NEW Megadroid N1

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a forex factory calendar dll packaged with a certain oil trading ea. Their code only check for either major, medium or low impact news but no option for all 3 together as implemented by Dinj. I suppose that could be easily re-coded.

Anyway, the real question is whether a dll is better than an indicator, ie quicker, stable, less memory?

I can't remember which post but you can get the package directly from www.g0ldrush3a.c0m/the0ilbiz3a.htm

Yes, it is the v1.01n1ee. I would use 1.21 for eur/usd if it had adjustable hours. I agree, it is very interesting to watch the non-news version take hits while the N1 avoids it. I put together the 24hr demos to see how the EA performs during each hour. BTW - The creator of this myfxbook is brilliant!

Hi daddypancakes,

thanks for sharing your demo account, I will keep it watching. It is interesting to see that the best performer is the N1 robot in agressive mode. I suppose 24H means that you run the EA whole day, and not just in the Asian session, isnt it?

v1.01n1ee is not the Pro version?

Hi daddypancakes,

thanks for sharing your demo account, I will keep it watching. It is interesting to see that the best performer is the N1 robot in agressive mode. I suppose 24H means that you run the EA whole day, and not just in the Asian session, isnt it?

v1.01n1ee is not the Pro version?

Yes sir, it is the pro version. You are correct, the accounts with "24hr" are running all hours of the day (except default blocked days, such as friday). MB Trading claims to have identical demo/real server feeds, so lets hope for the best!! I agree it is odd the 24 hour aggressive account has done so well. It would be much higher if it ignored 0800-1100 EST!

Such a smart set-up, I'll see if I can replicate it (but with just 2 MT4s, I'm running out of computer power!). It would be good to see how it goes on a range of brokers, MD is probably the most broker sensitive EA I've used. I'll post a myfxbook when its ready.

Currently I've just got set-hours, non-aggressive, news filtered MD set up and it only managed 3 trades for 18 pips last week.

Oh, by the way, no JPY pairs....?

Oh yes, the JPY pairs.. I ditched them. Are others having good luck with them? I kicked them to the curb and never looked back. Plus, the JPY pairs scare me for some reason. They seem unpredictable.

To conserve computing power, I zoom the graphs all the way in, and in options (ctrl+o) under "charts" change both "max bars" settings to the lowest. I've found this made a diff. Plus I kill any flashy operating system settings (make it look like windows 2000).

Well, I'll put the JPY pairs back on.. can't hurt right?

Edited by daddypancakes
pair reconsideration

Thanks for the tips mr Pancakes. :) I have a beast of a laptop, but running 5 mt4s at once really gives it a workout.

Yep, maybe keep the JPYs in just for testing purposes. The problem with them I think is that I've often noticed them react strongly to non-high level (red) news that we're not filtering for. At least we can rule them out for live after a bit of observing.

Okay, all I could manage was one MT4 instance: https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/megadroids/30507

This is for 24 hours, aggressive, news-filtered. Its already going nuts. :P

In post#1 on this thread, http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8174-Naked-charts-with-trendlines-only, syk1kz mentions

"I will be avoiding what is to be considered high impact news and will be flat 30minutes before said news. Medium or low impact will be ignored. For a good economic calendar please use http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/ rather than http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar/ the reason for this is FF often displays news as Tentative while DFX shows the actual time, i also feel FF displays some news as high impact when DFX displays it as low or medium at best. In my experience DFX is more accurate in defining the impact the news will have on the markets."

Guys, what do you think - the dailyfx calendar is more accurate than the forexfactory calendar? Could that be the reason for so many SL?

Hmm, food for thought. Could an equivalent dailyfx calendar indicator be created if there isn't one already?

Found the dailyfx news reader indicator!

But first, here's another post http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8061-News-Reader-Indicator/page2 where expat1967 says in post#11 :

"Trying FCAL currently over various pairs...

Noticed, that the news queue is not accurate/complete as per DailyFX. Thus, be careful and double check.

E.g. High Impact news on JPY is missing. The next news in the queue in FCAL on JPY is in 22hours and medium impact. Per DailyFX the next news on JPY is in 2hours and high impact."

In post#1 he shares the link to the news indicator that reads dailyfx calendar - http://www.multiupload.com/92UJU1GQGM

He noted that it stopped working. I found out that this was due to dailyfx changing the location of the csv calendar file. If you put your mouse pointer on the csv link in http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar, you'll see the new location.

Could we impose on Dinj to put his skills to make the changes to this indicator? I think it's not just the location of the csv file that needs changing. I'm guessing that the format of the csv file could have changed too. Dinj, please, please? Oh dear, pretty please as well since it would need another version of MD N1 to use this indicator.

I was part of the original bunch to test and use the N1 version of this robot. I had about 8 trades today on MD and only 1 hit SL (Live, GO Markets, it was EURJPY which I forgot to turn on the medium filter for -- see my rec's below), so I can't say that the losses some are experiencing are universal. Had I had medium on for the JPY pairs, I would have had no losses at all today. I've since remedied that mistake. ;)

This robot is the safest and most effective. If you take time to read back through this thread you will see guidelines for setting up the N1 news filtering in a manner that is different from default and results in safer trading/better results.

I mean: how many of you are setting it to 600 mins before and 600 mins after, rather than just leaving it at the default? The default that dinj set I think was 300/300 or something like that, and to use those low defaults would increase your likelihood of poor results.

To summarize, the steps you can take to improve your results with N1 are:

(1.) 600/600 - High Impact News for all pairs (*EXCEPT* trade JPY pairs with *BOTH* high and medium impact as 600/600)

(2.) Trade Aggressive for all pairs *EXCEPT*: EURJPY, USDJPY, EURCHF and GBPCHF

(3.) Use the trading times specified earlier in this thread (per theozaki's guidelines)

If you follow those guidelines I am confident that you will not experience significant losses unless your broker is playing games. (Good brokers include Go Markets, FxCBS, Gallant FX, IamFX, and Alpari UK).

Yep, my first day of testing was a bad one :P No particularly damaging news was scheduled, can't really explain why it happened except that its probably a dangerous strategy.

Weird that the non-news version is holding up okay....

Its all going to get killed in about 6 hours though ;)

Edited by noziggity81