Benny3's Trading jounal

benny3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i'm trading live now, from now on i'll be posting live charts from ava mt4, Ava as my broker.

I'll be getting alittle agressive on some trades if they look extremly good.

Plus i'll be opening multiple orders, if setup is good.

$500 Usd Deposit

Expert Advisor will be taking control of all my trades, compliments of Kenny, I just open the orders.

If I loose the money I loose it No Biggy

Edited by benny3

Nice journal. I've been silently following the thread for quite a while. I'm going to take a look at the system, because you seem to be doing well with it; most of your trades seem to be winners.

How is the live account doing?

Thanks, i'm glad you like the Journal and great to have you on board. The live account is doing ok,it's still early days yet so i don't want to get too excited :)

http://oi54.tinypic.com/im3seh.jpg

Thanks, i'm glad you like the Journal and great to have you on board. The live account is doing ok,it's still early days yet so i don't want to get too excited :)

http://oi54.tinypic.com/im3seh.jpg

Benny,

Curious on a couple things:

1) How did the Central Players routine work out for you on FF?

2) How much are you risking now on the trades on the live account. You are up 270.00 on 500.00 tells me that you are risking more than 2% or no?

3) Would you think that trading with the trend is giving you better profits etc.. Like obviously we are looking at a weak dollar (I can't believe how much we have dropped) and if you traded strictly against the dollar you would have higher win rate etc..?

I realize counter-trending systems are good and you never know what a true trend is in a way unless you can see the future! Just curious.

Thanks,

:)

Oh, any chance you would put your account up on myfxbook.com or something so I could track it. I am going to give this system a go for a while. I like 4HR and was trading a similar system and got killed this month from a multiplier. I will be using stops and was in process of creating my own EA for BB trading, but it seems Kenny is doing awesome! He is an amazing guy.

nice result Benny. I agree with you. A trader has to learn to control his emotion at all time. Ur account looks good at the moment. u are up by 54% in 4 trades. Good luck to you. I have been following this thread silently too. Regards.

Yes it's early days yet, so i'm not going to get ahead of myself :) all the best to you to.

Benny,

Curious on a couple things:

1) How did the Central Players routine work out for you on FF?

It's not good to me,I had soo many stop outs before I even managed to get a good trade, and if I did get a good trade i'd just be trying to make back the pips I lost.

2) How much are you risking now on the trades on the live account. You are up 270.00 on 500.00 tells me that you are risking more than 2% or no?

On the last page I spoke about going live and being allitle aggressive,and let's face it, trading is a risk. So to me, if a trade is looking like a High probability trade and the setup is with the trend and even off S/R, why not put alittle extra in? [That's just my line of thinking by the way :)] and maybe say to yourself before hand ''If I lose I lose,what did I learn from that mistake''

3) Would you think that trading with the trend is giving you better profits etc.. Like obviously we are looking at a weak dollar (I can't believe how much we have dropped) and if you traded strictly against the dollar you would have higher win rate etc..?

Definitely with the trend for now, till I start to grow my account abit more, then perhaps i'll start trading countertrend trades who knows. Yes you are right, the Dollar has dropped dramatically. 2yrs ago $500 USD was worth about $900 NZD, Now it's worth around $680 NZD. Perhaps trading against the USD would give you a higher winrate but I trade what I see on the charts plain and simple.

I realize counter-trending systems are good and you never know what a true trend is in a way unless you can see the future! Just curious.

Well from what i've learned, a trend is characterized by Higher Highs and Higher Lows for an up trend and the reverse for a down trend Lower Lows and Lower Highs. You don't need to see the future [although that would be nice :)] just learn how to read price- all the great traders i'm sure only read price.

Oh, any chance you would put your account up on myfxbook.com or something so I could track it. I am going to give this system a go for a while. I like 4HR and was trading a similar system and got killed this month from a multiplier. I will be using stops and was in process of creating my own EA for BB trading, but it seems Kenny is doing awesome! He is an amazing guy.

I'm sorry Bluemele i just don't have enough time to be posting on other sites, plus I'm dedicated to Indo-investasi they are awesome, all my trades will be posted here.I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm glad to hear you are giving this strategy or system ago.Yup i've been killed before to it's not a good feeling.

Definitely, Kenny is a great guy.

Edited by benny3

It's not good to me,I had soo many stop outs before I even managed to get a good trade, and if I did get a good trade i'd just be trying to make back the pips I lost.

On the last page I spoke about going live and being allitle aggressive,and let's face it, trading is a risk. So to me, if a trade is looking like a High probability trade and the setup is with the trend and even off S/R, why not put alittle extra in? [That's just my line of thinking by the way :)] and maybe say to yourself before hand ''If I lose I lose,what did I learn from that mistake''

Definitely with the trend for now, till I start to grow my account abit more, then perhaps i'll start trading countertrend trades who knows. Yes you are right, the Dollar has dropped dramatically. 2yrs ago $500 USD was worth about $900 NZD, Now it's worth around $680 NZD. Perhaps trading against the USD would give you a higher winrate but I trade what I see on the charts plain and simple.

Well from what i've learned, a trend is characterized by Higher Highs and Higher Lows for an up trend and the reverse for a down trend Lower Lows and Lower Highs. You don't need to see the future [although that would be nice :)] just learn how to read price- all the great traders i'm sure only read price.

I'm sorry Bluemele i just don't have enough time to be posting on other sites, plus I'm dedicated to Indo-investasi they are awesome, all my trades will be posted here.I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm glad to hear you are giving this strategy or system ago.Yup i've been killed before to it's not a good feeling.

Definitely, Kenny is a great guy.

Benny,

Thanks. :) On the trend, I mean, what timeframe tend to relate to it being called a 'trend'. A trend on a 5M timeframe or 1500 ticks is different than a weekly etc. and some traders will smack you upside down to 'fix' your thinking on what a proper trend is. haha..

You are doing good and it looks like risking about 7.5% roughly on each trade dependent upon the currency I am sure and the stop locations.

As far as myfxbook.com you don't actually post. You pop a nice clean EA on a clean chart and it does all the heavy lifting. Getting is setup may seem a little strange if you haven't used a 3rd party site before, but you just download the EA, put it on a chart that you aren't trading on and don't close it out and you get an amazingly beautiful chart and diagnostics that a 2 year old can read. Very nice! I highly recommend it! :)

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/bluemele/primeval-21/50459

Benny,

Thanks. :) On the trend, I mean, what timeframe tend to relate to it being called a 'trend'. A trend on a 5M timeframe or 1500 ticks is different than a weekly etc. and some traders will smack you upside down to 'fix' your thinking on what a proper trend is. haha..

You are doing good and it looks like risking about 7.5% roughly on each trade dependent upon the currency I am sure and the stop locations.

As far as myfxbook.com you don't actually post. You pop a nice clean EA on a clean chart and it does all the heavy lifting. Getting is setup may seem a little strange if you haven't used a 3rd party site before, but you just download the EA, put it on a chart that you aren't trading on and don't close it out and you get an amazingly beautiful chart and diagnostics that a 2 year old can read. Very nice! I highly recommend it! :)

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/bluemele/primeval-21/50459

Ok i'll consider it, and on the subject of trend, yes I did consider that there are different time frames having higher highs and lower lows etc. I guess that's why they have the saying ''Major trendor the Overall trend''etc . Also knowing that there are little mini trends you could say hapning in between major trends.....but anyway you'd know what I mean

i have been watching you for a while myself and i think the system has good potential which is evident in your real $$ stats. The only issue i have is the risk:reward scenario, but given the large time frame you use it on you have greater potential for a 1:2 or higher depending on how you handle closing out part of the position. From what i can tell you follow the trend which makes the potential for 1:2 extremely high. How many pairs do you follow with this system?

i have been watching you for a while myself and i think the system has good potential which is evident in your real $$ stats. The only issue i have is the risk:reward scenario, but given the large time frame you use it on you have greater potential for a 1:2 or higher depending on how you handle closing out part of the position. From what i can tell you follow the trend which makes the potential for 1:2 extremely high. How many pairs do you follow with this system?

14 pairs,that's all I can see when I remote desktop to my computer from work.