KangarooEA

"In Demo Account in works fine"

Ahem, sure...

1. The mq4 is not even compiling (full of errors)

2. Still has the dll function calls inside

3. But the dll is missing from the rar archive

4. The website you linked can accept comments. I have wrote there that this version is not working. Guess what? My comment was moderated out.

5. Therefore I think that download is just for pumping up the traffic of that site (Google Ads?).

6. I rather won't guess who is the owner of that site or link. We would not be surprised.... :)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem, sure...

4. The website you linked can accept comments. I have wrote there that this version is not working. Guess what? My comment was moderated out.

5. Therefore I think that download is just for pumping up the traffic of that site (Google Ads?).

6. I rather won't guess who is the owner of that site or link. We would not be surprised.... :)

yep doesn't even compile and if he thinks that he can make some free money through google ads link, guess what the Kangaroo copy right holder will do to him when they get his details from google???

the saying: "penny wise and pound foolish" comes to mind

Also, that is an older version, which had some bugs that needed to be fixed. Particularly the news update, and some compatibility with ECN brokers. The newer version fixes all that. :|

Ahem, sure...

• 2 weeks later...
Kangaroo uses the forex factory news file for news that is in categories, high, medium and low. However you will find that the default settings uses something of a custom news filter. This data comes via the DLL. The news file in both the tester and the files folder does not contain any custom category news. This is the great magic of kangaroo. They must have back tested news feed after news and only found out that a few high impact news items would deserve the term custom. E.G NFP and Trade Balance are both high impact news accrding to Forex factory. NFP has much more of an impact on the exchange rate as Trade Balance. There for you still trade when Trade Balance is released and you do not trade around NFP.

Guest Jayman007

This ea is total ****! Don't believe the hype. I bought this EA expecting things to be what they claimed. You can see their accounts on myfxbook and see that this ea will not pay for itself and cover the costs unless you trade on a 10k account at 20% risk.

Oh and just so everyone knows, the tulip guys sent out an email today to make everyone aware that you have to multiply the risk setting by 4 to get the TRUE DD risk. So the default of 5% is really a 20% risk.

They also claimed in the email that all the platforms closed in profit with is another lie. You can see for yourself on their myfxbook

04.18.11 16:50      04.19.11 11:35      EURUSD      Buy      0.55      1.41500      1.42760      1.42100      1.42760      66.0      363.00      18h 45m      3.63%       
04.18.11 15:15      04.19.11 11:35      EURUSD      Buy      0.55      1.41500      1.42760      1.43410      1.42760      -65.0      -357.50      20h 20m      -3.58%       
04.18.11 16:00      04.19.11 11:35      EURUSD      Buy      0.55      1.41500      1.42760      1.42600      1.42760      16.0      88.00      19h 35m      0.88%       
04.18.11 15:05      04.18.11 15:10      EURUSD      Sell      0.55      1.44290      1.42910      1.43090      1.43470      -38.0      -209.00      4m      -2.09%

Maybe someone can post the calculator they use to add all that up and get a positive number. That is the traded from their account not mine. Although mine had a similar loss.

And if you do buy this thinking you can get a refund... forget about it. They refused me telling me that it's profitable and I must be doing something wrong.

That was a messy trade! Got into the market right when that American credit rating news hit and the market went haywire.

I am happy with the KangarooEA. I have been running it for a while, so am well above any loss a SL would give. You would only need a $1k account to easily clear the subscription fee and I reckon the service they provide is good.

The risk is not a percent. They explain it in the manual. It is just a number. Not a percent. On other EAs they claim it to be a percent but the drawdowns are much bigger than the value, so at least this one has a rule to follow with it.

My trades on the messy Euro trade yesterday closed out at take profit. Usually the first trade which closes at a loss gets made up, but this time it didn't - maybe because of the big drawdown it just got out when the 3 euro trades got to profit.

Guest Jayman007

Well considering you're a break even trader no wonder that you like paying a monthly fee to break even. For me I would love to sell my license at a discount because the developers refuse to accept refunds unless they feel it's deserved and from what I see this will never make you more money than a bank would.

Maybe I'm just on the wrong broker. Would be nice if the developers are listening to let your paying customers use this on more than one 1 or at least more than one demo so we don't have to waste months of fees just to figure out where this drives best.

If you ask me, these developers seem to be struck by greed.

Edited by Jayman007

This ea is total ****! Don't believe the hype. I bought this EA expecting things to be what they claimed. You can see their accounts on myfxbook and see that this ea will not pay for itself and cover the costs unless you trade on a 10k account at 20% risk.

Oh and just so everyone knows, the tulip guys sent out an email today to make everyone aware that you have to multiply the risk setting by 4 to get the TRUE DD risk. So the default of 5% is really a 20% risk.

They also claimed in the email that all the platforms closed in profit with is another lie. You can see for yourself on their myfxbook

04.18.11 16:50      04.19.11 11:35      EURUSD      Buy      0.55      1.41500      1.42760      1.42100      1.42760      66.0      363.00      18h 45m      3.63%       
04.18.11 15:15      04.19.11 11:35      EURUSD      Buy      0.55      1.41500      1.42760      1.43410      1.42760      -65.0      -357.50      20h 20m      -3.58%       
04.18.11 16:00      04.19.11 11:35      EURUSD      Buy      0.55      1.41500      1.42760      1.42600      1.42760      16.0      88.00      19h 35m      0.88%       
04.18.11 15:05      04.18.11 15:10      EURUSD      Sell      0.55      1.44290      1.42910      1.43090      1.43470      -38.0      -209.00      4m      -2.09%

Maybe someone can post the calculator they use to add all that up and get a positive number. That is the traded from their account not mine. Although mine had a similar loss.

And if you do buy this thinking you can get a refund... forget about it. They refused me telling me that it's profitable and I must be doing something wrong.

Jayman,

I've been trading it since March 20th and I wouldn't qualify for a refund either. Because it's been profitable.

Trading on a thousand dollar account it's up $74, currently trading at .06 lots each trade. So it at least paid for the monthly subscription in it's first month.

Clearly, if I had traded it with 2,000 in the account it would have made a profit after paying the subscription price.

They don't claim that each single trade closed at profit. It trades a type of basket system (when the first trades gets into drawdown) and it closes the basket out at a profit, though one, two of the trades in the basket may close at a loss.

The TulipFX guys only stay in business if the EA is profitable. Nobody will stay in a monthly subscription long if it isn't profitable.

I plan on depositing more money as I gain confidence in the bot.

If one trades at roughly .05 per thousand, and the thing made $74 at .06, it would have netted roughly $150 for $2,000 on deposit. Don't try and tell anyone the bank will give you that kind of money on a $2,000 deposit.

Edited by markwilson

Perhaps an idea to RTFM....?

It's all described in there dude.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Jayman, it seems you don't like to read. Don't worry, it's not your fault. In the age of internet and intuitive software people are forced to being lazy.

However, I'd suggest a good reading if you don't mind:

Manual KangarooEA_v6.0.pdf (Risk setting is explained in settings part, blue table, I don't remember the page, sorry)

The file is in the zip. Also, this risk thing was explained in other places, website and document, too. The email we got is just a gentle reminder for the ones who never opened the manual.pdf yet.

Also, the 1 demo and 1 live licenses thing were on their website's FAQ (another good reading for you). If it is not enough, you can buy another licenses at a 50% discount.

However, I could not find any "hype" you mention. Even more: that's why I liked tulipfx from the first minute: they don't hype themselves. Maybe you bought several other EAs that time and mixing up remembrances. Don't worry, it's coming with age. I am also fighting Herr Alzheimer sometimes. :)

Refund: they has clear rules. I have accepted them all before clicking the BUY button. Of course, reading the rules and accepting them are two different things. I usually bind them together (read then accept). This practice used to save a lot of headaches for me. What's your method? ;)

Broker: yes, it seems KangarooEA is a great tool for finding out what broker is a ****py one and what are the good ones.

Greed? I don't know. Vendors who are selling (and then upselling upselling upselling...) 40-50k copies then leaving customers without any support are the good guys then? Just because they sold their stuff for a one off price of $79 ? Dunno. So far, I like this kind of support. It's ok for me so far. And no, I don't trade with 10k you mentioned. I have started around $1100 and Kangaroo runs fine on that, earns its fee plus a good profit.

If you thought that it will make $9999999+ out of your $100 account before you need to pay the next month's fee then... well, you are right. This is not for you. But you had the chance to consider all the facts above before buying this ea. It seems you forgot to do that.

And now you're complaining. X_X (sorry, I can't find a single facepalm smiley, but in this case I think the doubled one is also appropriate)

Guest Jayman007

Ok.. well I read this from the Tulip site

TulipFX reserves all rights to modify the membership fees or completely discontinue all or part of her services for all her software and/or products for any reason with a 30-day written notice to all her members prior to the change.
So when tulip decides they have enough money and turns this off you read it first.. OK?

Take it for what's it worth. You are at risk with this EA. Many of the forum members here are on the development team and NONE of them will admit it.

So.. I am no longer going to be berated for posting my opinion. Just be aware before buying this ea that it's not what they claim. Also, you have little recourse to get any money back if you try. Also, they can stop the EA with 30 days notice and you are left with nadda.

Edited by Jayman007

I beg your pardon, but if they were write things like "This EA and the support team behind it will be alive and serving customers forever without any interruption until God decides to crash the whole Universe." I would be more worrying. This 30 day notice sounds realistic and acceptable. Btw. these kind of conditions can be found at about every EAs which has some kind of online protection. If you'll have some free time between making two hate posts just read terms on e.g. forex-megadroid.com . You'll be stunned and mentally demolished, because they simply shift ALL responsibility to the users regarding ALL the current and future representation/operation of their EA/website/anything from the point you dared to open their website. There is not even a mention of 30 days notice and other kindnesses.

Okay, let's face it: it's revealed that you forgot to read their terms, you forgot to read the EA's manual, maybe tried to run the EA on a $152 account, maybe you even abused their stuff somehow (failed cracking it?) and now you're here to save your fast melting reputation by pulling these quotations from their terms (which are well known by all other users), by making false statements etc. etc.

Like if I were go to several automotive forums and bash Mercedes because their cars are incredibly expensive (mean: for me) and their services are terrible (mean: not free) and they even dare to offer anything less than forever warranty for their "lousy" cars!

I think we all agree this behavior would deserve some :)):)):)):)):))s.