Pip Accumulator

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raitis cycle filter...

i had some view on it watching the market. this is unfortunately a bad bad bad repainter. e.g. using it with H1 Setting on M1 Chart, you can see, that it could repaint the complete 59 sticks from the last our, when the market changes its behaviour. so you can only rely on the color the filter has set the hour before :-(

Hello Frnds.. Good start of the week . Just made $ 1029..

Today i had some imp. work so couldnt trade the London open.. when i came back couldnt spot a oppurtrunity.. so i was itching to trade.. so just traded eur/gbp which was in loss.. :)) After that spotted few opportunities, kept my greed in control and made my day... check it out...

Hello psaini1973 and all members of this thread,

I recently saw this subject and have read all the pages.

@ psaini1973:

I have two questions if you don't mind.

What is the reason/logic for you to usually act on m15 and than sometimes on m5?

Do you use (momentum) indicators for timing the entry and exit, or is everything youre looking at

displayed in the screenshot?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ikke

raitis cycle filter...

i had some view on it watching the market. this is unfortunately a bad bad bad repainter. e.g. using it with H1 Setting on M1 Chart, you can see, that it could repaint the complete 59 sticks from the last our, when the market changes its behaviour. so you can only rely on the color the filter has set the hour before :-(

Hello ProfNuke,

This Raitis cycle filter is not repainting afther the bar is closed, the "repainting" you mention is just the nature of (most) MTF indicators.

Regards,

Ikke

Hello Family.....

I have an idea, maybe this is not good for everyone, but sometime for me is just to hard to switch from M15 to M5 to look for the entry bar....if we can integrated signal that come from M15 then after we switch to M5, the signal from M15 still there, and the signal box still there to, so we just only need search for the bar entry in M5 but not signal or box generated by M5.....This is possible i think. I got this Idea from Squalou in another thread outside, so it is better consistent signal, By adding the parameter box time frame M15.

I am not the programmer and i am blind about MQL4 codes but if you (especially soundfx, musketeers, and any godfather of EA and indies here) could have some time for see the code inside this indies :

http://www.4shared.com/file/8xIDKwrD/sqDynamicBreakoutBox_2.html (this is not a promotion or what so ever!)

Something like this :

- Inputs:

* BoxLength and BoxTimeFrame: define the minimum duration of the congestion areas

* Better than specifying a number of bars, because this will not independ

* on the chart's timeframe;

extern int debug = 0;

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//---- buffers

double highBO[],lowBO[];

double highBOcont[],lowBOcont[];

double periodForMinRange[];

double BuySignal[],SellSignal[];

int _period,_minP,_maxP,_prevP;

double _Range;

datetime current_box_forming_time,current_box_1st_bar_time;

string prefix;

string strBoxRange;

int BarsBack,lasttime;

bool force_full_redraw;

double pip;

int pipMult,pipMultTab[]={1,10,1,10,1,10,100}; // multiplier to convert pips to Points;

double TP[10],TPInput[10],TP_pips[10],BuyTP[10],SellTP[10];

double BoxHighValue,BoxLowValue,BoxExtent,highBOvalue,lowBOvalue,BOExtent;

double SLInput,SL_pips;

int init()

{

pipMult = pipMultTab[Digits];

pip = Point * pipMult;

prefix = "sqDynBO"+BoxLength+" "+BoxTimeFrame+" "+BoxRange;

RemoveObjects(prefix);

strBoxRange = "FIXED "+DoubleToStr(BoxRange,0)+"p";

if (AutoBoxRange == true) strBoxRange = "ADR"+DoubleToStr(AutoBoxRangeDailyATRperiod,0)+"x"+DoubleToStr(AutoBoxRangeDailyATRfactor,2);

_Range = BoxRange * pip; // convert pips to price range

if (BoxTimeFrame==0) BoxTimeFrame=Period();

_period = BoxLength * BoxTimeFrame/Period();

_minP = _period;

_prevP = _period;

I think the code still there, and i think this code will improve the indicator and the way trades.

This is just my 2 cents.

Thank U.

Note :

What is the reason/logic for you to usually act on m15 and than sometimes on m5?

[/Quote]

See psaini have two chart on M5, and M15 (for confirm).

Edited by Roels Major
"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

Hi Roels Major,

If I understand you correctly, you're looking for a 5min chart which looks like this with only the arrows currently shown as Yellow and Blue (15m signals) - plus the boxes on the 5m would relate to those arrows rather than the normal 5m ones (5m arrows and boxes wouldn't be seen at all):

http://i52.tinypic.com/2q03xfk.jpg

I'm not convinced that this is a good thing to do. Signals from the 15m are very late on the 5m chart, sometimes we'll catch good moves and other times we'll be in so late that we'll be in losing position from the start and won't be able to bale out with a small loss (because we'll end up waiting for the retracement to complete which can end up being a reversal).

Changing the code to do this is possible though not simple because we have 5 different types of entry which determine where the arrows/boxes appear. Plus we need to ensure that what we had before continues to work ok.

IMHO A good way to trade the system is to pay attention when you get a signal on the 5m, though purely treat this alert and arrow as a warning that a good place to make a trade may be coming up soon. However before entering a trade, check the 15m for confirmation (no Pip_Accumulator indi required on 15m). If we get a buy signal on the 5m and 15m is moving up or has a spike pushing up etc. then the trade is more likely to be successful.

@ psaini1973:

Do you use (momentum) indicators for timing the entry and exit, or is everything youre looking at

displayed in the screenshot?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ikke

Hello Ikke.. i am using 5 Min TF 4 my trading... My favorite TF used to be 15 Min. but since from the last month or so mkt are in range so i thot that i shld trade soundfx pip accumulator with 5 min TF so as to catch easy and fast 15-20 pips... Now it has bcom a very imp part of my trading...

I sometimes trade 15 Min TF as i have no signal in 5 Min TF or i feel that current trend will continue so its better to trade following 15 min TF... i dont trade beyond these two TF.. as i am trading multiple pairs at a given point of time so i have to be on my toes to enter or exit a trade.

i am only n only using soundfx pip accumulator and pivot points in my trading... i like 2 keep my trading as simple as i can ..

Thanks

Edited by psaini1973

Hi Roels Major,

If I understand you correctly, you're looking for a 5min.....

Thanks for the describes me the system soundfx.....I am so sure I can't trade this coz it does not suit my style, but I think psaini and abdul73 are traders to be born (accomplished) with style like this.....

Keep the good job!

Edited by Roels Major
"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

@ Vikram88 i think u r in India. so here are the local timings in IST of the following mkt

JAPAN Open 04:30 Am Close 01:30 PM

European Open 11:30 AM Close London close

London Open 12:30 PM close 09:30 PM ( From 30 Oct 2011 London will start at 01:30 PM and close at 10:30 PM DST will end)

USA Open 05:30 PM Close 02:30 AM ( From 6 NOV 2011 USA will start at 06:30 PM and close at 03:30 PM DST will end)

@ Raven Hello Frnd i have already described in details many times about my trading style and ideas , i suppose u will have to read a few posts

Yes i do wait 4 recent highs and the lows . daily highs n lows.. yesterday high n lows, pivot points.. i mean all basic things which we all use in our daily trading... thanks

Edited by psaini1973