Pip Accumulator

II_PipAccumulator Indicator, I believe box is drawn on MACD, 24, 52, 18.

If you change MACD setting on Signal Amalgamate to match II_PipAccumulator Indicator, the signal is pretty similar.

Here is same chart, same settings for comparison between the 2 indicators, Signal Amalgamate vs II_PipAccumulator Indicator. If you want to see the larger image, here is the link.

http://i41.tinypic.com/k175fa.gif

http://i41.tinypic.com/k175fa.gif

Edited by fx4_ever

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke B would you be so kind to post your comment about MACD settings in the code of your indi? Maybe your indi shows better line ? Did you improve Probability Master as well? Hmm it can be....

It displays boxes and arrows on the main chart window (window 0), all calculated with the Master probability calculation.

Original creates historical boxes and arrows using MACD signals. It has no historical Master Probability calculation.

Edited by Fortuna

Signal Amalgamate does not use MACD to create any alerts or draw any boxes - except as MACD is part of the Master probability calculation. The results of the Master probability calculation and crossing of the 20 levels draw the boxes, arrows, and trigger the alerts.

Code review for box and signal drawing on II_PipAcumulator:

The main start function has ReadIndicators() and CalcMasterProbability() - These are only executed for the zero candle, and they calculate the Master Probability. The Master Probability value is never placed into an indicator buffer in II_PipAccumulator.

The Start function then has the for loop that is executed with every tick LookBackPeriod times - "extern int LookBackPeriod = 1000;" until it reaches the value of CandleNo - CandleNo is never explicitly initialized, but is always zero - so 1000 executions of CalculateSignals with every tick to redraw the indicator for the last 1000 candles.

CalculateSignals uses three iMACD values (BoxMACD_Main, BoxMACD_Prev, and BoxMACDSignal) to perform all drawing until it reaches candle 1. Most of us are using the defaults, so only "extern bool ArrowMACDx=true;" and "extern bool AlertMACDx = true;" and the box drawing and alerts are controlled by these two if statements for 999 candles of history:

if (ArrowMACDx && BoxMACD_Main > BoxMACD_Signal) and

if (ArrowMACDx && BoxMACD_Main < BoxMACD_Signal)

Until Candle 1 is reached.

Once candle 1 is reached, the conditions are satisfied to start using the two if statements for using MasterProbability with the 20 level crossings to draw and create alerts:

1) if (MasterProb > ProbLevelLong && i == 1) // The MasterProb is calculated for the current Tic (in candle 0) and is triggered for candle 1.

2) if (MasterProb < ProbLevelShort && i == 1)

But, those arrow and box flag values will be lost once that candle becomes candle 2 and the next tick re-does all the box calculations again as MACD signals - I think that may have triggered the 'redraw' comments found in the thread.

Hope that clarifies.

Edited by LukeB

LukeB,

You are advanced Coder indeed.

In Pip Accumulator

The arrows and Boxes are determined from the MACD settings at the start of the parameters (24,52,18).

When MACD Main is > MACD Signal we have a Green Buy arrow

When MACD Main is < MACD Signal we have a Red Sell arrow

The idea of the arrows is just to give us a “heads up” that a change in direction may be happening very soon – however we use the probability to determine the best place to enter that trade.

Your indi gives me different perspective. That is cool. Thank you for explanation.

This is the same indi that started this thread, just re-written, cleaned up, and made to work as described above. Follow the rules as described in the thread. Psaini1973 is the grand master, posting all the big bucks. Fortuna says hes not a programmer, but has been in the code a little.

Most recent indicators from SoundFX are Post 701 I believe.

Hi all

Thanks to psaini for starting this thread and sharing this system. Thanks to soundfx and all who have contributed so much here.

I am uploading this indicator with a request to LukeB; http://www.multiupload.c0m/O1DJRN8IJO (please change c0m to com)

If LukeB can look into this indi and create a similar presentation for the master probability with blue squares for probability greater than the defined value and red squares for probability less than the defined value. I know that the colour will keep on changing till the bar ends and will become fixed only when the bar has completed but this is ok. Also it may not be possible to get accurate values for time frame other than the default time frame only, so having only the default time frame is ok. You know best if correct values can be produced or not for a time frame other than default time frame and if it can, multi time frame my be represented in a second and third row of this indicator. Anyways, for a start just the default time frame will be nice to have.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thank you LukeB for your explaination.

To improve the indi, it will be nice have a signal alert that match with

differents probabilities level on 2 or 3 different Timeframe.

For example set alarm when, prob level is >10 on 4h TF and > 20 on 15 min Tf and >10 on 5 min TF

I hope you understand my English.

Happy new year to all

I saw in fx4_ever's response that he also likes the signal grid - I just added it to my work env., and will post in a few days. While doing so, I found a code discrepancy in the original indicator (copied into my version):

int M1TFWeights[8] = {55, 25, 13, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0}; //M1

And the rest of the weights should be [9], or with no number in the bracket at all, just "[]". The compiler must 'fix' the discrepancy or it seems like someone would have seen something wrong by now. Just to be safe, I'd change it.

lololo and TrueTrader - as this is all free and spare time work (and even though I view the signal grid as decorative), I'd like to concentrate on code with demonstrable value, and it can take some time to find free hrs to contribute. If you produce working code and submit it, code review and clean up can be faster than invention. Anyway, I'd like to see a description of the trading rules these features would facilitate and get some sense as to if those rules really create additional profit before working on the features. I'd thought a built in Pivot indicator that would use a flexible work day definition associated with the time display on the indicator would be a valuable feature, but am already frustrated with the time that is taking to get working correctly.

lololo and TrueTrader - are you asking for the same thing? The download from TrueTrader looks like a one bar direction indicator (trivial to implement as part of the signal grid), but doesn't seem to match the text.

lololo - does this represent what you want (absolute values, both positive and negative):

if ( (H4Prob > H4triggerLevel) && (M15prob>M15trigerLevel) && (M5prob>M5triggerLevel) )

{

draw an arrow on the bar

}

Also, would you want it intra-bar on Bar 0, or the final result (when Bar 0 becomes Bar 1)? And, would you want to keep signalling, or signal once and wait for a resetting event before signalling again (and what would that event be)?

One thing you will see with the arrows and box drawing as triggered in Signal Amalgamate, the direction switches real time / intra-bar, so as it runs, you will see times when the signal reverses as a result of intra-bar quotes, but by the end of the bar, the graph doesn't show the trigger levels being met but an arrow is displayed and a new box of the new direction is being drawn. Changing it to only trigger when a new bar occurs would mean the signal is slower, but historically and visually, it would be more consistent. So far, I prefer a faster signal.

lololo and TrueTrader - as this is all free and spare time work (and even though I view the signal grid as decorative), I'd like to concentrate on code with demonstrable value, and it can take some time to find free hrs to contribute. If you produce working code and submit it, code review and clean up can be faster than invention. Anyway, I'd like to see a description of the trading rules these features would facilitate and get some sense as to if those rules really create additional profit before working on the features. I'd thought a built in Pivot indicator that would use a flexible work day definition associated with the time display on the indicator would be a valuable feature, but am already frustrated with the time that is taking to get working correctly.

I understand that free time is hard to come by. Anyways, as far as the indicator requested goes, the attached indicator produces grid instead of the MACD arrow and is maintained throughout the time while the MACD is in the relevant direction.

The requested master probability indicator would show us the value of master probability as blue/red as soon as the value crosses relevant threshold and also the colour of the grid in the previous bars would tell us whether at close of that bar the value of master probability was tradeable or not.

Both the indicators in combination shows us the tradeable bar. I am not proposing any new system. All of this is relevant to the system this thread deals with. If you feel it to be productive and can find the time for it, kindly look into it.

As a matter of fact, any other programmer may also look into my request and perhaps find some value in the indicators to spend the time for developing the indicator.

Thanks

TT

Hi LukeB my request is on alarm only,

imagine 3 sets, A,B,C

we can set

A with x TF and x <or> Master probability level

B with x TF and x <or> Master probability level

C with x TF and x <or> Master probability level

and when it s match ABC in the same time, we have an alert ring

Thank you very much for your help

As it will probably be a week before I get to work on this again - here are my latest changes:

http://www.multiupload.com/IFL8HUQB8E

Includes:

- will draw a Moving Average of the Master probability - Set ChartSmoothedProbability true.

- Displays the signal grid - DispSignalGrid true

- Display the signal grid with only the time frames valid for the charts Master Probability: DisTFLimits true

- Displays a One Bar Direction change to the current probability values in the signal grid.

- Includes lololo's alarm: MitiTFAlarmOn true.

lololos alarm uses this array for the values to trigger on - put in the trigger values and it should alarm when all are exceed (a positive value should work for both positive and negative)

// M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1, MN1

double TFAlarmLevels[] = {0, 10, 20, 0, 0, 10, 0, 0, 0 };

- so, put your values in there and see if it works. Post back what needs to change there, and what values make sense.

Still haven't thought enough about TrueTrader's ideas to decide if that is quick, takes awhile, or is hard. Just the basic Master Prob values exceeded or do not exceed a value is available by looking at the displayed numbers, and the current direction is in the 1BarDir signals.

Edited by LukeB
lastest code version link.

Lot of work LukeB. I wish I could write indi like you. I do not know if I am right but Lines of your last indi are not the same as in one before on my MT4.

I think we should go in a way to keep it simple.

This is indi you post before with my on off settings.

http://www.multiupload.com/DRUE6WUVNF

Edited by Fortuna

I can look, maybe in the array references that were supposed to make the grid display easy - I made one significant change to the Master Probability calculation that I am aware of, but this appears to be in the code you posted - a condition that cannot be right from the original II_PIP Accumulator was copied into mine. This problem made the indicator values visibly wrong at certain times in the chart history.

Here are the original lines (they reference the zero candle of the chart timeframe for all timeframes and candles):

if (SAR[j] < Open[0]) Signal_SAR[j] = 1;

if (SAR[j] > Open[0]) Signal_SAR[j] = -1;

if (Low[sMA1_shift] > SMA1[j]) Signal_SMA1[j] = 1;

if (High[sMA1_shift] < SMA1[j]) Signal_SMA1[j] = -1;

They are replaced with:

double candleOpen = iOpen(CHARTSYMBOL,IDXperiod,candleToProcess);

double candleLow = iLow(CHARTSYMBOL,IDXperiod,candleToProcess);

double candleHigh = iHigh(CHARTSYMBOL,IDXperiod,candleToProcess);

if (SAR[j] < candleOpen) SignalGrid[j][sIGSAR] = 1;

if (SAR[j] > candleOpen) SignalGrid[j][sIGSAR] = -1;

if (candleLow > SMA1[j]) SignalGrid[j][sIGSMA1] = 1;

if (candleHigh < SMA1[j]) SignalGrid[j][sIGSMA1] = -1;

I also made the All Time Frame calculation configurable to use only the TimeFrames valid for the chart Master Probability or all time frames (UseTFLimits = false). Other than that, the code for the probabilities should have remained the same.

Edited by LukeB

Probability Master based on RSI bars indi I posted is more visible than just the numbers with Signal Amalgamator. I am gratefull to LukeB for his work.

If there is imperfect human we need a good indicator. Yes, we do not want to fall into indicator abyss.

"Focus on learning how to trade then it will not matter which indicator you use or how the indicator looks" This is questionable. Wartime, give us please advise how to trade. Show us your statement or you are just talking?

LukeB I do not insist, be free. If you do not want to add anything else that is ok. :)

Edited by Fortuna

Fortuna, I found why the indicators changed:

When making grid rows match original, I swapped RSI and and SAR without swapping their percents.

This:

double SignalPercents[] = {25, 25, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10};

Change to:

double SignalPercents[] = {25, 10, 25, 10, 10, 10, 10};

and you get the same signal.

Edited by LukeB

Signal Amalgamate updated, v1.08.

http://www.multiupload.com/IFL8HUQB8E

I've done what I set out to do with Signal Amalgamate - It now has pivots. The pivots are natural to this indicator - we have a 360 degree rotation of the signal every two boxes, and the pivots are calculated for that cycle.

This is my source for Pivot formulas - and the 4 pivot styles are each implemented:

www.earnforex.com/pivot-points-calculator

extern int PivotCalcMethod // "0-off; 1-FLOOR; 2-WOODIE; 3-CAMARILLA; 4-DEMARK

There are about 100 people downloading these updates - so I know at least that many look at this forum. Please participate, give back if you benefit from this community or the code. I know just from searching for Pivot code, and ending up just writing it - there are a some code samples here that could be beneficially picked up by people doing other work. If you use what I've contributed - please post a msg to me.

Edited by LukeB