KangarooEA

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth, I no longer qualify for a refund for my license for Kangaroo as I am now well into the positive on my live account at The Collective for December and January. Granted, anything can happen before my 60 days are up but if Kangaroo keeps up the pace that it has been trading this week, I'm going to be a very happy person!

One thing is for certain: The fact that MB Traders does not accept expiration date/times is a HUGE problem for Kangaroo. I suspect that the reason it is losing money on that demo account is that orders that would have expired on other brokers and Kangaroo can't rescue them.

i have had 140 pips since i have been demoing. given id did not trade for 2 weeks, that's about 140 in a month. i got given a demo by an early purchaser but purchased before they raised their price. i have no gone live yet, but find the entries very logical.

i have some EAs which i wont hear from for months on end then claim 50 pips every now and then. that's the idea of EAs to me. they can wait and wait and wait for their particular logic to be triggered knowing that their trades are statistically sound. they dont sleep so i can.

the new pair they are releasing soon should double the trades and profits, id sign up for 12% per month from an EA, give me the papers! granted if i go live i will probably run the EA at lower risk settings then recommended, but my accounts are on the larger side so even just one profitable trade in a month would cover the monthly subscription many times over. if you had a small account under $1000 this EA would not be worth it.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

One thing is certain, it is a waste of time and money when used with MB Traders. It hit it's second full SL this week becuase the EA doesn't understand that MB Traders doesn't give a hoot about their expiration date on pending orders. But it does work great on The Collective. So if you need to trade MB, set up a trade copier from The Collective to MB Traders and it should be ok... until Kangaroo wants to hedge. I still wish they would do the math and then give a valid explanation why hedging is better than just closing one losing position...

Seemed like it is broker dependent, tested on Go Markets and have 6 consecutive losses. Going to change to Alpari UK.

see statement:

It isn't doing so hot on Alpari. No losses to date but it isn't taking even 50% of the trades that The Collective has taken. Maybe with their ECN account things would be different.

I have had no losses to date, been running since first week of December 2010.

My broker is Collective, same as they're using on their accounts. So far so good.

Knock on wood. :)

For TadawulFx etc: I think perhaps for brokers with higher spreads it might be good idea to reduce the max_spread setting from 5 to 3 or so might prevent getting into trades prior to big moves...?

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

If it makes you money then compensate the vendor,, instead of just stealing and publishing it for free on publick and have pirates selling

it for 5$ on some websites!!

Glad that you're now against pirating not like in the past where you condoned it...

Vijay, showing interest in a vendor's EA to earn his trust and asking him to send you a Demo copy only to share it here on this forum is too slick!

One thing is certain, it is a waste of time and money when used with MB Traders. It hit it's second full SL this week becuase the EA doesn't understand that MB Traders doesn't give a hoot about their expiration date on pending orders. But it does work great on The Collective. So if you need to trade MB, set up a trade copier from The Collective to MB Traders and it should be ok... until Kangaroo wants to hedge. I still wish they would do the math and then give a valid explanation why hedging is better than just closing one losing position...

Collective FX site seems like down for upgrade, they mentioned they are connecting to even HotspotFX, is it so? HotspotFX is the institutional broker acquired by Knight. The liquidity pool shd be large.

I'd wish to experience their MT platform soon. Is the spread for AUD/USD good?