NEW Megadroid N1

Hi guys,

1) These are default settings I am seeing for mdpro_v101ee_bbr_v11_n1.ex4 :

GmtOffset=0.00000000

AutoLocalGmtOffset=1

AutoServerGmtOffset=1

If GmtOffset is manually set as 0, should AutoLocalGmtOffset & AutoServerGmtOffset as true (ie 1) ?

2) To set High Impact News as 600/600, I just need to set both MinsUntilNextHighNews & MinsSincePrevHighNews as 600, right?

Thanks

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AutoLocal and AutoServer should be set to 0 (off). Your using 0 for GmtOffset because your broker happens to actually "be" at GMT exactly. But for those of us who use brokers off of GMT (like Go Markets which is 2, and FxPro which is 3, for example) we'd use 2 or 3, rather than 0. In any event, you'd always set the autolocal and autoserver to 0 -- it may not work properly if you set them to 1 due to the way the EAs are educated, as I understand it. Thats why typically you are advised to go manual. As to 600/600, yes, thats correct.

Hi guys,

1) These are default settings I am seeing for mdpro_v101ee_bbr_v11_n1.ex4 :

GmtOffset=0.00000000

AutoLocalGmtOffset=1

AutoServerGmtOffset=1

If GmtOffset is manually set as 0, should AutoLocalGmtOffset & AutoServerGmtOffset as true (ie 1) ?

2) To set High Impact News as 600/600, I just need to set both MinsUntilNextHighNews & MinsSincePrevHighNews as 600, right?

Thanks

Thanks a bunch, noziggity81 ... appreciate the explanation ... it is working just fine ...

I am kind of curious to know what the following logic means in Mdpro_v101ee_bbr_v11_n1.mq4 ... if you don't mind could you please explain ? ...

1) if(my_symbol != "EURUSD" && my_symbol != "EURCHF" && my_symbol != "EURGBP" && my_symbol != "USDCHF")

{

if (Logic == 1) my_symbol = "EURUSD";

if (Logic == 2) my_symbol = "EURCHF";

if (Logic == 3) my_symbol = "EURGBP";

if (Logic == 4) my_symbol = "USDCHF";

}

My understanding is this : if the symbol traded is NOT EURUSD and NOT EURCHF and NOT EURGBP and NOT USDCHF

then if Logic = 1 then symbol = EURUSD

then if Logic = 2 then symbol = EURCHF

then if Logic = 3 then symbol = EURGBP

then if Logic = 4 then symbol = USDCHF

So if I trade GBPUSD and set Logic = 4 then will it be treated as USDCHF ???

2) In the function S1_CheckSymbol(), for the symbol EURUSD, g_timeframe_256 = PERIOD_M15;

All the rest of the symbols in S1_CheckSymbol() & S2_CheckSymbol() functions have g_timeframe_256 / g_timeframe_432 set as PERIOD_M5 ... these are correct, right?

3) Since the trade times are hard coded for various symbols, to make it trade for different times, I would need to set OverrideTradeTimes = true and use S1_StartHour, S1_EndHour, S2_StartHour & S2_EndHour accordingly, right?

Thanks a lot again !

gctex: Nice read. You're just about right about your conclusions.

vikram88: Don't worry about the speeches. This version of megadroid already includes them. But yeah, if it didn't have, it would improve performance by including them, i suppose.

Thanks dinj I am no programmer but if you download Multivers from the link posted above The news indicator is NCal instead of FCal Ncal Indicator has high, medium,low impact news as FCAl but also has Speeches included. Late evening US Time speeches by Fed Reserve board Chairmain drastically affects the US currency market. Scalpers like megadroid which trade early Asian hrs are affected The Megadroid version can be modified with this new indicator. It would be worth your time to download the the EA and see the indicator for yourself

Happy Pips

Thanks dinj I am no programmer but if you download Multivers from the link posted above The news indicator is NCal instead of FCal Ncal Indicator has high, medium,low impact news as FCAl but also has Speeches included. Late evening US Time speeches by Fed Reserve board Chairmain drastically affects the US currency market. Scalpers like megadroid which trade early Asian hrs are affected The Megadroid version can be modified with this new indicator. It would be worth your time to download the the EA and see the indicator for yourself

Happy Pips

Alright. Try this, vikram88

Open a random chart, then, up, click on Insert/Indicators/Custom/FFCal. Then, on the inputs, check the fourth one....

They both do the same job.

Alright. Try this, vikram88

Open a random chart, then, up, click on Insert/Indicators/Custom/FFCal. Then, on the inputs, check the fourth one....

They both do the same job.

Thanks dinj

Ok The Indicator has it but does the EA Filter the speeches automatically or one has to turn of the EA manually when there is a speech. In Multivers EA the code is

bool CheckNews() {

if (NewsFilter) {

int MinsAftHi = iCustom(NULL, 0, "NCal", TRUE, FALSE, FALSE, IncludeSpeech, DrawNewsLine, 1, 0);

int MinsBefHi = iCustom(NULL, 0, "NCal", TRUE, FALSE, FALSE, IncludeSpeech, DrawNewsLine, 1, 1);

int MinsAftMed = iCustom(NULL, 0, "NCal", FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, IncludeSpeech, DrawNewsLine, 1, 0);

int MinsBefMed = iCustom(NULL, 0, "NCal", FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, IncludeSpeech, DrawNewsLine, 1, 1);

int MinsAftLo = iCustom(NULL, 0, "NCal", FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, IncludeSpeech, DrawNewsLine, 1, 0);

int MinsBefLo = iCustom(NULL, 0, "NCal", FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, IncludeSpeech, DrawNewsLine, 1, 1);

but in Megadroid there is no such code

Thanks

Hey noziggity81

My 2 cents worth

Md Pro v1.01N1 ee on USD/JPY

I have backtested this with news filter off and compared with aggressive turned off and on I find aggressive on gives better results

I have read the criticism on backtest on the forum however I am not downloading historical data from server but from broker Please cf Nightfox manual for full details

Secondly I am comparing 2 backtests and thus all the flaws in will cancel each other I am not comparing backtest with forward test

Also I have set Auto Local GMT Offset to True, Auto server GMT to True, Override Trade Times to True And all Start Times to 19 and all close times to 22

Similarly On EUR/USD I find MD 1.21N1 no dll gives better results than Md Pro v1.01N1 ee with aggressive off

Happy Pips

Hi vikram88: Thank you for your input. We've heard previously from dinj, back at the start of this thread, something similar re: aggressive mode showing better backtest results. I honestly am not sure, myself. There seems to be mixed opinions on this. I think, however, we can frame the conversation in terms of "good vs. very good" results possibly, rather than "bad vs. good" -- so, in other words, if aggressive mode improves results, its already improving on good results with it turned off, as well. What a refreshing change from the conversation re: most other robots!

I may eventually experiment with aggressive. Keep in mind that the table I pasted (with aggressive off) is based on theozaki's settings, and his results of 3+ months of live forward testing showing an 85-90% win rate. I feel a sense of confidence going by what he has to say based on his overall contributions and my limited testing thus far on my own accounts.

I encourage you to forward test on demo or live with your modifications (19-22, aggressive on) and report back to us from time to time on how N1 is working with those settings.

:)

Hey noziggity81

My 2 cents worth

Md Pro v1.01N1 ee on USD/JPY

I have backtested this with news filter off and compared with aggressive turned off and on I find aggressive on gives better results

I have read the criticism on backtest on the forum however I am not downloading historical data from server but from broker Please cf Nightfox manual for full details

Secondly I am comparing 2 backtests and thus all the flaws in will cancel each other I am not comparing backtest with forward test

Also I have set Auto Local GMT Offset to True, Auto server GMT to True, Override Trade Times to True And all Start Times to 19 and all close times to 22

Similarly On EUR/USD I find MD 1.21N1 no dll gives better results than Md Pro v1.01N1 ee with aggressive off

Happy Pips

My trades today consisted of one whopping 42 dollar loss on eur/usd using ADT +5 (2:00-4:00 GMT) and several 1-3 pip smaller wins totaling approximately $10-15. So about a $25 total loss from this EA today. Second "real" loss, however, in the entire time ive been reporting on this thread -- and it was during a non-sanctioned timeframe (one not consistent with theozaki's methods of 20-23 for EURUSD). So ive decided to focus on getting the settings right with theo's times to retire the +5 trading, so now im back to the 10 original pairs without the second ADT EURUSD anymore. I cave easily :P

Second point to bring up -- in terms of spread control, what is everyone using? -1, 0, or a specific value? ive been using -1 which means as i understand it that its essentially off. A tad bit risky, but as we've seen with only 2 losses and profits exceeding losses in total, it hasnt been an issue yet. Im wondering if anyone has a suggestion of a "limit" for all 10 pairs being traded (refer to my chart previously) -- a spread limit, that is.

Finally -- dinj -- can u elaborate a little on aggressive mode. You did some backtesting on it. I am currently just starting forward testing it for tomorrow's scalping session, but I was intrigued that you found it was significantly more profitable with minimal risk added... is it just basically (assuming recovery is off) 15 pips instead of 10 for TP? Is SL effected? What is your opinion, or anyone's, on using aggressive (WITHOUT RECOVERY ON)? If the main difference is 10 vs. 15 pips scalped, I could see how the risk/reward might be skewed more favorable at 15/40 rather than 10/40 and perhaps that explains why it works better over the longer term... but in the backtesting, do you find more "dips" of losses that would make, for those of us somewhat queasy by strings of losses, a bit uncomfortable with using that mode? In other words, is the equity curve really bumpy with aggressive on?

Cheers!

Hi noziggity,

The reason I recommended Aggressive mode was because I did a 10 years backtest with and without it. Obviously, you get more profit with it ON, but that doesn't mean it's more profitable. So I check the drawdown in both cases and that's what made me think it was more profitable, as you get just a little bit more drawdown for a substancial increase of profit.

I'm assuming you have it off, as this night I got a stoploss on megadroid eurusd and you didn't. I did a backtest of one day and I checked it was caused by the aggressive strategy.

Now, you can take that both ways. One, you wouldn't get it on non-aggressive mode, so it's better to have it off, but two, you're missing the takeprofit ones also, so it's hard to tell just by this stoploss. It might happen next time a stoploss by the original strategy getting reduced by some profit trades by the aggressive one. I'll keep it on unless i start having more losses.

Btw, the backtest's curve is smooth wither with it on or off, the stoplosses of those extra trades don't usually coincide with the original ones.

Another thing, and related to that loss of the aggressive strategy, i don't think i was the only one.

Yesterday was a Bank Holliday in USA. Does someone think it might have something to do with that?

The thing is, I don't know how that works, and it would be cool if someone could explain me.

My guess is, if it's a bank holliday, the banks are closed in US, then there is less liquidity, maybe more volatility, and the spread is higher.

BUT, the banks close, I guess, max at 4pm ET/EST, which in GMT is 8PM.

Megadroid, though, trades from 9PM to 11PM GMT, I think, so the banks in US would be closed anyway, making me assume that a bank holliday in US doesn't affect megadroid then, or does it?

Does someone have an opinion on this, cause I'm a bit of a newbie on how the currencies flow.

Edited by dinj

Hey dinj Megadroid os scalper and trades Asian Markets where volatility is low Without ADT the default trading hours are GMT 20 to 23 (Just do a backtest and see the the times it opens the trades) GMT 20-23 is EST 16-19 and american banks are not closed yet

Hey noziggity81 RE Max Spread Settings depends on the broker If Broker is fixed spread then specific value is the way to go. I am using 0 ie the default at IBFX

Happy Pips

Edited by vikram88

Hey dinj Megadroid os scalper and trades Asian Markets where volatility is low Without ADT the default trading hours are GMT 20 to 23 (Just do a backtest and see the the times it opens the trades) GMT 20-23 is EST 16-19 and american banks are not closed yet

Hey noziggity81 RE Max Spread Settings depends on the broker If Broker is fixed spread then specific value is the way to go. I am using 0 ie the default at IBFX

Happy Pips

I guess you're right about banks trading forex until later.

I thought the banks closed earlier, like in Europe, at 3pm local time. Maybe they do, but even here the forex markets seems to close later than the banks themselves.

I found this: http://www.forexmarkethours.com/

A lot probably already know that, but I wasn't sure about the hours.

In any case, the New York session ends at 5pm est, or 9pm GMT. The loss trade of eurusd was opened at 10:58pm, but still, I wondered if the Bank Holiday had something to do with that.

Do you guys trade asian session scalpers on us bank hollidays?