Ocean Theory indis from TSD elite

udc

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Metal

I am not sure I understand your question quite well, but the windows xp operating system comes with its own pre installed drivers, its part of the operating system. In the 2nd part of your question you are asking about the ability to have display interface, I am assuming you mean the ability to to operate the various connections to the computer, like the printer, scanner, monitor etc.., for those you would need to download those drivers from the website of either the manufacturer or from microsoft website, usually after installing xp, you will need to scan your computer for the latest updates by logging into microsoft website

hi UDC

Just wondering if you have the Jurik manual that explains how to plot the different settings for his indicators, not the basic jurik manual that gives an overview of the indicators, just wondering if there was an additional manual with suggested settings

Hi, unfortunately I have only the overview manual.

metal: if you are thinking about buying a new computer and using Win XP on it and you are afraid you wouldn't find the drivers for its hardware then you need either to buy a computer for which you will know in advance there are the drivers or simply buy an older computer. Also you can always go the virtualization way (vmware etc.).

STX's (future) improvement

So, while working on the STX indi I've just got an idea for a possible improvement. STX is for placing the stops, right? You open a trade based on something, you set some initial stop based on something (not STX), and then when (if) the trade goes in your direction you start moving the stop according to STX. Now the obvious question is - what timeframe for STX will you pick? In each timeframe the STX will show something different but you can set only one particular value as the stop.

The manual is not very helpful on this - it says you are suppose to:

look at the beauty of the STX as it follows a market, that is, to use one’s innate aesthetic sense—which no computer can yet come anywhere close to—in choosing one’s STX timeframe for a particular trade.

It's very poetic and all but in practical terms you would have to review several charts and before you are finally finished and ready to set the stop the trade may be already under (if you are into short trades). So I think it may be useful to implement a multi-timeframe feature so that you can attach multiple STX indis to a single chart, each STX set to a different timeframe and see all STXs from all timeframes at once. I mean, MTF feature is nothing new but as for this particular indi it may actually be very useful. Just a thought..

Ocn_BTXx version 1.2

New version:

• switch "Colors_use_threshold" and variable "Threshold" to apply BTX_2line's colors only from a specified level of BTX
  • switch "Show_Histogram" to show BTX in the form of a histogram

On the picture the first indi is BTX_2line, second is BTX with the threshold set to 35, third is the same in histogram and only upper SD band enabled. All 3 indis have MaxBars set to 300.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9742/btx12.png

Original size screenshot:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9742/btx12.png

Source code:

http://pastebin.com/8sUn0FhQ

Anyway, what I was trying with these little improvements was to find out whether it would be sufficient to use only one of BTX indis, i.e. to use BTX with builtin functions from BTX_2line, but it seems to me it wouldn't be enough because they have apparently different speed. On the picture the most recent trend is up, BTX_2line's positive part is above and rising but BTX is still declining. So both indis have their value and both should be used. Since they are bounded they could be even dragged to the same chart window (although 12 lines altogether look a bit messy).

taipan: what does OBP1Lock32test.exe tell you?

Sorry did not understand your question. I am using MetaTrader 4 to load the indicator. Is the OBP1Lock32x.dll file to be loaded into the libraries folder? I did that nothing show up either. Run OBP1Lock32test.exe did not show up anything either. Maybe I did something wrong, guide me please.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry did not understand your question. I am using MetaTrader 4 to load the indicator. Is the OBP1Lock32x.dll file to be loaded into the libraries folder? I did that nothing show up either. Run OBP1Lock32test.exe did not show up anything either. Maybe I did something wrong, guide me please.

Thanks for the help.

you need to run the OBP1Lock32test.exe in command promt (type cmd in search) go to the directory (cd C:\Users\abc\Desktop\OBPdirectory) and the run the exe file. Hope this helps.

Maybe you didn't follow the instructions correctly. Read them again. Everything necessary was already explained here.

If you find yourself stuck at any particular point during the process say so.

After re-read the old post again, and now I know this is a compatibility issue with win7 64 bit. Sorry for the confusion created.

Thanks all for the help, will try to install on win xp.

Hi UDC,

Were you able to do something about plotting the divergence on indicator and price. Appreciate if you could make it. Thanks

Hi UDC

I wasnt able to locate NMM/NMC_with SD & Hist #1 and #2. I think you missed that one. The NMM/NMC available is - NMM/NMC_with Ocn MAs and please dont forget the divergence implementation :)

I couldnt find NMA band excursion as well.

Edited by fawaz79

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nicebuns
This is a great thread and am just starting to investigate. I see it hasn't been updated in a while. Any current news? Since I'm new to this method is there any place where Sloman talks about Delta vs. Ocean?

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't got much time for this lately, to be more precise no time at all. I still owe myself to make STX and some other stuff. Anyway, here is the latest version of the tools so far with some bugfixes and little improvements:

http://www.uloz.to/x9eoNms/ocn-mt4-7-24-2012-7z

You can find lot of informations and links to the videos and manuals here in this thread, just browse through the previous pages. A warning though: this whole thing is a kind of different than most of other technical analysis tools and it takes months to absorb all the necessary informations. Without going through this process I wouldn't recommend using it with real money.

Guest nicebuns
On the first post you list screen shots of the forum where Ocean was discussed. They show up very small and not readable at all. Are they supposed to be full sized images?

On the first post you list screen shots of the forum where Ocean was discussed. They show up very small and not readable at all. Are they supposed to be full sized images?

Yes, they were supposed. Apparently I messed up the ImageShack uploading process somehow. You can get trial access to that forum for free, that's what I did to make those screenshots. Just don't forget to cancel the subscription before trial is over to avoid being charged.

"These are not just another ordinary indicators. "

They are just indicators. Not enough to make you a winning trader. My mentor likes to say that "an indicator is only as good as the trader that uses it." That applies to all indicators, even those "less ordinary."

Exactly.

By "less ordinariness" I meant that ordinary indicator just takes previous data, makes some calculations with it and spits out some result, all this using logic which is more or less understandable and "logical". Ocean indicators use different logic, not that straightforward, a logic you would come up with only if you think kind of out of the box. For example the mirroring - Jim came up with the idea that the most natural (for him) price 1 minute in the future would be the price 1 minute from the past, a forecast price 5 minutes to the future would be taken from the price 5 minutes in the past, etc. You just can't make up something like that, it's not just some math formula, it's an idea, not ordinary idea. Whether good or bad idea that's a different question, but a non-ordinary idea nevertheless. Or the way he uses logarithms so that if you for example add 50% to some number and then subtract 50% from the result you get the original number. Normally you wouldn't get the original number of course, this is possible only because he uses logarithms. And so on, and so forth. It is more feet on the ground than his Delta theory idea (just how would you even start considering any possible relation between market price action and the moon phase? what kind of thinking would you need to wander that way?) but still it's just not ordinary. He understands math, he understands economy, but that wouldn't be enough. He's got un-ordinary inventive thinking and that's what I value him for. Ordinary ideas give you nothing new, but uncommon ideas enrich you because they stimulate your own out-of-the-box thinking.

If I take for example Jurik's JMA. That's brilliant piece of work, hard work. The code is not trivial, rather complicated, but even though I am not an DSP expert I noticed basically at the first sight what he is doing. I wouldn't think it up myself, but I understand him. It's technical, result of hard work and lot of experience. But it's like "inventing" a new CPU with more cores and smaller dye size. It would be cool but not really inventive, not really nothing new, not really surprising, in fact it would be expectable and ordinary. Jim doesn't do that. He makes up an idea and then the whole strategies around it. His code is simpler than Jurik's, no heavy duty technical hard work, but you just can't understand it just from seeing it without being familiar with the ideas behind. That's why it is also dangerous and why I suggest to quickly walk away unless you are willing to spend a lot of time (and I mean really a lot) trying to understand it.

But exactly as you said, they are just indicators, nothing more. To be successful trader it's not really that crucial when to enter the market, and even not when to exit the market. The most important is money management and psychology, being ready and knowing exactly what to do if/when a position becomes a failure, and then strictly sticking to it. Sadly people just keep ignoring these things because mastering them takes much more than getting familiar with some indicator, so they just keep focusing on indicators, looking for some imaginary holy grail, looking for endless number of shortcuts, which inevitably leads only to their loosing.

Guest nicebuns
After reading through the thread I'm curious about some things. For a while there were some posts about not being able to access the .dll that seemed to be necessary in order to code the newer indicators ie. STX, BTX. However, your most recent posts talk about your BTX code and your desire to still code the STX. What changed with that situation?