List of 5 Best EAs that Actually Work and make Money

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to Ask my fellow traders to List here 5 Best EAs that they use trading Live accounts ( not Demo accounts) and is actually making Good Profits each month.

That can trade an account with

Initial Deposit : US$ 500 to US 2000

Mini Lots: 0.1

Here is my initial list . Please Comment with your List

1. FAPTURBO 3.6c

Number 1 for me mam fx robot....makes 200-500% p.m

Number 1 for me mam fx robot....makes 200-500% p.m

You'd be a millionaire many times over if that were true. Show live account proof, or post an educated EA... otherwise you're wasting our time. I believe mam fx is an arbitrage bot, and those have shown not to work on standard MT4.

I know that FapTurbo is a piece of ****. Brokers know lots of people use it and so they know when the trades are going to pop up. Then they use their spread controls to make sure that it either never gets a trade off due to it's spread controls, or ensures that it misses it's take profit. Additionally they can move price around to force the indicators to produce a signal, and then drop the market the wrong direction and kill your trade.

If you think I'm lying about that, then you don't know how this business actually works.

Edited by Rio

................and they ALL keep pretending they ONLY make profits from spreads, so make you think the more you trade, the more they will love you.

Well one particular broker (who shall go nameless), recently had a competition for a particular Apple i-device.

All you had to do to get into that competition was to trade 10 standard lots from your live account.

Seriously?

If you have enough equity to trade 10 standards AND you actually know how to trade... why even bother trying to get into the competition? One successful trade with 10 lots would score you a lot of Apple kit.. IF that's what you really wanted!

• 2 months later...
The worst I have seen this EA perform is on extended trend drops with no immediate pullback. From the 14th of Jan to the end of the month, the EA was placed under stress of a rather punishing trend on the GBPUSD. It used up next to all it's floor stops and the account was in 38% drawdown. However, price eventually DID come back into profit because it was the end of the month, and eventually the drawdown vanished on a slight pull back, and the account was back to profit at 0% drawdown.

So there you go. That's as bad as it can get. On the tiniest $1500 account, this would have almost killed it, but it still would have survived. On an account with more cash, it may have given you cause to panic, but even still, price came back, and you still made a sizable profit at the end.

In fact, the EA trades much like how the real market makers trade. It gives out money at every price point until equity is thin on the ground, and then does a pullback to put the equity back into profit.

That's how the big banks trade, and they never really lose.

I estimate that to safely run two pairs on the lowest lot step (0.01) you will need a lot of equity. A LOT more than $1500. Probably $6000 would be a good starting point.

Hi Rio,

Are you still running this EA live? I put this EA in demo on 2 pairs (EU & GU) and so far so good. Very low DD.

Is it safe to run 1 pair on $1K account?

Tks,

I'm still running it live, and yes it is still working.

The DD is mostly low all the time, but it can reach high levels given certain conditions (it will also make a lot of money in these conditions). I have seen it go as high as 50% before closing out all trades in profit -- which is why you need equity to survive these conditions.

I am not running it on EURUSD. Only on GBPUSD with the set file provided. This is the safest way to run this EA. It's what I run live.

Yes, you can drop the EA on EURUSD, GBPUSD, and EURGBP all at the same time... but I don't want to hear about how your account got margined out later. ALWAYS TEST IN DEMO BEFORE GOING LIVE.

Also, you should start a live account with at least $2000. It will only make about $100 profit a month (sometimes less), but it is extremely unlikely to ever blow up if you let it just do it's thing and let it work through it's drawdowns.

One other thing though is that the EA can get jammed up when price gets close enough to open a new grid trade, but not far enough to close the current trade, and then price reverses and doesn't come back. This is a very rare occurence, but it has happened to me a few times. In these cases, a lock trade gets put in but if price doesn't come back it locks the equity up and prevents it from closing out in profit. (for example, you have two 0.01 grid sell trades and a 0.02 buy trade. Price moves far away from the grid trades and can't close out in profit, locking your equity up and taking on swap which may or may not drain your equity slowly)

I have manually closed out trades like this and taken a small loss in order to get it up and working again.

I am bugfixing the EA and adding an input that closes out excessive grid trades automatically to prevent this scenario from happening, because there should only be one grid trade open at a time.

Look out for an updated version on the thread for when it is done. I am testing a modified version at the moment. I think with the ability to close out trapped grid trades we could start hacking the inputs a bit to try and make the EA churn out money faster.

Edited by Rio

Hi everyone,

As promised, I hacked the code of Pyramid 5.2 some more to fix the double grid trade bug. While I was at it, I cleaned up the code and removed some unnecessary bits.

Also I removed all the Russian text, translated it to English, and got rid a lot of code that just put junk on the screen that was unnecessary.

Also I tweaked the preset files, and fixed a few issues with them (namely the EURUSD did not have alfa_lot being 2, which meant that it didn't work on micro accounts!)

Also I imported a EURGBP set file from Pyramid 3.2, and tweaked it for use in this EA.

Now everything is all really nice... BUT I have not tested this EA as much as the original 5.2XE... so PLEASE if you use this EA, to do some testing with it before going live.

I am still testing this on a live account. It seems to be doing just fine, however, as it is essentially a trimmed down version of the original with an important bug fixed, and tested to work.

Don't forget to read the manual txt file in the archive! It will explain EVERYTHING.

http://[email protected]/zip/0wsSZaZx/pyxev2.html?

(Replace "@" with a)

...and enjoy free money!

Just a quick note:

With the option now to ensure that a grid trade closes before a second opens, you will note how some trades hit their take profits, and others don't. It all depends on how violently price breaks/jumps through price points, and whether slippage works in your favor or not. Essentially with the safety on, you might make anywhere from 3-20 cents less per closing of a 0.01 lot grid trade... but that said, it saved me recently from the double grid trade bug when news on the GBPUSD would have left two grid trades open in the wrong direction. So it's worth having the insurance.

You will also note trade close errors in the terminal. Some trades break through and hit their take profit, but not before the routine is called to kill the open trade which is already closed. This causes the EA to get a bit confused as it can no longer find the trade to close as it already hit TP. This has no effect on trading at all, so you shouldn't worry about it.

More testing on XEv2 continues.

As it turns out, in my debugging I fixed a feature of 5.2, and now XEv2 behaves slightly differently (as was originally intended, actually!)

When a pair has a number of averaging trades going, the lot size for each grid trade increases! (this is because 5.2 incorrectly detected the presence of grid trades because it was searching for the wrong comment information, which I noticed and fixed)

What this means is that with no trades open, grid trades will start out at the lot level defined by the money management routines and as defined by risk (you will see this displayed in the chart comments up the top). For a small account that displays "Lots = 0.01", each grid trade will start out at 0.01 lots.

HOWEVER, in this version, as averaging trades pile up, these grid trade sizes will GROW.

For example, in my testing, I have a lock trade of 0.02, and averaging trades of 0.03 and 0.05, so a total of 0.1 waiting for reversal.

At this level, however, the grid trades are now up to 0.03... and still achieving a lock!

This means that as drawdown increases, so does overall profit to help offset this. It does mean, however, that price has to reverse a lot harder to clear it's book, because the increased size of the grid trade will weigh harder against the averaging lock trades.

I believe that this feature can be turned off by setting koef_grid to 0.0, and then it will behave as normal. I have not tested this.

I am not sure that this feature is desirable though. If it takes a stronger reversal to clear the book, price may miss it's chance to clear it's drawdown and may even continue further into drawdown. Yes, it will make more money in this state, but it also may lock-up it's ability to make profits the longer price is unable to clear the board... and account equity safety is important.

I think for safety's sake it is better left off, but if you have piles of equity and don't mind the risk, then you could run it with koef_grid enabled like this.

I will keep testing it with the koef_grid on, but everyone should understand that I ran 5.2XE with this feature broken and not working for over 6 months, so I am not sure about this feature now that it works .

Edited by Rio

• 2 weeks later...

It's nearly been a month of testing XEv2, and I have to say that it's working better than expected!

Luckily the past month, the drawdown has been fairly low, and I am yet to see a market condition where the EA is severely tested with drawdowns. That said, it's nice to see how the EA recalculates it's grid trades the very minute it takes on another averaging buy or sell, so you see the benefits of the koef_lock increasing the size of the grid trades rather than waiting until all the grid trades are emptied out or collected.

I have been running the EA on both EURUSD and GBPUSD with 0.11 risk and it's racking up more money than just on GBPUSD alone with 0.22 risk because ach pair is still starting out at 0.01 lots. Maybe if I throw another $2000 at my account I can get EURGBP up and running too? Well maybe, but I won't risk that quite yet.

In any case, I'm sticking to running the XEv2 version on my live account now. I feel confident that the EA and the updated preset files work better than my previous 5.2XE hack.

I'm thinking of adding a "Stop all trading" input into the EA. What this would do is prevent any new trades or orders from opening if there are no trades for that pair already open, and put a comment on the chart to let the user know that this is what it is doing. This would allow the user to set this input in the EA when they want to wind down trading, and when all trades are closed out, it would stop trading for that pair.

The benefit of this would provide an easy way for the trader to wind down trading of the EA on their account (for whatever reason they wanted to stop trading)

The other feature that might be interesting to add is a dual MA trend direction filter. I think later than 5.2 versions of Pyramid do this. The benefit of being able to tweak the MA trend direction is the possibility of being right in the trend more often, and less time wasted getting the trend wrong and having the EA close out all trades with no profit.

Really, however, MAs are actually a poor determinant of trend, and either way, it doesn't matter if the EA gets the trend wrong. No money is lost - but if we could avoid more time in drawdown that would be good.

Well it seems that there could be a problem with the EA if your broker modifies the trade comment due to some market behaviour (such as a stop or a gap), and I will have to modify the EA to work around these issues. It's basically a string-handling one. The thing is that the EA looks for an exact match of the trade comment to determine how many grid trades and stops it has on, and if the comments don't exactly match, the trade will get skipped over and the EA could get confused.

SO... I will have to mod the EA again to fix this, and maybe while I'm at it I will add the "stop all trading" input.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here it is at last. PYRAMID XEv2.1

This version includes the fix for when brokers meddle with the trade comments, and also adds a new input to allow you to close down all trades and stop trading gracefully, if that's what you want to do.

You should just be able to replace XE2.0 with XE2.1 on-the-fly if you have trades open.

Check the manual for all information.

http://[email protected]/zip/YJD9nFz9/pyxev21.html

Guest FloridaTrader
hi guys its seems everyones losing money to be on this page. i got burnt loads. in the end i used a forex signals firm fxpremiere com and to be honest for 1 year now been making money not loosing... my idea is follow the experts.. keep it simple

How many times are you going to flood our forum with this same posting?

hi guys its seems everyones losing money to be on this page.

Not me, and not on this page, spammer.

You can take my 5% monthly profits and stick it up your bum.

You do the math. Start with $5000 on this EA, average 5% profit per month, and you'll hit $100,000 in about 5 years time which will be enough for you to quit your job and live comfortably off the EA. If you leave the EA alone for another 4 years, you'll hit the $1 million mark.

Maybe it's not "get rich quick", but getting rich eventually.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now.

Edited by Rio

• 2 weeks later...

Had some good results with the EA so far this month, and it's not even halfway over.

I have the EA running on EURUSD, GBPUSD, and EURGBP at 0.11 risk. $1500 in equity per pair.

GBPUSD in particular had lots of averaging trades open from the upwards trend. The koef_lock kicked in and in the first week of this month already racked up over 5% in the account. Drawdown hit 35% before a small snap back cleared the board and removed the drawdown. My only concern then became how much margin I could use to open positions (It opened a position over a standard lot in size to clear the board!). The margin issue was my fault because not only do I have 3 pairs working now, but my leverage is at 1:100. Margin was never really under heavy threat (definitely did not go red, so no harm there).... but even still over half available margin got used because of my tight 1:100 leverage.

Just a note about leverage:

Account leverage depends on your broker, but you will have a hard time getting 1:500 leverage should you end up with a large account (depending on broker of course) where hedging is allowed.

This will be less of a problem as long as you keep the risk low (Currently I have 3 pairs at 0.11 risk. This is only risking a total of 3%, and all three pairs being placed under the pump is highly unlikely, so we're not even really risking that much)

...but it's really important to get that high leverage if your account is tiny. My broker only reduces the amount of leverage you can use as account size increases beyond certain account size maximums. By the time those maximums are hit, the reduced leverage should make less and less of a difference as your balance increases and the risk stays low.... and besides... even 0.11 risk per pair is getting me over 5% this month so risking more now, to me, seems silly given that I'm trading more than one pair.

Not sure how leverage will affect trading later on when the account gets sufficiently large, but perhaps I will do some demo testing. I can still get 1:300 over $100K from various brokers, so that is sufficiently safe to live off the EA with. In any case, I could create multiple trading accounts between different brokers to split the wealth to run things at satisfactory leverage levels if it came down to that. That's probably a better way to go, because if the account starts opening positions with huge lot sizes, not only could the broker could have trouble filling them, but lower leverage would put the account potentially under the pump.

Hi Rio, thanks for the EA...

I copied the file into the expert folders, open up the chart, when I drag the EA to the chart, nothing happens!?

So, I open the file up and compiled it, it shows 0 error and 0 warning...

But, checking the folder cannot find the compiled .ex4 file??

Your help is very much appreciated, thanks!

I had the same problem with another "Educated" file, and when I remove the text "Generated by EX...", I managed to compile it!

But, I could not find the same text in your source codes!

Looking through all the codes, I could not find any other text that can be removed and compiled correctly!?

Could you think of any other reasons or text that might caused this?

Thanks.

Hi Rio, thanks for the EA...

I copied the file into the expert folders, open up the chart, when I drag the EA to the chart, nothing happens!?

So, I open the file up and compiled it, it shows 0 error and 0 warning...

But, checking the folder cannot find the compiled .ex4 file??

Your help is very much appreciated, thanks!

Your problem is your MT4 rebuild 500. Try to use the old MT4 version.

Your problem is your MT4 rebuild 500. Try to use the old MT4 version.

It could also be Windows 7 or Vista, which tends to muck with access to files whether you start MT4 terminal and Editor as the Administrator user or not.

If I were you, I would just load the mq4 directly onto your chart, and let MT4 compile it automatically so that next time you start the EA it has no problem accessing the EA. That's more or less what I have done with no issues.

As for build 500.... I really just wish MetaQuotes would stop pissing about with the platform. It needs to be a stable known-entity, but I feel that brokers would love to stuff up our trading in order to kill our accounts with all these "updates" - which is probably why updates tend to break things so often. It's not our job to do free beta-testing for them. It's our job to get on with trading.

I had some other PM questions:

I think it's a good idea to give the EA a bit of a push with regular deposits IF you can afford it. Again, FX trading is risky and there's no telling if the "powers that be" just want to floor the GBP and EUR one day and throw the EA into margin trouble. So don't deposit into your account more than you can afford to completely lose. Trading like this with an EA is not how a professional trader would trade, and relies a lot on margin and your equity to survive and profit. While the risks we take are fairly small, a massive drop like 2008 could give the EA some considerable grief.

As for running 3 pairs, I think I understand why the EURGBP pair was dropped in later revisions of Pyramid.

EURGBP as a tradable pair isn't very good (been testing this in the EA). It often consolidates for too long and then when it trends, it trends rather predictably in one direction and therefore takes forever to clean out a cycle of trades. Even manual traders often ignore the EG because it's hard to make out what it's doing.

Over the past month, it only ever closed 3 grid trades (whereas EURUSD and GBPUSD racked up quite a lot), and even still my EURGBP trading is yet to close out a cycle... meaning that negative swap in one of my lock trades is building. (I've actually turned on the new input I put in the EA to force EG to close all it's trades out and not open any more, when it gets the chance.)

My concern with this pair going forward is that if it marches off unidirectionally and takes forever to close out a cycle -- it will lock up an ungodly amount of margin in open trades (not necessarily drawdown) and potentially negative swap -- which could threaten the EA later down the track with other pairs running up lots of averaging trades and requiring margin to keep the EA alive.

This also becomes a problem later if the account size increases to levels where your broker won't let you pull 1:500 leverage on your account, and only gives you, say 1:200 leverage.

The potential for EURGBP to be account threatening is there, and given the piddling amount of profit it's given me so far, I don't think it's worth the risk of running it! The koef_lock feature in the EA will start slamming down lots of profit (more than your 5% per month) on the other pairs when a pair really starts trending, but to do this it requires lots of margin. For EURGBP to lock a lot of that margin up while it sits-and-spins and prevents the other more active pairs from drawing on margin is, to me, a risk best avoided.

It's worth remembering that with koef_lock enabled, grid lot sizes increase (which is good for making profit), but makes an increased demand on your margin in order to do so. There is a trade-off there.... so lets aim for 5%-10% per month growth. It's safe and do-able. Let's not bite off more than we can chew, and only take from the market what we deserve.

Edited by Rio

Luckily I still have the older version, or else don't know where to download...

Thanks!

If this is going to be a problem, I will update the EA archive with a pre-compiled ex4 for all to use.

At the moment, my broker has not migrated to build 500 (probably because of all the issues). MetaQuotes seems to be trying to kill third-party development.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that the build 500 compiler may be detecting code that has been decompiled, and the blocking it as it is dropped on a chart.... I can fix this by renaming lot of variables in the code (which I may just do for a new version).