Cable Run from Profitable FX

Ok, here is the next update of Indo Run => Version 1.2f

Pending Order Strategy changed: sell/buy order delete opposite Pending Order for safety (e.g. weekend gap or spikes...)

Day and Hour Filter fixed

Day and Hour filter gets overide when trades are open

Changed ATR Filter Verification to check straight on open trades

Order Counter in chart changed to show only open trades

Magic Random Number integrated. Current Magic Number and change date/time is shown on chart / thanks to teknomage

Magic Number log file to write/read last Magic Number (to be tested) / thanks to teknomage

http://www.multiupload.com/9CB9DUXT3Z

Next:

Strategy Variation

Broker loging

DD loging

Others?

Cheers

good job expat :)

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tomislav, Thanks for that. I've been trading live with Figfx. mainly for tight fixed spreads. No real issues with them apart from occasional requote/slippage and they won't allow Shocker EA and one or two others. They hedge 25% of your position. It does make me wonder how reliable they are long term. Who do you use

Jumbo, here's a review from forex peace army. You really should read this...

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.figfx.com

I've also found out they have fixed spreads and are a market maker ... no further comments: do some research as to what is exactly is a Market Maker Broker, Straight Through Processor Broker and an Electronic Communication Network Broker.

http://www.35pip.com/broker/figfx/

Edited by tomislav

I tested Indo Run => Version 1.2f from march to today. It was good. but relative drawdawn was %98....Then i tested seperatly every month. Some months account blowed up. If you are lucky first 2 months go well then you may earn some money otherwise it is very very risky to run this expert live..

Yeap, you are correct. Indo Run still looks risky on backtest and therefore Cable Run as well. To be able to run Backtests was one of the main targets while I started Indo Run. Before, at least me, was more or less guessing what this strategy does deliver and what can be squezzed out of it e.g. with a filter. Where, when and why does it struggle, etc... Lets see how far we can drive this and how save we can get it ;)

However, don't load too much on the Account. E.g. with a 1000$ account you might try to run on 0.01 Lot size and Consolidated Take Profit of 1.2. A 5k account on 0.5 Lot size and Takeprofit of 6. 10K ACC 0.1 Lot TP12, etc....

Still the filter needs to be optimized and it has potential. A great find by muruku.

Heads up guys ;)

Cheers

Expat1967,

Great ! Can this version run on multi pair currency with same IndoRun_Magic.dat file? Thanks.

No, multi pairs will not work with the random magic number in one MT4 instance. You might use fixed Magic Number or differnt MT4 Instances where the random magic number range should not overlap in one account.

Cheers

Yeap, you are correct. Indo Run still looks risky on backtest and therefore Cable Run as well. To be able to run Backtests was one of the main targets while I started Indo Run. Before, at least me, was more or less guessing what this strategy does deliver and what can be squezzed out of it e.g. with a filter. Where, when and why does it struggle, etc... Lets see how far we can drive this and how save we can get it ;)

However, don't load too much on the Account. E.g. with a 1000$ account you might try to run on 0.01 Lot size and Consolidated Take Profit of 1.2. A 5k account on 0.5 Lot size and Takeprofit of 6. 10K ACC 0.1 Lot TP12, etc....

Still the filter needs to be optimized and it has potential. A great find by muruku.

Heads up guys ;)

Cheers

E.g. for the"when/what" of this bigger drawdowns. I have had a brief look into the details of the backtest which I posted prior. The big drawdowns appear mainly due to and before the release of the FOMC Statement or Meeting Minutes. Thus, the FOMC is getting this Strategy into trouble as for most EAs... E.g. I do switch off my EAs or most of it off for 3 days when the FOMC Statement is due (1 day before, due and 1 day after...)

FOMC Meeting Minutes in September 2010 GBPSD, thats an utterly bad drawdown if catched...

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5791/fomc1.jpg

Cheers

Edited by expat1967

Yes, my conclusion is that You can use it, if You check news etc. and if needed use Hedging, but in long run You could blow Your account quite fast. Made it backtesting ready and could not find good settings for less than 50k account so it blowed it away anyway.

It is not set-and-forget EA, but with manual corrections it could be profitable.

I'm delighted with CR performance that I had deployed since 06-Sep until today, 1950 pips..

Which meant daily average 80-100 pips ..thus, I still want to write rubbish here & there to hopefully give some indications ..

so, here's my ATR setting now.

double ATRPeriod1 = 3.0;

double ATRPeriod2 = 4.0; // safer at 5, again, up to you...

double ATRUpLimit1 = 13.0; // good at 13 at 11-sep!! zone A

double ATRDnLimit1 = 6.0; // good at 7 at 11-sep!!

double ATRUpLimit2 = 21.0; // good at 21 at 11-sep!! zone B

double ATRDnLimit2 = 16.0; // good at 16 at 11-sep!!

double ATRUpLimit3 = 28.0; // good at 28 at 11-sep!! zone C

double ATRDnLimit3 = 25.0; // good at 25 at 11-sep!!

if (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit1

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit1

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit1

/*|| HowTight >= HowTightDnLimit && HowTight <= HowTightUpLimit*/) MySignal =1; // all in zone A

if (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit2

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit2

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit2

/*|| HowTight >= HowTightDnLimit && HowTight <= HowTightUpLimit*/) MySignal =1; // all in zone B

if (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit3 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit3

&& ATRPrePips2 >= ATRDnLimit3 && ATRPrePips2 <= ATRUpLimit3

&& ATRPips >= ATRDnLimit3 && ATRPips <= ATRUpLimit3

/*|| HowTight >= HowTightDnLimit && HowTight <= HowTightUpLimit*/) MySignal =1;

// all in zone C (quite active, some news going on, that's why zone C range limit is pretty tide.

if (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit2 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit2

// hybrid zones, price actions go back to Zone A

if (ATRPrePips1 >= ATRDnLimit1 && ATRPrePips1 <= ATRUpLimit1

//hybrid zones, price actionss back to quiet, zone A

E.g. for the"when/what" of this bigger drawdowns. I have had a brief look into the details of the backtest which I posted prior. The big drawdowns appear mainly due to and before the release of the FOMC Statement or Meeting Minutes. Thus, the FOMC is getting this Strategy into trouble as for most EAs... E.g. I do switch off my EAs or most of it off for 3 days when the FOMC Statement is due (1 day before, due and 1 day after...)

FOMC Meeting Minutes in September 2010 GBPSD, thats an utterly bad drawdown if catched...

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5791/fomc1.jpg

Cheers

I don't know muruku I ran CableLarikan ATR mod (these exact settings except for double ATRDnLimit1 = 6.0; // your prevous post #335 was on 7.0). I ran these settings (post #355)and it resulted in massive DD (wet your pants type draw down). Draw down in sell trades while Standard CableLarikan ok 24h busting through the roof with buy trades.

Only problem is (still not rectified even after all this time) is that CableLarikan still doesn't close trades properly when in profit. I tried the WHILE loop (from a previous post) from muruku but it had trades in the wrong direction last night while the Standard Cable Larikan was in the right direction. I can't ignore physical evidence.

Demo started 8 trading days ago with Standard CableLarikan ok 24h available from post #322 at $3000. ATR 5. It is now Wednesday the following week. The demo is now up to $11346 equity $11345. All on 0.1 lots no increasing lots.

Note: I had to close trades manually for the first time last night because trades even from late last week were not being closed and were banking up.

It really could do with an "Close all trades now" parameter.

P.S Some amazing developments here and a big thanks to everyone.

Edited by tomislav

That's great, Muruku. Can you please put up a real-time link or statement (like MT4Live.com or MyFxBook) showcasing your results, so that we can compare it with our own? It'd be really helpful if you could do so. Thanks!

I'm delighted with CR performance that I had deployed since 06-Sep until today, 1950 pips..

Which meant daily average 80-100 pips ..

@ tomislav: After reading your comment here, I was actually gonna give you pointers on how to modify the robot yourself. Wanna give it a shot? :)

At the top of the code in CableLarikan_ok_24, add this line first:

extern bool CloseAllTradesNow=false;

Then scroll further down, and modify this bit of code just at the beginning of the start() function:

int start() {

double Pips = TotalProfit(ProfitMode,Magic);

if (CloseAllTradesNow|| (AccountEquity() >= GlobalVariableGet("OldBalance") + MinProfit ) || (Pips > MinProfit)){

while(MyOrdersTotal(Magic) != 0) {

CloseAllTrades(1, Magic);

CloseAllTrades(2, Magic);

GlobalVariableSet("OldBalance", 0);

}

}

if(CloseAllTradesNow){

Comment("\n\n\n+++++++ CableRun Forced Closure ++++++++\n\n All Trades have been closed on user\'s request."

+"\n When you are ready to resume trading, change CloseAllTradesNow back to FALSE");

return(0);

}

That should do it. While the robot is running and if you wanna close all the trades immediately, just change CloseAllTradesNow to TRUE. If you have any problems with compiling let me know...

It really could do with an "Close all trades now" parameter.

Edited by teknomage

I gave it a go... copied and pasted and came up with 76 errors when compiling. Teknomage gave me a hand and found that I had an extra bracket (he fixed it) and now it works. Might take a minute to close the trades though.

http://www.4shared.com/file/a8IydskB/CableLarikan_ok_24HCloseTrades.html

Edited by tomislav

This is a great thread guys. Thanks for all your work. I wish I was familiar with mq4 so I could help. I do have one suggestion. For you to 'close all trades' you have to monitor your pc and the trades. To some degree that defeats the object of having an EA. Might I respectfully suggest that a basket type close mechanism be introduced so that all trades are closed automatically if there is a certain number of total pips profit? What do people think. If I'm talking through a hole in my rear please feel free to tell me -lol

That's great idea! The truth is is that it's not a perfect world and all traders monitor their trades whether they are using manual means or an expert advisor. Here is my demo statement for that demo I started 8 trading days ago just in case there are some non-believers out there...

http://www.4shared.com/file/n-OVp9po/CableLarikan_Statement.html

I agree it's not a perfect world. Sometimes its just not possible to monitor all trades all the time when using an EA. Could someone just briefly explain what each of the settings do in this EA. Obviously I do know what first lot is-lol. Do you really think it's a good idea or was that a little sarcasm?

That's great idea! The truth is is that it's not a perfect world and all traders monitor their trades whether they are using manual means or an expert advisor. Here is my demo statement for that demo I started 8 trading days ago just in case there are some non-believers out there...

http://www.4shared.com/file/n-OVp9po/CableLarikan_Statement.html

Good! I like it! :)

That's already included in the original 24H version as well as my mod. ProfitMode=2 will close all trades based on Total Profit in pips and ProfitMode=3 will do the same for TotalProfit in dollars...

Might I respectfully suggest that a basket type close mechanism be introduced so that all trades are closed automatically if there is a certain number of total pips profit?