Pip Accumulator

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortuna - "the difference between Last Candle and II Pip Accu method"

The Last Candle method is supposed to find the last candle completed for each Period for the candle the probability is being calculated for (the Time[1] candle for all Periods at time the current Period() candle became the Time[1] candle), versus using the same candle number for all Period's.

Example - Assume you are getting the probabilities for the M5 Time[12] candle and that the Time[0] candle has just started (and no time has passed since it started, as our resolution is to the second with datetime variables). The Time[12] M5 candle ended 55 minutes ago ( (5*12)-5 = 55, started 60 minutes ago and ended 55 minutes ago). Unless I'm mistaken, the II_PipAccumulator will calculate that Time[12] M5 candle's probability using the Time[12] M1 (minute) candle (ended 11 minutes ago, and not in existence at the time that Time[12] M5 candle was created) and do similarly for other Period calculations. To be always consistent, the Time[12] M5 candle's probability should be calculated with the Time[56] M1 candle (started 56 minutes ago and ended 55 minutes ago ), as that is the last complete M1 candle in its Period.

Now, I think the logic in that candle selection function needs to be reviewed to see if it really does the job. A task for another day.

Edited by LukeB

Hi, Psaini....fantastic job...I see u open 3 trades simoultanously at the same time...could i get a script for that? Thanks

Hi roels major. i manually enter and exit trades. i have never used any scripts and have no knowledge about it also so as to how to use it. But yes i am thinking if there is some sort of system where i can enter or exit all the 3 trades at one click.

Just tried to cash the fast spike but couldnt manage, Just left the pc 4 lunch and it moved like a flash, entry was very late exit was too early, was not sure which way will it go after such a fast run to R2

Loss of $ 124.

Check Out : http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7598/eures.gif

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7598/eures.gif

psaini1973,

As far as I know you trade on 5M Time Frame and you are looking for confirmation signal from 15M flipping between TFrames? Am I right? Do you look for Probability Meter as well ? I am asking because I am still on my way to understand the logic that is behind ProbMeter.

Yes u r right i keep on flipping between th 5 min and 15 min tf charts, i do look at prob meter but there are some more imp things also . like the pivot, resistance and support lines. i have many times jumped the prob meter reading and took the trades and have been successful, but prob meter reading is imp. part of this system.

Hi roels major. i manually enter and exit trades. i have never used any scripts and have no knowledge about it also so as to how to use it. But yes i am thinking if there is some sort of system where i can enter or exit all the 3 trades at one click.

Best scripts collection on ff.

for your needs, you might try this one (on demo first of course ;) ):

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=3073138#post3073138

post#12 item#32

hope it helps

Best scripts collection on ff.

for your needs, you might try this one (on demo first of course ;) ):

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=3073138#post3073138

post#12 item#32

hope it helps

Thanks Freddy for the help, can u tell how to install it in MT4. and how to use it. i have never used these things. Thanks

Hi friends

I want to test and learn this good strategy but i dont know the start point .

As you see read the 105 page of a thread is a very hard work .

Is it possible help me on start point ????

Are you follow the original document and indicator and rules ???

Seems depend on experience friends change its rules

How can i learn and know about changes ....

Thnaks

Saraa

Dear Psaini1973

Do you work with original rules and indicator ????

Took a trade Going no where, had to close as "FOMC Member Yellen Speaks". and London will close in another 30 Min or so .

Loss of $ 102

Todays Total Loss is $ 226 :(

Check Out: http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9384/euri.gif

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9384/euri.gif

Hi friends

I want to test and learn this good strategy but i dont know the start point .

As you see read the 105 page of a thread is a very hard work .

Is it possible help me on start point ????

Are you follow the original document and indicator and rules ???

Seems depend on experience friends change its rules

How can i learn and know about changes ....

Thnaks

Saraa

Dear Saraa,

It is not that hard to read the whole thread, and if you are not prepared to do so, or have the patience to read it, because you want to trade right now, no time to loose to learn, then I would say (don't take it personal, it is for all people thinking like you), then i would say you will have hard time to become a trader and become profitable.

I don't want to be rude, here,

but, hey come on, post any questions (even dumb ones, it's ok) if you don't understand something, but PLEASE, make the little effort to find answers by yourself.

It's not the Reader's Digest, you need to give some time to learn.

I understand, sometimes, it is not necessary to read long, very long threads, when you are not sure if the systems discussed are profitables,

but here, you can follow our dear friend Psaini who trades this strategy with good success, so make the effort to read (at least) all his posts since the beginning!

That way, you respect his efforts and in return, you will be respected too.

Have a great day.

freddy

Fortuna - updated your changes.

http://www.multiupload.com/IFL8HUQB8E

Added GetNearCandle() method.

There is no perfect way to get and calculate historical probabilities and have them match a live candle probability calculation. I think the nearest candle method is the best compromise. The code now has three ways to handle getting the candles for the indicator - I defaulted it to the Nearest Candle method:

II_PipAccumulator method:

- Advantage: Current probability is responsive and uses current signal data.

- Disadvantage: Historical candle probability calculations can use data far removed from the time of the candle being addressed.

Last Candle Method:

- Advantage: Current and historical candles are calculated the same way.

- Disadvantage: Current Probabilities are calculated with stale data, making them unresponsive to the current price action.

Nearest Candle Method:

- Advantage: The current probability calculation is responsive and uses current signal data. Historical Candle calculations use data from other timeframes 'near' to what would have occurred in a live candle calculation.

- Disadvantage: Historical Candle probability calculations are not exactly the same as the Current / Live candle calculation.

Edited by LukeB
changed to working file reference