NEW Megadroid N1

Where is theozaki? He is the expert on the news filtering method, I think he would be most able to assist in creating some set files for this modded megadroid that dinj was so kind to work on. I think i speak for everyone here (that matters, anyway) in saying that we are extremely grateful to you for the work you've done.

P.S. There is a version 1.2 XE that I think the individual in the previous post was refering to. It is available on the board somewhere, and it allows the Droid Tactics method because it has flexible GMT. I wish I could find a copy to upload, but im not very good at doing that. I can try to PM it to you though, unless someone else can post a link to the Megadroid Pro XE 1.2 so dinj can mod that one as well. (?)

P.S.S. The post above mine (by chimera123) re: the 10 hour before/after setting is really important, I want to second his question... since that is the method theozaki advocates. Is what chimera123 suggested correct, dinj, for the settings of the mod?

That's correct. 600 minutes before and after should do it for 10 hours safety. I think theozaki was refering to high impact news. I also would like to know if he has some good settings for medium and low impact news.

About other versions of megadroid to mod, it should be pretty much the same process as the code is very similiar. If someone wanna post those versions here, I can mod them, no problem.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I had read somewhere that Theozaki wouldn't trade pairs with 2 medium impact news (after announcements), I have turned the dinj's medium impact filter last week and everything seems well.

There are 2 major news on the US pairs this week and I'd apply the same.. I shall update when I have the results =)

Hello dinj,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L9IY4JUJ

Here you can find "bbr_v11" and "XE 1.2" version, as you mentioned would be great if you can mod the as well :-)

A question regarding the "FFCAL" indicator, it is not required to attach this onto the chart in order to run it properly with the EA,right?

Regarding the setting from theozaki, according to his posts he just cares about high impact news, 10hours before and afterwards. Would be great if he can provide more on this.

Chimera

Guest FinalNotice
Well, if you had made a megadroid version with a news filter already some time ago, it's too bad you didn't share it here before, as all of us would have appreciate it.

But again, it seems you just created an account here just to say that megadroid with news filter is not worth it. Well, it's not for me to judge, but I'll give it a try for some time and if it's not worth it like you said, then i will run it like normal that has been pretty nice to me. Regards

The idea of having a news filter in an EA had been around even before Derk Wehler released this news filter in early 2007. Patching an EA with a news filter is an old, common idea that requires only basic skills which this forum is more than capable of since it's members majority are experienced programmers and traders. If anyone were to patch & post every EA created since 2007 with a news filter would mean spam to this forum. And I would, only if the EA proves a significant better performance with it or if someone request.

A better post would be a topic of how to add a news filter in an EA instead of spoon feeding never ending requests or something that is not proven to work better.

Being a member of this forum just to comment on 'your' Megadroid is insane. I believe criticism and suggestion is welcome here and should be dealt professionally as a member instead of focusing the number of post made.

Hello dinj,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L9IY4JUJ

Here you can find "bbr_v11" and "XE 1.2" version, as you mentioned would be great if you can mod the as well :-)

A question regarding the "FFCAL" indicator, it is not required to attach this onto the chart in order to run it properly with the EA,right?

Regarding the setting from theozaki, according to his posts he just cares about high impact news, 10hours before and afterwards. Would be great if he can provide more on this.

Chimera

Wow, there's like 5 versions of Megadroid already.

Here's bbr_v11_N1:

http://www.multiupload.com/CY8CDITJQB

and XE 1.2 N1

http://www.multiupload.com/ZVN1AGSLV0

No, you don't need to attach it to the chart. The EA pulls the information out of the indicator without putting it on the chart.

It might be a good mix, droid tactics and newsfilter, as there might be more news arount droid tactics times. Gotta try it

Your an idiot FinalNotice. You didn't even read dinj's first post re: the fact that he chose Megadroid because it was a cut above other EA's. He WAS selective. And to judge him as an "enabler" of feeding fish rather than teaching to fish is stupid. This forum, posts by me included, are filled with INSTRUCTIVE as well as ENABLING content, and both are important to the lifeblood of this site. You come across as a negative person who would rather spend many paragraphs criticizing for the sake of criticizing rather than actually putting your money where your mouth is -- I mean, ok -- then teach us how to add a news filter. Don't complain that some other kind person gave us a mod for it. So far, your contributions have been nothing other than negative and useless banter that is no more helpful, on any level, than spam. Why don't you change that and stop criticizing other's good contributions and C-O-N-T-R-I-B-U-T-E something yourself.

I, in fact, have never contributed a physical mod, as I am not a programmer, but I have provided instructive information on trading methods in other posts. Both my contributions and dinj's are important, and your comments don't serve to further the conversation of finding profitable trading tools and methods.

Guest FinalNotice
Your an idiot FinalNotice. You didn't even read dinj's first post re: the fact that he chose Megadroid because it was a cut above other EA's. He WAS selective. And to judge him as an "enabler" of feeding fish rather than teaching to fish is stupid. This forum, posts by me included, are filled with INSTRUCTIVE as well as ENABLING content, and both are important to the lifeblood of this site. You come across as a negative person who would rather spend many paragraphs criticizing for the sake of criticizing rather than actually putting your money where your mouth is -- I mean, ok -- then teach us how to add a news filter. Don't complain that some other kind person gave us a mod for it. So far, your contributions have been nothing other than negative and useless banter that is no more helpful, on any level, than spam. Why don't you change that and stop criticizing other's good contributions and C-O-N-T-R-I-B-U-T-E something yourself.

I, in fact, have never contributed a physical mod, as I am not a programmer, but I have provided instructive information on trading methods in other posts. Both my contributions and dinj's are important, and your comments don't serve to further the conversation of finding profitable trading tools and methods.

"Megadroid, a cut above the rest..." Did you get that by testing among 10 EAs when there are thousands out there? FYI, it's still struggling low in Forex Peace Army test.

My comments are obvious informative contribution that is supported by logical explanation. If you can't deal with it & act like a 12 yr old failure calling names, then that's pathetic. I did a check on all your post and it seems that you leech or beg more than what you so-called contribution. I'm off this topic, good luck, big boy!

Hi FinalNotice

Carefull drawing conclusions from forexpeacearmy results. I use their forward tests a lot for my own benefit, but their risk settings are not very reliable.

They might be risking 30-50% on a robot and 5-10% on another one.

Megadroid on their tests has a pretty nice curve and not only is it trading too small of lotsize compared with other robots, but also it's trading to small for its drawdown.

I suppose you know better, safer and more profitable EAs. Would you mind posting which robots you think are worth it for you? It would be very appreciated in that case what your opinion is.

Any chance of getting N1 mods for those 2 megadroid versions posted by chimera123 a few posts back, dinj?

Would be MUCH appreciated!!! :)

P.S. The other already-mod'd megadroid is performing fantastically -- 10 pairs traded, using theozaki's trading rules of 10/10 hours before/after and the trading times he's posted in a different thread, with this N1 mod... it opened 7 trades and closed 7 trades today for 100% win and over $45.00 profit (trading 1 mini lot). It refrained from opening trades on 3 of the 10 pairs due to the news filtering. Fantastic!!! If you can mod the 1.2 XE version, it lets you set breakeven and other useful settings that the currently-modded versions dont let you do.

P.S.S. And it keeps on going and going... 8 trades, 8 wins, over $60 profit today. Amazing. Lets hope this is consistent rather than a fluke. Given the robot's overall reputation, and theozaki's results, im inclined to think this is the real deal.

Edited by noziggity81
Update - P.S.S.

Cool that it has being going nice for you. And 10 pairs? I guess i gotta test those pairs. I'm only on eurusd and usdchf.

I posted those versions here more than a day ago but it might have not been approved by a moderator. I will send them again right away.

P.S. The other already-mod'd megadroid is performing fantastically -- 10 pairs traded, using theozaki's trading rules of 10/10 hours before/after and the trading times he's posted in a different thread, with this N1 mod... it opened 7 trades and closed 7 trades today for 100% win and over $45.00 profit (trading 1 mini lot). It refrained from opening trades on 3 of the 10 pairs due to the news filtering. Fantastic!!! If you can mod the 1.2 XE version, it lets you set breakeven and other useful settings that the currently-modded versions dont let you do.

P.S.S. And it keeps on going and going... 8 trades, 8 wins, over $60 profit today. Amazing. Lets hope this is consistent rather than a fluke. Given the robot's overall reputation, and theozaki's results, im inclined to think this is the real deal.

Hi, could you tell me what broker you are using ? Also do you have a set file, or know where to get one to achieve similar results ?

Thanks

I will go ahead and try to make some set files for the 1.01ee version for the 10 pairs I use with theozaki-method news filtering settings applied. It will take a few days.

Thank you, looking forward to it, however I am still curious about your broker or brokers that you would recommend.

Thank you, looking forward to it, however I am still curious about your broker or brokers that you would recommend.

Hands down, without a doubt, GO Markets. Despite my few gripes with them, they are the best broker ive come across. FXCM was a debacle. At least GO Markets doesnt try to steal my money.

P.S. This is my update re: the N1 performance for Monday and Tuesday trading sessions: as the asian session is now closed for today with no more open trades, I can say that the N1 mod, across 2 full days of trading, has opened and closed 13 trades with 100% win rate and a little over $100 total profit (1 mini lot) so far.

P.S.S. This is my list of reputable EA's that I feel would benefit tremendously from this news filter mod. If you have the time and inclination, dinj, these might be good candidates to consider. I'm just thrilled you mod'd megadroid, so these, to me, are nice-to-have's not need-to-have's.

I have had at least some, if not alot, of direct live trading experience with each of the robots listed and feel that the main problem of the robot is, in fact, the lack of this kind of news filtering. They are as follows, in order of importance (in my view):

1.) Forex Shocker v2

2.) CaliberFX EURUSD 2010 v3.3

3.) FAPTurbo v50

4.) A.I. Forex Robot

5.) Primeval-EA

Edited by noziggity81
Added P.S.S.

Thanks in advance noziggity!

I was about to ask if someone could post set files, because some of these settings are a bit confusing. Is there a guide somewhere? I've been a lurker here for a while, and I am just amazed at the amount of sharing and contributions you all give. Hopefully once I am competent enough, I can give back!!

P.S.S. This is my list of reputable EA's that I feel would benefit tremendously from this news filter mod. If you have the time and inclination, dinj, these might be good candidates to consider. I'm just thrilled you mod'd megadroid, so these, to me, are nice-to-have's not need-to-have's.

I have had at least some, if not alot, of direct live trading experience with each of the robots listed and feel that the main problem of the robot is, in fact, the lack of this kind of news filtering. They are as follows, in order of importance (in my view):

1.) Forex Shocker v2

2.) CaliberFX EURUSD 2010 v3.3

3.) FAPTurbo v50

4.) A.I. Forex Robot

5.) Primeval-EA

Well, it's nice having someone sharing live experience and recommendation. With so much garbage we need a lot of this.

I was actually thinking, noziggity, about one of this days going news on Shocker. I'm live-ing it also and it's being alright for some weeks. I was just wondering,are you using it on Gomarkets? I have tried it in 4 different decent brokers, demo and live, for weeks, and the only one i get trades on is JadeFX. It's pretty weird and it's not the settings that are wrong. I'm using the v2. Perhaps if you could send me the version you're using, just to be sure. Also, I can't backtest version 2, I don't know if you have the same problems.

About the other ones, I guess i might try fapturbo one day, but from what i have experienced, that ea gives me a heart attack almost every single day. There's always a trade entering in big drawdown. I'm really afraid of fapturbo. The same with primeval. For some reason, primeval seems to consume more resources than usual, but other than that, i also get sometimes long trades that get into my nerves and i'm only trading 2 pairs. Same with Kain.

CaliberFX and A.I. forex robot I think they have potencial and i'm actualy using caliber. The thing is, I'm not sure how they work, i think they are trend, breakout or something that kind. I haven't looked carefully, but i'm not sure if the news actually help them instead of causing losses.

I'm about to post a Forex Shocker with news and extra features.

But before that, has anyone found any troubles with this versions of megadroid, any bugs, anything?

I have experienced in certain situations extra resourses being used, but only sometimes, and I have no idea why.

If anyone has anything to post, go ahead, before i mod a buggy version.

EDIT:Actually, I just noticed that the extra resourses also happens with the original version. It might have something to do with large history files.

Edited by dinj

I also have been watching this website for a little while, and I have found that the log files on a computer system can really hog the resources. I have a little program that runs a batch file that searches out the hard drive and deletes all log file entries generated both in Metatrader as well as the whole hard drive. I will upload it in anybody wants it. Can anyone tell me which site is best to use? I have never uploaded anything before.

Thanks

I also have been watching this website for a little while, and I have found that the log files on a computer system can really hog the resources. I have a little program that runs a batch file that searches out the hard drive and deletes all log file entries generated both in Metatrader as well as the whole hard drive. I will upload it in anybody wants it. Can anyone tell me which site is best to use? I have never uploaded anything before.

Thanks

I figured it out...here is a download link: http://www.4shared.com/file/7aBiUP8w/Deletelogfiles.html

(A.) Megadroid Pro N1 - Live Performance Update: Today, the close of 3 full trading days, there have been more than 20 trades, and all 20 trades have closed in profit, with a 21st trade still open that was a close call but appears it will likely close at break-even or a very small profit. Remarkable!

(B.) Megadroid Pro N1 - Set Files: I will create and post set files (or email them to dinj to post in a link) over the weekend after this upcoming one. The reason for the delay is that I will be posting 11 set files, and only for Megadroid Pro N1 XE 1.2; this week I have been testing my set files for 1.01ee, and next week I will be running a forward test on set files for XE 1.2; I need to forward test those set files before I post them here. I will probably not post set files for 1.01ee as it is a less robust and older version (although performing remarkably well this week, as my updates have shown).

My added contribution to the 10 pairs traded by theozaki will be an 11th pair of EURUSD trading +5, as well as all pairs (for 1.2 XE) trading 1/8 breakeven (at 8 pips profit, move to 1 pip breakeven).

(C.) Question re: EURUSD Not Trading: Yes, if you have 10-11 currency pairs trading with the N1 Pro, then there will usually almost always be one or more OTHER pairs trading on days when dinj's news filter mod keeps other pairs from trading. EURUSD has had some high impact news this week and thus has not traded as much. There is rarely high impact news for all pairs on a given day. Be sure, however, that you are using Manual GMT, not auto, I believe (on 1.01ee) that this is necessary. Not certain yet about 1.2 XE, but better to set it manually to be safer than sorry.

(D.) Shocker: Definitely a good one to mod, dinj! One thing to check in MT4 is options -> history bars and chart bars -- set both to 5000, and you should see resource usage come under control. This was an expert tip provided awhile ago directly to me by ForexVPS tech support by their in-house MT4 expert. 5000 bars is MORE than enough for any imaginable scenario for both of those settings, but the defaults apparently are WAY too high, and result in excessive RAM/resource usage.

P.S. N1 Pro Ideas: Two more ideas I am contemplating, but will probably not test, are: (a.) the impact of using the XE 1.2 forced close option to force close all trades at 8:00 GMT, the European Session open, and (b.) something that would need to be added (dinj or someone else?) a "one trade" option that would make a trade sleep X minutes (e.g. 1440, 720, etc.) after a trade. This could be useful, because often Megadroid will open its most successful trades first, and then as it re-attempts to milk a currency later on in the session, it brings itself into a riskier situation. While my testing over these past few days has not shown a loss as a result of this, I feel that an option to "one trade" like the recent Caliber FX 3.3 mod has, would be useful to reduce risk, even if some profitability was also reduced.

Edited by noziggity81

Hi all, It's great to see that my contribution in this forum has been taken to heart. Thanks to dinj for his contribution in making a truly great scalping Ea even better via automated news filtering method.

The news filter doesn't make Megadroid bullet proof but it definitely does enhance its overall profitability and reliability !

I have been trading Megadroid Pro V1.01ee for the past three months via manual news filter method which i have described in detail in the Megadroid Pro forum. I have averaged a profit percentage of around 85% using the news filter manually with a drawdown of around 5 to 7%.

I am happy to see it finally incorporated within the EA itself. I'm a conservative trader by nature and i would exercise caution with adopting using the aggressive mode on as Dinj has suggested. You only have to read through the Megadroid Pro thread of other traders Live experiences with the Aggressive mode turned on. Not a positive experience but perhaps the news filter method trading has made MP more reliable using the S2 strategy.

Personally i believe that we are trading enough pairs to not be aggressive and trading accuracy , profitability and reliability long term is more important to me than making fast dollars with increased risk.

Beware also that Backtest results only SIMULATE live trading conditions. They are not identical. Increased spreads and greater slippage are always the norm between Live and Backtest or Demo results.

Happy trading to All !