Ocean Theory indis from TSD elite

udc

Dr. ELDER meets SLOMAN and they decide to listen to LEVINE's Advice

1. Let a trend initiate in the longer time frame

CONDITION----1. the TXPOS crosses over the TXNEG and the TXPOS crosses over its upper SDBAND and TXNEG crosses below its Lower SDBAND asking you to go long

2. The BTX1 crosses over its upper SDBAND asking you to trade the first oppurtunity

3. NMA(Fast) and NMA(reg) are bullishly aligned

ENTRY------( keeping in mind the entry of ADAM THEORY) in Lower Time frame find a clearing of foothill pattern as detailed by LEVINE's Notes (Free on WEB)

Initiate your trade at the first test of MIDAS SUPPORT and keep the previous Pivot Low as stop loss

Be sure to plot the N-OBV(posting code below) and ensure that the VOLUME is driving in favour of the long trade ( I prefer to see a positive divergence at the last price low)

EXIT------- once the trade fires off use the Topfinder to fit to a one degree lower Eliot Wave pullback than the one you are trading by incorporating the suitable volume

Let the trade run till Topfinder boils down to 100%

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Code for N-OBV

//

SetBarsRequired(sbrAll);

sd = ParamDate("Input Date","2009-11-06",0);

st=ParamTime("input time","9:30",0);

dn = DateNum();

tn=TimeNum();

start = dn == sd AND tn==st;

mp = OBV();

PV = OBV();

CV = ***(1);

VSS = CV - ValueWhen( start, CV );

denom = IIf( VSS == 0, 1, VSS );

num = ***( PV ) - ValueWhen( start, ***( PV ) );

M = IIf( BarsSince( start ), num/denom, mp );

startloop=EndValue(ValueWhen(dn == sd AND tn==st,BarIndex()));

Bar=0;

SS=0;

for (i=startloop+1;i<BarCount;i++)

{

Bar=(M+(i-startloop-1)*Bar[i-1])/(i-startloop);

SS=((M^2)+(i-startloop-1)*SS[i-1])/(i-startloop);

SD=sqrt(SS-(Bar^2));

}

SDBANDU1=IIf( BarsSince( start ),M+SD,mp);

SDBANDU2=IIf( BarsSince( start ),M+2*SD,mp);

SDBANDU3=IIf( BarsSince( start ),M+3*SD,mp);

SDBANDL1=IIf( BarsSince( start ),M-SD,mp);

SDBANDL2=IIf( BarsSince( start ),M-2*SD,mp);

SDBANDL3=IIf( BarsSince( start ),M-3*SD,mp);

Plot( m, "n-obv", ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );

//

(Coded by me for AMI)

Wildeazoscar, now you talking! Excellent =D>

When you say you are using offline data off the exchange, does that mean that you are not actually trading with the real-time charts? So what you do is you download data from the exchange, make charts of them, apply your indicators, do your technical analysis and based on that you open/close/adjust your trading positions and that's it and you go doing something else until in specified interval you repeat the whole process? What instruments are you actually trading then? Commodities?

Have you chosen Amibroker because that's what your broker uses? But why don't you use your broker's data feed? Is it that bad (or the data directly from the exchange is that better)?

Importing external data into offline Metatrader charts is possible and if not directly I can make some conversion tool for you. Well, I should probably start from where you are now, i.e. to get on my screen what you currently have on your screen. That way the transition from Amibroker to Metatrader would be the easiest. Could you advice me where should I get Amibroker from and how to install it to make it look and work as close as possible to your installation? Could you also provide me with some sample of the data you are using or the download link in case it's freely available?

UDC

I can send you my offline data in your mail as an attachment

No--- i do not analyse market on real time----- I use the hourly chart for determining my entry and exit points and simply modify them in my Client

I basically day trade equities during the earnings season and invest in trades spanning from 3 months -2 years during the other period ( in case of investments, I do not use anything lower than daily time frame)

AMIBROKER ( cracked version) is freely available in 4shared.com and other hosting sites------ kindly let me know if i should be sending you the link

I am able to download data for the Exchange I trade from Google in Metatrader, but then again, it is for fifteen days only------ while my offline database has a provision for an year at least

Accepting database from the broker is a strict no no for me as I consider myself , basically, a Volume Trader ( i.e. either my Screening or my entry or exit is guided by volume----- the other two being controlled by Price pattern and Volatility models, to avoid multicolinearilty)----- as such AMIBROKER has a pretty fast looping procedure and I found it pretty easy to pick up its coding which is very akin to C

The vendor's data, everywhere, has the basic problem of erroneous Volume Data ( as they can not distinguish between institutional and retail trades)------ in COMMODITIES market, i do not consider anything apart from the COT DATA supplied by CFTE worth considering ( as they reflect very narrow views of particular exchanges)------ again trading the COT DATA has a pitfall from a nation outside USA------ u must always keep an eye on the DOLLAR INDEX of the NATION you are trading from and adjust COMMODITY prices accordingly------ i personally remember a scenario when i shorted GOLD at an INTERNATIONAL MARKET TOP and was horrified to find the WORLD MARKET melt down but the Indian Market rally simply because of fall of INR

Regards-----

Yeah, most instruments are quoted in USD so their price is affected not only by supply and demand for that particular instrument but also by the development in USD itself. If gold goes up it may be because of higher demand for gold, or simply because USD got weaker (lost its value). Now if you trade it in other than USD currency that's even another factor in play. Forex is simpler, there are just 2 currencies in a pair. What's funny is that in fact Forex is not really simpler at all. One of the analytical software I developed (commercial, so I can't even show a screen-shot) measures all trade-able currency pairs traded on Forex (it makes something like a matrix with all possible mutual combinations, weighting what progress each of them does and converting that to some comparable values, eventually reversing the development back into particular currencies) and it's actually interesting to see what development in other currencies is related to a development in some particular pair. Sometime I have it running on one of my screens, just for fun, it's updated in milliseconds so you can see very precisely what's going on, and it's really interesting that sometimes if there is a move for example in EUR/USD then only EUR and USD are "responsible" for that move, but some other times the other at first thought totally unrelated currencies are moving as well. I imagine that's the money flow. Like the day before yesterday when NFP came out, there was a terrible fall in JPY's value, even bigger than in USD's. I suppose the players were selling JPY and buying EUR, even more than they were exchanging USD for EUR. But yet again I don't really understand these things, I am just a programmer, but nevertheless it's interesting to watch the market in this somewhat "decrypted" way.

Well, the way you do your analysis in Amibroker should really be do-able in Metatrader. Metatrader does have a volume field, however when using Forex data it represents the amount of ticks (how many times the quote changed) of given bar. But if your offline data contains real volume I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used that way. Then indicators like OBV will finally work the way they were supposed to.

Ok, I installed Amibroker 5.5, it seems it's working alright. Now could you please send me ([email protected]) some data to import and maybe also your indicators in .afl files so I could avoid all possible errors. The best would be if you could also send me the screen-shot of what am I supposed to see after correctly applying your data and your indicators. Then I will try to get the identical picture onto Metatrader so we can move forward.

UDC----

Trading FOREX has an inherent pitfall. The brokers out there are merely bucket/pawn shops and offer obscene level of leverage. It is a market in which the retail players can RARELY MAKE MONEY, leave alone a fortune by trend trading. You need to calculate all kind of hedges and slowly start trading like a fund manager ( which essentially means the death of an independent trader). An independent trader rarely plays with a very big portfolio, but consistently gets his bread and butter and hits more home runs than he needs. It is physically impossible to do so in a 24-hour market. (I may sound very prejudiced, but go back to Dr. Elder's book and read about the FOREX market. Combine it with Sloman's views available with STX timeframe in manyblessings where he clearly prefers a human over a machine for trading purposes)

As regards the data----- i am mailing it outright.

Regarding screenshots I am sending them over for MIDAS, but kindly do not use them for trading purposes as their launch points are VERY VERY SPECIFIC.

Regarding the afl...... you simply Copy Paste the parts within // and // and name the Indicators suitably

If it is at all possible, do translate a few Ocean Indicators in AFL. As i hate to write programs ( though i need to do with absolutely virgin ideas, I would love to incorporate the OCEAN INDICATORS in AMIBROKER

P.S.:--- Am using VIRTUALBOX and finding it much superior to VMWARE. Any one experienced in using PARALLEL

Wildeazoscar, I have received your e-mail, thanks.

You are right the Forex is a killer but it's not the market's fault. Also there is totally nothing wrong with brokers offering a leveraged trading. Normally to buy 100000 EUR you would be required to have 124037 USD. All what broker says is that you are not required to have that much, you need only 10 times, or 50 times, or 200 times, or even 1000 times less. But no one says you shouldn't have 124037 USD and instead have only those x times less. No one says that! It's the same as you are not required to have a job but no one says you shouldn't have one. You are not required to carry an umbrella when it's raining but no one says you shouldn't carry one. Brokers offer just a possibility how much you can leverage your trading but it's totally up to you and you only how much leverage you will actually use and if you use that possibility at all. There is no fault on the broker's side. It's only the people's s.t.u.p.i.d.ity, if they don't understand what leveraged trading is and do it anyway then they deserve no better than to lost all their money, to the last cent. It's like a money borrowing. You can borrow from here, from there, you can borrow a lot. But no one says you should borrow a lot. Now if you borrow that much that you can never ever pay it back and spend it in unproductive way then, well, then you are just plain and simple s.t.u.p.i.d and you deserve to lost everything and face the consequences to the rest of your life. A debt can a good thing if used wisely, the same as leveraged trading, the same as a fire. There as well is nothing wrong with bucket shops instead of real brokers. It doesn't matter at all that there is zero difference between a demo account and a "real" account and that people's supposed trades never reach any market because even when they think they really trade they in fact still just play a demo. There is nothing wrong with that and it doesn't matter at all, as long as the broker (or "broker") pays. So please don't blame people's endless s.t.u.p.i.d.ity on brokers or on anyone or anything else than on them themselves.

UDC-------

" as long as the broker (or "broker") pays"

Am not very sure about that and that is the reason i call them bucket/pawn shops (Dr. Elder was the first one to point that out, though)

As for another point, trading 24 hours market is tough for the trader---- who rips off profits on a sum that is not even .1% of a standard mutual fund.

Volume traders like me, prefer to be away from Forex market, unless they are into realtime trading ( too much work, for most)

I believe in a single principle----- work the least and earn the most-----

Waiting for response to my email

Regards

You call them bucket shops because that's what they are. They take money from the people and let them play on demo saying it's for real *. So if you manage to do a successful trade, they pay you. Otherwise they simply keep all the money. That's nothing new, you didn't discover America, nor it takes a doctorate to realize that, just a simple common sense. And there is totally nothing wrong with that, in fact they would be s.t.u.p.i.d if they tried to behave differently, if they actually tried to pass those trades to the market, let alone the impossibility because no one in the market would be interested in those ridiculously small trades from retail traders anyway. So those "brokers" take your money and keep it all and if you win a trade they pay you back. And sure they pay you, most of them do nowadays, why wouldn't they if the vast vast majority of traders loose everything anyway so why the brokers wouldn't pay those very very few who win? They still make an amazing profit anyway, for nothing, for totally nothing. Officially they are called market-makers, in reality all they do is absolutely nothing. Still there is nothing really wrong with that, it's a great business.

(* That's maybe a single dishonest thing, still very debatable because it doesn't have any real negative consequence. It's so little and so obvious lie like for example when the sellers fabricate those fake discounts. e.g. a product X: original price $100, now $39.99, 60% discount. Everyone with a healthy mind must realize that the product X has never ever been sold for $100. Everyone knows that, yet the sellers will keep doing this charade anyway and at the end why not? There is no real harm. The same is with this pretending that you are actually really trading on the market. You don't and it does not matter anyway, not a bit.)

Trading 24 hours market is tough? No one argues with that! Then don't do it, no one forces you to do it. But I repeat again: don't blame the market, don't blame the leverage, don't blame the brokers. All that is nonsense, none of that is a valid argument for a failure in trading. The only possible reason for fail is simply because you don't know how to be a successful trader in Forex, that's all, and if you are smart then you of course don't do what you are not good at and do something else instead, that's again just a common sense. If you are s.t.u.p.i.d then you do it anyway even though you know you don't know how to and then you deserve to lost everything.

So if you don't like Forex that's fine. If you don't know how to be a successful trader in Forex that's fine. You prefer trading other markets where you actually do know how to be successful? That's fine and the only logical thing to do, kudos to that. But don't use false arguments to explain why trading Forex is bad or why it shouldn't be traded and don't you ever again dare to say that it's impossible because saying that you spit on everyone who is trying to trade Forex, you spit on this whole forum. There do exist people who are successful in Forex trading and a much bigger crowd of people who are trying to get there too and you have no right to deny their success nor their effort nor to put them down. I don't consider myself a trader but even I feel offended by your comments, how must be feeling they whose effort you are negating? I hope you didn't mean it that way but please just read what you write before you hit the "reply" button. There are 38193 registered people on this forum, please be considerate with them. I may sound strong too sometimes but all what I am saying to people - and I am saying it for tens of years - is "don't be s.t.u.p.i.d, use your brain" but I would never try to discourage or even ridicule or put down anyone who is trying to do something just because I don't understand it or I wouldn't do it myself.

UDC------

I only wanted to point out why i do not trade FOREX.

As a trader, i had my bad days. And at the end I realised that rather than relying more upon strategies, if people are more concerned about their way of trading, it makes their day.

For example, say in the ocean theory, if one wants to blindly trade ZH and nothing else, all he needs to do is to find out the stock from the entire gamut he observes, and simply find out that stock which has produced the maximum number of consecutive bad trades. Then he should start martingaling and rip the riches.

Actually, what i feel is with a preliminary knowledge of trading, and a disciplined way to trade , 100% return per month is cakewalk. ( I know i would have people laughing thinking it as absurd, so let me point out the two iron disciplines involved----- you do not trade with a very big fund and rather than developing strategies, you learn how to use it).

Regarding FOREX, I should be pointing out, that the main market is determined through players who are no way related to Trading or Investment. To trade in an equity-FO market, i would consider someone with 1000 dollars perfectly equipped.

For trading anything more than 10000 dollars, one should shift to commodities.

For trading FOREX, one should begin with a minimum capital of 100000 dollars ( again, i am posting this beyond my knowledge, just calculated on a three currency study, that too a very basic one)

For me, doubling of 100000 dollars a month is an idea which leaves me in cold sweat.

I belong to a country where 1000 dollars per month is considered to be beyond imagination of 95% of the population.

And no need to get angry. Just tell me a basic thing. Are the people who are trying to get in the forex market actually able to earn 15-20% even on a consistent basis from the Equity-Futures market.

Just do a back check and let me know how many people who are trading very successfully in Equity and Commodities getting involved in FOREX market.

Now, let me point out a few positive things about the FOREX market.

1. It is the only market where the regular technical analysis tools fail, and they fail miserably. For example, any trade needs to be initiated in any market that is TRADED physically (i.e. with a volume) , which FOREX is not is loved by professionals at periods of dried up volatility. The few forex charts I checked in my life were enough to negate my views that low volatility begets high volatility holds in FOREX market. The three basics laws of physics ( namely Newtonian mechanics, Theory of Relativity and Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy which are held in equities and commodities market are more violated than held in FOREX markets). This is an inherent weakness of FOREX market which is actually its biggest strength.

2. Someone who is involved with the financial Industry ( who is obviously not a trader, but rather a fund manager or sort of----- the difference being a TRADER is independent and needs to work the least, to start with) needs to allocate huge amounts to a large number of markets. They essentially need to do an Intermarket Analysis involving all the Global Markets ( such analysis is very favorite of Traders, especially in the Golf Course or at the Bridge table, but I never found one who actually trades beyond doing such analysis. I personally can add here that the father figure of Intermarket Analysis John Murphy never traded beyond futures and commodities). Now, with an access to the Forex market, a sufficiently large fund may virtually assure that it would never get down below a certain percentage of their original value, simply by buying commodities at floors and selling them at ceilings and hedging out their positions through the Exchange related spreads. Spread trading and getting a decent return against a very big fund is the biggest merit of FOREX market. ( In equity market, however, it is going to kill you sooner or later, either through inflation or through uncontrollable volatility during price drops, which every economy witnesses).

3. Forex market is a trader's delight for a research work. Almost all my fellow traders, who are away from the market apart from the earnings season actively try to model out the perfect FX trading strategy. But then again, I never find them bold enough to trade FOREX, in spite of earning whatever they need from the market.

Please do not feel antagonized as I am putting across my views as a person who is happy and content with what the market offers and all I need is to minimise the time spent behind markets to earn my lifestyle.

( And I never really checked that this forum is about FOREX traders, so really sorry if I offended people that way)

Regards----

UDC------

Just a curious query.

I mean why don't you consider yourself a trader?

With your level of skills and restraint, if you can carry it to the market, you can earn all you need from the market and do whatever you like with your life.

Let me know of your weaknesses as a TRADER ( i know it is a very horrid thought to come out with something like that to someone unknown) and let me check how fast you can get over them.

Regards------

UDC------

I only wanted to point out why i do not trade FOREX.

And that's perfectly ok as long as you don't offend others with your opinions. Your freedom (of speech) ends at the moment when it starts disturbing freedom of anyone else. You can have any opinion you want to have but you can't tell in front of thousands people that trading Forex is nonsense, or nearly nonsense, because:

1) Who are you to say that? A God? A generally accepted authority? Even you yourself admit you don't know Forex, you don't trade it and in your whole life you checked just a few Forex charts, yet in some totally inexplicable way you feel competent, educated and experienced enough to say to people what is good and what is bad and what they "should" and "should not" do.

2) Even if you were right (which you are not) and were the authority, the God, the know-it-all genius, you simply can't tell or imply that people are i.d.i.o.t.s because it's not the way a decent person with a minimum of good manners would behave.

I really don't understand why I should explain to you, (supposedly) an adult person, what even little kids already know. If you still don't get it that's a pity but I will not discuss this subject anymore.

I will comment one more statement of yours because you said it repeatedly. You somehow seem to believe that making a profitable trade means "to rip the riches" or in other words that to make money means that someone else looses money (that you, so to speak, "steal" money from him). Sorry to say that but that's a huge misunderstanding. All you do as a trader is buying and selling, or more precisely - accepting offers and bids that are on the market. These offers and bids are already on the market which means that if you won't take them someone else will. Just this simple fact explains why you can't possibly "rip" anyone while trading, it's a logical nonsense.

But let's go on with this children-level explanation: a profit or loss is not and can not be calculated from a single trade (a buy or a sell). You need to make at least 2 trades - buy and then sell, or sell and then buy. So as a trader what you do is you make the first trade (buy or sell). At this point you didn't "rip" anyone and neither you possibly could. Also at this point you can't possibly calculate any profit or loss, not yet, it's impossible. Then after some time you make the second trade (sell or buy). From market's point of view this second trade of yours bears no relation to your first trade whatsoever, also your market counterside is most probably someone else than the one from your first trade (and even if it was the same subject it wouldn't matter at all anyway because he is willingly making an offer or a bid) so you again didn't and couldn't "rip" anyone. Only after both trades are done you, and only you, can sum both trades together and only then you can find out whether you actually made a profit or a loss. And still you didn't rip anyone, neither anyone ripped you.

Now considering all your opinions if I was to demonstrate your own behavior I would tell you something like this:

Well if you are that smart, if you know that much (as you are trying so hard to prove), if you know that many facts, strategies, books and persons, if 100% return per month is cakewalk for you, if everything is so clear and straightforward to you, then you surely must be a successful trader, a multi-millionaire if not a multi-billionaire, right? No? Well then you are obviously not that smart and don't know that much and all that is obviously not that simple as you are trying to picture.

How does this feel? Not great, right? Now even though I would have reasons to say something like that I will never say such a thing simply because that's not what a decent person says. I hope you finally get it.

( And I never really checked that this forum is about FOREX traders, so really sorry if I offended people that way)

Just 2 facts: 1) the Metatrader subforums are the biggest here, 2) the vast majority of Metatrader brokers are Forex brokers.

I mean why don't you consider yourself a trader?

That would first need to define "a trader". Short answer: I consider it a profession, the same as any other profession in the world, and "a profession" in my view is an activity you do for living. I don't trade for living, thus I am not a trader. Long answer: I am a programmer, I get decent money off it and I do it for 26 years now. It just happened that along all other programming work I also program tools for financial market data mining and data analysis. Why should I even start thinking about becoming a trader? If I program a software for a medical area should I all of sudden end my programming career and become a doctor? If I program a software used within a criminal investigations should I all of sudden end my programming career and become a criminal investigator? Programming a scientific or economic software won't all of sudden transform me into a scientist nor a economist. Sure I need to understand some outline basics of given field to understand the functions of the software, it may give me some insights, maybe even some "inside" knowledge, but that's about it.

I admit I do have some personal interest in financial market analysis, namely Forex price feed analysis, I do some research and programming in this area just for myself, that's at the end the reason why I took interest in the Ocean tools, but I can't reveal my opinions or my present results simply because someday I may use it commercially in one way or another.

then , this is the whole ocean theory indicators hope you winning trading

These are the Ocean Classics indicators from TSD elite, that's what I was looking for when I created this thread almost a half year ago. Unfortunately no one came up with them then so I had to program them myself. Anyway it's great we finally get those, many thanks!

UDC----

Let me refrain from posting about Forex markets because what I feel is it is leading no one no where.

I would just correct you on your views as in: " You somehow seem to believe that making a profitable trade means "to rip the riches" or in other words that to make money means that someone else looses money"

You essentially read what was never there. What I meant was "Ripping of the riches" that is inherent in the strategy. It is the primary thing any successful trader does. Let me point it out in a clearer fashion. Every strategy has a drawdown period. To convert a strategy ( any strategy rather), you should start employing it under a heavy drawdown. For example, a trend following strategy has a drawdown during the trading range. Inherently it "Rips off riches(Riches of the strategy that is)" only after it has encountered a heavy drawdown. Trading is nothing more than a calculated gambling in which you know how to count your cards and read the tales of the market. ( Tale as in Poker Tale). If you never tried this go ahead and program it over. Check if a MA crossover performs better or not after it has failed say six or seven times. And at such positions martingaling is a Trader's delight. These are the ways to trade and has nothing to do with your trading education

Regarding that multi-millionaire and multi-billionaire part you again missed my point. I said that 100% return is cakewalk where the upper limit of the fund is capped off. You can never win more than funds simply because they have the monetary power to outbid you in the long run. Say doubling 10000 dollars in equity market every month is cakewalk, doubling 100000 dollars needs a lot of expertise in equity market and doubling 1000000 dollars in equity market every month Just Not Possible. And I never took what you said in personal vain coz I left my ego back as i evolved as a trader. A successful trader is essentially fiercely independent and devoid of ego.

And I never said people should stop doing useful things that should contribute to the human civilization and turn into professional traders. But just ask yourself if you would not have loved to trade and sustain and develop software at leisure rather than having it the other way around.

Regards----

But just ask yourself if you would not have loved to trade and sustain and develop software at leisure rather than having it the other way around.

No, definitely not. Why would I throw away a successfully established business where I can well utilize several tens of years of education, knowledge and experience, with zero risk involved, and instead start doing something what I have no formal education, no reasonable knowledge and no real experience with, that is the trading on the riskiest market in the world? No one of sound mind would do that. I don't understand where do you get these strange ideas. Let alone the financial impact. You probably are not familiar with the salaries in the software development industry, but don't you really have at least a vague idea what might be a programming hourly rate of someone at my level? Then do some research and you will get the idea! I very doubt I would make the same by trading and even if I would I wouldn't want to do it because of the physical and psychological impact this kind of stressful work has on the human body and mind. I love programming, it's my hobby and at the same time I am very decently paid for that. No reason to change anything. There is a saying: "don't fix what's not broken".

SIXER, since you and I have the same taste in software (I see your name in many of the same topics I'm interested in}. What is your favorite software for trading?

which is the one you find to be most accurate? Is it DECODING CYCLES, Hidden Market Rhythms, Delta phenom software, Market Matrix, Sentient Trader, Trading Fives, Ocean Plus Indicators? Or is it some other software not mentioned? You seem to have a lot of experience and an aptitude for learning these software packages quickly. That's why, your opinion is important. let me know, thanks, john

UDC,

Brilliant job with Metatrader Ocean Indicators!!

I am sure in the not to distant future a lot of us on this forum will be thanking you a lot more after we've done some demo/real trading!

Any luck with Ocn STX yet? :D

I see that it is not in the TSD elite upload.......?

Edited by gbg