NEW Megadroid N1

Hello

I have backtested MPPro1.01 ee and MD 1.21_bbr121-1 on many pairs

MD1.21 uses M1 & M15 whilst MDPro M5 & M15

I find MD1.21 gives better results

Try for yourself Both versions have News filter on the forum but both are coded so as to not back test with the news filter

Can someone recode these Ea to back test with the filter then We know which is the better version

Thanks

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the answer dinj but I don't see in settings those parameters? Only GMT offset is there. Tell me which robot can trade successfully in ranging market? It is a million dollar answer. If we attach an ADX to the chart we can manipulate the entries manually like check the box ask before trade. AI made me some income. It easily make 350 pips in trending market. The problem is you have to close it manually because it never close trade when optimal time for it. It breaks even and mostly ends with 0.0 profit it not closed manually!

Do you have a different version of AI robot?

Hermes

That's weird. I just downloaded it from the link i posted and tested it. It the END, after the news filter, there are 3 variables: AllowTimedCloseAll, GMT_offset and HourToCloseAll. Are you not seeing those on yours? Check that it's the same you downloaded, and change its name to something you can distinguish. If they don't appear, then it's pretty odd.

About ranging EA's, I wish i knew them. Scalpers in a way are ranging eas, some martingale also, even though they blow accounts. It's hard to say.

Hello

I have backtested MPPro1.01 ee and MD 1.21_bbr121-1 on many pairs

MD1.21 uses M1 & M15 whilst MDPro M5 & M15

I find MD1.21 gives better results

Try for yourself Both versions have News filter on the forum but both are coded so as to not back test with the news filter

Can someone recode these Ea to back test with the filter then We know which is the better version

Thanks

I coded them to not backtest with the filter because i thought it would take ages backtesting with in on, but i didn't actually try it.

If you want to backtest with news, all you have to do is this:

Open the EA on MetaEditor. (it should be just double clicking on the .mq4 file), i think, or else right click on it and click modify, on the broker.

Then Ctrl+F or Edit/Find to look for the following line:

if(AvoidNews && !IsTesting())

Basically this is saying that the news avoidance only work if you have AvoidNews as true and if you're not backtesting. All you have to do is delete that last part, becoming:

if(AvoidNews)

Then press F5 or File/Compile.

Restart your metatrader and voila.

I guess to test with the news, you have to have them. I'm not sure where you download old news from weeks/months back.

Hi dinj, here are the 2 versions. Check them and if you have different better version, please pass it to me. Thanks hermes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FEN2JMZX

I don't agree with backtestings as legitimate results! Only forwards live or demo testings are legitimate. Just wasting time. The market change every day. Backtestings are rigid with lot of false but promising results for the sellers.

That's why you can count successful robots on fingers of one hand.

Edited by hermes
add thoughts

Hi dinj,

first of all, great work! I'm a programmer too and I really liked you news filter. Did you code FFCal too? About backtesting with the news filter, how can this work? I mean, the xml file download does not contain only the news of the current day? Just curious, haven't tried it yet...

No trade for me either this week yet... Have you guy tried the advanced Droid Techniques? If so, does it work with the avoid news settings since these technique are basically just changing the GMTOffset... I guess the time before and after news would have to be increased to cover the news period on each of the 4 different charts...

Talking about those timing, what settings worked best for you on high impact and medium impact news?

Thanks again,

John

Hi John

I didn't code ffcal, i don't think i could do it either. It was a bunch of guys at forexfactory who made it and kept inproving it.

You can backtest it if you do what it says on post #79

The problem is, the mod retreives the news info from ffcal, which it its case downloads them every 6 hours to a xml file. As I don't know where you can download the file with old news so you could backtest them, it's hard to backtest it for past periods.

To use it with droid tactics, just use it like normal, what matters is how much it misses until and that has passed the next or previous news.

OMG!!! JohnSmith... Your the man! Thank you for clarifying re: non-trading during last days of month... I forgot about that. That is the problem why it isnt trading... very astute observation. Thanks! (P.S. XE 1.2 can have that setting disabled so it does, indeed, trade the last few days of month but im currently sticking with 1.01ee due to last weeks extraordinary results -- glad some light has been shed on why this week its been a sleeper, lol) :)

P.S. For everyone still wondering what the best settings are, here are Theozaki's primary news filtering HIGH IMPACT NEWS settings for 10 pairs, copied from the Megadroid Pro thread -- so that means... set N1 to 600/600 for the high impact minutes before/after (thats the 10 hours before/after buffer, per theozaki's philosophy) and use the pairs/settings below (open an 11th pair for EURUSD and set it to GMT 2 - 4 for +5 Droid Tactics if you want to add that as well):

USDJPY : Logic 4 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GPBUSD : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURJPY : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GBPCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCAD : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURCHF : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURGBP : Logic 3 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURUSD : Logic 1 GMT 20 to GMT 23

AUDUSD : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 21

Note that I've disabled medium and low filtering in the settings since they don't jive with Theozaki's method. I just use the high impact news, the above settings for the pairs, and 600/600 for the minutes before/after high impact news to filter. Be sure to properly set your GMT offset (manual, not auto) as well. Cheers. ;)

P.S.S. For those wondering what settings I was using to get last weeks great results -- its the ones I posted in this reply above. ;)

Edited by noziggity81
Added P.S.S.

Does the time period used make a difference? If so, what's everybody using? I thought H1 was the one recommended by the MD creators.

Also, should S1 reference be different on each chart?

Thanks everybody!

Developers suggest that changing the values regularly is recommended. I would consider this may be a consideration but not necessarily mandatory. Guess it requires little effort and having a different value for each chart is added security

Hi!

noziggity81, that means you are using version 1.21 since version 1.01ee only works on EURCHF EURGBP USDCHF and EURUSD? If I got it right, you set up 1 charts for each pair that you mentioned and then set the GMT offset on each one according to the settings mentionned and then set the HighImpact news settings to 600/600... seems different from advance droid tactics no?

Thanks for helping out!

John

Hi!

noziggity81, that means you are using version 1.21 since version 1.01ee only works on EURCHF EURGBP USDCHF and EURUSD? If I got it right, you set up 1 charts for each pair that you mentioned and then set the GMT offset on each one according to the settings mentionned and then set the HighImpact news settings to 600/600... seems different from advance droid tactics no?

Thanks for helping out!

John

(a.) 1.01ee N1, as posted earlier in this thread and modified by dinj, has 4 logics that are not locked to those currency pairs; Theozaki has used some of those same logics on other pairs that correlate (as can be seen in the table). So logic 4 is used for more than one pair, logic 1 is used for more than one pair (again, see table for specifics).

(b.) GMT offset is always one value based on your broker's offset from GMT. Go Markets is 2, for example. FXPro is 3. You can do a google search of your broker's name and gmt offset to usually find your particular broker's offset pretty quickly. Thats the value you should always use for offsets with any EA, with that broker.

(c.) The high impact news of 600/600 pertains the the main reason this mod (N1) was made (although not the only reason) -- it was inspired, as I understand it, from Theozaki's news filtering methods in the Megadroid Pro forum. My addition of an 11th pair (EURUSD at 2 to 4 GMT trading, logic 1) was just an addition to the table for those that might want to also trade the latest droid tactics principles for the +5... it is separate and unrelated to the main news filtering premise of 600/600. If that is confusing to you... my suggestion is that you disregard the droid tactics bit and focus on the 600/600 as that is the main principle to be taken away from this.

With all that said, please find a modified table below that incorporates my suggestions. Maybe this will clear things up:

For All Pairs: Manually Set GMT Offset Per Your Broker, Disable Medium & Low Impact News Filter.

USDJPY : Logic 4, GMT 19 to GMT 22, High Impact News: 600/600

GPBUSD : Logic 4, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

EURJPY : Logic 1, GMT 19 to GMT 22, High Impact News: 600/600

GBPCHF : Logic 4, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

USDCAD : Logic 2, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

EURCHF : Logic 2, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

EURGBP : Logic 3, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

USDCHF : Logic 4, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

EURUSD : Logic 1, GMT 20 to GMT 23, High Impact News: 600/600

EURUSD : Logic 1, GMT 2 to GMT 4, High Impact News: 600/600

AUDUSD : Logic 1, GMT 19 to GMT 21, High Impact News: 600/600

P.S. JohnSmith, you may need to go back over this thread and the Megadroid Pro thread to better understand some things, as I sense from some of the questions you've asked that you either may not have read carefully enough all of the developments pertaining to N1 or that you may be confused about some of the fundamentals that bring us to this point in the Megadroid N1 "conversation" -- it is helpful if you brush up on past threads so that we don't get too far off topic going back over things already covered (e.g., its already been addressed that the other logics can be used for more than just the 4 original pairs, and GMT offset is a basic principle that should be understood before you begin using any EA). This particular thread has not gotten so unwieldy that reading/skimming back isn't feasible. ;)

P.S.S. If my post(s) are helpful, show some thanks!!! :P

Edited by noziggity81

Hi,

I understand really well the principle of GMT offset... Sorry you thought I was an idiot ;) Oh well, maybe I am, who knows! And you're right, version 1.01ee can be used on any pair using the force settings (11, 22, 33, 44). My only question was do you have 48 charts open (12 x 4 charts for each pairs with different GMT offsets)?

Thanks again for the settings and good luck with your trading!

Stupid John ;)

Hi,

I understand really well the principle of GMT offset... Sorry you thought I was an idiot ;) Oh well, maybe I am, who knows! And you're right, version 1.01ee can be used on any pair using the force settings (11, 22, 33, 44). My only question was do you have 48 charts open (12 x 4 charts for each pairs with different GMT offsets)?

Thanks again for the settings and good luck with your trading!

Stupid John ;)

Stupid John -- I never called you an idiot, or even implied it. I just said that some of the questions you asked could bring us a bit off topic. Every contribution and question on this forum is valid and welcome. I am sorry if what I said came across offensive to you, that was not my intention.

I only use the +5 ADT offset for EURUSD (hence, an 11th pair) I do not use ADT on non-ADT tested pairs (so, only EURUSD). 2 to 4 GMT works out to be the same as +5 -- I do not use the -2, +4, and +6 (the newer ADT specifications are for -2 and +5).

I guess ADT and how it relates to N1 is a valid topic within this thread afterall. I think I opened this can of worms anyway, so I shouldn't be scolding you for interpreting or asking questions about it, lol.

If you refer to my modified chart above of 11 pairs (10 Theozaki + 1 mine), you will see how I handled incorporating the ADT strategy into my overall megadroid trading portfolio: only 1 additional pair, EURUSD, offset manually +5 by setting the start/end times to 2 to 4 GMT.

Hope that helps! ;)

P.S. You bring up a question that I have now... perhaps dinj can clarify... how does the forced setting (e.g, 11, 22, etc.) work? I have been using the regular setting only, even for non-standard pairs. What does the forced setting do differently, or how is it supposed to be used?

Edited by noziggity81
Added P.S.

Thanks noziggity81 for your settings

Just one question aggressive to be on/off

Happy Pips

@vikram: I'd strongly suggest aggressive to be off!!! Mine are off.

@gctex: set GMT to 0, turn the auto gmt's off. Otherwise, same values as in the table.

Guys, if you find it helpful, please hit thanks, and also share your results please. Thank you. :)

P.S. You bring up a question that I have now... perhaps dinj can clarify... how does the forced setting (e.g, 11, 22, etc.) work? I have been using the regular setting only, even for non-standard pairs. What does the forced setting do differently, or how is it supposed to be used?

You actually made me curious also. I just took a look at it.

It's not quite like Shocker. On Shocker you choose the logic and you're done.

On the original megadroid pro, as i just saw, you also choose the logic, but...

It only used that logic if you put it on a pair that is not one of the originals. In other words: On the original, if you choose Logic=2 on EURUSD, it uses logic=1 anyway. It only uses logic=2 if it's not one of the original 4 pairs.

On the ee version you can now use a different logic (2,3 or 4)(meaning 22, 33, 44) on EURUSD, as well as in any pair.

I hope this explained well.

Well might open up a can of worms... because all of my results from last week (and 3 more wins this week added to the tally) have been with single-digit logics.

Wait a second... ok, your explanation, after reading it a few times, finally makes sense! No changes needed... It would seem to me that, because all of the 4 core logics are correctly assigned in my modified table from theozaki posted earlier, and that all of the 6 others are not core logics that would necessitate a double digit to use a given logic anyway, that the table doesn't require any modification to work as intended.

Thank you for explaining that, btw. It wasn't an easy thing to put into clear-cut words as it is, but you managed to put out a good explanation that clarified things. As usual!! :)

You actually made me curious also. I just took a look at it.

It's not quite like Shocker. On Shocker you choose the logic and you're done.

On the original megadroid pro, as i just saw, you also choose the logic, but...

It only used that logic if you put it on a pair that is not one of the originals. In other words: On the original, if you choose Logic=2 on EURUSD, it uses logic=1 anyway. It only uses logic=2 if it's not one of the original 4 pairs.

On the ee version you can now use a different logic (2,3 or 4)(meaning 22, 33, 44) on EURUSD, as well as in any pair.

I hope this explained well.