5 years of work - no repaint, high quality signals easy

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks JosephR for the nice indicator. According to the rule, we want RED histogram for Sell, and GREEN histogram for Buy. So, could you please modify the indicator so that Red & Green dots appear not only when RSI above or below the average line but above or below 0 (zero) line as well. Thanks

Guest Jayman007
Thanks JosephR for the nice indicator. According to the rule, we want RED histogram for Sell, and GREEN histogram for Buy. So, could you please modify the indicator so that Red & Green dots appear not only when RSI above or below the average line but above or below 0 (zero) line as well. Thanks

On my end it looks like it's already working just like that. I get a red/green dot when both the white lines are below/above the black line.

Thanks JosephR for the nice indicator. According to the rule, we want RED histogram for Sell, and GREEN histogram for Buy. So, could you please modify the indicator so that Red & Green dots appear not only when RSI above or below the average line but above or below/below 0 (zero) line as well. Thanks

c0ng7u,

Is that a precondition for a 'Thanks'?....LOL....

This was meant to complement Waterskiguy's system/method, not as a buy/sell signal. In that context it acts as a filter for the buy/sell signals from Gann Hilo Activator Arrows and only on charts that have been screened for trend direction. But as you wished, I have modified it so Green/Red signals are only generated when both RSIs are above/below their respective zero lines or touching it.

hxxp://www.multiupload.c0m/11JNAN2P5Z

Update: http://[email protected]/file/4XVT5gkN/RumiRSI-mtf_2.html (see post #250

Enjoy!

Joseph

BTW, I don't claim perfection, so if others notice erratic behavior pls take a look, correct and share!

Edited by josephR

Hallo guys.This is my MM for this method for intraday traders:

-TF M5 and M15,EURUSD(Too date and try only EURUSD)

- Entry must be clear setup for M15 and M5 ( use new indicator Rumi from our friend - thank you for him )

- I add Bollinger Bans default setup

- not open trade when distance for M5 beetwen BB high line and BB low line is less then 20 pips + spread

-Exit reverse clear setup for M15

- Add the some value of position every once clear setup on M5 , only if previous every positions have profit.

For me is very good,I am intraday trader,but for this MM is dosn,t matter,because often is many exits and entries on nights (London time)

If somebody trade use this method for intraday,please share your MM and strategy.

Greetings and happy pips.

ps.

sorry for my English

Edited by forex.pathfinder

c0ng7u,

Is that a precondition for a 'Thanks'?....LOL....

This was meant to complement Waterskiguy's system/method, not as a buy/sell signal. In that context it acts as a filter for the buy/sell signals from Gann Hilo Activator Arrows and only on charts that have been screened for trend direction. But as you wished, I have modified it so Green/Red signals are only generated when both RSIs are above/below their respective zero lines or touching it.

hxxp://www.multiupload.c0m/11JNAN2P5Z

Enjoy!

Joseph

BTW, I don't claim perfection, so if others notice erratic behavior pls take a look, correct and share!

Thank you very much for the quick addition on the indicator which I believe it helps to filter out some bad signals. My template now looks cleaner. I can't thank you enough, so there wasn't any preconditions for my thanks :). I wish I could buy you a beer.

Guest Jayman007
josephR

you can indicator Gann Hilo Activator H4,D1,W1 in one indicator + alert, template to be cleaner

Would you please post the template as I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying. I think we'd all benefit from the cleanest looking template for this wonderful system.

Thanks to all that have been adding indicators to help make looking through the many pairs a quicker task.

Ok.. I have uploaded my template and indicators used for this great system.

Jayman007

If the MultiUpload stats are correct, I'm like the 89th person to download your file but surprisingly the first to say thanks and just comment on how clean the template looks and how easy on the eyes it is.

Thanks for the effort. I just have to go back a few threads to really understand how the Gann Indicator is being used.

Guest Jayman007

They are used to show the daily and weekly trend. Seems on the H4 chart the daily one looks good but the weekly one is usually horizontal.

I'm currently watching EURCHF for a buy.

Here is an indicator that combines the two RSI Histo into a simple signal, giving you a quick visual aid as to whether RSI Histos are both above or below the average line or contradict one another. It lets you quickly evaluate the state of those indicators when Gann hilo signal comes in.

hxxp://www.megaupload.c0m/?d=00G5XX7R

Go ahead and put it on a chart and look back!I found the experience eye opening!

Enjoy!

JosephR

PS Leave the TimeFrame at 0 (current chart) as other time frames do not paint properly.

When I refresh my chart the new rsi indicator changes, if a bar was black before it may change to green or red. Im not talking about the current bar, Im talking about the past 2 or 3 bars or in the past. I just noticed it and wondered if anyone else is seeing the same thing. The bars from the past dont change unless I refresh the chart, so its not repainting unless i refresh. Any thoughts?

Guest Jayman007
Guys,

Today i'm looking at GBPUSD & AUDUSD, there maybe an opportunity to go short for both pair in H4 chart..

Waiting it to break support level.

Using this system you would be looking to go long on GBPUSD and AUDUSD wouln't even be on the watch list.

i appreciate signals from this great system. Entry signals are stable. I 'd like to introduce debate on exit signals :

1 - fixed take profit

2 - gann hi lo H4 = stoploss

3 - manage open orders with trailing stop

4 - change color on rsi-indicators

5 - ...

any suggestion would be appreciated

giapel

Sorry for the delay, folks! (Blame it on that pesky little thing in life called "Day Job") ;)

I fixed the issues with the indicators and I am really sorry if this caused any problem for anyone. I guess that is par for the course in the Open Source World, eh?

Here is a quick description of what is included:

RumiRSISignal+ZLFilter.MQ4:

Gives the RSI signal in the current chart timeframe. It also paints one of the two RSI lines and its average line. Set drawRSI flag to false, if you dont want to see the lines.

RumiRSISignal-MTF:

This paints two signals in two higher timeframes. 0 for the TimeFrame1 means current chart timeframe but for TimeFrame2 means next time frame relative to TimeFrame1. If you only want to see TimeFrame1, then set TimeFrame2 to -1. So, if you are on 15 min chart, 0,0 will get you 15 minute and 60 minute tfs (I skipped 30min!! but you can force it.)

This will depend on the RumiRSISignal-MTF-Fnc.ex4 to be in your indicator directory.

AlphaTrader+RumiRSI-MTF-15.tpl

This is Jayman007's good looking template with minor additions and MTF indicators, for the 15min charts, but you can easily change it for your favorite period(s).

Two notes of caution:

1-While I have tested for the repainting issue in real time, I did not have access to RT data for the MTF indicator. Please use caution!! Open Source is always work in progress!!

2-Please be careful using and interpreting higher time frame signals on lower time frame charts on historical data. They look too damned good, but they hide the fact that they peek into the future to tell the past/present, something that is sorely lacking in real time!! So if you are coming up with a system that relies on higher tf signals make sure you account for the fact that those signals are, for the most part, useless until the higher timeframe bar closes. I am sure you knew that already but just a reminder.

So, here it is:

http://[email protected]/file/4XVT5gkN/RumiRSI-mtf_2.html

Enjoy!

Edited by josephR