Benny3's Trading jounal

benny3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my first trade today on this strategy. Long on EUR USD.

Pin entry B setup on 4hr chart.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6872/trade1um.jpg

However, I have an issue with the EA. Maybe I have set the settings wrong. I want to set the SL to BE at the middle bollinger band where it also closes half the position. But it moved to BE at about 40 pips profit. Does anyone know if there is a setting I can change so that it waits until the middle BB?

Edited by chrisbenjy

I took my first trade today on this strategy. Long on EUR USD.

Pin entry B setup on 4hr chart.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6872/trade1um.jpg

However, I have an issue with the EA. Maybe I have set the settings wrong. I want to set the SL to BE at the middle bollinger band where it also closes half the position. But it moved to BE at about 40 pips profit. Does anyone know if there is a setting I can change so that it waits until the middle BB?

In the expert settings,turn Use_Move_BE to off and BE_Pips to 0, that's just there so if S/R comes 1st you can set that to what ever amount of pips you want and it'll Break even at those pips. Hope that helps.

benny3 you can right click the chart and go to save as picture if you don't want to edit out your account info every screen shot, it only captures the chart, nothing else. Just a heads up if you didn't know, and sorry if you did :). i am going to trial this out myself i think. one hot trade a week with a descent lot size is more than enough i would think. I like how you are consistent and only taking the A setups.

benny3 you can right click the chart and go to save as picture if you don't want to edit out your account info every screen shot, it only captures the chart, nothing else. Just a heads up if you didn't know, and sorry if you did :). i am going to trial this out myself i think. one hot trade a week with a descent lot size is more than enough i would think. I like how you are consistent and only taking the A setups.

Thank you very much for the info,no I didn't know that :)

Great to have you on board Syk1kz, let's all work together.

I'll be back to check the charts in a couple of hours ,just taking my son to the park,it's a beautiful day here in NZ.

Benny3

ok, guys.. some wrap-up for my trades..

enter the same time as benny did.. but in slightly different pairs.

1) EURGBP - 1st order TP at the middle BB. 2nd order got stopped out at middle BB

2) AUDJPY - 1st order TP at the middle BB. 2nd order got stopped out at middle BB

3) EURJPY - Both orders got stopped out at entry. zero pips.

4) AUDUSD - 1st order TP at the middle BB. 2nd order got stopped out at middle BB

5) EURUSD - manually take profit.

Just started live with smallest lotsize. Open 0.02 in each pairs. Total profit made: $21.90

ok, guys.. some wrap-up for my trades..

enter the same time as benny did.. but in slightly different pairs.

1) EURGBP - 1st order TP at the middle BB. 2nd order got stopped out at middle BB

2) AUDJPY - 1st order TP at the middle BB. 2nd order got stopped out at middle BB

3) EURJPY - Both orders got stopped out at entry. zero pips.

4) AUDUSD - 1st order TP at the middle BB. 2nd order got stopped out at middle BB

5) EURUSD - manually take profit.

Just started live with smallest lotsize. Open 0.02 in each pairs. Total profit made: $21.90

Man thats great wonder,stick with it and Im sure youll find em hitting your target in no time.

stay in touch k Wonder,lets try and work together.

Man thats great wonder,stick with it and Im sure youll find em hitting your target in no time.

stay in touch k Wonder,lets try and work together.

Don't worry mate. Like sharing stuff in a team. By the way, I will try to trade more and see how to select currency pairs. This time i have chosen based on their spreads. (smallest spreads come first). I will keep you guys updated. Cheers.

im yet to see anything worth trading, since the usd was making some weird movements which i posted about yesterday i decided it was unclear if it was reversing or not, apparently it was. I didn't look at many pairs yesterday but now i have it on every pair worth looking at, spread 8 or under is fine for H4 trades.

GMT differences

GMT +2

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9703/eurusdgmt2.gif

GMT +0

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/521/eurusdgmt0.gif

Edited by syk1kz

I was kinda free yesterday and felt like trading. I couldn't find a perfect entry in H4 time frame, hence I have tried out H1, which turned out to be a loss. Here's the wrap-up.

1) EURUSD H1 - Hit stoploss. loss 79 pips

2) USDCHF H1 - Manual closed. zero pips.

One loss but enough to wipe out more than half of my yesterday profit. :) this is what we called trading. lol

indeed it is, one thing i find that helps this system is drawing higher highs and lows or lower highs / lows to see what price action is doing before entering. This along with the A setup rules using confluence and the candlestick formation makes for an even higher probability. here is the chart i posted yesterday showing the alternate scenario for eurusd which turned out to be the correct one.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S1qC9KKMbxg/TLy4fx9NYaI/AAAAAAAAAkM/7D_a5v9KmCo/s1600/eurusd.gif

Here you go. I actually entered a few minutes after the perfect entry bar closed, as I wasn't in front of my laptop when the bar closed. But seeing that, my entry level was actually better than the perfect entry bar close. Still, these did not turn out to be perfect trades. As you can see, it is the engulfing pattern as mentioned. As you asked how can we filter that, I personally think these false signals are not often. So, in overall, the accurate signals should have outweighed these false signals. Well, it is only my saying, I will need more time to forward test and prove it. Regards.

EURUSD H1

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4295/euh1end.gif

USDCHF H1

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6752/uch1end.gif

USDCHF turned out to be a success trade. Should have just set and forget. Let it trade till it hit stoploss.

Edited by wonder833

Hi Benny,

What were your mistakes in trading GBPUSD & NZDUSD that i can learn from you ?

PinBar can trend reversal, and also can trend continuation, what can you prevent this mistake ?

----

Ho

Not to take buys when price is making lower lows, or buys on a head and shoulders type of patten.

Hi ArtofTrade, Thanks for your insight.. its very inspirational.. the loss that I have taken in EURUSD was bugging me bout the USD movement. so i was taking into consideration the fundamental factors this time. will take some time in reading those notes you mentioned..

btw, here's a trade in progress. GBPUSD H4. Have taken half profit. Leaving the other half lot running. There are other pairs that showing perfect entry too. But I wasn't there at the time they showed up (arghh!!). GU is the only pair I traded as the price went down abit to the same level of the perfect entry bar close. Sitting on 90 pips float now. :)

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4563/euh4.gif

Edited by wonder833