Market Makers Thread Aftermath

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xdin, may be you just don't beleive in MM method?

And this is not the reason to harass others.

ianf0ster

You mentioned #MW room, sometimes I participate there but unfortunally there are a little conversations here. Please PM me your skype/email to talk about this.

Im not harassing anyone, its just that i dont know why people bragging about immorality that causes thread be deleted (since page 1 of this thread, now being deleted) and then not even once shows useful contributions.

Yes, I have

luc33x, did you receive this?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 09:07 AM

Hello all traders and friends,

I want to personally invite you to this Sunday's Level Count Session.

I will be making some New Announcements and going over some changes I will be implementing to help all student traders within the group.

I look forward to seeing you and hope you can make it...

See you Sunday at 6:30 pm Eastern.

Have a great weekend, see you Sunday evening!!

I have been avoiding trading on NFP day because in my experience I have not seen that it consistently works using the MMM principles. I have explored with other methods and it seems to work better if you wait until after the announcement and get on the newly established trend. I believe that SM recommends not trading on NFP unless you have a lot of experience.

Gentlemen: In the past some posters, believed to be MMM supporters, have intentially provoked conflict, which led the administrators to close the thread. In other words, provoking conflict served their purpose. In order to avoid that outcome I suggest that posters weigh their messages to steer away from inflammatory or personalized attacks. If you have a concern that a poster is disruptive, or acting adverse to the purpose of the thread, I suggest you report it to the forum administrators.

It is interesting to learn that MMM devotees, or people who paid substantial funds for the MMM seminars, are troubled that the MMM theory is not as advertised (to put it charitably). We've heard this before. In that one purpose of this thread is to discuss the veracity of the MMM theory, I think reports about what is occurring would be of interest.

This is particularly relevant because MMM or Mauro supporters have gone out of their way to communicate that I don't understand the method after one year when I have questioned it.

As fate would have it, yesterday AM (Pacific) I placed a long trade in EURUSD on the premise that the downward price movement out of the Asian range was a fake move. I thought I saw a W formation. This was a wrong interpretation. Price continued downward.

We can, of course, continue to report our trades, or modifications in the methodology.

Steve

I just wanted to clarify that pipper's publishing does not constitute copyright infringement. What he did is protected by our constitution. He did not sign any Non Disclosure Agreement. He just published his knowledge and understanding of a particular subject. Copyright infringement would have been if he had copied or distributed the exact material (like the videos) or if he had copied a previously published copyright protected text verbatim. He did not do any of this so there is nothing to prevent him from sharing his knowledge as he sees fit. Pipper's material is protected speech and only a court of law would be able to prevent it and there is really no legal basis for that. Maybe they would close the thread if that was published but it would be out of ignorance of the actual law and not based on any legal recourse. Anyone here could actually write and publish a book about the subject and it would be protected speech, it would be like writing a book about Bollinger Bands or trend channels. Other people have written books and articles about Volume Spread Analysis for example and Tom Williams can't sue them. Maybe he would have a case if he trademarked the term VSA or something but that would only be limited to the use of that particular term. He can't prevent what is legally considered a derivative work form being published or shared.

As Steve said, weigh your message to steer away from inflammatory and personalized attacks. Are you going to keep going like this for 200 pages? Is that what you want?

pipper1's 84-pages MMM notes and the new Version 2 that he planned to publish also come under copyright infringement, as fxallenstg explained previously. if you post it here, this thread might get deleted as well ..... which appears is what you want with your constant harassment.

Edited by joeher133

Ok here's my easy profit trade prior to NFP news. I like to trade london session prior to nfp becuase it's so slow and easy to trade.

In red in the asian session, the 50 pips is excedded and was really 62 pips but i'll trade it anyway if i get a signal. During asian session and partial london the MM made 3 pushes down, you'll see them in checkmarks then they went into consolidation/accumulation mode. During that time they formed a small W (marked with up arrow)and made 2 pushes up. When i saw the indecision candle (marked in between black lines i went short. At NY open i moved to b/e and added a 2nd order. I closed both orders 15 minutes prior to NFP news.

On the 1st order i banked 85 pips and the 2nd order i banked 50 pips. Nice easy trading day.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m04yx4

Sorry if the picture didn't show up, copy and paste didn't work.

If someone can give me a tip i'll paste the picture

Nice trade. Also a good example of a useful contribution. The W you refer to is what led me to (wrongly) trade long.

Originally Posted by ianf0ster:

"For this new thread, we will allow pipper1's MMM notes. It was written by his team, even though abstracting proprietary teachings from MMM course. But we will allow it."

What is your connection to Steve Mauro and the MMM group?

Nice trade. Also a good example of a useful contribution. The W you refer to is what led me to (wrongly) trade long.

Suggest you look into H1 to read the big picture.

At time, when consolidation, indicator will produce whip-saw.

Especially RSI, small fluctuation in the price, will produce big confusion like the W and M and as previously we was talking about multiple divergences.

So far nobody mentioned anything about the use of Yellow/Red EMAs in MMM. I think there is some usefulness of it. Any idea ?

I use the 5 and 13 ema's as a confirmation that i am right about 10 pips in my trade.

I can trade without them just counting levels and cycles.

Suggest you look into H1 to read the big picture.

At time, when consolidation, indicator will produce whip-saw.

Especially RSI, small fluctuation in the price, will produce big confusion like the W and M and as previously we was talking about multiple divergences.

So far nobody mentioned anything about the use of Yellow/Red EMAs in MMM. I think there is some usefulness of it. Any idea ?

EURUSD trended down within the Asian session. Prevailing trend is down for last two days. It has been rallying for the last hour. In overbought area on stochastics. Increasing volume on last two bars (15 minute candles). Exhaustion? Le grande fakeout? What ideas emerge about how to trade this market?

When I first wrote this I thought the London session had started. Since corrected. London session not open yet. U.S. Daylight Savings Time started today. I also called railroad tracks. Not quite. Candle retraced somewhat before completing. Higher volume suggests transfer of shares from buyers to sellers. Negative divergence apparent on 5 minute chart. Balance of evidence suggests sell trade. Logical to select short and longer term target. But when?

Not far above is an accumulation of orders. Might make for a tempting stop raid.

Looks like a head and shoulders top on the daily.

Edited by Steveg

EURUSD hasn't gotten very far. Still contained within the Asian range after an upside penetration of about 8 pips. I've wondered if price movement during the last 2 hours of the Asian range might be a prognostic indication for a scalp trade or better. I haven't had the time to test it.

Are MMM followers cheering or groaning? Will hindsight once again rule the day?

Edited by Steveg

Yep, MMM hindsight traders won again. GU +56pips and GJ +54pips. You can see the (bearish) continuation M-pattern on 15mins even in the TDI shape, inline with hourly "Reset" (at 15mins BlueBerry) and Level2 drop away from the Reset high. Zoom down to 5mins on MT4 to find sell entries at second leg of M.

Look beyond the asian session price action, what is the bigger picture level counts telling you. The asian session blue box is just what it is ...... accumulation/consolidation zone, before the manipulation phase begins. Over-analyzing asian price action will cause you to miss what market makers intend to do at european/london open. That's why in MMM teachings, it is just a blue box, nothing more to read into it except to measure the hi-lo range for ideal scenario.

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=917383&d=1331549840

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=917398&d=1331550474

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=917400&d=1331550610

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=917401&d=1331550610

As luc33x pointed out before, don't ignore the main aspects of MMM methodology. In any case you are using a different "asian session" definition as MMM teachings which further hampered your progress, and focusing too much into details of asian session accumulation/consolidation movements. Zoom out to H1 charts to see the levels and H4 charts to identify the peak formation highs or lows. None of the videos tell you to analyze asian session price action.

Did you trade any of these or is this just an after fact observation?

IanFoster has deleted all his messages going back to the beginning of the new thread. This makes it impossible to understand what occurred. It is disruptive.

Looks like he has removed just about everything from every thread he has ever replied to here on this forum. Must have been told remove everything for some reason

Edited by whakamaru

IanFoster has deleted all his messages going back to the beginning of the new thread. This makes it impossible to understand what occurred. It is disruptive.

A progression of bipolarism to paranoia?? You never knew whether he was trying to help or tear you down cause he'd do both in the same post, or so it seemed.

Edited by Nukem

How are folks doing with their trading, MMM or otherwise?

At this juncture (5:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Savings) EURUSD made a strong upward move preceeding the London open, and then oscillated in about a 20 pip range. I am not referring to the MMM "blue box" which terminates a while before the London open. The strong upward move is supposed to be, or is often interpreted as a market makers' manipulated move, which may be a "fake" move designed to trap traders before the real move ensues. Or it can be the start of a continuing ("straightaway") move. Or it can be a move to nowhere. In common parlance, price will either go up, down or sideways. Only a select few can successfully predict.

9:07 AM Pacific DST: Still lazily uptrending.

Edited by Steveg