List of 5 Best EAs that Actually Work and make Money

RIO: on a side note, PM XE2-2 just blew up one of my demo accounts yesterday with your default settings..

it made some big sell trades along side the 2 big jumps upwards, and ran out of equity to make buy trades, so now i can see what you meen when you say that one should take out initial deposit from a live account when its posible, to be able to start over...

i think that it could have been saved if i had stoped the AV from making more trades :)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting if you could show me the trades it took, and how much equity and risk the pairs were using so we can analyse the problem. I am not running XE anymore and using Magelan v4 as you know.

Brokers had a field day yesterday with Ben Bernanke opening his fat mouth again. Magelan knocked a few trades out of the park with the FOMC minutes and made a pile of money, but that trapped EU trade keeps getting heavier. Now there is a pending stop thrown on the chart in an attempt to hedge against it and close it out.

Honestly I am not too worried. It is not eating up much more then 15% DD, and is actually eating into profit that the EA has made this month already anyway. Even if I closed the trade in negative manually my demo account would still be up 15% or so. As balance increases, the other pairs will start using heavier lots sizes and eventually the DD from this pair, if not closed out, will be a trivial compared to the balance. My greatest fear is if all three pairs end up with jammed trades as big as this one.

Ouch.... maybe it was simply good luck that I stopped using XE this month?

I think Pyramid 8 would have survived this though. I see from the data that the averaging got very unlucky in places. Some early averaging trades followed by move up in limited koefficient lock, then some heavy averaging trades followed by Bernanke's killing move that pushed it just over the edge.

I see from the data that the averaging got very unlucky in places. Some early averaging trades followed by move up in limited koefficient lock, then some heavy averaging trades followed by Bernanke's killing move that pushed it just over the edge.

yeah, it was really unlucky placement, but as it was only a demo account i just let it run, to see if it would survive :)

I'm going to do some more testing with Pyramid 8,and see if I can hack it a bit to make it more robust than XE2.2.... maybe do an XE 3 ;)

I really want to have an EA that can survive just about anything thrown at it.... although my concerns with Pyramid 8 is that the profitability isn't all that much. The reason is because averaging trades do not get placed and hit as often, and the koef_lock never rises all that much to make lots of money.

Thinking even further ahead, I think if I can hack the signalling system on it, and attempt to get it to make trades that I would take manually like Magelan does it could be really good. When it stuffs up, and hit's the "stop-loss", it will fall back to hedging to save the account.

I'm going to do some more testing with Pyramid 8,and see if I can hack it a bit to make it more robust than XE2.2.... maybe do an XE 3 ;)

I really want to have an EA that can survive just about anything thrown at it.... although my concerns with Pyramid 8 is that the profitability isn't all that much.

yes, but then again, what is best, to risk blowing up, or to make a smaller % of money... i would say less money & survive, or maybe, as you say, combine some of the magelan features into it

Edited by Sepp Malec

is it worthy to byit at $599. Anyone can share with us the live performance of this EA (i.e. on myfx book)

i have set custom analysis to only show the period where i have run this EA, as i tried "forexcombo" before Magelan, and that lost me some money. that has now been recovered.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/ZeppDK/technical-analysis/626707

so if it dosnt blow my account at some point, then i think its worth the 600 bucks

hi, Sepp Malec, Thanks for sharing.

Is your xm account micro or classic?

are u running default setting?

hi there,

i use a standart account, i dont like the micro accounts way of using wrong lot sizes...

and yes, im running in the 3 pairs that there was presets for, and only thing i changed was that i set at fixed lot size, because i got a deposit bonus from my broker, and it doesnt seem that the EA takes this into account when doing auto calculations....

So what should we do in the meantime? Continue using XE2.2 or replace it with Pyramid 8?

Up to you. I guess for safety's sake, use Pyramid 8... although I haven't tested that educated code much, so I would advise demoing it.

It won't compile without warnings... check the code out, they coded it in such a way to break the decompiler. There's one line that's expecting a number and there's a date in there.

Edited by Rio

i have set custom analysis to only show the period where i have run this EA, as i tried "forexcombo" before Magelan, and that lost me some money. that has now been recovered.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/ZeppDK/technical-analysis/626707

so if it dosnt blow my account at some point, then i think its worth the 600 bucks

Why do you hide the open trades?

Thank you.

I don't understand how the equity graph shows 144%, while open positions in deep red with minus 485 pips..

:-O

thats because myfxbook dont add the 310$ i got in deposit bonus from my broker to account balance, but add it to equity..

so even if all trades are closed, my equity will show as larger than my account balance...