Ocean Theory indis from TSD elite

udc

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

LOL. Hey thanks udc that tradestation 8.7 vmware was sweet. I took the image and played around with a free vmware demo. Then I exported it to virtualbox and it refused to lad saying "operating system not found" Then after two days I found a wonderful iso "bootable CD" that automatically bootstraps clusterphucked systems like XP and it booted in virtualbox! In the meantime I upgraded tradestation to 9.1 and it worked! Before I had tried it on a clean XP disc and it refused, saying I had to have an account login once to even load. Then I upgraded quoteroom to the latest, but then I found it wouldn't load more than a year of data. Then I installed SP3 and it worked!

Now I have TS9.1 running and only waiting for quoteroom to munch through the data. I can't thank you on this board as I'm too new so I thank you here!

I need help importing oceanplus indicators BTX and STX into TS 9.1, I got a message saying that it is not compatible, the indicators work well in TS 8.7

You probably would be better off with compiling the Ocean sources. Have you tried that?

For who ever have problem like me find either content is 0 byte or no content at all, it maybe you need 64 byte version of 7z to open.

Glad you fixed your problem. I am also glad that you apologized for your repeated implications that the files I uploaded are corrupted. Way to go.

Any one already used this Ocean Indicator in Multicharts successfully?

If yes , kindly post the steps.thanks

Maybe it would be helpful if you say what problem are you actually having.

At the outset letme thank you profusely udc for ur wonderful share, kudos.

Yep , I couldn't install this one TS8-2000 SETUP OBP1Lock32.EXE

whenever I try to execute it the error popsup, that the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running.

I am with WIN7 64bit and MC8

Any work around, because unless this dll is executed, other codes even after compiling won't run, because they all access this dll.I am not an programmer, so I am blind to any tweaks.Thanks udc for your kind gesture.

Yep , I couldn't install this one TS8-2000 SETUP OBP1Lock32.EXE

whenever I try to execute it the error popsup, that the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running.

Unfortunately it's as you said, it's not compatible. When it was discussed before, I asked people to try it under Windows XP 64bit so that the cause could be better localized (it may be 64bit aspect, it may be Win7 aspect). No one bothered. I don't have time for that and simply refuse doing everything, especially if it doesn't need my expertise and anyone else willing to help can do that instead.

So I can't help it as I don't even know the precise cause. The only solution I can see right now would be reversing the DLL, but for that I definitely have no time, it could take months as I haven't done any serious RE in years and the Diamond Lock (the protection used in the DLL) doesn't make it any easier.

This is also another reason that is discouraging me from finishing the STX because you need to run the Metatrader and do all programming in virtual machine and that just adds another layer of annoyance.

P.S.: I was wondering, how one gets to be "BANNED"? You obviously are not really banned so is this some kind of inside joke or something?

Unfortunately it's as you said, it's not compatible. When it was discussed before, I asked people to try it under Windows XP 64bit so that the cause could be better localized (it may be 64bit aspect, it may be Win7 aspect). No one bothered. I don't have time for that and simply refuse doing everything, especially if it doesn't need my expertise and anyone else willing to help can do that instead.

So I can't help it as I don't even know the precise cause. The only solution I can see right now would be reversing the DLL, but for that I definitely have no time, it could take months as I haven't done any serious RE in years and the Diamond Lock (the protection used in the DLL) doesn't make it any easier.

This is also another reason that is discouraging me from finishing the STX because you need to run the Metatrader and do all programming in virtual machine and that just adds another layer of annoyance.

P.S.: I was wondering, how one gets to be "BANNED"? You obviously are not really banned so is this some kind of inside joke or something?

Yes, nicely put udc, time is in short supply and so does the man power, and we shall leave it aside if RE issue is there.May be someone else who can try and help.But thanks a lot for your concern.so nice of you.

And regarding the "Banned" status , its that I had changed it from my profile set up.:D

You probably would be better off with compiling the Ocean sources. Have you tried that?

hi UDC, The BTX and the STX works fine in XP and Tradestation 8,OBP1Lock32.EXE has to be installed first, then the indicators are installed next, but OBP1Lock32.EXE wil not install in Tradestation 9, therefore BTX and STX will not function with the absence of OBP1lock32

Edited by Grain Trader

Any one already used this Ocean Indicator in Multicharts successfully?

If yes , kindly post the steps.thanks

Hellboy, The regular Ocean indicators work fine in MC, as long as they are open source, but as you discovered the Ocean Plus indicators are not compatible because they require the presence of OBP1Lock32.EXE

[quote=graintrader;Originally Posted by Grain Trader View Post

I need help importing oceanplus indicators BTX and STX into TS 9.1, I got a message saying that it is not compatible, the indicators work well in TS 8.7.

hi UDC, I am still very inerested in solving this issue of importing STX and BTX into Tradestation 9, unfortunately I dont possess the programing skills that you do, so there is very little that I can contribute.You suggested compiling the codes but even that I have no idea how to do it. I did notice that you were able to import these indicators into your Metatrader platform, I was just wondering if the same

procedure you used could also be used to convert them into TS9. I have already tested them on TS 8.7 and the install with no issues. Any help on this would be appreciated

• 2 months later...

first of all

many thanks to udc for the indies

all are working flawless, except the btx 2line and the btx

any help

regards

edit: found that these are common issues with win7 32bit and 64bit, tried running on winxp mode

also no success, gonna try on an old winxp

Edited by Deorn

• 1 year later...