Pip Accumulator

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortuna, Do you see that text, (when true)? I only see it as mouse-over information (not visible if I don't select the box or line and hold my mouse over it). I'm sure I wouldn't want that cluttering up my screen if it was there all the time.

Now that you've looked at the Pivots - I know Psaini asked about a good pivot indicator at one point - What do you think of the 'natural Master Probability cycle' for pivots versus having a daily pivot? With the code all there, it would be pretty easy to change it to work either way. Just have to trigger the cycle on the day/time change instead of the box change, and make an initialization routine for loading data to start it up if the Chart Time Frame is greater than 30 minutes, so you wouldn't have to wait a day to get a good daily pivot.

Not sure how many people like to have support and resistance lines. I think they help keep me from chasing trades that are about over, so want to have them. Not sure how good the 'Master Probability Cycle' idea is for making them.

LukeB. I made more " on" "off" settings in your indicator for myself. I do not want to post it here for changing any idea of Signal Amalgamate. If I want something on my chart from Signal Amalgamate I change for "true". If I do not want I change in settings for " false" and I have chart more simple and clean. It is great indicator. I wish psaini1973 would say something about your indicator. I use daily pivots only according to psainii rules and I have my own pivots indicators.

LukeB if you are such advanced Coder I would suggest to improve visual MTF Probability Meter numbers in left down corner to change it into Bars or Pillars like here in this indicator:

http://www.multiupload.com/179R8MZIXO

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/pice.gif/

Edited by Fortuna

Too much version's complicate's everything, why dont you guys update newer versions with instructions on the first post instead of messing the thread.

/QUOTE]

Read the WHOLE Thread if you are serious ! Don't rant here like a beggar since this share is FREE !

The 'version' is Signal Amalgamator - and it's a very different set of code, built to show and signal with the Master Probability calculation. Then, some comments were made and I added some features - and still intend to add the Daily Pivot feature as soon as I find some free time.

II Pip Accumulator's boxes and arrows are a MACD signal - the historical signals are 100% MACD. There is no historical look at anything related to Master Probability. Also, the code was rapidly made, the original contributor left (it was not being updated), and it has several inefficiencies (it does the same piece of work multiple times).

I wanted to see the historical Master Probability Signal. As it is a multi-timeframe calculation, it is impossible to get the exact value in history, but if you look at the real time calculation over a couple weeks, you will conclude that its historical version is pretty close. There is no MACD Signal in Signal Amalgamate (except as MACD is one of the signals 'amalgamated' into the Master Probability calculation). The indicator code is broke up into discrete functions, so it is more readable code, and the indicator itself has some code errors fixed as compared to II Pips Accumulator. Bottom line -the Master Probability calculation is very nearly the same, but Signal Amalgamate is not the same indicator as II_PipsAcumulator.

Based on the confusion putting Signal Amalgamate here seems to have created, I'm thinking I should quit providing updates to it here.

Edited by LukeB

" in what post # is your last version of Signal Amalgamator" - http://www.multiupload.com/IFL8HUQB8E.

I updated all of my posts with the muti-upload reference to point to the latest version of Signal Amalgamate....

"you guys update newer versions with instructions on the first post" - Sorry, the first post is not editable by 'me' guys, as it was not made by me.

The rules for trading would be identical with the two indicators - Psaini1973's posts detail them. Some of the features of Signal Amalgmate suggest additional things that may be looked at by the trader, including the PA moving away from the Pivot Line in the direction indicated by the signal, consideration of Pivot support and resistance, and the crossing of the Master Probability lines and the All Time Frame lines (or the smoothed line) after a period of divergence.

" in what post # is your last version of Signal Amalgamator" - http://www.multiupload.com/IFL8HUQB8E.

I updated all of my posts with the muti-upload reference to point to the latest version of Signal Amalgamate....

"you guys update newer versions with instructions on the first post" - Sorry, the first post is not editable by 'me' guys, as it was not made by me.

The rules for trading would be identical with the two indicators - Psaini1973's posts detail them. Some of the features of Signal Amalgmate suggest additional things that may be looked at by the trader, including the PA moving away from the Pivot Line in the direction indicated by the signal, consideration of Pivot support and resistance, and the crossing of the Master Probability lines and the All Time Frame lines (or the smoothed line) after a period of divergence.

Link did not work.....Could you upload it again? Thanks

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

Link did not work.....Could you upload it again? Thanks

Seems like everything muti or mega upload related has been killed. 4shared seems to still be alive, try this for signal amalgamate: http://www.4shared.com/file/GvZdwU8u/Signal_Amalgamate.html

and from post #1239, this for pip accumulator: 4shared.com/rar/1qKwgstr/Pip_Accumulator.html

Edited by LukeB
updated download link

• 2 weeks later...

I completed the Pivot Displays (you can change the pivots by moving the stars and placing them in the boxes) and added a graphical display of the MTF probabilities (per Fortuna).

http://www.4shared.com/file/GvZdwU8u/Signal_Amalgamate.html

Edited by LukeB
OOOPS - MinsToCity must be multiplied by 60 to make it seconds

kokopelli - change the time offset MinsToCity. You can change the City as well. I haven't found any way to tell the servers time offset being sent to MetaTrader, so the only way I know to get a time is to put the offset in manually. Daily pivots will work off of 8:00 AM on the City Time (and they treat Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon until 8:00 AM as all one day).

There are a bunch of extern's you can set.

// Pivot Controls

(www.earnforex.com/pivot-points-calculator)";

extern int PivotCalcMethod = FLOOR; // "0-off; 1-FLOOR; 2-WOODIE; 3-CAMARILLA; 4-DEMARK

extern int PivotCycleType = NATURAL; // "1 = NATURAL, 2 = DAILY";

extern bool SaveScreenPivotChange = true; // this overrides the above, as it will read in the values saved from the screen.

extern bool BoxClean = true; // wipes out the old up and down boxes when the pivots change (pivot change deletes old pivot lines, and I included ability to delete old boxes as well with this).

// User Alerts

extern bool ArrowDrawOn = true; // Display up and down Arrows

extern bool BoxDrawOn = true; // Display up and down boxes

extern bool AlertWindowOn = false; // Pop Up the Alert when an arrow is drawn

extern bool AlertSoundOn = true; // Play a tone whe the arrow is drawn.

extern bool AlertSMSOn = false; // Send an SMS message when an Arrow is created.

// Time Display Info

extern int MinsToCity = -360; // Minutes between the server's time and NYC time.

extern string CityName = "NYC"; // change this to reference the City you are setting the time for.

// Other Lines to Display

extern bool ChartSmoothedProbability = false; // Display a MA of Master probability.

extern bool ShowSuperTrend= false; // Display Super Trend Indicator.

extern bool StrenthLineOn = false; // Display the TOR indicator

// - Stuff

extern bool UseTFLimits = false; // Limit All Timeframe Probability Calcluation to Master Probability timeframes.

extern bool DispSignalGrid = true; // Display the Signal Grid.

extern bool DispTFLimits = false; // Display the Signal Grid with TF limits versus all time frames.

Edited by LukeB

HOLLOW arrows - An alarm requested by Lololo - basically, there is an array that contains a master level for each timeframe that if exceeded for each will draw the arrow, and the last column contains a value that if the current TF master level drops below, it will reset. You can put whatever value you want in the array, it doesn't affect anything else (TFAlarmLevels[9][10], 9 = one row for each timeframe, 10 = 1 column for each timeframe + the reset value). You will also see that result in the Alarm row of the grid.

Sorry for an update on the download link. I realized the daily pivots were not changing at 8:00 AM - I went in and changed MinsToCity to (MinsToCity*60) in several spots to fix it. Converts minutes to seconds for addition to the time. I was so happy to see the pivots working I didn't notice that detail.

Complicated - much more complicated than I thought I would make when I started. You better have a decent PC or it will make your CPU grunt.

Edited by LukeB

• 3 weeks later...
I completed the Pivot Displays (you can change the pivots by moving the stars and placing them in the boxes) and added a graphical display of the MTF probabilities (per Fortuna).

http://www.4shared.com/file/GvZdwU8u/Signal_Amalgamate.html

The file was deleted! Please upload it again, Thanks

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".