New Forum Platform. Post bugs & errors

MrAdmin

• Administrator

Hello,

Over the weekend, I converted Indo-Investasi from Vbulletin to Invision Community. All the member accounts, topics, posts, etc., have been automatically added to the new platform. However, some user accounts were changed during the conversion, or the email is no longer active. 

Let us know if you like the new forum software, need help restoring your account, or need help with forum features like signature, notifications, etc.

Your feedback is important to me!

"He's nervous, but on the surface, he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin'"

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, smithee said:

How do I search for the latest posts with nothing specific in mind? Just all the posts made during a custom date range, ie the last 4 days?

Browse (Header button) \ All Activity

https://indo-investasi.com/discover/?&view=condensed

Can we change this so we can see new posts over a custom date range or since last login? Can we also select to see just new posts not people joining, reactions to posts, etc. The way it's currently setup is very difficult to read and see what's new that might be of interest or is a post to a thread that I'm subscribed to. Thanks.

Currently, Group - Trading Platform is missing sub-groups for following Platforms, though old or not so widely used, infact, some help / guidance / reosurce sharing could be useful. Correct me if I have misdirected myself

Metastock upto version 11

Dynamic Trader

Motivewave

Optuma

Timing Solutions

Wave59

Miscellaneous like MTPredictor, TradingBlox, Chart Navigator, Other Freeware, Turtle Trader, Market Warrior etc.

Edited by FFRT
few more added

57 minutes ago, laser1000it said:

Indo-Investasi started well when many users gave their voluntary work....

...then unfortunately the reversal engineering of several DLL has became very hard, many sellers have taken over  

now we find ourselves with a dead forum....there are few resources left ...and we just see "please reupload", "please share" and so on 

+ Join in Group Buy 🤓😛

2 hours ago, laser1000it said:

Moderator PLS delete my post ......I don't like unsuitable replies

Well, 3 years ago, in a similar topic opened by you 

people replied worrying about like/unlike buttons (sic!) instead of facing a strategical question that in the following years was never solved (apart from banning jhonsnow).

Instead he (jhon...)  is always remembered (even by the Staff) as a smart guy who sells (sells!) at affordable prices cr@cked content.

Why should guys like laser and others, provide for free their "voluntary work"?

Did the Staff (previous) ever had a strategical view of what Board they wanted to keep alive?

Edited by Minion

• Administrator
On 4/15/2024 at 6:19 AM, flipper26 said:

I don't have anything listed under Managed Content. Did we lose the history of which threads we subscribed to in the past? Thanks.

Yes. Unfortunately, I think the thread subscriptions have not been transferred. These converters are not perfect, however, you can resubscribe again on the topics you are interested in:

ii_thread_notifications.png

15 hours ago, FFRT said:

Currently, Group - Trading Platform is missing sub-groups for following Platforms, though old or not so widely used, infact, some help / guidance / reosurce sharing could be useful. Correct me if I have misdirected myself

Metastock upto version 11

Dynamic Trader

Motivewave

Optuma

Timing Solutions

Wave59

Miscellaneous like MTPredictor, TradingBlox, Chart Navigator, Other Freeware, Turtle Trader, Market Warrior etc.

In my opinion, if the platforms are no longer used or there are new versions of the platforms, we should focus on those. Not many people will contribute there, so the categories will stay un-updated, which is not something we want.

I will check the list and we can all prioritize which categories for trading platforms we should add

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Minion said:

Well, 3 years ago, in a similar topic opened by you 

people replied worrying about like/unlike buttons (sic!) instead of facing a strategical question that in the following years was never solved (apart from banning jhonsnow).

Instead he (jhon...)  is always remembered (even by the Staff) as a smart guy who sells (sells!) at affordable prices cr@cked content.

Why should guys like laser and others, provide for free their "voluntary work"?

Did the Staff (previous) ever had a strategical view of what Board they wanted to keep alive?

I missed some heavy conversation here, so I will give my input based on the remaining pieces and my point of view, as there are matters beyond me here.

1. I believe material sharing should be based on mutual benefit. We can not have people who only spend their time offering while others only download and use. This can not work in the long run, and I need your help to identify a solution. Maybe a private vault is only for premium/old users. Still, I am waiting for your input here.

2. Regarding the strategy for the community. IndoInvestasi should continue to evolve in a community of traders that share actual trading knowledge, where companies in forex will want to advertise, co-organize trading contests, get reviewed, collect feedback, etc, and newbies sign up to get help. 

Being only a vault of resources will not work. Users will come, take what they need, and leave. I think we can be better than that.

I'm afraid I have to disagree that II is a dead forum. It has definitely slowed down. Yet I'm amazed to see members still active after 10-12 years of signing up. This is awesome, and I appreciate you folks. You are the actual blood of II, keeping it alive for so many years.

8 hours ago, MrAdmin said:

I missed some heavy conversation here, so I will give my input based on the remaining pieces and my point of view, as there are matters beyond me here.

1. I believe material sharing should be based on mutual benefit. We can not have people who only spend their time offering while others only download and use. This can not work in the long run, and I need your help to identify a solution. Maybe a private vault is only for premium/old users. Still, I am waiting for your input here.

2. Regarding the strategy for the community. IndoInvestasi should continue to evolve in a community of traders that share actual trading knowledge, where companies in forex will want to advertise, co-organize trading contests, get reviewed, collect feedback, etc, and newbies sign up to get help. 

Being only a vault of resources will not work. Users will come, take what they need, and leave. I think we can be better than that.

I'm afraid I have to disagree that II is a dead forum. It has definitely slowed down. Yet I'm amazed to see members still active after 10-12 years of signing up. This is awesome, and I appreciate you folks. You are the actual blood of II, keeping it alive for so many years.

I am old now.

I was a Staff member in a p2p community some 20 years ago and we had a strategical view in that field, a line of conduct, some "musts" (for example being rigorous even towards "active" members that lacked respect to the community... you know, some people think that they are untouchable and can do or write whatever they want). That's why (I repeat it like a broken record) what I didn't understand was the lack of strategical vision that, like a disease, "poisoned" the spirit of some "voluntary contributors".

Surely this field (trading) is very very different from the one I was used to (p2p) and, since money is involved, maybe paying some $ for something that is sold at 100/500$ is the right "strategical decision" and, advertising it, is the lesser of two evils.

I wish you all the best in re-building this Board.

There are a lot of contributors, posting magazines, courses, books.

Let's hope they will go on with their appreciated contribution.

• 2 weeks later...