5 years of work - no repaint, high quality signals easy

Waterskiguy,

Thanks for your kind and wise reply.

I read some of our friends here have a capacity problem with the computer. Would you please to tell what is the minimum capacity of the computer should be ideal one? Or at least would you please to inform us your computer specification? i am sorry for this request.

What pair is the suitable one with this manual?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Anton

This system has been traded for a long time or a variation of this method 1 - 2 years.

You ask about draw down - I can not answer that.

This is a "tool" I provide for you to trade the market. I trade or have traded this method with great success. But just because I trade it with great success does not mean you will be able to. A lot of how successful you are with this "tool" navigating the market will come down to what is YOUR general ability, skill set in trading in general.

There are general rules that govern trading, basic principles, if you have a good understanding of those then you should do fine, if you are brand new to trading then you can't expect to have the same success trading this compared to someone who has logged 6,000 - 7,000 chart hrs. Hope this makes sense, I don't want to sound harsh and please don't take it that way but that is reality.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some of our friends here have a capacity problem with the computer. Would you please to tell what is the minimum capacity of the computer should be ideal one? Or at least would you please to inform us your computer specification?

Assuming you use 500 bars that's still 83 days on 4H time frame (around 4 months), and of course it's much more on both daily and weekly. So you could even lower it furthermore as you would think that should be plenty more bars than necessary to assess the recent trend and at the same time keep the memory consumption at very low levels even with many charts open. Just my 2 c

Great thread guys. This is what I use for a multi timeframe view of whats going on. Just turn on the timeframes you want to view. For this strategy you would turn on 4hr, daily and weekly and you will have all the trendlines on one chart. Hope this helps some of you.

hxxp://www.multiupload.com/HY3S1BT9ZK

This indicator called "#(SF_TREND_LINES_ALL)" refers to another inidicator called

"#(SF_TREND_LINES)", without which it would not work. Please also post "#(SF_TREND_LINES)". Thanks

Guest phreak
NO it does not re paint - a valid signal is when the BAR closes - the bar has to close - with any system you should not be entering until the candle/ bar closes. Once the bar/ candle closes and arrow appears it will not go away. We do not enter with market orders only limit orders. Then that way we make the market come to us a have to go through to fill our order.

Thanks for clarification, waterskiguy.

But I have a couple of questions for you:

If we enter the market below the bar (for short) on top of which the down arrow appears, we'll pretty much 'miss the train' most of time. What I see on the chart is that if we wait for the candle close in order to get a valid signal, we won't be making money on a major market movement, hoping for some leftovers (if any). The reason for that is simple - the arrow does not predict where the market goes, it only shows potential direction after the fact (when market already moved big time) hoping it will continue. In other words it's just another lagging indicator.

You also suggest that the trend on weekly, daily and H4 charts should match. What kind of market movement are we trying to catch? Hundreds or thousands of pips? According to the previous posts I understand that normally it's 80-120 pips or so. Why should we bother with weekly charts in this case? I believe daily chart will be more than sufficient for this purpose.

Please resist the notion to be carried away by a big lovefest.

I would hope this strategy works as much as anyone, but be realistic.

Suggest at least using a trading simulator like LFH with any strategy, including this one to "backtest".

It will at least give you rough idea of profitability.

If you are basing your opinion on a few days of trading you are headed for disaster.

Hear me now, believe me later.

Any strategy can do well for a considerable period and then nosedive, never to recover. Really. Take it from someone who knows.

Go back as far as you can with the best data available and forward test.

If you're not willing to spend the time and test then you've earned your losses, no sympathy.

The time is well spent; it's only time, not money.

Edited by conglo

That's the beauty of trading, you can do it your own way if you don't want to listen to others.

You got it - trade it how ever you want - what ever works for ya - the "rules" are just general rules for people less experienced in trading. Same with time frames. Trade 5 min charts for all care BUT I know most will not have success trading fast time frame. Regardless of the method used. I traded this only ever on 4 hr charts with great success but once again your general knowledge of trading will have a lot to do with how successful you are with this method or any method.

Please resist the notion to be carried away by a big lovefest.

I would hope this strategy works as much as anyone, but be realistic.

Suggest at least using a trading simulator like LFH with any strategy, including this one to "backtest".

It will at least give you rough idea of profitability.

If you are basing your opinion on a few days of trading you are headed for disaster.

Hear me now, believe me later.

Any strategy can do well for a considerable period and then nosedive, never to recover. Really. Take it from someone who knows.

Go back as far as you can with the best data available and forward test.

If you're not willing to spend the time and test then you've earned your losses, no sympathy.

The time is well spent; it's only time, not money.

Yes we always want to test BUT further MORE and what will do wonders is just learn to trade. Learn about s/r zones,

how time frames really work within each other, what are the time frames that really turn the market?, various patterns that repeat time n time again, learn and become proficient at drawing trend lines .... etc etc this will help a person ten fold and they will be able to trade any method. Once a person has mastered the above he/ she will be able to throw up a blank chart with just a stochastic and trade with great success.

Further more when a method or system is attached to certain currency pairs yes eventually you run into trouble with the method. We over come that by going over ALL the currency pairs. I am never married to one or two or just the majors. I go through about 15/ 20. Markets are always changing and when one currency pair goes into consolidation I move on to a pair that is trending, there is always a trending market, find it and exploit it.

Guest phreak
That's the beauty of trading, you can do it your own way if you don't want to listen to others.

No doubts about that! But the beauty of this forum and this particular thread is that we are trying to understand and evaluate a certain system, and the only way to do it (besides testing) is to try to expose its potential weaknesses based on our knowledge and experience.

If I wanted to do it my own way and not listen to others, I wouldn't be asking questions on this forum. So, your statement, which is common knowledge, ironically doesn't really make much sense:)

Hi All,

After forward testing the method for a week on shorter time frames, I would say this system is a trend following system. If you follows the rules, you will get high probability trades to profit. But, if the trend is going to turn into opposite direction, then we will get stopped by stop loss. This is normal because we don't know when the trend will be ended. We just follow the trend.

This is really a good system for me at all. Thanks again to waterskiguy.

Guest phreak
Yes with choppy 4 hr chart you will miss the move that's why you want WEEKLY, DAILY ALL trending - there is reason behind this.

Strength and flow, ebbs will be smooth when you have 3,4 bars on weekly all making lower lows or higher highs.

So what I understand this system is about simply following a very strong daily and weekly trend - that's why you are hoping to still catch some pips even if you miss the 'arrow' candle move. It does make sense, but in this case we better keep the position open for a few days (weeks), since the trend is a strong daily (weekly) trend. Closing the trade after getting 100 pips contradicts this idea.

Also you don't need any signal arrows and opening position 3 pips below or above the bar - what's the point in trying to chase the market by entering it right after strong move in desired direction is already competed, at least for the time being? If you really want to make money on daily (weekly) trend, you'll be better off entering the market based on current support/resistance levels and wait for pullback as long as you've established where the trend is heading.

No doubts about that! But the beauty of this forum and this particular thread is that we are trying to understand and evaluate a certain system, and the only way to do it (besides testing) is to try to expose its potential weaknesses based on our knowledge and experience.

If I wanted to do it my own way and not listen to others, I wouldn't be asking questions on this forum. So, your statement, which is common knowledge, ironically doesn't really make much sense:)

My comment was a reflection of the way you come across when you are writing. You seem as though you don't want to listen to suggestion too well and want to argue slightly off the point. I was hoping if you re-read your post you might see how it comes across and why someone might comment the way I did.

Juicyt

Any trending system relies on understanding market flow. You must analyse the highs & lows in both the timeframe you are trading and at least one timeframe higher as well. If you are making new lows in a downtrend then you must be a seller of that market, once a high in that trend has been taken out, you must re-evaluate the current trend. Vice versa for Uptrend.

If price remains stuck within a previous high & previous low, you are in a ranging market and you must employ a different strategy.

jdsim1,

Please re-up the indi.

Thanks

Great thread guys. This is what I use for a multi timeframe view of whats going on. Just turn on the timeframes you want to view. For this strategy you would turn on 4hr, daily and weekly and you will have all the trendlines on one chart. Hope this helps some of you.

hxxp://www.multiupload.com/HY3S1BT9ZK

So what I understand this system is about simply following a very strong daily and weekly trend - that's why you are hoping to still catch some pips even if you miss the 'arrow' candle move. It does make sense, but in this case we better keep the position open for a few days (weeks), since the trend is a strong daily (weekly) trend. Closing the trade after getting 100 pips contradicts this idea.

Also you don't need any signal arrows and opening position 3 pips below or above the bar - what's the point in trying to chase the market by entering it right after strong move in desired direction is already competed, at least for the time being? If you really want to make money on daily (weekly) trend, you'll be better off entering the market based on current support/resistance levels and wait for pullback as long as you've established where the trend is heading.

As long as you have red and white line below the black line you'll do fine - for shorts that is. Vice versa for longs.

If your experienced take what you want from this method and run with it or your way to trade. I can only speak about the way I have traded it and what worked for me.

Once again I only provided this to the forum for people who wish to trade this way. There will be a lot of people who understand or have enough of a skill set to just trade on their own and will not find value in this method.

That's the beauty of this forum if you don't like one method your not bound by it, by all means go to another method or system that is more to your liking.

Any trending system relies on understanding market flow. You must analyse the highs & lows in both the timeframe you are trading and at least one timeframe higher as well. If you are making new lows in a downtrend then you must be a seller of that market, once a high in that trend has been taken out, you must re-evaluate the current trend. Vice versa for Uptrend.

If price remains stuck within a previous high & previous low, you are in a ranging market and you must employ a different strategy.

Or go to a pair that is trending, there is ALWAYS a pair that is trending find it and trade it. That is why I always go through 12/15/20 currency pairs and then out of that I end up with 3,4,5, potential set ups then I pick the 1 that looks the best to me.

Stikky Stock Charts is a real gem! If anyone is on the fence about purchasing there are page examples on the website.

http://stikky.com/0003-stockcharts/0003-fulldetails.htm

@waterskiguy - MANY THANKS for sharing your system / rules and this great book.

I was searching for something entirely different when I stumbled upon your thread.

You have made my day and started my year off on the right foot.

I'll be sure to demo your system and keep up with your blog.

Hi Guys,

The basis of waterskiguy's system is to first establish if we have a Weekly trend and if we don't then we ignore that pair and look at the next for a potential setup etc.

I think we could probably create an indicator which would make things slightly easier. This could be attached to just one blank chart and would need to scan through all the pairs in market watch and check to see if the last 3,4 or 5 candles are making higher highs or lower lows. Where those conditions are found the indicator could write the details to the screen so that we can check on those pairs in more detail e.g:

EURJPY: Long 4 weekly candles

USDCHF: Short 3 weekly candles

etc.

The closest I can find to an indicator which scans market watch is this one, which scans pairs, though they have to be set up in the parameters - no big deal, though it's slicker and more "future proof" to scan market watch:

http://codebase.mql4.com/source/9683

If we can just glance at a screen each day and see a list of potential trades, it will allow us to concentrate on analysing potential trades rather than scanning through charts.

An additional thought, if we use market watch is that we should probably list the current spread for each pair. Some platforms may pick up "exotic" pairs with crazy spreads which some of you may want to avoid.

Edited by soundfx