Cable Run from Profitable FX

I've been running on demo account as well with 0.1 lots and min profit 15. Some trades have closed for $5 and some for $55 some for around $40 some around $18 some around $32 etc. Working great on this end. GBP/USD trending up at this time. It'll be interesting to see what happens on a sudden downswing or vice versa. Any one with a previous experience and willing to mention what to expect?

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been running on demo account as well with 0.1 lots and min profit 15. Some trades have closed for $5 and some for $55 some for around $40 some around $18 some around $32 etc. Working great on this end. GBP/USD trending up at this time. It'll be interesting to see what happens on a sudden downswing or vice versa. Any one with a previous experience and willing to mention what to expect?

i am also looking forward for coming 'storm' - to see how this Cable cope with it :)

now had live trade for around 4 days (since last week), everything seems STILL ok (with some profit, no huge drawdown).

I've started one demo with ATR pips at 3 at around 10:00am (Cable Larikan ok 24HR). From $3000 to $3897 with 0.1 lots only and it's now 1:05am the next morning. Too good to be true or too good to last? Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Hi tomislav, do you mean that you use ATR_Period = 3 ? Did you change anything else from the default setting of Cablelarikan ok 24H ?

Yes. Have not changed anything else. Cable Larikan Muruku (ATR 7) doing great but with -$297 DD. Cable Larikan OK 24HR (ATR 7) huge profit as well but can't count it cause on old demo... -$70 DD. Cable Larikan Ok 24 HR (ATR 3) balance $4111 equity $4115 no DD. This one has more hedge style trades open now -$37 +$36 -$35 +$38 etc. Just have to wait and see what happens. All on 0.1 lots. I like this EA... so far... Edited by tomislav

Yes. Have not changed anything else. Cable Larikan Muruku (ATR 7) doing great but with -$297 DD. Cable Larikan OK 24HR (ATR 7) huge profit as well but can't count it cause on old demo... -$70 DD. Cable Larikan Ok 24 HR (ATR 3) balance $4111 equity $4115 no DD. This one has more hedge style trades open now -$37 +$36 -$35 +$38 etc. Just have to wait and see what happens. All on 0.1 lots. I like this EA... so far...

Nice work tomislav, thx.

You running this on 5 digit broker?

I am testing 24hr version, on 5d broker with step 170 and TP 15. Curious to know what settings you're using.

Cheers, San

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

guys, for those who never diligently read back the previous threads that some of them contained very IMPORTANT message..

here's the latest code you can refer to

1)in ATR_pips.mq4, the extern int ATR_Period=7; you can play around with 6 or 7

2)You can refer to Azam's code (CableLari etc etc) as your base

=================================================

double ATRPeriod1 = 3.0;

double ATRPeriod2 = 4.0; // safer at 5 <-- sometime I like to switch around 4 or 5

double ATRUpLimit1 = 13.0;

double ATRDnLimit1 = 7.0;

double ATRUpLimit2 = 21.0;

double ATRDnLimit2 = 16.0;

double ATRUpLimit3 = 28.0;

double ATRDnLimit3 = 25.0;

3)To solve the serious problem faced by all complaints of when Winning trades NOT close properly, you need the WHILE loop to sweep out all the active /pending orders to regain the profit happily !

if (Pips >= MinProfit){

while(MyOrdersTotal(Magic) != 0) {

CloseAllTrades(1, Magic);

CloseAllTrades(2, Magic);

DeletePendingOrders(Magic);

}

4) To monitor if NASTY broker delays the time to prevent you earn happy pips

you may want to Print out below 3 parameters on your screen to see if they fool you around.

If they are good, the delay should NOT more than 0.55 min.

LET ME KNOW WHAT"S YOUR "DIFF" :)

X is an integer variable, offset of your location to the broker..

here i put if Diff more than/equal to 3 minutes, send an email to keep track

int LastNastyTimeStamp; <-- global variable

int init() {

LastNastyTimeStamp =0;

return (0);

}

string Local_Time = TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS);

string Server_Time = TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()+ X*3600,TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS);

double Diff = NormalizeDouble(MathAbs(TimeLocal() - (TimeCurrent()+ X*3600))/60,2);

if (Diff >= 3 && LastNastyTimeStamp != TimeMinute(TimeCurrent()) ) {

SendMail("bad broker "+ Period(),

"EA:"

+ WindowExpertName()

+ "\n"

+ "Local Time:"

+ TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS)

+ "\n"

+ "Server Time:"

+ TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()+ X*3600,TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS)

+ "\n"

+ "Server Time after added offset of +X hrs:"

+ TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()+ X*3600,TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS)

+ "\n"

+ "Delay for minutes:"

+ Diff);

LastNastyTimeStamp = TimeMinute(TimeCurrent());

}

Last weekend, as i mentioned in previous thread, i was fool :P, turned on the EA & came cross eco news :- USD New Home Sales , was stucked with -200 pips (so as Ca*** in FPA until today too, not progressing... you can refer to it) .. so I forced to slam down these -ve pips & restart the $$ rolling game this week.

I would say, if you stuck with that situation, why not just slam them & restart the new day ?

This is great that you guys are forward testing this however keep in mind this this is afterall a very risky EA that could easily blow your accounts. Until you take the necessary time to generate a well performing backtest for the last 10 years, these short term forward tests (even months) will not give you the clear picture whether this EA is worth trading a live account or not. Pls give this some serious thought.

Cheers

based on my (maybe inaccurate) observation, that Cable EA is opening the buy-limit and sell-limit at the safe price (after filtered with ATR), AND expecting the opened orders will hit TP or close in total profit/pips. If no reverse and price against, Cable EA will open another against trend order, until close in total profit/pips OR ...

IF the price never comes back (and Cable had opened some positions), then we may see a trader with sad face..

i think this Cable EA is good for swinging/flatting season, but is a disaster at a really strong trend market..

based on my (maybe inaccurate) observation, that Cable EA is opening the buy-limit and sell-limit at the safe price (after filtered with ATR), AND expecting the opened orders will hit TP or close in total profit/pips. If no reverse and price against, Cable EA will open another against trend order, until close in total profit/pips OR ...

IF the price never comes back (and Cable had opened some positions), then we may see a trader with sad face..

i think this Cable EA is good for swinging/flatting season, but is a disaster at a really strong trend market..

yup that is the main problem ... that why we have to use time filter :D .... if we run the CR 24H than there will be a drawdown ....... like happen to my fxc account .... when that happen .... i will run 1 more instances of the EA until the first EA close all orders.... then i will turn off the 2nd instances :D

cycle 1 ---- if negative float then run cycles 2... if all float order close then turn off cycle 2

cycle 2

that's why in the manual, it oredi stated this is Scalper...

the ATR_Pips filter play a very important role in this play.. & as you see 70-80% of price actions are in swing mode, that's why we are scalping 15-17 pips per entry in majority of swinging period & should be OFF manually if we know when euro (very rare) & NY econ news arrival (happened almost every day)...

Hi muruku,

Thanks for all your idea and support. I’m interesting in demoing this EA and looking forward to running it in live account. But I wonder about some matter, could you please help me explain it ?

-I have a bit scare about running this EA w/o SL ? If the price run away, and there are many open position are loss floating, how should I cope with it ? Could you share your thinking about that and what do you recommend me if I stuck in that problem ?

-Do you use Close All Trade when Min Profit hit or Close each trade that get the min profit ?

-I read that you run 1 instance full time, + another 1 one during NY to Asian session. May you give you some detail ?

For 1 instance full time, I guest you use it 24h and use ATR-pip filter and no use time limit (use TelagaMas = true)? Is that right ? Can I use CableLarikan ok 24h for the first instance ?

For the second instance you use during NY to Asian session : Can I also use CableLarikan ok 24H with the TelagaMas= false and set the time for the second instance ?

I have a idea, could we add the news filter function FFcal to this EA to avoid red news ? the same with the function in Megadroid N1...What do you think about it ?

Sorry for too many question, :)

Thanks in advance

Are you guys able to backtest the modded versions of CableRun? When I do so, it gets stuck half-way through (without any errors) and then i'll be forced to stop it manually.

If there's a version here that can be backtested, please point me to the link or post. Thanks!

It gets stuck since it does not close the positions and keeps them indefinitely expecting the market to turn around and give it its basket profit. It is a concept present in many other EAs and pretty dangerous (aka "enter and pray EA"). Nobody wants to think about this at the moment since everybody is excited about forward tests etc. But the reality bell will ring very shortly, don't worry!

Cheers