usd basket

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place on usdjpy 1hr only..dont enable live trading for about 5mins after placing it on the chart to allow it to update all values correctly. After that then enable live trading in properties of EA

http://hotfile.com/dl/116839374/5dc325e/EMA_USD.mq4.html

I noticed that inside of the EA default setting, some of the pairs enabled 2x and some are disabled. So, it would be nice if you would explain how EA trade and what it does /doesn't do if each pair settings enabled/disabled within EA's property. Thanks for sharing.

50 pips,

Very interesting EA. Immediately, EA opened the trade and able to close 13% net gain!!!

:-O:D * But, I am sure it is not typical since I just used default setting on only 1000.00 account, thus, lot size were way too high for the account. But nonetheless, it's interesting to see trade open in action.

Is this system works well in trending market or ranging market or both?

Would you share a little bit more about the strategy?

Again, thanks for sharing. Being in US, I can't trade Grid or Martingale due to low margin leverage and I can't trade same pair hedging.

So, I am looking for something in 'basket' type system or 'scalping', "swing". That is why I want to learn more about this 'basket' EA and how it supposed to be trade.

Edited by fx4_ever

No problems..I use default..thats it as per what i posted in 1st post.

I eat lots of meat...i dont want to know how the cow got to be big...or what it ate..if i like it i eat it..

I get given lots of EA's..some commercial..some privately coded..I get told what to run it on so i run it and test it..If i like it i use it on live and if i dont then i throw it away. Knowing what its based on doesnt make it turn a profit likewise having a manual means nothing either..Iam sure many can test and curve fit it to make it look good but if it cant work default then it wont by changing settings. If u modify the code then thats different.

Now when i trade manual thats different..i need to know what every bit is about to succeed..

See the difference guys..Just do your own testing and change settings and u will most likelly see what they do..appart from that i know nothing more than i have posted..

Sorry!!

fx4_ever..what u saw in the live trade is correct and typical..its interesting isnt it??

and yes i probably do know more than iam saying but iam sure there are some very smart guys here who will like it on default..just change lot size..

hint: i use 0.5 lot size per 5K account

If this one tickles your fancy i have 5 more like this for different cross pairs..all works the same..

fx4_ever..make sure then u grab Balia i posted..it might be good for US people and iam sure u will love that

Edited by 50pips

fx4_ever..what u saw in the live trade is correct and typical..its interesting isnt it??

and yes i probably do know more than iam saying but iam sure there are some very smart guys here who will like it on default..just change lot size..

If this one tickles your fancy i have 5 more like this for different cross pairs..all works the same..

fx4_ever..make sure then u grab Balia i posted..it might be good for US people and iam sure u will love that

Thanks, 50pips! I got your message. :)

50pips,

May I ask this?

Does this work on live account or demo only?

I see it works on 4 or 5 digits, but does it work on ECN brokers?

Does this EA work on the broker's symbol that has suffix? ex: EURUSDfxf

* reason that I asked is, I attached to the forex.com which has suffix and it didn't open any trade. I am just wondering if this is not the time to open or it is due to suffix in symbol. Also, attached to Oanda and it didn't open the trade.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by fx4_ever

5 digit brokers no problems..ECN no problems..The symbol thing i have no idea..

It wont always take a trade..it could waite 3 days before it trades..the deltas have to be right..

i suspect you didnt stop live trades in the properties of the indicator when u 1st attached it hence the trade instantllyafter attaching it to the chart..

When u attach the Ea to USDJPY 1hr chart..go to the common tab and untick enable live trade.

Make sure you have Experts Enabled selected on your platform and let the values update fully..this could take up to 5mins.

You will see all the valuse iam talking about on the chart..They will change then steady to realistic values..But if u just waite for 5mins then you should be fine.

After this time has passed then right click chart and go to expert properties..Now tick enable live trade..

Like i said it will only trade when the deltas are over a certain value as set in the EA properties. I used 300 for live accounts..So u might get trades consistantlly or u might have to waite for this to happen which could be 2-3 days..it all depends on the market.

I also ran a trade manager to close all orders down when i was in total profit of $250. When its good u will get many $250 profits..then it might go into DD for 2 days then come back with multiple profits. The trick is to close every order open when $250 is reached. It will reopen orders again u will find but come into profit again and starts over and over until pairs move away from each other

Look at the code and see if it references the pairs..and if so change them to suit your pairs naming if not standard..thats all i can suggest

Again, thanks for the hint. I figure out about the symbol. In order to trade the broker who has suffix, it have to be added in the code.

Well noted for the delta value. That could be the reason that it isn't open. Anyway, thanks 50pips for sharing the EA and all the replies that you've posted. Appreciate it!

when i tested this i over capitalized the lot size for the balance used..I set up 1 lot size for 5K..I noticed that it would go into $2500 DD then snap back into $1000 profit..50% DD isnt good but to reduce this u reduce lot size..simple..BUT this gave me a idea which i did on live account..

I ran this on Demo with lot size 1..delta 350..5K account..

I waited for it to go into DD to $2500..then i would place the same trades..same lot size as demo..exactually the same..all the pairs it has open and place them on live account manually. Then i would run my trade manager set to $3000 profit close all orders open.

The reason for this is simple..let it have its DD over 2-3 days then over the next 2-3 days bank $3000..This was very consistent and like clockwork.

1lot size on 5K will produce about $2500 DD..this why i used 0.5 lot size in live if i let the EA run and trade for me..But doing it how i just mentioned manualy then i could use 1 full lot size and not have the big DD..

when i tested this i over capitalized the lot size for the balance used..I set up 1 lot size for 5K..I noticed that it would go into $2500 DD then snap back into $1000 profit..50% DD isnt good but to reduce this u reduce lot size..simple..BUT this gave me a idea which i did on live account..

I ran this on Demo with lot size 1..delta 350..5K account..

I waited for it to go into DD to $2500..then i would place the same trades..same lot size as demo..exactually the same..all the pairs it has open and place them on live account manually. Then i would run my trade manager set to $3000 profit close all orders open.

The reason for this is simple..let it have its DD over 2-3 days then over the next 2-3 days bank $3000..This was very consistent and like clockwork.

1lot size on 5K will produce about $2500 DD..this why i used 0.5 lot size in live if i let the EA run and trade for me..But doing it how i just mentioned manualy then i could use 1 full lot size and not have the big DD..

Yeah, in quick time running this (just about an hour), I noticed what you've just mentioned here. I can see that by little intervene manually can profit 'big', I will do more test on demo and see how it works. You've worked out the trading strategy in this EA and we (trader) have to do the MM to their own comfort level. :)

hi 50 pips,

pretty wild ea you posted here fun to watch and will explore the beast. thx for your kindness :)

could you give me a hint where you posted balia, the other ea ???

greets

reiner

if use small lot chang delta same small ???

50pips said use default that he posted on #1. I just set up about 4 hours ago on Alpari $1000.00 account with 0.05 lots. Now it is at 11% net gain with $9.00 drawdown. NFP coming and we'll see how it goes. So far, so good

can this EA trade with other eas/manual trading all in same account without affecting basket? i will put this on my live cent acct...

The EA places magic numbers, so in theory it should be possible. BUT I wouldn't do that, bc one never knows how the mix up with other orders ends....