S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest, I'm skeptical too. what I see is that the system is expensive and there is no chance to understand it. ebooks are not well done. we must also pay $ 25 every week without being sure to understand it at the end. read "forex peace army" and you will see that old menbers of the chart room are not convinced of the effectiveness of the system as it may be so discretionary. there is always a good reason to explain failure.

In fact no one has ever shown that it worked by a statement or myfxbook or anything else.

then what should we think about it ?

it is 25 a month

and 267 for the Ebook

what u get for that is

unlimited support from Tom and all the other members

access to the online watchlist where We post all the setups we find and where we correct everyone if someone made a mistake

Access to live chat where we talk about the setups we did post in the watchlist

the Ebook is stil the old version as far as i know but some criteria's did evolve in time

u can read all about it in the STAR Forum

like the newly added 52's templates and the CSA setups who give us lots of setups

the Good of this system

it is very accurate if u follow the rules exactly

very good risk reward

trading together with other members who think alike

and always try to help each other

cos the more people we get the more setups we can follow

lots of setups but sometimes it takes some time for them to start to run

the Bad

it takes lots of analyzing in the beginning when u are not yet experienst

the smallest mistake in any of the criteria's can give a bad outcome thats why we always dubble tripple check all the setups

we use a specific Alpari Broker where we know it has the most accurate Data

and trust me there is a LOT of difference in Data

thats why u guys already find setups here who sometimes differ from each other

because it takes lot of analyzing at takes a lot of time

but u can afcourse let us do the analyzing ad just copy the trades from the watchlist

about the added CSA and 52's way of trading can only be used if u fully understand the system

i see that people in here already have problems with just finding a good flip and dont know how or when a Cut sould start

while it is clearly stated in the Ebook

and my native Language is not english and i understanded it after reading it several times

in the beginning we diddnt have a live chat and a online watchlist

tom did call me 2 times in skype to help me personaly and he did do that to others also

he is maybe not the best teacher in simpely explaining stuff but he is very patience honest and nice guy

as i already told a few times this system is maybe the hardest to learn but ones u know it it wil give u the most confidant feeling when u place a trade

i asure u when u try to learn this system for some time and u start to begin to understand the always returning pattern we follow

and then u put the system away because u got tired of analyzing

and u start looking arround for different simple systems just to find the holy grail

maybe u going to learn Eliot wave but after a while getting tired of counting all the waves and subwaves

then u going to learn fibonassi but getting tired about when is a support line really supporting and why is this the fib level broken and the other not

also u going to look at breakout system and reversal system and starting to think is this really the point where it is going to reverse or going to continue

and then maybe some light in your head is going turn on and your subconsciousness is putting every thing together and then

u say i did do this before i had some system where u almost could see the Waves and where it was clearly stated that THIS will be the point where the market is going to reverse

then u wil come back

and think Damm this whole journey finding the perfect system was a WAST OF TIME

i already did have it all the time

Talk to u guys later in the Chat :)

good luck all

Edited by freakgib

I agree with you, but I'm still skeptical about the claims of the system. That's what I want to master the system before buying it. If it works as advertised then I'll be glad to buy it and support the creator, and I'm sure other people too.

Regards

I second you, mate. I too think if it's worth as its supporters say, the developer does deserve the money, as this is the philosophy of this forum. To my shame, I have to admit that although highly interested, for other reasons I haven't committed myself enough to study it properly. I hope to do it in the next future and report my own good impression about it.

Ok this is going to be a rant and might sound disorganized but bear with me.

I think the idea that $267 plus $25 per month for a forex trading system like this one as being something expensive is not an idea that can be taken seriously.

If this is to be your business then you must treat it like a business and there will be expenses in any business.

I have seen forex memberships that are $100 / month and offer nothing but drivel. No system at all just the usual technical babel, maybe this or maybe that, market will go up down or sideways and thank you for your payment.

Are you kidding me? This is DIRT cheap my friends.

Now about the system's explanation and the corrections and additional tools and beefed up criteria on the forum...

If you have made it this far then you know that trading is not easy. That is because the market is not easy. So here we have a system that drops from heaven upon us that actually has the capability to give super trades with such low drawdown and we whine about how the author is some kind of i d i o t or scheister.

Sorry but I do not think he is altogether too s t u p i d for putting some material on a protected site. I don't think he is to be faulted for the explanation not being perfect. I don't think this is the real issue but instead the real issue is do you have the mental toughness required to get a handle on it. Some things which are at the apex of the world are not easy to learn.

How many have seen the intense capability even if not fully grasping the details?

Believe me it is just step 1 step 2 and so on plus each step has details you need to learn. If you did not get to the end yet it is your own mind's undisciplined approach freezing you and you can disagree but you have many others saying the same. Even when juicyt tried to write a simpler book he came out saying he really didn't change much at all because it isn't that hard afterall.

We should put this baby to bed!

Speaking of babies do we really want to fall into comparing ourselves to or taking advice from the noobs at FPA?

Honestly and no disrespect if you find $267 expensive you should probably not be trading but I hope you do well and make it big. But compare around what investing programs and systems really cost and you will find it is a steal like wades-world said.

I may be too impatient but if this is the only discussion we can come up with then I may not hang around to offer encouragement and help.

I really think that those who are serious are turning a corner for the better. Like muhatta said very well that it is just not enough to say 'I don't get it" but those who are going for an elite Russian jet fighter or American navy seal do not sit in class and say that (not for long). But they DO sit in class and study very intently - and then they get to go out on manuevers. :-?

I encourage you to be tough. Yes ask questions. If some of the material is on the forum I am not sorry because it does seem that if all is handed for free it is devalued and not taken seriously. Since I like this business I like for my colleagues and associates to be capable and if the good tools get treated like mud because all the rest of the junk out there then the free access didn't get you anything and that would bother me.

I said that I wouldn't hand out stuff from the forum because I support the owner but I did not bring up another reason why. I would not want to jeopardize my membership there. It is that valuable to me. I honestly would kick myself if I were the cause of losing it. Believe me one trade from there can set you up pretty.

rant over

Nice rant from both of you. [freakgib and retry99]. I'll back you guys up on that any day of the week. I surely hope that the few [David,freakgib,muhhatta,retry99,alright] people helping the sincere few wanting to learn, like myself, will not listen to the majority of beginners that are not doing their due diligence by reading the material and leave. I for one can honestly say that having your guidance is paramount to my learning the complete system. And if it comes down to it and any of you do decide to leave this thread that you would PM me so that I may continue asking questions that I may have. Please consider it.

A huge thank you to all the people that are trying to help us understand this. I have looked to see if anybody has posted a win/loss rate with this in both threads. I have not found anything. Would like to know if somebody is really trading this with success and what seems to be there win/loss rate. Thank you

Due to request here is the S.T.A.R System, is the last time I upload it. I've added the videos, support documents, and a 28 pairs profile. It has multiple mirros with link protection. Please make more mirrors.

http://lix.in/-a3fbea

Regards

Thanks for the profile addition. I'm afraid your links are already gone. Probably the best way is to share via PM now.

This is a private torrent cache that I have not used in the past so let me know if it is working properly for everyone. And if it is be sure that you are seeding for everyone else. The only people getting this hash is us so seed seed seed.

http://torrage.com/torrent/1231C3276DC6E8AA2B2CDDFF9E97F3AB1DEFDE3C.torrent

P.S. The more people that seed the faster the download...I just tried it and is working. This ought to end any deleted links problem. This version is the same one that Counde posted......ENJOY....

Edited by wades-world

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6168/chartc.gif

David & the other experts could you check out this chart and mention the reason the trade was stopped out, my analysis was obviously incorrect but i cant tell where.

I've marked the stages ..... main pivot ---->period oreientation ---->ribbon flip------>cut -----> trend exhaustion ----->pullback analysis ------> long entry ------>stopped out

many thx

Edited by hermanhess

I agree with Duke,

What would really be great is if the author comes out of the shadow and answers these questions. As I'm sure a product on its own and quality would sell itself. Many of us have been scorn by useless product. Many here would just download and move to the next product or method at hand never learning in a never ending cycle. But with so many good feedback from veterans. I would not hesitate to buy this product if its worth it. Let's hear from Tom H.

Although I am usually of the old school that says, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true." But I have read enough good feedbacks about this system to be willing to pay and check this out.

But before I take the plunge, can I ask those who are in the pay-per-month premium member section, is the author's claim of nearly 100% accuracy for the Primary Trade Signal really true? Is there any catch? For example, is it very rare to see such a signal? Or is it very difficult to get right (or easy to get a wrong signal)?

On average, how many valide Primary Trade Signals do you see triggered on the watch-list per month? and do they almost always succeed?

If the near 100% accuracy claim is for real, and this system has been in the market now for over 2 years, then this is truly amazing. Despite the difficulty of learning this, I am willing to try.

Thanks in advance for any feedbacks from experienced Super traders here.

David & the other experts could you check out this chart and mention the reason the trade was stopped out, my analysis was obviously incorrect but i cant tell where.

I've marked the stages ..... main pivot ---->period oreientation ---->ribbon flip------>cut -----> trend exhaustion ----->pullback analysis ------> long entry ------>stopped out

many thx

Hermanhess, that setup (in watchlist it would be Gbp/Jpy M15 < 4/28 {the < means Hi mp}) has a problem because it has 2 flips. Of course a valid setup must only have 1 flip.

The area from 4/29 to 5/2 and also 5/3 to 5/4 both are valid flips.

I imagine that for the first area you may have thought that because the complete band of thick sma did not get onto upper side of gold until after the flip causing price move was over that it didn't count. (i.e. by the 5/2 11:30 bar which ended the price action high of that move the lime green sma had not made it over gold sma yet)

That is not the correct way to view it if that was what you did. In the forum there are topics to magnify all kinds of different aspects of how various price action oddities would be interpreted. In this case it would be the one about the "Shadow of the Flip" and there is a whole topic called "Ribbon Flip Review".

The operation of the indicators of course being lagged creates the shadow area and is anywhere to the right of the price where the flip move starts. The sma need to do their thing before price goes beyond that flip start and the sma action is what matters, not the end of the countertrend price action.

Additionally it should be noted that you may have more than 1 flip inside this shadow area and it would only count as 1 flip.

Had this not had the 2 flips and taking the second flip as the only one (as you marked up) then there was not a valid cut. This also invalidated that setup since it turns into a flip. All in all this was just not meant to be for the 15 minute.

The cut criteria on the forum has been set and is no longer a description. The cut needs to be where the thin gold ema crosses the thick red sma. That is much better than before and the Move After Cut is another very good improvement in terms of being well refined with an exact way to measure it.

Edited by retry99

many thx

Dear Herman,

Despite retry99 cool explanation, I can see that you began to get the point of traits. Its good to find picture of Retry99 to compare the form.

In simple word the form of a full traits set from main pivot to trend extreme is more like a zig zag, the first leg is MP and the other leg is trend extreme. The second line (that retrace) between the leg is the flip while before the end of the second leg would be interrupted by a little retrace (not causing flip) called cut.

Imaging that and the next step is just to confirm whether certain traits is valid or not

Keep trying

Numbers of triggered trades

Addition to Retry99 post, I would not jeopardize my valuable membership on STAR Premium. Its not just my membership that so valuable but the Chat and the Watch list where we work together and share setup. We are here for those of them that are willing to help themselves (and honestly I am expecting them to contribute to Premium forum later)

Therefore, I (we) could only share the thing that are belongs to my self (my knowledge on STAR).

I am not in support that Tom's copyright was dispersed illegally among the forum but to me (personally), this is just my personal opinion, this could bring advantages to Him (especially us in the Premium Forum) as this action could guide those of you who are deserve to be SUPERTRADERS. Additionally, material that dispersed just about 30% of the whole system.

So if that 30% has made you all the time saying "I didn't get it" why bother asking the rest 70% since all additional material were based on that 30% (Primary setup).

Indeed I have mentioned the number of current setup on the watch list but not in the exact number but regarding to number of triggered trade, to me I am a little bit doubt to release the exact number of triggered trades. But I remembered that I have read someone's post (probably Tom) on the other forum (maybe FPA) about the number of triggered trades since 2009 to 2010. On average, maybe about 15 trades a month.

But to my conclusion, I found that sometimes (about 1 of 3 trades) we post the trade on the chat but have a little time to post it on the watch list especially the short term since we need to react to the setup since it was nearly triggered. For the medium term probably we have enough time to prepare.

And sometimes if I were not on my Notebook for I while and suddenly return and load the chat history of the day, I found the guys have already talking about a setup. I jumped in to find out whether I could catch up the train.

Cheers

I LOVE MONDAY,,,

Like muhatta said there is quite a bit you do not have without access. I think that just the ebook can be enough to learn the system but that does not seem to be the norm for everyone.

I found this on the forum and it sort of gives a reason why some things might need more breakout of various details:

"The STAR Technique accuracy depends upon correct LOCATION for taking Signal Readings.

Only Trends with completed trait sets which we give specific definitions to give us

a BASIS for doing pullback evaluations which lead to the signal reads.

We won't just take signal reads with the x-factor charts anywhere. That will lead to false signals because the indicators in and of themselves do not have the ability to measure the exhaustion of a trend.

They do a remarkable job in the right place but a complete system is required for this.

These location techniques are so VERY simple, yet it fascinates me how the tiniest requirement will create another LOGICAL requirement.

Like when we have a reversal of a long running trend and there is a Main Pivot. The thing that this does is roll the indicators over to follow the new direction. But timeframe and template combination (or, your speed of analysis) will perhaps cause a flip over of those indicators shortly afterward. The lag of the indicator has created a logical need to look at the bar movement AND the indicator movement and reckon them together as a move and decide if there is anything additional going on at that speed or if it is just a simple turn.

Well that has to be handled and defined. It is really those LOGICAL ramifications where questions or complexity come into play.

To adequately describe them adds a bit more complexity. But they do remain SIMPLE as well as repetitive. After sorting out these implied complications in the mind, it then returns once again to a simple layout and procedure for practical application. This is the way new information comes to us and there is no getting around it.

The complete trait set is laid out below...."

(and then the post continues listing traits and with links to in-depth discussion of those ramifications of the traits)

So all in all I find that I completely agree that this is a Simple and Effective system as Tom states on his website. I think that if someone struggles then the answers are available. When I first picked it up it sank in pretty good but afterwards I was still plugging in new concepts or at least they were new to me.

There is another spot on the forum where there is a comparison to how much easier this is compared to all the stuff traders go through to learn about trading. It is pretty thorough and funny and it encourages traders to give themselves a break if it is a bit of work to learn this new thing.

The idea was that traders were attempting to just snap this new tool to their existing trading toolbelt but that it is not meant to blend with those techniques because it is completely different and gives different results (my paraphrasing).

So on that I would also agree and encourage you to take it as a new approach that just will not blend and needs to be learned. We want different results right?

muhatta: "I love Mondays" Hahaha :))

Thanks for the information, guys! Looks like this system is worth another try. Bought it in 2008, but can't remember why I didn't put it to use.

Are the additions available in the owner forum or only in the premium area?

The additional info are on the owner forum.

If you got it in 2008 and haven't checked the forum you probably have missed some clarifications that were put up that remain critical IMO.

The right data feed is critical. There are things which tell you what to do for things known as swingout and wraparound of the indicators that are critical too because they are able to change the outcome of the evaluations and if you didn't know them you could unnecessarily lose money.

One other critical piece was an actual change to the rules when the huge credit crisis of late 2008 sent the markets into panic and caused some setups to become unbalanced. The change has worked and requires the signal to only be valid for non-PTS for those situations. Now these are just a routine check.

Not only will these things keep you from losing money but the new setups and signals help to make money. So once again it sure is a drop in the bucket compared to not having all the right info.

BTW on the other thread I put up a setup for Aus/Usd M5 that was not in the watchlist yet.

Edited by retry99