SellLineColor=255
Notification=*** Email and Pop-Up Alerts *** 
Email=1
ShowAlert=1

My Broker is FinFX and just now i have made 1912.- Profit =D>

Greetings from switzerland

Freidenker

seems like you are just using the default setting

here's my stat for iWin combined with IndoRun and Hi-Net Grid...Started using bargainboo's setting on 28th Feb 2011, so far so good.

http://www.myfxbook.com/fr/members/richdad711/iwin-indorun/71619

Edited by richdad711
forgot to add myfxbook link

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello folks. I tested on gbpusd tick data of two years, using grid sizes from 12 to 100 from the hours of 0 to 4 gmt (7pm to 11pm new york time).

I optimized my settings using several 9-month periods of the tick data and then I tested my optimized settings using several 3-month pieces of the data. This is called "forward testing walkthrough" and it allows me to "forward test" iwin's optimized grid settings using historical data.

From the results of my testing, just the gbpusd pair, the lowest risk comes from trading a 24 pip grid size from the hours of 0 to 4 gmt. Risk is low because the largest lot size over several different 3-month backtesting periods only reached 2.56 lots (level 8) six times. My average relative dd % over those 3-month backtesting periods was only 11%. My average net profit was $12000. Wouldn't you like to make $12000 trading one pair on a micro account in just 3 months of running the ea on gbpusd pair? I don't know about you, but I am taking this to live account with extreme confidence.

These tests took me 2 days to perform on 2 years worth of tick data (99%) from dukascopy and I followed the professional method outlined in "Getting Rich With a Forex Trading Robot"

I used iWin_(indo-invest grp).ex4

BEWARE: do not trade more than one pair if your account is under $10,000. Even with this golden grid size (24 pips) for the hours of 0 to 4 gmt and low risk (remember the highest level my backtest reached was 2.56 lots and 11% relative dd), your live account can very easily get margin call if you trade more than one pair.

For every $10,000 in your live account, only trade one pair. Then wait for it to profit $10,000+. According to my backtests, this should only take you three months to reach.

So if you have $2,000 - $10,000 account - trade 1 pair

$20,000 account - trade 2 pairs at the same time

$30,000 account - trade 3 pairs at the same time

and etc.

Enjoy! and Thank fx4_ever for his contribution.

There are so many posts and versions.....can someone upload THIS version please

Lot of people made smart and prudent comments on here regarding this rapid fire hedge/Martingale/grid trader but way too many people are still either ignoring it or are totally oblivious to it. There is no such thing as a safe, optimal, or profitable settings to this EA since it is rapid fire EA not unlike the Forex Hacked one. So proper money management with proper lot sizing and all too important manual intervention is mandatory. Which would include completely turning off the EA when DD gets too much or cutting your loss to reset the EA to start over. If you have to keep asking the same question, you clearly have no clue what this EA can do. Just demo it and see what it does first hand if you cannot visualize it in your mind. As with everything... greed and total lack of knowledge will be responsible for this tool killing your accounts. Listen to the warnings on here from smart traders. This needs close monitoring and manual intervention meaning you need to have some trading knowledge not to mention proper risk lot sizing.

is it possible to have a decompiled version of iWin_(indo-invest grp).ex4, it is protected...I want to add ffcal news filter.

"According to my backtests, this should only take you three months to reach." ???

based on my test it is not at 0.1 - 0.2 lot size only three months ....

is it possible to have a decompiled version of iWin_(indo-invest grp).ex4, it is protected...I want to add ffcal news filter.

"According to my backtests, this should only take you three months to reach." ???

based on my test it is not at 0.1 - 0.2 lot size only three months ....

Perhaps you need to ask fx4_ever as the owner of it. I wouldn't decompile it as it is just great, generous share from II member!

Latest Update on this thread:

Jan 3, 2011

Hi All:

I am sorry for not posting on this thread for awhile. A lot has happened since. As I posted before, PC got infected with nasty virus.. Then, some personal issues that I have been dealing with.. On top of everything else, CFTC ruling of lowering leverage on Forex brokers in US, Grid strategy/martingale/hedging may not be work out for me personally.

However, there are many of you who is not in US, still can open an account with brokers still allowing higher leverage (200:1) still can use strategy such as Grid/Martingale/Hedging.

So, as my contribution, I will release my own EA that I developed and paid professionally coded for my own use to anyone still interested in Grid/Martingale/Hedging system. If you still believe Grid/Martingale/Hedging strategy s going to work for you.

If anyone think it is SCAM, please stay away!

~~~~~~~~~~

As I promised, here is my EA. Please see note.txt included in the zip file before you email me please. Back test looks good, but real time trading is actually better perform. It is Grid/Martingale/Hedging in all in one. So, I tried to make strategy as profitable as possible without using the StopLoss. However, if you see a drawdown that is not comfortable, please use 'manual shutdown' function to close all open positions and start again. First loss is the best loss... System will start making that money back real fast, so don't worry about cutting the losses time to time. While there's no guarantee in any trading, especially this types of trading system like iWin, I am sharing this anyone who is interested in the system. So, trade at your own risk.

Enjoy it and many pips to you all!:)

http://i52.tinypic.com/309hai8.png

UPDATE: Jan 3, 2011

New file upload: iWin(full-Magic Number enabled).ex4

Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/BU2ABZSNLN

UPDATE: Nov 10, 2010

Download EA from link below: (without any restriction on account#. No expiration date, full version)

Set files that I use also included in the zip file.

http://www.multiupload.com/H7C5SGC41W

Note: uploaded EA works on demo account, live account, 4 or 5 digit and ECN brokers. No expiration date.

PLEASE, PLEASE, don't trade Live until you give it a real time trading on demo first.

Up to Date Realtime Trading Results

2/21/2011: update

I am no longer running this system. I have to make a room for other testing.

Hi fx4_ever, your iwin is a great ea and is a combination of grid trading + martingale. May i purpose to integrate your ea with pip_strider's disrupter technology. If this can be done, martingale way of trading can be protected by not being overtraded using dis-rupter technology. It will calculate the selected level to close all to protect our equity with a small profit and prevent large draw-down. See file attached:

url: http://www.multiupload.com/ITTVI7NB6R

manual: url: http://www.multiupload.com/6ZQT81HAB9

also from the originator who educated it: url : http://www.4shared.com/account/file/WlFENM3I/PipStriderEdu.html

This ea files have been shared in this forum and thanks should go cnuse of this forum who educated it to use without dll.

I hope this can be done to benefit all from this great forums' members.

Edited by taipan

I stop using the EA when US brokers changed the margin leverage last year. That is when I decided to post my EA here for other traders who live outside of US where margin and no hedging on same pairs are not an issue. Just for short while after I post this EA, i start the demo account to show how it trades. But now most of people here now knows how iWin works, I feel it doesn't require for me to keep running the EA on demo. I am moving on to new strategy to trade to fit US broker's regulation; no same pair hedging and/or low usage of margin, which is non-grid/martingale type system.

I understand about hedging but my question was not about hedging itself, but about why you hedge at THE SAME TIME with selling 0.02, then 0.04, 0.08 etc. Because by doing that, you effectively sell 0.01, then 0.03, then 0.07 lots, etc.

I did not claim that the scheme #2 is better or worse than your original one, as they are equivalent (except for the difference of spreads). You mentioned that "This would work fine and make good profit. but, this example is bit higher than 2x martingale. next level will be 0.15 and 0.32.. increasing the lots too rapidly.", but these trades are actually the same as in the original scheme, which sells 0.02, then 0.04, then 0.08, etc with buying 0.01 lots each time. So effectively, with the original scheme

buy 0.01 & sell 0.02 (== sell 0.01)

buy 0.01 & sell 0.04 (== sell 0.03)

buy 0.01 & sell 0.08 (== sell 0.07)

the scheme #2 is on the RHS of the equations :) .

Would you agree?

Hi fx4_ever, is there any way to change the way the ea opens positions from one long one short to just one net position? i.e. instead of opening a buy 0.01 and sell 0.02, ea will open just one sell 0.01 position. This will save alot of spreads over time.

Also can I ask a silly question? I cant find much info on what MN (magic number) is. What do these numbers do? Thanks again for your time.

hi furburr,

Magic Number is a unique number you assign to your order(s) as a reference enables you to distinguish between the orders that opened by your expert advisor and the orders that opened by another expert advisors or manually.

so if you have set the MN to 511 for pair EURUSD, you should change it something like 611 for pair GBPUSD, 711 for USDJPY and the list goes on depending on the number of pairs you want this EA to trade with

cheers

hi furburr,

Magic Number is a unique number you assign to your order(s) as a reference enables you to distinguish between the orders that opened by your expert advisor and the orders that opened by another expert advisors or manually.

so if you have set the MN to 511 for pair EURUSD, you should change it something like 611 for pair GBPUSD, 711 for USDJPY and the list goes on depending on the number of pairs you want this EA to trade with

cheers

Thanks richdad!. This EA is very interesting. I hope fx4_ever can help with the adjustments to the code to save on spreads while letting the EA run.

Also how does the logic work in flipping from long to short once a cycle ends? So far observing the EA once the cycle ends it will restart/reopen a new position in the opposite direction.

I ran it on a 10k account using lot size 0.1 with 50:1 margin and made 9% last Friday on eurusd. From the thread so far I should be using lot size 0.05 instead. There was one incident last Friday when it opened out to 1.6 lots and couldnt open the next cycle of 3.2 lots cos of insufficient margin. What happened next was the EA started to open many 0.1 lots in the opposite direction in the next few minutes until the net buy and net sell position were almost squared off. Effectively the EA cut losses. Not sure if thats how it is suppose to function. Can anyone confirm this is what will happen if theres not enough margin? Thanks again.

furburr, may i know what your lotsizes are please ie TC1BuyLotSize,TC1SellLotSize,TC2BuyLotSize,TC2SellLotSize

and your gridSpacing settings as well

Hi Richdad711,

Im using 0.1 and 0.2 for the buy / sell sides, and grid spacing Im using the default 10,12,12,12,12.

I ran into another problem today. I manually shut the ea this morning after it went into profits just before it hit tp level. Price was stalling and I wanted to just close and restart the cycle. However when I restarted the cycle by turning the ManualShutDown option back to false, the ea couldnt open both sides, it opened a buy 0.05 and hit a "trade error 131, invalid trade volume error' while trying to open the sell side. It then opened another buy 0.05, received another error 131, and kept going. I had to disable the ea and close out the positions. I removed the ea and reloaded it and it worked properly again. Did anyone faced the same problem?

Hi Richdad711,

Im using 0.1 and 0.2 for the buy / sell sides, and grid spacing Im using the default 10,12,12,12,12.

I ran into another problem today. I manually shut the ea this morning after it went into profits just before it hit tp level. Price was stalling and I wanted to just close and restart the cycle. However when I restarted the cycle by turning the ManualShutDown option back to false, the ea couldnt open both sides, it opened a buy 0.05 and hit a "trade error 131, invalid trade volume error' while trying to open the sell side. It then opened another buy 0.05, received another error 131, and kept going. I had to disable the ea and close out the positions. I removed the ea and reloaded it and it worked properly again. Did anyone faced the same problem?

could you please answer the following

Account type (standard,mini,micro or cent):

Broker (optional):

Minimum and Maximum lot:

furburr:

I have Citifx Pro account and i would not recommend trading iWin on CitiFX unless you have ALOT OF FUNDING AVAILABLE. CitiFX offers 50:1 (or less) and even starting with 0.01 lot, you could get into trouble the sooner or later. This is Grid/Martingale and I would not trade on 50:1 leverage. In fact, this is the reason that I don't trade iWin since CFTC/NFA new regulation, low leverage...

As for the max lot, I was told I can place as many lots as I can place and they said it will go thru.. They told me the number, like 2000 lots per click, which I never able to place on one click. (I wish I could just try.. just once. make 1 pip and out. LOL)

Now, I only trade single swing trade on Citifx. Not even day trading on this account. I am not sure if they are allowed same pair hedging now. They are not registered with NFA and they are under banking, so regulation for this broker is a little bit different (I was told about 1/1/2 years ago)... But, I know for sure, they do not have MT4 in-house and they are still bridged to BT.

They are the only one that offers all of deposit upto $200,000.00 (same as FDIC for regular bank deposit) is insure.

Edited by fx4_ever

furburr:

I have Citifx Pro account and i would not recommend trading iWin on CitiFX unless you have ALOT OF FUNDING AVAILABLE. CitiFX offers 50:1 (or less) and even starting with 0.01 lot, you could get into trouble the sooner or later. This is Grid/Martingale and I would not trade on 50:1 leverage. In fact, this is the reason that I don't trade iWin since CFTC/NFA new regulation, low leverage...

As for the max lot, I was told I can place as many lots as I can place and they said it will go thru.. They told me the number, like 2000 lots per click, which I never able to place on one click. (I wish I could just try.. just once. make 1 pip and out. LOL)

Now, I only trade single swing trade on Citifx. Not even day trading on this account. I am not sure if they are allowed same pair hedging now. They are not registered with NFA and they are under banking, so regulation for this broker is a little bit different (I was told about 1/1/2 years ago)... But, I know for sure, they do not have MT4 in-house and they are still bridged to BT.

They are the only one that offers all of deposit upto $200,000.00 (same as FDIC for regular bank deposit) is insure.

Hi FX4_ever,

I am based in Hong Kong and Citifxpro does allow hedging using the MT4 bridge through BT. And so far I set the risk to be able to sustain up to 7cycle martingale and look to breakeven at 4th cycle. There are already a few times I have to intervene to reduce losses but overall its been working great.

I just have a question when margin gets too low. When the EA cannot open the next cycle due to insufficient margin, it starts to slowly open lots in the opposite direction until the positions are squared. Is there anyway to stop the EA from doing this?

Pipstrider failes to handle the 2011.02.01 uptrend (AUDNZD) it blows up the account no matter how high your balance is!

Pipstrider should be supervised and don't let it run wild before it is too late. Best is switch ea off on the 3rd or 4th level and wait till the trend retrace back to normal.