Pip Accumulator

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murtamad,

Only from north to Delhi. Well, you definitely need to visit south and west and then east.

Bombay, Goa, Channai only some of the many places to visit. South is especially beautiful, which I have had a flying visit through. But, I am planning to go there one of these days.

Psaini, where in India are you? I might pop in for a tea!!! LOL

I did visit India once in the eighties for an Asian Cities Chess Championship. But that time we were only ushered around in the city of New Delhi with an excursion to Agra Red Fort and Taj Mahal. They were magnificent and still is.

Oh, btw, India's Chess Grandmaster Anand had attained the highest accolade of World Chess Champion. Most befitting as chess is generally regarded to have it's roots in India.

Also, as at this time of writing, India's Grandmaster Humpty Koneru is challenging the current Women World Chess Champion from China.

And now, we have the great privilege of learning from a great forex trader from India called Psaini!

Edited by murtamad

@nnn123: yes, this system is based on "Follow the trend" which by definition means the market will have moved some pips in your direction before entry. Our mind will resist taking a trade after the market has already moved as it's conditioned to Buy low & sell High.

But thats how money is made in forex as shown by psaini who we are trying to learn from.

@murtamad: Congratulations for writing 1000th post of this thread.

Edited by canforex

Thanks canforex. Wow, 1000th post, eventhough it was off topic... ;-) I didn't realise it. All credit goes to soundfx, psaini, vikram and everyone for their fine sharing spirit to make this thread one of the more successful one.

Dec and Jan? That's winter time, isn't it? I don't know how cold it would be as there's only one season where I live. You could call it summer the whole year through. Anyway, it's always great to find our roots. Wishing you a great time in India.

Edited by murtamad

Congrats "Murtamad" for writing the 1000th post of this thread. This thread has 100 pages and 1000th post, Thanks to Soundfx for putting his heart and soul behind this system and making it successfull and thousands of members who have visited this thread

I had no idea in my wildest of my dreams that this thread would go so long... i am just feeling so emotional about this thought. Thank You to All of You People Out there contributing to make this thread a Special one. ^:)^

CanForex: Thanks for that. I am looking forward to trying this.

Psaini : I was in New Delhi in Jan 2010, boy, it was cold in the morning. We went to Hardwar, which was even colder than Delhi (Expected). But, winter has set in, I presume in Delhi. It was very foggy when I was there, especially in the morning.

Has anyone used pip accumulator on the 4 hour and daily timeframes to trade are they stronger signals than the recommended 1 hour in the manual? Banks and Instituations trade on the 4 hour and daily timeframes.

I am also a H4 trader. perhaps we could compare our observations using this great Soundfx version of Pip accumulator for direction. The macd settings may be too slow for entry.

Edited by THANKS

Seems like the technical side of this discussion has stopped with soundFX's contributions. I created this, maybe it will generate some interest there.

http://www.multiupload.com/IFL8HUQB8E

I wanted to see what the Master Probability looked like over time, so I made it (and all TF Probability) a separate window indicator, with everything else removed.

It was a weekend coding effort, without a lot of testing, but it produces the same ending probability as the II_PipAccumulator (which it is mostly a re-organization of), so I think its correctly coded. I was somewhat surprised at it's movement - I thought it would be smoother and more regular. I was surprised at how little the buy and sell indications were related to the Master probability.

I introduced a function "GetProcessCandle" that I think is more accurate (at least in thought), but produced a much smaller effect than I expected. I tried to improve readability of the Master Probability calculation and make it a little more efficient. soundFX would be the guy to look it over and see if it should be implemented this way in II_PipAccumulator.

Edited by LukeB
Updated file refernce to one that exists.

Some cosmetic suggestions for the the main II pipaccumulator indicator

If I may please?

I trade the H4 timeframe and see some useful information in this indicator but not all necessary to be displayed for my trading.

In the image I have put my suggestions (2 x options,)

I use MTF in my trading....but use different entry criteria to enter.

I would like to use the Master probability >20 and <-20 to gauge momentum/trend on the H4 timeframe but also see what D1 and W1 are doing. Excellent information !!!!

Option1: choice of WINDOW where the indicator is placed.

Option 2. TRUE/FALSE whether to show the details of the indicators used. (Thus to change the position line of MTF probabilities,). See image.

http://screencast.com/t/XpFMERcSvZr

My sincere thanks to all on this thread.

Edited by THANKS

LukeB, Thank you for your work. Would you be so kind to give explanation how to interpret your version?

I would add "MaxBarsToCount" in your code to cut long line in separate window of MT4. I takes time to load it.

after

barToProcess=Bars-countedBars-1;

put

barToProcess=MathMin(barToProcess,MaxBarsToCount);

in settings:

extern int MaxBarsToCount = 500;

Edited by Fortuna

http://www.multiupload.com/YR15TR6YI6

- updated to limit history, per fortuna.

- updated bug, processCandle --; changed to processCandle ++; (increase the candle count to go back in time).

- added an object to display all the timeframe probabilities.

Fortuna - this just provides a history display of what the probabilities were - it was created so I could see what the probabilities looked like over time. It is not a trading tool - but having the indicator separated from the trading tool and able to be looked at over time could assist in analysis to make improvements for inclusion in the trading tool.

Edited by LukeB
updated file reference to one that exists.

Pip accumalator uses all lagging indindicators MACD RSI MA etc Adding or changing at least one to a leading indicator would greatly enhance performance

The Indicators used in Pipaccumulator are all good trend indicators. It is the probability of the combination of these indicators (20/-20)which is what we are using to gauge when the trend is strong.

For entry I use a combination divergence(leading indicator as an alert only for possible change of trend)+ os/ob condition (<30/>80of RSI) and finally trendline break as confirmation to enter.Perhaps even Heiken Ashi if you are comfortable to use them is a good tick in the box.

Canforex, sorry for delay. Recovered now after a hectic 15 days from Kathmandu to New Delhi. As with most package tours, it's late dinners, early wakeup calls (sometimes at 4.30am), quick breakfast, checkout and off to the next tour site with luggage in tow. But it was all worth it, travel sickness and all. Oh, I'm from sunny Malaysia, truly Asia... :-)

Good start in this week, made $ 593. :)

Had to close early just b4 the imp. EU news,

Pls ignore the 3 trades with 0.01 lots as this was a mistake done in hurry.

Check out: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1725/eur55.gif

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1725/eur55.gif

Wat A Day Its Been, I Cant Believe

Today when ever i thot i am done for today there came an opportunity which i couldnt resist.

One More in the Kitty, Bulls Eye.

Made another $ 458 ;)

Todays Total Net Profit is $ 2510 8-)

I swear now i wont trade any more, its already around close to 10:15 PM here in India and London is just about to close in the next 15 Min.

Good Night to all of You and sweet Dreams

Check out : http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1725/eur55.gif

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1725/eur55.gif

Edited by psaini1973

I'm embarrassed - as soon as I tested on other platforms (Lucror) it failed, with WindowNum = -1. So, most of you who downloaded must be looking at nothing. Hey, it worked on the IBFX Australia platform. I deleted the other uploads as unfit for human consumption.

Here it is, fixed, Works on IBFX Australia, Lucror - but my Oanda Demo account does not have enough MN1 bars of history. I changed MinBarCount to 50 and it works on Oanda, but the numbers are different.

http://www.multiupload.com/IFL8HUQB8E (Signal_Amalgamate.mq4)

I changed the name to Signal Amalgamate - I don't think it's much like II_PipAccumulator.

I think I'm done with this unless I get feedback to do things that tickle my fancy.

Edited by LukeB
Updated reference to file that exists