Pip Accumulator

Herman,

I think psaini is already an accomplished manual trader - which helps a lot ;)

Psaini,

As you're a star performer with this system it would be interesting to hear a bit from you about how you decide which trades to enter...

Do you have a set bunch of currency pairs that you always trade with II_PipAccumulator on them all ?

I'm interested to know the process of how you intially select your trades.

For example, do you manually place lines at the recent swing high/low points, yesterday's high, low and close and any recent significant highs/lows on the 5m charts of each pair?

Then, so you wait for an II_PipAccumulator alert to sound before looking to see if there's a setup?

For example, if a we get a green arrow and are close to a recent swing high, then do you watch the screen more closely and enter long only if we have a closed 5m candle above the previous swing high and if probability is > 20 ?

Knowing the actual process of successful consistent manual trading down to these levels of detail will help us a lot in attempting to at least partially automate the system. Even if we just automatically enter trades at the optimum points leaving us to exit at the best time could potentially work well.

More importantly, as this is the manual trading thread, others could try similar tactics to see if they can improve on their own trading sucess rates :)

I am also interested to better know how "Psaini" choose and enter/exit his trades.

thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Soundfx and @ Henmanhess. Thank You to both of You for such kind words, it fills me with positive energy and lifts my moral....

@ Soundfx.. Soundfx i am just following a simple strategy with the help of Your pip accumulator.. These are the following points which i take care when i trade..

1) I trade only EUR/USD.. and some times EUR/JPY (it always enjoys a piggy ride).. but now as USD/CHF is again back to negative correlation with EUR/USD so i am also trading this pair also

2) For me the major of major pair is EUR/USD.. its the trigger pair for me to enter or exit a trade... u must have noticed that many of the times times when i have TP hit in EUR/USD only, the rest i close manually.. if i have to exit in loss or with partial profit it will always be according to EUR/USD

3) I always look for the recent high and lows in EUR/USD if that is broken i enter into trade but only when sell or buy arrow is given by the system and master prob. is < or > 20... some times i wait for the 5 Min candle to close below the level . Pls give a breathing space of 6-10 pips b4 entering a trade..... but some times this strategy can give loss also but will work majority of times and thats wat i am loking for..

Pls also take care of resistance and support.. this is a area where i am sometimes double minded to enter a trade or not.

For double confirmation one can also look at USD/CHF at its recent high and low and when in both pair its broken one can enter with confidence thats wat i have seen. Its a good idea to draw lines showing daily high n low and yesterday high n low or the recent high n lows.... actually i do it within my head as i have developed a knack 4 these things with a little practice..

5) Pls note that i dont trade every arrow or every break out of the high n low. like yesterday there was a break of high in e/u just 30-40 min b4 the usa open but it didnt took it as i was aware that usa open could turn the table around at any time.

6) i mean to say is that one has to be carefull when trading breakouts of low n high bcos there are fake also... but with little time n practice one can achieve good results

4) i dont trade news, i keep myself away from it.. some times its very tempting but i just leave my pc and do something else..

5) I am trying to be discipline, patience and trying to keep my greed in control.. a few months back i have lost many trades just bocs of my greed.

6) Soundfx Pip accumulator for me is a leading indicator.. thats why one can make decent amount of money by risking a few pips

7) One more thing i just forgot. never try to enter in the middle of a signal. if its gone just leave it.. suppose i missed the 5 Min tf signal.. then i might consider loking 4 a fresh signal in 15 Min Tf and act accordingly.. Like today buy signal in e/u was given few hrs back b4 london open and in 15 min Tf a buy signal was there 30 min b4 london open.. so i didnt took any trade.. just sitting idle and enjoying the euro climbing the hill..

I have learnt one thing its better not to trade one day instead of having a losing day

So this is a short description of how i trade... theres nothing special just a practice which i have been doing 4 sometime. Pls ask me anything u wish to know and i would be glad to ans to the best of my capabilities.

Thanks

Edit Post : As u people must have seen i dont use stop loss in my trades, its according to situation, its in my head.. but still my SL would be around 30-40 pips (EUR/USD). Once i m up 20 pips in EUR/USd my SL is my BE

Edited by psaini1973

u r right shabz.. but now a days theres no clear trend.. at least to me...

Trend on a 1 min or 5 min chart is difficult to see, unless you zoom right out. Just a suggestion, try using a moving average such as 60 Hma on a 15 min or 30 min chart as a filter.

Edited by shabz

Hi glamstar,

You don't need to use either II_Prob_Hist or II_Prob_Hist2 - these are more for research purposes to look for patterns. II_Prob_Hist2 is slow because it's calculating a summary of probabilities in all timeframes.

Similarly, in the II_PipAccumulator if you're not actively trading from the "All TF" probability and are only using Master Probability, then ensure that the parameter TFProbCalc is set to false to prevent excessive sluggishness.

Hi soundfx,

I've been using this version of PipAccumulator for sometime http://www.multiupload.com/E73E86XHTD

However, with my current setting I don't have any sound and pop up alert on MT4:

Arrow Determination

ArrowMACDx = true

Alert Parameter

Alert MACDx = true

Alert Prob = true

Will you look inside the code and see if something missing?

Many thanks.

The direction is clear : USD downtrend.

Note : after i saw your post about your lost yesterday, i made this joke....USD is downtrend is your chart....sorry but just take it so seriously....i am so sorry to make some of us got headache...the fact is just for refreshing....

Edited by Roels Major
"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

yes thats wat i asked roels_ major.. its been a while but he has not responded to my query and he has also not uploaded his todays results of his trades..

Edit post: mangiare i suppose no body is trading 4 Hr Tf in this system.. so the trend has to be intraday.. not long term.. i have made some good money in intraday ignoring the long term trend.. and who knows in long term where usd/chf will go where.. right now its in uptrend...

And if we talk about todays mkt its messy.. directionless... thank god i just stayed away .... saved a few hundred dollars

Edited by psaini1973

Kindly explain how come usd is in downtrend and pls also post ur all results that u have traded today.. that would be handy i suppose....

Do not take it seriously psaini....it just a kind of humour...

I mean you trade EU mostly and if we saw in your chart USD is on a down trend in our chart = USD bullish or uptrend in the real fact.....that is why you see no clear direction after.....but for me the USD strengtening at least just for a while after Obama took $6 B credit as a stimulus for the economy....

In USD/CHF, the different story coz SNB play a lot....

Sorry psaini, i can't post my trades, i don't trades with this system....

Edited by Roels Major

here is screen shots

C:\Users\office depot\Desktop\ej.gif

C:\Users\office depot\Desktop\eu.gif

C:\Users\office depot\Desktop\gu.gif

C:\Users\office depot\Desktop\chf.gif

Ahahahha.....hahahha...hahahha....another kind of joke....very refreshing....reallly......ahahahaha.....I am sorry fo this...

@ roels _major.. if its a humor no probs... i just wanted to know the facts.. i think abdul has no idea ablout the drag n drop...

@ abdul73.. hey abdul those files i cant open .. heres the procedure.

when u have a closed trade.. lets say u closed eur/usd trade.. now open the chart of eur/usd and just drag n drop on to the chart.. it will show where u exactly opened and closed ur trades.. save the screenshots ... and after that upload it to www.tinypic.com....just try it n let me know

Edited by psaini1973

Ahahahha.....hahahha...hahahha....another kind of joke....very refreshing....reallly......ahahahaha.....I am sorry fo this...

just bcoz of that kind of people others newbie or good readers they dont wanna say anything in the forums they just comes on the computer and discourage people for nothing thats why call them LOOOOOOOSER

@ roels _major.. if its a humor no probs... i just wanted to know the facts.. i think abdul has no idea ablout the drag n drop...

@ abdul73.. hey abdul those files i cant open .. heres the procedure.

when u have a closed trade.. lets say u closed eur/usd trade.. now open the chart of eur/usd and just drag n drop on to the chart.. it will show where u exactly opened and closed ur trades.. save the screenshots ... and after that upload it to www.tinypic.com....just try it n let me know

here is it again %5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i54.tinypic.com/2csb3me.jpg[/img]

more is coming

thanks psaini