that come with IBFX)

//from basic zero lag crossover
Ticket = OrderSend( FinalSymbol, OP_BUY, FinalLots, SymAsk, 0, 0.0, 0.0, EA_Comment, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE ); 

int Err=GetLastError();

switch (Err) 
     {
          //---- Success
          case               ERR_NO_ERROR: OrderLoop = true; 
                                           if( OrderSelect( Ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET ) )
                                           { OrderModify( Ticket, OrderOpenPrice(), StopLong(SymBid,StopLoss, SymPoints,SymDigits), TakeLong(SymAsk,ProfitTarget,SymPoints,SymDigits), 0, CLR_NONE ); }
                                           break;

and forgot to mention: when (if) you get some error 130 msg - check your *current* platform (where you go test) - try to put one pending order and check what is the *current* restriction from the broker about pending orders

the tester gets current conditions from the broker

Guessing, this problem goes across all brokers. Maybe below can help...? My coding skills are a bit rusty so ;)

Cheers

Adding this line of code will output the current minimum stoplevel for the currency pair of the chart, where you run the EA:

Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL));

You shouldn’t be using stop-loss or take-profit level, which are closer than MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) to the current market price. If your EA calculates stops and take-profits dynamically, this is what I suggest you to do:

1.Declare a global variable for the minimum StopLevel; e.g.:

int StopLevel;

2.In the init() function of your expert advisor define the minimum StopLevel:

StopLevel = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) + MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD);

Note, that adding a spread difference is also required.

3.The next time your stop-loss or take-profit is calculated, just check them to be not less than StopLevel:

if (StopLoss < StopLevel) StopLoss = StopLevel;

if (TakeProfit < StopLevel) TakeProfit = StopLevel;

4.Don’t forget to refresh the current market rates with RefreshRates() before adding the stop-loss/take-profits levels to the actual market rates.

try different "Step"

Guessing, this problem goes across all brokers. Maybe below can help...? My coding skills are a bit rusty so ;)

Cheers

Adding this line of code will output the current minimum stoplevel for the currency pair of the chart, where you run the EA:

Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL));

You shouldn’t be using stop-loss or take-profit level, which are closer than MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) to the current market price. If your EA calculates stops and take-profits dynamically, this is what I suggest you to do:

1.Declare a global variable for the minimum StopLevel; e.g.:

int StopLevel;

2.In the init() function of your expert advisor define the minimum StopLevel:

StopLevel = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) + MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD);

Note, that adding a spread difference is also required.

3.The next time your stop-loss or take-profit is calculated, just check them to be not less than StopLevel:

if (StopLoss < StopLevel) StopLoss = StopLevel;

if (TakeProfit < StopLevel) TakeProfit = StopLevel;

4.Don’t forget to refresh the current market rates with RefreshRates() before adding the stop-loss/take-profits levels to the actual market rates.

yes, sure, but for the backtesting needs it is better to stay with current code

The problem here is most likely you use an ECN broker, and they need to set SL / TP in different statement to OrderSend.... i.e. need to send, check you have a valid ticket, then OrderModify

look at the sample expert advisors (that come with IBFX)

//from basic zero lag crossover
Ticket = OrderSend( FinalSymbol, OP_BUY, FinalLots, SymAsk, 0, 0.0, 0.0, EA_Comment, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE ); 

int Err=GetLastError();

switch (Err) 
     {
          //---- Success
          case               ERR_NO_ERROR: OrderLoop = true; 
                                           if( OrderSelect( Ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET ) )
                                           { OrderModify( Ticket, OrderOpenPrice(), StopLong(SymBid,StopLoss, SymPoints,SymDigits), TakeLong(SymAsk,ProfitTarget,SymPoints,SymDigits), 0, CLR_NONE ); }
                                           break;

with the weird tester... there is no problem, no matter of the broker is ECN or not - orders always pass. most likely it is temporary widening the restrictions of pending orders - news/volatility/what_other_else

an idea is to disconnect the broker - wrong pass or firewall policy - and THEN do backtests

mean only "wait for a (small) trend and go for retrace" - it is the base of MD

Do you even understand what progressive positioning means? it means adding to a losing position, and keep on adding

as long as the pair continues to move against the trade.

While the Megadroid enters one position, if the market goes against it, it closes on a loss and moves on.

For the sake of everything you love just stay far away from these stupid forex strategies, there is no need for you to learn you lesson the hard way in forex.

Do you even understand what progressive positioning means? it means adding to a losing position, and keep on adding

as long as the pair continues to move against the trade.

While the Megadroid enters one position, if the market goes against it, it closes on a loss and moves on.

For the sake of everything you love just stay far away from these stupid forex strategies, there is no need for you to learn you lesson the hard way in forex.

yeah, thank you for clarification, i do know what progressive positioning means

in forex from '03 and for living from '08 - still alive... :)

it is true - every martingale (progressive positioning), counter trend, pyramiding is very dangerous, there is no doubt

but that did not change the fact like i've said about finding reversals in asian sessions...

:)

yeah, thank you for clarification, i do know what progressive positioning means

in forex from '03 and for living from '08 - still alive... :)

it is true - every martingale (progressive positioning), counter trend, pyramiding is very dangerous, there is no doubt

but that did not change the fact like i've said about finding reversals in asian sessions...

:)

In that case it won't be 100% automated. If you are able to manually spot a reversal, then why use this system,, just pick a stoploss level, pick a target, and go for it.

Adding to losing positions however will make you blow-up your account even if you have a very long experience in Forex.

I have been live in forex since 2004

Cheers

Dear traders,

here's new revolution of CableRun II includes all the fantastic features, that i port over them from my other matured EA.. All of them are almost self explainable..

-Super advanced & dynamic features :- hidden TP/SL,BE,BE2, Scaling out

-Trailing step

-Active/End Session trading time (my time is GMT+8) you have to adjust yours

-Delete all pending Buy/Sell Limit after Session End.

-*** I hv able to program KeyStroke to mimic Manual trading, but no point if you use VPS/turn on screen saver, thus not adding here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fa3j0b9ce9nl584

It just works for me in 4-digits real acc. starts to earn 24 pips this morning...

here's some misc logic tweak compared to previous upload. However, still maintaining the CORE concepts of the product..

KUDO pls !!!

Hi Muruku

Please, can you share your best set file?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Juliusss