NEW Megadroid N1

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday was US bank holiday, AND a Obama speech was announced in the afternoon / evening europe time. Ok, the news filter did not tell you this, but your eyes on the FF calendar would :) Thus, I had my EAs turned off, because the day came with lousy volatility and I have learned to better keep hands off at those times.

Could we possible include a switch in the news filter for banking holidays / white events in FF calendar ? That would be a very nice thing ...

Amazing, but i am not living in US, and i am stupid but, i do not realize, when a news is important or not....someone can improve a news filter in megadroid?, Or tell how may i manage this kind of situation so, i will not fail another time? Could be really appreciate..Thanks

Well, we all learn. I was testing all kinds or EAs on holidays, and my final conclusion follows :

Scalpers need a BIT liquidity / volatility. Not too much, but also not too less. Imagine a boat on the lake. You wouldn't want to run it without any winds, but a thunderstorm also isn't what you want :) so if there is almost no move in the market like yesterday, where should the little waves we need come from ? Thus it goes one way or the other straight, much more tending down the drain.

I turn my EA's off on holidays, especially UK/US ones because they are the FOREX markets that are looked on most. America sneezes, the world goes ill.

I will also switch off on the last friday before xmas, and continue 2-3 weeks after that. Will demo for that time after new year to see when volatility catches up again. Next US holiday to watch before xmas will be thanksgiving, I guess ... but didn't check the calendar this far in advance at the moment.

A switch for that white events in the news filter would be very cool. We always tend to think about the hefty movements, but as said, should not sail when there is no wind at all :)

I am beginning to check out new strategies with higher timeframes H1/H4 to trade in a complete different style than scalping, cause I got fed up of that bumps over the last 3-4 weeks in almost all EAs I am / was running. I need to focus more on the longer waves a pair does, because the short ones are really getting more and more unpredictable. I find it very funny that even If I was told from the beginning, the process of realisation took me a while. Patience is what I had to learn, to see the better outcome at the end.

Edited by xxl205

Today a huge lost with this robots!c eur chf a terrible lost 2 terrible lost.. please share your experience TM5 risk 0.1, spread 3 Eur Chf

The swissy is close to being unpredictable at the moment. EURCHF does what it wants, risk is being transferred out and in, dunno how to trade this one, not even to speak of how to scalp. Have switched it off on KAIN and MegaDroid.

Also, for not only EURCHF but all others ... think of the last two septembers, the one 2008 and last year 2009. Look at the backtests. 2008 was the crash, all gone wild until Nov 2008. Last year it was very bumpy until mid of October, then again in November. Fall is a hefty season ... risks down, eyes mostly closed and hopefully we all make it through :)

Edited by xxl205

Amazing, but i am not living in US, and i am stupid but, i do not realize, when a news is important or not....someone can improve a news filter in megadroid?, Or tell how may i manage this kind of situation so, i will not fail another time? Could be really appreciate..Thanks

You can get MD SL and v101ee_bbr_v11_N1 with news filter I'm not sure of the link but search for it

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, dinj their contributions are impressive, you can tailor-forex volatility indicator

http://www.forex-volatility.com

To work with version:

FOREX MEGADROID PRO XE v1.2

v1.01ee (educated & enhanced)+ bbrain unplugged v11

Version = "1.01ee+bbrv11+fxhB+XE_v1.2";

The idea is to calculate that if there is a high volatility, the robot does not work, similar to filter the news but in this market by adapting to the indicator-forex volatility

I appreciate your contribution, thank you very much in advance.

Hello, dinj their contributions are impressive, you can tailor-forex volatility indicator

http://www.forex-volatility.com

To work with version:

FOREX MEGADROID PRO XE v1.2

v1.01ee (educated & enhanced)+ bbrain unplugged v11

Version = "1.01ee+bbrv11+fxhB+XE_v1.2";

The idea is to calculate that if there is a high volatility, the robot does not work, similar to filter the news but in this market by adapting to the indicator-forex volatility

I appreciate your contribution, thank you very much in advance.

Yep, with this sort of an indicator providing cover, it may be possible to run the ea 24/5 as well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

still using any of the N1 versions? I do with great confidence.

I am using 1.01 for quite a while now, having kicked out EURJPY and set all Newsfilter to skip high and medium news 6hrs plus/minus. Further using aggresive mode as well on the major pairs. Recovery is off. Drives for steady results, though.

Brokers matter! I have it running on three brokers using the same setup. Best results on FXCM even on higher up to double the spreads. Trade entries are accross the same... E.g. there is a 20% profit difference between FXCM and Alpari UK as well the win rate on FXCM is higher due to breakeven trades... What is causing this? Not sure yet... From what I have seen this week Alpari is sending more than double the ticks... So, does the more price changes press on the performance?

Your experience/results?

Cheers

I've noticed this too with the asian scalpers. Like FxOpen having better results than liteforex which has a lot more tick activity.

In fact in one instance eakain took a disastrous trade on liteforex eurusd that it didn't on fxopen.

I have posted this Spreadwatch and TickCounter a few days ago... Quite helpfull to compare this.

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/10000-Spreadwatch-TickCounter

Cheers

Edited by expat1967