Top Posters In This Topic

thanks ,

and one more question

for gmt+2 whats your setting for breakout indicator

period a begin=?

period a end=?

proiod b end=?

MY Question:

1-you set 9 GMT for" period a end" or "period b end"??

2-whats your setting for begin period??

You are welcome

period a begin=03:00

period a end= 10:00

proiod b end= 16:00

Thats with Broker Time gmt + 1

You need to set: Brokertime gmt + 2

period a begin=04:00

period a end= 11:00

proiod b end= 17:00

But you really don`t need the breakout box, you have to trade the breakout of Support and Resistent. And thats it. The box is only for secure that you don`t trade in an less voilatile time and that you don`t trade an false breakout.

Hope it helps :)

this is a very tricky system to evaluate on the face of it although it surely is martingale because you increase your lots after a loss and reduce your lots after a win ...its still not conventional martingale because in conventional or how you say "normal" way of martingale trading you increase your lots in the same direction so when the market trends without retrace you will go on adding lots till you reach a margin call. This is known as the "death trade" because it just takes one trade to wipe you out. The death trade is an inevitability which is the same as saying trading martingale will guaratee you blow ur account, maybe not today ot tomorrow or next week or next month but it will happen and if you didnt withdraw a large chunk of your profits regularly you'r basically scewed.

But in this system all though its martingale mm if the market trends strongly you actually win instead of lose. but if the market chops up and down you could go on opeing many positions and reach the same eventuality as the death trade. therefore its absolutely critical to only trade pairs which trend strongly like GJ or the EJ avoid choppy pairs like the EG or UJ. Second thing i personally feel is you should choose a s/r which is small say around 30 pips this is because its unlikely that a strongly trending pair will chop up and down many times in a small range. If the range is large say 70-80 pips then its possible even a strongly trending pair will chop up and down many times in those 80 pips which will cause you to keep doubling up and go into margin call. I cant understand why the author says the range should be large and less than 30 pip is too small i think its better to trade small ranges in strong trending pairs.

is anyone able to understand why the author says not to use small ranges? It would be great if you could please explain as I cant understand.

at this time I personally really cant reach any conclusion on the system because i cant really understand it as there appear to be three ways to position size. the first two are clearly martingale and the third one i cant understand. I emailed the blogger asking whether it was martingale and he said "no its not" but I'm unable to understand how its not.

hopefully other members who thoroughly understand it can xpress their valuable opinion.

"hermanhess" i think why no trade smaller ranges is because in smaller ranger the price could bounce back (up and down) for several times that lets you open several trades.

Also I think this is martingale system... aso long as you have to double position it is martingale for me...

This is the strategy used in Pipforia (now HGM). I took the class a few years ago and this is from my failing memory.

The primary range back was a minimum of 50 pips and setting additional trades every 20 pips. Anything smaller quickly ran up the draw down from the zig-zagging of price fluctuations. You also doubled the lot sizes as you got farther away from the entry. The goal was to make $30 and then start all over again. Due to the Martingale aspect you needed $5,000 for 0.01 lots. After playing with it for several months, I could never understand why one would be willing to go into a $3,000 drawdown (60%!) just to gain $30. This type of trade management takes extreme discipline and carries very high risk. I couldn't trade it live as I can't maintain the mental discipline to hang in there when I'm down $3,000 while only trying to make $30. Some people did well but every EA that they ever wrote blew accounts.

this is a very tricky system to evaluate...hopefully other members who thoroughly understand it can xpress their valuable opinion.

thank you, hermanless, for your thoughts on the system. I agree with both you and the author regarding the subject of martingale. On one hand the system requires that you double up the opposite positions to make up for losses. By that very nature it is a martingale. On the other hand, it has stop loss in place and it increases lot size as you're winning (based on the shadow trend strategy). Hence, giving us positive expectation in game theory. There's a thread on FF where they've spent a considerable amount of time studying and discussing this (almost identical) idea. You can search for "100% Win Math Grid Ea" and see for yourself.

Also i agree with Mograst about the range selection. Every currency pair has their own average "wiggle" movement (ie. ATR). For EJ and GJ they may move 25-35 pips "just for fun"...and not go anywhere most of the time. It's like a big truck moving around in a garage. So when that occurs, you'll end up losing often and having to double up other positions too quickly. Then counter-intuitively, when EJ and GJ moves 50-60 pips, it can be said that they've finally made up their mind. Just like the big truck finally got out of the garage and decide to move out of the driveway. Hence, there's a higher probability of EJ and GJ moving more than 100 pips, only after it's moved 50-60 pips first. :-)

At the end of the day, this strategy can win big but also comes with huge drawdowns. It is possible to lose more than 5 progressions consecutively and deplete your account if you don't trade small lots. That is why it's important to trade this system manually. So that one can cut loses and stay out of trouble, better than any EA can do.

Edited by radicaltour

What period did you set in SFEC Dot1 indicator? 12 or other.

I still not clear about his strategy.

Buy or sell on breakout support and resistance.

What support and resistance? The box or line dot

Stock,

I use the Support and Resistance line dot... i place BUY PO above the high resistance line dot and SELL PO below the low support line dot..

In his german blog he wrotes that his 5000 account has gained 111205,83€ and he goes this week to the notary and shows the statement. He is going to open a new account with 500€ and trys to increase it to 1million € till the end of july.

We will look if he gets a margin call or not :-)

I was tempted to test out either the 2nd or the 3rd method, but then I found out my broker does not allow hedging. (Yes, I never had to open simultaneously an active long and an active short trade at the same time.) When I tried that, my broker (Oanda) simply cancels out the previous but opposite active trade. I can have multiple trades active, but they have to be in the same direction, not in opposing direction. Sigh!

Although I think there is potential here, but at this point I will have to pass up pursuing this, because I am not willing to change broker at this point just to try out these methods. Good luck to our forum friends here who will pursue this. I will follow your progress here.

In his german blog he wrotes that his 5000 account has gained 111205,83€ and he goes this week to the notary and shows the statement. He is going to open a new account with 500€ and trys to increase it to 1million € till the end of july.

We will look if he gets a margin call or not :-)

from the trades in his german blog can you tell us which type of mm he is using

1)the first one where he places single orders and doubles up upto 4 times

2)second one the shadow trend system where he place 3 consecutive orders at interval of 10 pips and goes on doubling up

3)the third one in the manual which i myself cant understand

I think he uses the 3rd one which i can´t understand too. In his pictures i cant see any doupled lots.

I asked him yesterday a question:

I: What happens to your account if the market goes sideways you can get very fast a margin call if you double your lots or did i understand the system wrong?

He: I don´t double the lots. If the trend goes stronger the system says you to rebuy with the same lots and at the same time to secure the other trade. So i cant get a margin call.

I hope you can understand what i wrote because englisch is not my first language :-)

I think he uses the 3rd one which i can´t understand too. In his pictures i cant see any doupled lots.

I asked him yesterday a question:

I: What happens to your account if the market goes sideways you can get very fast a margin call if you double your lots or did i understand the system wrong?

He: I don´t double the lots. If the trend goes stronger the system says you to rebuy with the same lots and at the same time to secure the other trade. So i cant get a margin call.

I hope you can understand what i wrote because englisch is not my first language :-)

My partial understanding of method 3 is that, it is not a Martingale, because all 3 long and all 3 short orders are always in the same amount. And the profit somehow comes from when trend finally goes strong in one direction, the three orders in that direction will secure a profit bigger than the loss from 1, 2, or 3 opposite orders if these were triggered; because (a) if only trade 1 and and trade 2 of the opposing trade got triggered, the profitable trade 1, 2, and 3 will be bigger in profit than that loss, and even (b) if opposite trade 3 were triggered before reversing, at least trade 1 is already in profit, and trade 2 should be in breakeven if trade 3 was triggered. So the overall net from all 6 (3 L and 3 S) will be at least the profit from the difference of the breakeven opposing trade 1 and/or trade 2 versus the profitable trade 1 and trade 2.

What I do not understand is, if price ranges, even if not martingale and not margin call, if the level 1 L and S trade keeps getting triggered and keeps getting stopped out before either one gets to trade level 2, then I think the overall can still be a loss. Also, I do not understand the part when the trader can have long and short trades actively open at the same time. (I thought stop loss would be triggered before the opposing trade goes active)

But I think the author somehow can still make that (the long ranging between only level 1 opposing trades) scenario into a profitable one. This is another part I do not understand. But as I said, I am no longer following this system because my broker does not allow hedging.

Don´t forget that he is moving SL to BE as soon as the trade is 10 Pips in profit (that is when trade-2 opens).

The same happens to trade-2 if it goes 10 Pips into profit ( trade-3 opens ).

If that happens, SL of trade-1 goes to +10 , SL of trade-2 goes to BE and if by chance trade 3 moves 10 Pips into profit,

the other SLs move too, so when

price goes against all 3 trades, what does he get ?

trade3 = breakeven

trade2 = + 10 Pips

trade1 = + 20 Pips

At the same time, the Short orders have been moved up. ( assuming that trade1 - 3 were long orders )

It says in the manual that each corresponding order has to sit at the SL of its opposite partner.

This is not the case when you place all 6 orders at the session-start.

Only Long-1 and Short-1 meet this rule.

The SL of Long-1 is identical to the Entry of Short-1 .

Only when Long-2 is opened,

the corresponding Short-2 must be moved up 10 Pips ----> then Long-2 SL = Entry of Short-2.

This strategy is "hard work".

Not really, but the trades must be watched and modified according to the rules.

If price moves up and down many times , the percentage of trades which hit SL is reduced because he trails all SL with 10 Pips.

This way they sometimes close at breakeven or with 10 Pips profit -----> this reduces the DrawDown .

And the distance between Long and Short orders gets smaller too in some cases.

Price will not stay forever in the zigzag mode, but will break out enough to end each session in profit ( I hope ).

This guy is bold, he claims that he will turn $500 into 1 million within 3 months.

Edited by fxeasy5

Don´t forget that he is moving SL to BE as soon as the trade is 10 Pips in profit (that is when trade-2 opens).

The same happens to trade-2 if it goes 10 Pips into profit ( trade-3 opens ).

If that happens, SL of trade-1 goes to +10 , SL of trade-2 goes to BE and if by chance trade 3 moves 10 Pips into profit,

the other SLs move too, so when

price goes against all 3 trades, what does he get ?

trade3 = breakeven

trade2 = + 10 Pips

trade1 = + 20 Pips

At the same time, the Short orders have been moved up. ( assuming that trade1 - 3 were long orders )

It says in the manual that each corresponding order has to sit at the SL of its opposite partner.

This is not the case when you place all 6 orders at the session-start.

Only Long-1 and Short-1 meet this rule.

The SL of Long-1 is identical to the Entry of Short-1 .

Only when Long-2 is opened,

the corresponding Short-2 must be moved up 10 Pips ----> then Long-2 SL = Entry of Short-2.

This strategy is "hard work".

Not really, but the trades must be watched and modified according to the rules.

If price moves up and down many times , the percentage of trades which hit SL is reduced because he trails all SL with 10 Pips.

This way they sometimes close at breakeven or with 10 Pips profit -----> this reduces the DrawDown .

And the distance between Long and Short orders gets smaller too in some cases.

Price will not stay forever in the zigzag mode, but will break out enough to end each session in profit ( I hope ).

This guy is bold, he claims that he will turn $500 into 1 million within 3 months.

Thanks fxeasy5, your explanation is clearer than the original author's. If my understanding is correct, does that mean, there should never be a situation when we have opposing trades opened at the same time? For example, if Long 1, L2, L3 is opened, there cannot be any Short 1, S2, or S3 also opened at the same time. Because by the time price comes back to trigger any of the S1, S2, or S3, their opposing trade should have already closed?

If that is the case, may be I can still use it with my (no-hedging-allowed) broker, and not to give this system up completely yet.

English manual in PDF-format

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjhmnmboudj

so basically wen you begin the session you place 6 orders all of same lot size?At resistance L1, then L2=L1+10 pips and L3=L2+10pips the same for the short side at support S1 then S2=S1-10pips and S3=S2-10pips.

Is this correct?

Yes. Exactly.

Please help somebody with scripts which help to place the orders.

The Mt4-platform is such a pain in the a....

Edited by fxeasy5