S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me at the moment, the only and best Manual System that works for me, after testing a lot of crap. :-bd
I have to admit that reading and studying it, taking a big break (many months) then re-studying it did make learning parts a lot easier. I guess you go over and over it in your mind until you finally get what he is saying. That doesn't mean I fully get it, but, I definately think I was very close to it before I gave up again as I understood more. You should summarize what you believe you do in point form MacMorris to make it clearer for people to understand.

I personally like the concept of the STAR system and I believe there is wisdom in his coconut, but explaining things he is just not that great at!

I think this is just visual representation of Elliot Wave.

Big move - 1st wave

Ribbon flip - 2nd wave

Movie after ribbon flip (that exceed Big move)-3th wave

13s cut 68s -4th wave

Final move -5th wave and we begin to search retracement who will prove exhaustion of the trend

When we have this prove go in second stage-verifying - primary signal or continuation signal.

The autor of this system trying to catch the next whole move of Elliot Wave trought wave 1 to wave 5.

BUT this is only my opinion.

...well maybe it does not suit to my style.....

Yes, it´s a question of personal style.

You should summarize what you believe you do in point form MacMorris to make it clearer for people to understand.

I personally like the concept of the STAR system and I believe there is wisdom in his coconut, but explaining things he is just not that great at!

Yes , Hennessy is a thinker, but not a writer who can explain his thinkings to other people and i am a bad english speaker and explaining this with pictures and etc. in this forum is bad.

When we have this prove go in second stage-verifying - primary signal or continuation signal.

The autor of this system trying to catch the next whole move of Elliot Wave trought wave 1 to wave 5.

BUT this is only my opinion.

Then we have to check. Is there a primary more safer setup to get in or a secondary not so safe signal where we can enter the market or a continuation signal.

Sorry, my english is f***. ;))

I am thinker too....and i think this system is good only for the autor, my system is good only for me,your system is good only for you....no one system is good enough for everyone....

Just....we need learn,learn alot......From this system i learn nothing.

I've always wondered why anyone successful trader sells systems ....... for extra income or because it is not as good trader?

I have been playing around with determining currency strength.... please have a look and provide comment regarding the usefulness of the data. As time goes by, it will become more obvious how accurate the data actually was. I have spent most of the time setting up the data import. The total process now takes about 30 seconds to create. :)

http://mir.cr/GAON5DEV

Rgds

RM

RM,

Your currency strength system looks impressive. Can you please share the spreadsheet or the method of determining the strength? I'm interested to test and see how useful this tools could be.

Thanks for the great work!

Eticon

Yes , Hennessy is a thinker, but not a writer who can explain his thinkings to other people and i am a bad english speaker and explaining this with pictures and etc. in this forum is bad.

I am sure Hennessy found something good but his ability to explain it to others is the problem.

I have bought the system and have been in the forum and members-only-area .... and it is a nightmare.

Only a few (maybe 1 %) understand the thing and they don´t agree on the interpretation of the charts.

But of course the system is 100% accurate in hindsight ( as every other system is ) but trading it live is a 100% different story.

Gratulations to those 1% buyers who understand the system,

the other 99% have to live with the accusation that they are either too stupid or too lazy.

Blaming the customers seems to work in this case.

Too bad for the customers, but well ....

Hennessy knows how to keep the money and that is an ability he mastered much better than teaching his system.

:)

Thanks muhhatta for the nice explanation. I totally agree that trading is not an if A do B activity. It needs watching Price Action, reading Chart Patterns, S/R, Fibo etc and doing home work apart from proper MM and psychology to come up profitable in Trading. But this system takes the complexity to a whole new level. To the level that the interpretations becomes very very subjective and personal. Not sure if this is because the author has done a bad job in explaining or if the system itself is supposed to be that way. In the end the whole question boils down to, "is it worth it". I understand that the S.T.A.R might be for the 2% advance technical analyzer, but are the 2% the successful ones :-).

As a matter of fact, S.T.A.R trading system is an advance system.

Those of you that are hate to analyze the chart would say the same complain all the time. But if you fully understand the Elliot Wave theory and applying it in your trading decision/price projection would understand my point.

Lets dig down to elaborate what its means by ADVANCE SYSTEM;

S.T.A.R, as an advance system, is not a AB=CD system which is favor by newbie, it is not if A you do B, it is not a push button and cring system. As an advance system, again, it requires a thoroughly understanding and observation on the price movements whereas S.T.A.R theory leads you to decide/predict where the price is heading. Thus, S.T.A.R can not solely be used to make a decision on the market without taking your trading ability to advance level.

Understanding the way S.T.A.R system works requires a thoroughly understanding of Elliot Wave Theory. As you have a clear perspective on EW as well as Fibo, then you will view STAR differently.

As an advance subject, EW and FIBO has long been accepted as an incredible tool to assist in trading making decision. If you have been heavily applying EW and Fibo in analyzing price movement you will understand my point. Ones could easily find incredibly match of EW and Fibo level with price movement/retrace, yet one could not solely relying his/her trading decision on only EW/Fib. Because EW and Fibo is not a switch to enter/exit the market, despite their accuracy in projecting the future price movements.

Applying EW will judge the current price position in price future projection related to the Wave. Analyzing EW will forewarn you of the probable price direction, yet still require confirmation. Ex; If the bars unfold to this level then the price projection will explode to this direction then I should sharply observe the bars. Otherwise, if this then this (you see why i said ANALYZING)

Applying Fibo retrace and expand will tell you that if the price retrace to x level then price explosion will reach this level (again ANALYZING). You see, Fibo precision is directing you to the probable price future projection. But in execution you still required to follow the price movement.

Same like STAR, one should view it as an ADVANCE as EW and Fibo. In a whole, STAR is analyzing system. If you master it, then you would be able, as the STAR said, to precisely judge the top/bottom of price explosion without even wait for the 3EMAS cross back/retrace. You would been able to pick the Top/Bottom.

Therefore, I am not merely suggest you all to learn EW and Fibo deeply. What I'd like to suggest is that one should try (once a while during their AB=CD system) to apply EW and Fibo. The more you find their precision, the more you get excited then I should not have to tell you to learn EW and Fibo deeply, you would seek and learn the theory by your self.

Once you applying EW and Fibo in your trading decision making, you would easily understand the concept behind STAR and you would view STAR from different perspective then. As you view STAR from different angle, you would understand why STAR said 100% accurate.

Finally, I have to stress that STAR, as an advance analyzing system, is a perfect analyzing system. Therefore, those of you that hate to analyze chart and accustomed to if AB then you do CD, S.T.A.R Trading system might be not suitable for you as 98% web visitor said.

Final thought, S.T.A.R might be just for the rest 2% advance technical analyzer

As a matter of fact, S.T.A.R trading system is an advance system.

Those of you that are hate to analyze the chart would say the same complain all the time. But if you fully understand the Elliot Wave theory and applying it in your trading decision/price projection would understand my point.

Lets dig down to elaborate what its means by ADVANCE SYSTEM;

S.T.A.R, as an advance system, is not a AB=CD system which is favor by newbie, it is not if A you do B, it is not a push button and cring system. As an advance system, again, it requires a thoroughly understanding and observation on the price movements whereas S.T.A.R theory leads you to decide/predict where the price is heading. Thus, S.T.A.R can not solely be used to make a decision on the market without taking your trading ability to advance level.

Understanding the way S.T.A.R system works requires a thoroughly understanding of Elliot Wave Theory. As you have a clear perspective on EW as well as Fibo, then you will view STAR differently.

As an advance subject, EW and FIBO has long been accepted as an incredible tool to assist in trading making decision. .....

Same like STAR, one should view it as an ADVANCE as EW and Fibo. In a whole, STAR is analyzing system. If you master it, then you would be able, as the STAR said, to precisely judge the top/bottom of price explosion without even wait for the 3EMAS cross back/retrace. You would been able to pick the Top/Bottom.

Once you applying EW and Fibo in your trading decision making, you would easily understand the concept behind STAR and you would view STAR from different perspective then. As you view STAR from different angle, you would understand why STAR said 100% accurate.

Finally, I have to stress that STAR, as an advance analyzing system, is a perfect analyzing system. Therefore, those of you that hate to analyze chart and accustomed to if AB then you do CD, S.T.A.R Trading system might be not suitable for you as 98% web visitor said.

Final thought, S.T.A.R might be just for the rest 2% advance technical analyzer

Your points about STAR supertradesystem being an analytical trading system are well taken.

I agree as well as disagree with some of the other points. First I would say that you are not correct about needing to know EW and or Fibo to use STAR. If you look around and find the things the author says you should see that he is right about the flaw in TA being the actual candles that give you the ability to use indicators. The indicators can only work sometimes because the speed of the market interacts with the timeframe you pick at random and they may not match at that market movement. So TA is just too random unless there is a way to work it at the speed of the market.

This thing is just step by step mechanical process. Its kinda funny that you mention AB=CD type of system because that is really exactly what this is. Even so I understand how it could be looked at as something beyond. That is just because its accuracy is derived right out of the markets own complexities. As the author states it the numerical relationships which make EW and Fibo work are what makes this work. So then it means that the market will not be able to fool the system. That still means analyze like you say. Not push button at all. But rule following and sequences of process are for sure.

I am definitely not one of those 2% like you say but the rules seem very clear and easy to follow. Definitely better than beating head against the market.

Let me see if I can describe some of it differently. I do not think I can make it any simpler than it already is but different wording might help.

It is a contrarian system to get in early on a new trend. So this means bottom and top picking which is normally dangerous but the accuracy of getting the right reversal instead of only a continuation pullback is what makes it the perfect analysis method (imo).

As author puts it the system method is to match the speed of the market move to be able to let the market get you the settings for the reversal signal.

Even though there are specific rules and criteria for each step this is the overview for how you use STAR.

So you use the first tool, the 13-68, to make sure you have traits which are defined. When that matches up and all the traits are there you can check for the signal. At this point you are at a place where there is enough evidence that a trend reversal may take place. Those are identified as pullbacks until checked for the signal which says if it is just a correction and the trend keeps going or its a real reversal.

To check for the signal you again use the 13-68 to find a MA crossover nearest to the place where the pullback against the trend stopped and a retracement began to head back in trend direction again. Whichever the crossover nearest there is will be a value and that gives the setting for the next tool which is the x-factor signal tool.

You just combine that value with the timeframe you are on to get the right x-factor tool. That is a template loaded up like if you were on M30 timeframe and the crossover is green then you load the x-std (which is 1.00) template on the M30 timeframe.

That will show the reading and it is certain things which the indicator does that give you the meaning of a reversal or just a continuation. In other words there is a trade criteria that must be matched in order to take the trades.

This gives the entry and the exit is the same method used as the trade develops and the current move of the trade becomes exhausted.

So you notice that none of that used any EW or Fibo.

The traits seem to be where most questions come from. This should not be so because again there are step by step sequence to follow.

As you check through a chart for a pair that you want to trade you begin looking for a set of traits that is nearly complete or perhaps all the way complete. This is because this method is going to fire on an exhausted trend so even a 1 minute setup can extend 2 days.

How you check the traits is like this. There is an obvious beginning to the trend on the left. If the market was going down before that and a clear new trend started going up then the place of that trend change is your Main Pivot. Now you look to the right of the main pivot and see what is there.

Using the 13-68 template there will be at the chosen main pivot a reorientation to the new trend by all the MA on the chart. So the example is a main pivot low. The reorienting of the MA will make them now all be pointing up following price. See picture for example.

The reorientation matters just for the thicker MA and these have to achieve period setting order. That is the slower MA would need to be below the faster MA in the uptrend.

This condition is called period orientation and it needs to be in this MA setting order for the beginning section of the new trend. This first section where all MA are trend ordered is called the prime stage.

After this is accomplished there will come a challenge to the new trend which is not successful, only resulting finally as a correction and later the trend resumes for the second stage. The MA movements are used as criteria and this is how to interpret many possible shapes that the correction can cause. This criteria is defined in whole by the term Flip because this is the resulting effect on the thicker MA that is achieved in this correction.

The flip is when the thicker MA get countertrend of the GOLD thicker MA, just called 'gold' and the gold itself turns countertrend by 1 pip minimum. So the example has the prime stage showing that the MA are up. Then the correction is enough to cause a flip of the thicker MA which now will be orienting the opposite way to some extent and this will appear to us as instead of gold being below all the other thick MA it will be above them at some point.

It is a sequence where each of the thick MA other than gold get below the gold. This will not all need to be at the same time. Finally the gold itself will need to turn down by 1 pip at least. Note that an exact same value as gold counts as getting countertrend of gold. Some flips are shallow and some are deep. The example shows a deep one.

Any time there is more than one of these flips to the right of the main pivot this is a non-matching setup. There can be only one flip in a properly speed matched setup. Adjusting the timeframe will be needed and possibly this will also need to begin from a different main pivot to accomplish a matching setup with only one flip. This is the search which is the only real work for the use of STAR.

Then the correction is over and the original uptrend continues on and eventually moves the price to beyond where the flip causing correction began. In addition the period orientation to the thick MA becomes that of the uptrend once more.

At this place the second stage is in place. After those two criteria are met, the price above the prime stage and the bullish period orientation, the next trait is sought.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/-trait-set-layout.gif

to be continued...

Edited by retry99
add a picture i got

Dear Retry99,

That was a nice elaboration yet still sounded like the manual of STAR. Following are my detail points.

(If any of you haven't read the manual would be hard to understand this post, if you have read it but still confuse this probably could loosen your mind)

Like Fxeasy5 state, the source of the emerging complaints was from the way Tom explain the system on his manual. The system is based on advance analysis but Tom try hard to convince us that it is just AB=CD yet the whole paragraph are mixed with

1. Statements/theory based on advance analysis like Elliot, Fibo level or S/R and

2. This is AB=CD. As the result; Readers mind keep asking why and why thus the whole concept is hard to accept and hard to see the whole picture. One has to admit that in any system, the concept is based on other concept to build the system.

Clearly observed that Tom is completely master his system from years of research but failed to make his reader understand. Tom should have planted from the very beginning that his system is based on advance precise analysis but to make it easy I have created for you a path to be follow (actually he mentioned it several time but less stressed).

Mastering any subject is different when it comes to explaining it to others. Remember that some of the, so called, guru out there even hire a good writer when they wanted to publish any creation.

Copywriting is totally different, a subject need to be neatly and gradually arranged. Especially a system, one brick should be based on the prior brick, and when the prior brick failed to develop, the system becomes unclear since the reader need to see the whole picture. Although from the owner himself, the whole picture already in his mind, thus seeing his writing in any order will just clear.

STAR system, for me, required the reader to re-read the manual at least 3 times.

The first reading will give you an outline of the whole picture.

The second reading will start to give you understanding thus some question began to emerge. Therefore you need to open the page back and forth to synchronize your understanding (you should better print it as it would be hard to synchronize your understanding from page to page back and forth).

In the third reading you would be able to summarize the steps as clearly as possible by separating the simple AB=CD steps from advance analysis background.

Remember that I said the whole paragraph are mixed between advance material and his intention to convince AB=CD.

Based on the above paragraph, Tom should have written the manual gradually

Finally, Tom should hire a good copywriter to clear his system. This step will, IMO, spare his hard time to lessen the mass of complaint. Tom should have realized that the majority of System-seeker is newbie to trading who are in the process of jumping from system to system, thus any incapable of understanding always leads to complaint to this Great System.

On the other hand, those of your success reader (understand the system) have finally too busy to help you with any counter testimonials.

Admit this; the majority of forum reader or even active posters in STAR Member Forum are newbie in learning stage. Those successes Trader is rarely return to the Forum where he/she initially learned.

But, I realize that some of the so called success indeed returns once a while to help the new learners.

MY BIG APPRECIATION for them who returns once a while.

muhhatta, I'm not saying that my outline is any better than the manual. I am just lending some different wording to those who have expressed confusion.

I do not think that the manual has any more problems than any other text style explanations of technical processes have. You have a different approach here where you are critical of the manual. Yet your example of how the manual should have been written was definitely not any easier, even for me who has a full understanding and trades the system to great effect and profit.

So the task is not so easy as you think.

I think that there is a problem here that some may be overlooking. This is a revolutionary method and who said that the author should attempt to get your understanding on point a and point b?

His job is to convey the exact steps to follow and he has done it. If you want to analyze why and how that is your business but me I just followed the steps and it works and I don't care how it works.

I will post the rest of my own wording soon because I only got to post some of it but I got to tell you guys that some of the questions in the forum were just plain trying to pull apart things that don't need pulling apart. Just follow the steps. sheesh!

If you can write your own system then you got something to write a manual for. But if not then you follow someone else's system. I don't know maybe it is just me but the steps clearly have absolutely NOTHING to do with any MENTION of fibbo or EW and yet you have it mixed in with your clarification and it doesn't belong there because it is not needed to follow the steps.

So unless I am off base you are adding things that were not required and to me that is just evidence that this is the reason for confusion on your part because if you follow the steps just like they are layed out there is no confusion.

Like you said a system is a brick on another brick. Straight up, that is all it is. If I see something like a comment about theory in the middle and it is not a step I need to follow I don't worry if it doesn't sink in because I know it is just not one of the things I have to do. I only jot down the steps I am going to do and then when it says trade I trade.

I already could see that this is a system that has great potential even though I don't know how in the world the thing was developed or working. I trusted my own eyes and experience but I trusted the developer more because I couldn't come up with anything better.

If you get an EA and it says it only trades opening Gaps do you question why or try to understand how it works or do you just expect that it will be doing its job on Sunday night?

The attitude of distrust about forex systems is there because of so many pieces of s.h.i.t but yet we are still looking for a system to come along. Isn't that a giveaway that we do trust that it will come out? So the statements by some in the thread and all over other forums that the authors would never sell a good system and if they are selling one it must be crap and that they only sell them because they can't trade only say that we must all be idiots because we keep looking in the forums for a new system.

There may be a lot of junk out there but if you look at what this guy does it is nothing like what the other ones do. This guy writes a new rule for EW and gives it away. Do you know anyone else that can write a new rule for EW?

I'll just follow his system - I won't worry about how it works.

Once again, well writen and I agree with you.

Now if you could post a setup as it comes along.... What time frames you generally trading the STAR method? Do you participate with the others in the members area and watch or contribute to the setup page?

Edited by juicyt

It is funny that even those who understand the system disagree.

But please don´t stop discussing and explaining the system in your own words because the author

is not able to teach his own system properly.

I am glad that you came here and shed new light on the system instead of telling those who gave up that they are only too stupid or too lazy.

It is not always the pupils fault. I remember there were pupils who had very bad grades but when a new teacher

came, suddenly their grades were very good. Some teachers just are incapable to teach.