NEW Megadroid N1

To be honest, I've experienced a few SL on EURJPY pair over the past months which triggered my decision to stop trading this pair, that aside.. all is well with the new filtering method =)

I was part of the original bunch to test and use the N1 version of this robot. I had about 8 trades today on MD and only 1 hit SL (Live, GO Markets, it was EURJPY which I forgot to turn on the medium filter for -- see my rec's below), so I can't say that the losses some are experiencing are universal. Had I had medium on for the JPY pairs, I would have had no losses at all today.

This robot is the safest and most effective. If you take time to read back through this thread you will see guidelines for setting up the N1 news filtering in a manner that is different from default and results in safer trading/better results.

I mean: how many of you are setting it to 600 mins before and 600 mins after, rather than just leaving it at the default? The default that dinj set I think was 300/300 or something like that, and to use those low defaults would increase your likelihood of poor results.

To summarize, the steps you can take to improve your results with N1 are:

(1.) 600/600 - High Impact News for all pairs (*EXCEPT* trade JPY pairs with *BOTH* high and medium impact as 600/600)

(2.) Trade Aggressive for all pairs *EXCEPT*: EURJPY, USDJPY, EURCHF and GBPCHF

(3.) Use the trading times specified earlier in this thread (per theozaki's guidelines)

If you follow those guidelines I am confident that you will not experience significant losses unless your broker is playing games. (Good brokers include Go Markets, FxCBS, Gallant FX, IamFX, and Alpari UK).

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was part of the original bunch to test and use the N1 version of this robot. I had about 8 trades today on MD and only 1 hit SL (Live, GO Markets, it was EURJPY which I forgot to turn on the medium filter for -- see my rec's below), so I can't say that the losses some are experiencing are universal. Had I had medium on for the JPY pairs, I would have had no losses at all today. I've since remedied that mistake. ;)

This robot is the safest and most effective. If you take time to read back through this thread you will see guidelines for setting up the N1 news filtering in a manner that is different from default and results in safer trading/better results.

I mean: how many of you are setting it to 600 mins before and 600 mins after, rather than just leaving it at the default? The default that dinj set I think was 300/300 or something like that, and to use those low defaults would increase your likelihood of poor results.

To summarize, the steps you can take to improve your results with N1 are:

(1.) 600/600 - High Impact News for all pairs (*EXCEPT* trade JPY pairs with *BOTH* high and medium impact as 600/600)

(2.) Trade Aggressive for all pairs *EXCEPT*: EURJPY, USDJPY, EURCHF and GBPCHF

(3.) Use the trading times specified earlier in this thread (per theozaki's guidelines)

If you follow those guidelines I am confident that you will not experience significant losses unless your broker is playing games. (Good brokers include Go Markets, FxCBS, Gallant FX, IamFX, and Alpari UK).

Thanks Noziggity,

Yes, I'm totally familiar with the correct (and safe) trading method for this EA and I totally agree. I think those of us that were commenting on the recent losses weren't in any way surprised about them, we were just testing out a ridiculously aggressive 24 hour strategy on all 10 pairs which was never really likely to succeed.

Thanks again for all your contribution to this thread. I read the whole thing with interest over about 2 hours while I should have been working.

Thanks so much for the clarification Scott (and the kind words)! I didn't realize that the difference was that you/others were having this multi-SL experience with 24/7 trading vs. theozaki's timeframes. Gotcha now.

BTW -- I agree with rex, eurjpy is nearly a lost cause. Im giving this a last shot with medium 600/600 set as well to see if that helps.

Thanks Noziggity,

Yes, I'm totally familiar with the correct (and safe) trading method for this EA and I totally agree. I think those of us that were commenting on the recent losses weren't in any way surprised about them, we were just testing out a ridiculously aggressive 24 hour strategy on all 10 pairs which was never really likely to succeed.

Thanks again for all your contribution to this thread. I read the whole thing with interest over about 2 hours while I should have been working.

Hi Nozi,

Perhaps, you'd like to give up EURJPY pair and try the CHFJPY (with 121nodll). It has given me some profits this week:

1591832 2010.08.05 23:00 sell 0.40 chfjpy- 82.063 82.508 81.563 2010.08.05 23:19 81.978 -4.00 0.00 0.00 39.64

For everyone's considerations =)

Thanks so much for the clarification Scott (and the kind words)! I didn't realize that the difference was that you/others were having this multi-SL experience with 24/7 trading vs. theozaki's timeframes. Gotcha now.

BTW -- I agree with rex, eurjpy is nearly a lost cause. Im giving this a last shot with medium 600/600 set as well to see if that helps.

That's okay my friend :) Thanks for all the useful info. Do you mind if I ask how long you've been live with N1 for now?

Yes, I ran Theozaki's TFs for only a week before switching to the suicide approach for some reason :P Daddypancakes is running a great fxbook page tracking accounts with all different approaches, so I might switch back to the safe method and just watch the dangerous ones from a distance.

Funnily enough, in that week I only got 5 trades, (all good ones) 4 of which were EURJPY!

If I have one criticism of MD N1, its that it uses up a lot of resources on the VPS (when running all ten charts) for a relatively small amount of trades. If I go live at some point I'll definately have to upgrade the server memory or I'll end up crashing the platform.

Sorry for the delay. I've been running N1 live for awhile now, like since mid June. It works well. Something I noticed is that even when we had the big drawdown last week due to JPY GBPUSD and CAD related pairs, safe-settings megadroid pro N1 was largely unaffected.

daddy -- no, I don't use different risk but I have been considering it. For my account size ($1500) I use 2 mini lots. One strategy might be to use 1 mini lot on EURJPY, USDJPY, and GBPCHF while using 2 mini lots for all others (or similar proportion relevant to your account size -- 50% for those 3 pairs).

That's okay my friend :) Thanks for all the useful info. Do you mind if I ask how long you've been live with N1 for now?

Yes, I ran Theozaki's TFs for only a week before switching to the suicide approach for some reason :P Daddypancakes is running a great fxbook page tracking accounts with all different approaches, so I might switch back to the safe method and just watch the dangerous ones from a distance.

Funnily enough, in that week I only got 5 trades, (all good ones) 4 of which were EURJPY!

If I have one criticism of MD N1, its that it uses up a lot of resources on the VPS (when running all ten charts) for a relatively small amount of trades. If I go live at some point I'll definately have to upgrade the server memory or I'll end up crashing the platform.

Taking the below pair for example, can you check whether this is the correct way for my set file settings.

GPBUSD : Logic 4, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

Version=1.01N1

_1=--- System Parameters ---

Stealth=1

Aggressive=1

NFA=0

S1_Reference=12377773

S2_Reference=12333337

s_1=News Filter

AvoidNews=1

High_Impact=1

MinsUntilNextHighNews=600

MinsSincePrevHighNews=600

Medium_Impact=0

MinsUntilNextMediumNews=90

MinsSincePrevMediumNews=240

Low_Impact=0

MinsUntilNextLowNews=60

MinsSincePrevLowNews=60

ReceiptCode=

_2=--- Time Settings ---

GmtOffset=0.00000000

AutoLocalGmtOffset=1

AutoServerGmtOffset=1

OverrideTradeTimes=1

S1_Start_Hour1=20

S1_End_Hour1=23

S1_Start_Hour2=20

S1_End_Hour2=23

S2_Start_Hour1=20

S2_End_Hour1=23

S2_Start_Hour2=20

S2_End_Hour2=23

_3=--- Comment Position ---

TopPadding=30

LeftPadding=20

TextColor1=10526303

TextColor2=15453831

_4=--- Strategy Parameters ---

Slippage=3

SendEmails=0

_5=--- Order Management ---

LotSize=0.10000000

_6=--- Ratio Order Management ---

RiskLevel=0.00000000

RecoveryMode=1

RiskSharingEnabled=1

_7=--- MaxSpread: -1 auto, 0 default, >0 your limit ---

MaxSpread=-1

_8=--- Logic: 1: EU, 2: EC, 3: EG, 4: UC ---

_88=(Forced: 11: EU, 22: EC, 33: EG, 44: UC)

Logic=4

Order_Comment=N1

Everything looks correct to me. Thats how I have mine set.

Taking the below pair for example, can you check whether this is the correct way for my set file settings.

GPBUSD : Logic 4, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

Version=1.01N1

_1=--- System Parameters ---

Stealth=1

Aggressive=1

NFA=0

S1_Reference=12377773

S2_Reference=12333337

s_1=News Filter

AvoidNews=1

High_Impact=1

MinsUntilNextHighNews=600

MinsSincePrevHighNews=600

Medium_Impact=0

MinsUntilNextMediumNews=90

MinsSincePrevMediumNews=240

Low_Impact=0

MinsUntilNextLowNews=60

MinsSincePrevLowNews=60

ReceiptCode=

_2=--- Time Settings ---

GmtOffset=0.00000000

AutoLocalGmtOffset=1

AutoServerGmtOffset=1

OverrideTradeTimes=1

S1_Start_Hour1=20

S1_End_Hour1=23

S1_Start_Hour2=20

S1_End_Hour2=23

S2_Start_Hour1=20

S2_End_Hour1=23

S2_Start_Hour2=20

S2_End_Hour2=23

_3=--- Comment Position ---

TopPadding=30

LeftPadding=20

TextColor1=10526303

TextColor2=15453831

_4=--- Strategy Parameters ---

Slippage=3

SendEmails=0

_5=--- Order Management ---

LotSize=0.10000000

_6=--- Ratio Order Management ---

RiskLevel=0.00000000

RecoveryMode=1

RiskSharingEnabled=1

_7=--- MaxSpread: -1 auto, 0 default, >0 your limit ---

MaxSpread=-1

_8=--- Logic: 1: EU, 2: EC, 3: EG, 4: UC ---

_88=(Forced: 11: EU, 22: EC, 33: EG, 44: UC)

Logic=4

Order_Comment=N1

Calling noziggity81,may i know how has your Megadroid pro performed this week on Gomarket, most of the scalpers i run on demo like Kain & Primeval had a so so performance. Just want to confirm on your settings, is your Risk sharing turned ON, Agressive ON as well as Recovery mode ON. Thanks in advance . I had a bad SL on the AUDUSD , luckily it is on demo

I've been live with the N1 1.01ee version for 2 days now, and a bunch of 12-14 trades have gone well, no SL hit here. Nearly got a heart attack again whilst sitting at the PC last night, but GBPCHF and GBPUSD recovered their DD's and finally did well. Running it on 8 pairs, skipped the EURJPY and USDJPY. *CHF runs non agressive. Together with Kain and Primeval the nights have given me 25 trades with 3 light loosers. Settings are those from Page 9 of this thread. Edited by xxl205

I've been live with the N1 1.01ee version for 2 days now, and a bunch of 12-14 trades have gone well, no SL hit here. Nearly got a heart attack again whilst sitting at the PC last night, but GBPCHF and GBPUSD recovered their DD's and finally did well. Running it on 8 pairs, skipped the EURJPY and USDJPY. *CHF runs non agressive. Together with Kain and Primeval the nights have given me 25 trades with 3 light loosers. Settings are those from Page 9 of this thread.

can you please share the setting for Kain and Primeval?

These are my current Megadroid Pro N1 (XE 1.2) settings:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_3jAgGdOcEeA/THDhpcChLHI/AAAAAAAAA3k/MLurg_HbTdQ/s800/None.jpg

Hit the "thank you" button if this is helpful! ;)

(P.S. Please note that, for the JPY pairs (USDJPY and EURJPY) listed above, I *ALSO* have, in *ADDITION* to the settings shown above, the Medium Impact news enabled and set to 600/600 for those pairs.)

Edited by noziggity81

I have read the thread and still don't understand what are those high impact news which show up durging the megadroid trading hours which is 20-22 GMT??!!

are you guys referring to the news prior to that period, which may sustain a higher volatility than the ussual going into 20 to 22 trade time window?

Could someone please explain? I can't stop scratching my head

I have read the thread and still don't understand what are those high impact news which show up durging the megadroid trading hours which is 20-22 GMT??!!

are you guys referring to the news prior to that period, which may sustain a higher volatility than the ussual going into 20 to 22 trade time window?

Could someone please explain? I can't stop scratching my head

Yes, the point is not to trade the pair for upto 10 hours before and after the release of a high impact news item which effects the currency pair.

Yes, the point is not to trade the pair for upto 10 hours before and after the release of a high impact news item which effects the currency pair.

Thank you for your reply, is that for both US dollar and European news? Or just the US dollar? Since the megadroid trades on EurUsd as you know.

I know the Megadroid barely ever trades anyways, wouldn't that news set-up decrease the number of trade significantly?

Thanks again

Thank you for your reply, is that for both US dollar and European news? Or just the US dollar? Since the megadroid trades on EurUsd as you know.

I know the Megadroid barely ever trades anyways, wouldn't that news set-up decrease the number of trade significantly?

Thanks again

yes, that is news effecting either of the currencies. But check out noziggity's post above, there are 10 or 11 pairs traded using this strategy, not just eur/usd.

Many thanks! Can i clarify what S2 trading hours did you specifiy for Aggressive pairs? Or you have set S2 trading hours to be the same as S1?

These are my current Megadroid Pro N1 (XE 1.2) settings:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_3jAgGdOcEeA/THDhpcChLHI/AAAAAAAAA3k/MLurg_HbTdQ/s800/None.jpg

Hit the "thank you" button if this is helpful! ;)

(P.S. Please note that, for the JPY pairs (USDJPY and EURJPY) listed above, I *ALSO* have, in *ADDITION* to the settings shown above, the Medium Impact news enabled and set to 600/600 for those pairs.)