Cable Run from Profitable FX

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

earned 40 pips today in life acc.

dun waste time in backtest that i used to do before.

// according to the spec, suggested Active 5am until 4pm at GMT +8

so, i just adjust based on personal preference

string CableRunStartTime = "1:00"; // 1:00=6am

string CableRunEndTime = "9:20"; // 9:20=2.20pm

your guys should figure out what your broker GMT is & adjust the trading time. See the timeconversion website as ref.

Hmm been trying cable run. Put it on the other day outside the asian session just before the GU went down 200 points so had 15 trades going bad but when the GU turned it all went good. Don't know how safe this EA is. That was only 0.05 lots and was down around $500. I think it really needs a trailing stop or some further improvements but does look to have potential. Have tried Robominer which is grid also but stopped using it.

Believe me or not Cable Run can give you in average of 500-600 pips per week... i have personally follow up its logic & i supposed to gain 15 pips x 8 = 120 pips within 2 days !!!! (but other self-developed EAs skru up the gain..)

Make sure you

-add a patch onto this EA to enter trade ONLY during moderate bandwidth .. Bollinger band > 20 & < 70, where the market is ranging & time on/off can be added to this EA activity

-set NO TP/SL <-- this is very important as losing positions will be contra by winning position, if any TP/SL reach, you will have hard time to reach at least 15 pips profit in overall.

-The existing logic to close all active positions when at least 15/16 pips are gain is not fully workable. I encountered partially of pos was closed. Make sure to add looping to forcing cleanclose happily.

-avoid running of this EA during US session / get rid of any econ news during this session ..

Dun waste time looking for others HollyGrail, i have really love this beast ! You will see $$ roll in ...

Believe me or not Cable Run can give you in average of 500-600 pips per week... i have personally follow up its logic & i supposed to gain 15 pips x 8 = 120 pips within 2 days !!!! (but other self-developed EAs skru up the gain..)

Make sure you

-add a patch onto this EA to enter trade ONLY during moderate bandwidth .. Bollinger band > 20 & < 70, where the market is ranging & time on/off can be added to this EA activity

-set NO TP/SL <-- this is very important as losing positions will be contra by winning position, if any TP/SL reach, you will have hard time to reach at least 15 pips profit in overall.

-The existing logic to close all active positions when at least 15/16 pips are gain is not fully workable. I encountered partially of pos was closed. Make sure to add looping to forcing cleanclose happily.

-avoid running of this EA during US session / get rid of any econ news during this session ..

Dun waste time looking for others HollyGrail, i have really love this beast ! You will see $$ roll in ...

OK good news, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Can you also share your modded version as I am not quite clear on your modifications:

For example you state:

Bollinger band > 20 & < 70

Can you clarify what you mean by that..?

Cheers, San.

Edited by San4x
Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

ok folks..dun use Bollinger band width to enter the trade as i said before > 20 & < 70 which will reduce a lot of profit opportunities, as during NY session, the bandwidth will easily as wide as 100..

Let's add below ..

double ATRPips =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,0);

if( ATRPips <=13 && MyOrdersTotal(Magic) == 0) {

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, FirstLot, Ask - Step * Point, 3, 0, 0, "", Magic, 0, CLR_NONE /*Green*/);

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELLLIMIT, FirstLot, Bid + Step * Point, 3, 0, 0, "", Magic, 0, CLR_NONE /*Red*/);

}

u can download ATR_Pips.mq4 from

ok folks..dun use Bollinger band width to enter the trade as i said before > 20 & < 70 which will reduce a lot of profit opportunities, as during NY session, the bandwidth will easily as wide as 100..

Let's add below ..

double ATRPips =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,0);

if( ATRPips <=13 && MyOrdersTotal(Magic) == 0) {

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, FirstLot, Ask - Step * Point, 3, 0, 0, "", Magic, 0, CLR_NONE /*Green*/);

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELLLIMIT, FirstLot, Bid + Step * Point, 3, 0, 0, "", Magic, 0, CLR_NONE /*Red*/);

}

OK, interesting. Thanks muruku for sharing your thoughts.

How did you come up with if(ATRPips <= 13)...? Why the number 13?

Cheers, San.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Dun selfish your KUDOs okay ?

this is a splendid EA i even seen.. dun change any vital parameters like step, firstlot, minprofit !!!

i would suggest you cease all your EA so as not to disrupt the logic of it since when you get at least 15 pips profit out of the equity via this EA, but others EA still in minus pips.. all open positions by this EA could never close & making things complicated. ATR_pips is a good filter (let's set it to extern int ATR_Period=10 in ATR_Pips.mq4) to ensure the EA entering trade during quiet/RANGING market..

If i would have not let my other self-developed EA run, i should at least earned 500 pips..

so, i got 217 pips this week (unlucky)..

It's okay .. let the CABLE RUN.. it's actually a cash machine !!!

** Anyone have the latest version CableRun from Pr*fit*bl* FX DO SHARE !!!!

Dun selfish your KUDOs okay ?

this is a splendid EA i even seen.. dun change any vital parameters like step, firstlot, minprofit !!!

i would suggest you cease all your EA so as not to disrupt the logic of it since when you get at least 15 pips profit out of the equity via this EA, but others EA still in minus pips.. all open positions by this EA could never close & making things complicated. ATR_pips is a good filter (let's set it to extern int ATR_Period=10 in ATR_Pips.mq4) to ensure the EA entering trade during quiet/RANGING market..

If i would have not let my other self-developed EA run, i should at least earned 500 pips..

so, i got 217 pips this week (unlucky)..

It's okay .. let the CABLE RUN.. it's actually a cash machine !!!

** Anyone have the latest version CableRun from Pr*fit*bl* FX DO SHARE !!!!

5 Digit brokes problem resumes. Tried Alpari etc... Tried changing the range to 170 etc etc.... Order send error 130...

Cheers