What do you think about EA KAIN?

cowboy

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys, but I have to say that I run eakain at 30% on sig trader with automatic gmt shift (+3 instead of +2) and in 2 months (july and june) I got a monthly gain of 30% and over .....

now after reading this thread I decided to switch off automatic gmt and set manual gmt to +2, although it's too early to say but it seems that it trades very less (yesterday only one trade eurgbp for only 1 pip profit!!!) and so very less profits about 6$ ....

in the last days when I was still running it at +3 gmt I was able to make about 50-70$ per night !!!

and I got abut 4-5 trades per night.

If you said that it's not correct +3gmt due to dst and it's correct +2gmt maybe we could think that I was lucky,

but let me tell you this: I was lucky for 2 months with wrong gmt setup ???? it seems too much long time for me to say that it's lucky

surely at +2 gmt the market is more quite and less dangerous but I don't know maybe it's better to reswitch to +3gmt......

anyway it's too early to say that because it's just a few days that I'm running it at +2 so I will wait for more time and see how things will go.

Edited by acosma

I can't modify, but I am running it for testing purposes now on one hour less than it should (as I described many time earlier) AND on the right / automatic settings. I do this with loading it up into another TF per pair, so I do not have to modify it.

Besides this has the effect, that maybe multiple trades will be opened, in case the other instance of kain finds it interesting to open up a new trade even if the other one hasn't closed yet :)

btw, EURUSD and USDCAD have not been trading every day since last week, market is quite quiet :) (what a word game) so do not wonder if there are no trades or a few. Autuum will come, hopefully with not that much surprises as the last one...

THANKS to iwjw : make sure to use unique magicnumbers in each window you use an EA more than once !

Can U explain me, how does it works? What other TF do U open. I think if U run two instance of Kain, you should get doubled trade everytime. If would be nice, if kain would open a trade, and after open another at the next good possibility.

Does anybody know, how I can change the SL with EA_Kain 1.05 - I am not programer so I do not know where to change it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/CwPgbZLR/EAKAIN_SCALPER_PRO_2010_v105.htm[/Code]

Don't try to change anything exept GMTOffset or risk management. You might be lucky in the short term, but longer term you'll lose with this EA if your changing any of the internal settings...they are optimized and you won't make them better...period

Hi Acosma,

When You do a backtest with gmt+3 and gmt+2 You will see

the difference. Maybe in some moments you will get more trades,

but in the long run You will lose. For example let´s consider eurusd,

see the 2010 backtests bellow, illustrating the two situations. Could You

observe the difference? Currently I´m running eakain with 4 pairs, because

the performance in backtests is better with these pairs, that are very

close to real due the fixed spread. I began with risk=10% and now

I´m using risk=15%. I´m not in hurry. I´m looking for consistency.

http://www.4shared.com/file/wzSIiql9/StrategyTester_eakain_eu_gmt2.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/KThn86fQ/Strategytester_eakian_eu_gmt3.html

I hope this can help.

Hi CW2, very interesting data, thanks . i can see the pain just by setting the GMT incorrectly now. Can i confirm with you that for any broker, we have to set the GMT correctly according to their exact timezone? May i also know the 4 safe pairs u mentioned that has consistency. Thnaks for sharing mate

I see, Thanks CW2.

Last night I got 3 requote when eakain tried to open on USDCAD; EURCHF, EURGBP, so it was unable to open trades,

no trades at all.

So if you got requotes with this ea you miss trades because as I see it does not re-try to open trades again after first reqote.

And 3 requotes on 3 different pairs it looks a little bit strange.... maybe sigtrader broker begins to interfere ???

Edited by acosma

Indeed, it should try to reopen orders until the conditions are met,

I also check inside the code of the ea and it seems to be that, but on my journal tab I see only one open order command followed by the requote and then nothing else.

maybe temporaly lost connection with the broker server after requote.

Edited by acosma

9 pips profit on 3 trades in 2 days on a Demo account trading all 7 pairs. Switched to Aggressive Mode on the 2nd day for the single trade win.

I'm having a OldTicks error on the Journal, just with GO Markets, and I think this may be affecting the bot's ability to trade.

Anyone else have experience with this problem?

Thanks for that, Chip4Pips. I'm doing what I can to pressure them to solve the problems.

Bumped my Slippage on all charts to 30 pips with no effect. Still getting OldTicks.

There are about 150 of them, covering all of the charts, and all with the identical timestamp, which seems odd.

They were trying to blame it on my location in the US and had no answer when told that I was using Crucial Paradigm VPS in Sydney.

They have now co-located a server with CNS in San Diego, so maybe that one will help. I don't know. It seems they are overwhelmed.

hi girlie,

apologies, just to clarify.. i don't really see the spread limit field.. or you were referring to another field within the EA?

Much thanks!

i have yet to see my first loss for ea kain v1.05, already bored of all wins on my alpari uk :D

anyway i have modified this ea for gmt +1 and spread limit to 2.5 for eu, 3.5 for ec and default 4 for ucad :D