What do you think about EA KAIN?

cowboy

I think Kain is an excellent advisor but

it lacks something ... maybe something like a

dynamic stop loss and perhaps take a

profit.

For example, yesterday there was a stop loss on USD CAD, a level close to the first stop there was a rebound.

Then prices came back down and this time the stop loss is triggered. According to me after the first bounce, the stop loss would have had to raise dynamically.

The stop-loss but now are static.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine took a EURUSD buy, then dropped 50 Pips into DD. It was coming back after several hours and would have closed in profit, but Kain closed the trade at around 35 Pips loss.

I do not understand it's logic.

After two weeks or so, the demo account is up 1.8%. I've been running their AutoGMT. Highest was 6.5% gain, but managed to give most of it back.

According to my MyFXBook stats, ALL losses were in the 23rd Hour.

According to same, only losses were on EURUSD and USDCAD.

Mine took a EURUSD buy, then dropped 50 Pips into DD. It was coming back after several hours and would have closed in profit, but Kain closed the trade at around 35 Pips loss.

I do not understand it's logic.

That's what I have posted prior as well. MD does manage the trades better. Same entry point, MD might go into breakeven/profit while Kain might loose or even hit SL... The EURUSD is better traded with MD in my consideration.

Cheers

I had a strange behavior yesterday with Kain regarding EURCHF ... I am running it on 6 MT4 instances. 4 of them did NOT open the EURCHF trade at 23:42 GMT+2 germany, 2 of them did and nearly took a full SL ... but went out at a sad -30 pips. I checked my logfiles, and the spread limit was NOT the failure ... never had this before with Kain, maybe someone else has this experienced ? Has anyone had trouble on EURCHF with GMT+2 (normal settings) ?

Handling the swissy seems to get worse at the moment, lacking volatility and my high spreads of 5-6 pips at pre-asian session are surely one part of the problem. Primeval is also struggeling with it ...

I had a strange behavior yesterday with Kain regarding EURCHF ... I am running it on 6 MT4 instances. 4 of them did NOT open the EURCHF trade at 23:42 GMT+2 germany, 2 of them did and nearly took a full SL ... but went out at a sad -30 pips. I checked my logfiles, and the spread limit was NOT the failure ... never had this before with Kain, maybe someone else has this experienced ? Has anyone had trouble on EURCHF with GMT+2 (normal settings) ?

Handling the swissy seems to get worse at the moment, lacking volatility and my high spreads of 5-6 pips at pre-asian session are surely one part of the problem. Primeval is also struggeling with it ...

I had a strange behavior yesterday, too

My usdcad long was closed by TP...that was good for 28pips

Don't know what Kain was doing when the trade was at the normal profit target for that pair

• 1 month later...

Hello

I think EA Kain is good EA and now I´m trading it live on Alpari UK. I made from 660$ profit 46$ about two weeks trading. Now I had problem becouse when this EA want close opened job my broker requote and this job wasn´t be closed. I lost few $ and only becouse requote. Is here sombody able to change code of this EA that if job was not closed try it once more?

Here is EA:

http://www.multiuplOad.cOm/ML3V3CGVFO

Thank you very much!!

Hi

I´m using same version 1.05 I´m trading KAIN on two accounts at Aplari UK. One account is mini and one classic. On classic I had this trouble and I stopped my trading until I will correct problem. Look into attached file. There is everything such as reports, settings and journal where you can see requoting. I closed my job manualy when I sit at computer. If somebody can help me I will be very happy!!!

http://www.multiupOoad.cOm/SYDOMSPLPQ

Thanks!!

Im using 1.05 on alpari uk as well. I checked my own logs, i closed that particular usdjpy trade my self as well. I think you've been unlucky, i dont have problems with requotes.

I recommend turning usdjpy off, it doesnt look like a good scalper pair at least for the last 2 weeks.

I would really like to change more settings on kain, i hope someone can make a proper mq4 version of 1.05 someday.

The trade times for example. on some pairs its only 1 hour, while its safe to trade 2-3 hours. I'd like to have it trade more often without putting the whole ea on aggressive. It now trades 1-2 times a day in normal mode. Also id like to change the spread limits. This was really stupid imo not putting this in the settings. Some ppl scalp with 3-5 pips while others have ecn accounts with 0-2 pips. Lastly a news filter would be nice.

Hey is any talented coder able to add a news filter to EA Kain like Megadroid and Shocker and some other modified EAs have? Forgot to turn it off yesterday during the high alert US announcement and had a rather large loss on EU. The indicator is NFCal and gets the news and can change the time not to trade around high impact announcements, which helps not having to manually turn the EA off. I've uploaded megadroid and forex shocker with the news filter added so if anyone is able to do this and re upload it would muchly appreciated. http://www.multiupload.com/Z5RJQ50EAL