Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

whatever the EA decides to set them at. or - whatever you decide to change them to.

Thanks for the reply,

So how do i get to change them?

I have applied the template and cannot locate the EA, I have tried to right click and select edit EA but nothing happens,

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you change things by double clicking on the display. the parts you want to change. then a dot appears above the label. drag that dot into the black and release it.

alternatively, just use the preset, and not the template. use chart properties to black out the chart under the display. it seems that using the template stops the EA properties from appearing.

atm im just using the preset file and not touching it.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

you change things by double clicking on the display. the parts you want to change. then a dot appears above the label. drag that dot into the black and release it.

alternatively, just use the preset, and not the template. use chart properties to black out the chart under the display. it seems that using the template stops the EA properties from appearing.

atm im just using the preset file and not touching it.

Thanks, please keep us updated,

Also what are the chances to modify the pairs traded to 12 or 14?

Very interesting. After knocking a huge dent in my demo account I shut down this ea but what are the results everyone is getting? Will this make us rich or just broke very quickly?

sounds like you were over leveraged. this is a long term market follower. im up about 1.5% since yesterday's start. see how it closes out though.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Hi Guys,

I've not been able to connect to the site (or any other sites) all day because of network bandwidth problems, though my MT4's were able to keep running most of the time. I think Norman has covered most of the questions.

When the EA is running you can't see the parameters. I've had other EA's like this and it normally happens where updates are happening continuously. You shouldn't be trying to change parameters "on the fly" anyway. The EA needs to keep running all the time to keep track of active trades. Changing parameters will reset the EA which means that it won't be able to work correctly. There are still plenty of things you can do on the fly by clicking the ">" fields on the screen as Norman pointed out.

I had the EA version 7 with 8 pairs running from last night into today and the worst drawdown I saw was around -$250, though it could have been worse and I wasn't watching. This afternoon I decided to take profits manually by using the ">Close all" option.

The EA may work well totally automatically, though the way I was planning to use it is to manually scoop off profits when they get to a reasonable level. If I end up with losing trades, then I'll wait until they turn back into profits or get stopped out (though I've still to work out the best parameters for trailing stops etc.). I believe that there should be an option to automatically scoop off profits at a given level, though I've not worked out how to use that yet.

Here are the trades I closed today:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4604513951_5f5236135b_o.jpg

It seems that there are lots of different ways the system can be traded, so it will be interesting to compare results as our testing continues.

here's my two cents worth lol lol

First you need a fairly large account balance to run this. I have been testing different amounts ie 1000 etc with the 5% drawdown and most of the trades closed in a loss.

Second I watched the EA most of the day while I was trading and I am impressed with what id does. I have only change percentage of risk nothing else. But while the EA was working it made decisions on what trailing stop to use and the percent of drawdown changed as well. Now I dont know whether this is due to the fact I was trading only $1000 or not. I did have one series of trade close out automaticaly so I know the trailing stop works

I am using V7

Hi outcast,

Thanks for your observations.

If 0.1 lots per trade is the lowest we can trade with this EA then I agree that we need a healthy balance. With 8 pairs we're trading 0.8 lots and I have a general rule of trading 0.1 lots per $1,000 in the account. I'm sure that the EA could be easily adjusted to allow smaller lot sizes if it turns out to be good.

5% of $1,000 is only $50 so I'm not surprised that you saw a lot of losing trades trading at 0.1 lots per trade. I've just placed 8 test trades now for the same currency pairs in the basket and the spreads alone eat up $31.41.

I too have noticed % risk changing when trades are in profit. I've not seen the trailing stops automatically placed as yet, though this could be because my demo account balance is too big, I'll have to try lowering the risk %.

V7 seems pretty stable to me and it's best to use the most recent version as there may have been bugs in the 6.6 version.

Hi outcast,

Thanks for your observations.

If 0.1 lots per trade is the lowest we can trade with this EA then I agree that we need a healthy balance. With 8 pairs we're trading 0.8 lots and I have a general rule of trading 0.1 lots per $1,000 in the account. I'm sure that the EA could be easily adjusted to allow smaller lot sizes if it turns out to be good.

5% of $1,000 is only $50 so I'm not surprised that you saw a lot of losing trades trading at 0.1 lots per trade. I've just placed 8 test trades now for the same currency pairs in the basket and the spreads alone eat up $31.41.

I too have noticed % risk changing when trades are in profit. I've not seen the trailing stops automatically placed as yet, though this could be because my demo account balance is too big, I'll have to try lowering the risk %.

V7 seems pretty stable to me and it's best to use the most recent version as there may have been bugs in the 6.6 version.

The Ea is trading .01 lots on my demo. I think if your broker has micro lots the EA just trades it as I have it on another demo that only trades .1 lot and thats what it trades.

When I was watching the EA yesterday it didn't place any SL's that I saw it just closed all the trades when a certain profit was reached. I didn't take any notice of the profit really but it was somewhere around $200+ on the account trading .1 lots with 5% risk

Hi litxus82,

I had seen that EA before we were made aware of what was being developed by this talented Russian guy.

Trader101 in that forum is Julius the originator of the system of which there's 1,000's of pages written on FF lol.

I noticed that there were comments about that original EA having expired, but I was unable to decompile to fix this and test it out.

The T101 system has changed a few times along the way and I believe that we're looking at the best up to date implementation of the system as an EA with BasketBull.

BTW - I don't think II allow links to other forums, so you'd be wise to delete that one before you get told off by the mods. ;)

Edited by soundfx

Mine's been running for the past few hours and hasn't placed any trades, since I last took profits.

The Asian market isn't very volatile tonight so I assume that the EA is waiting for a clearer direction.

Sometimes it will enter trades immediately after you turn it on, other times it can take hours before anything happens.

Mine's been running for the past few hours and hasn't placed any trades, since I last took profits.

The Asian market isn't very volatile tonight so I assume that the EA is waiting for a clearer direction.

Sometimes it will enter trades immediately after you turn it on, other times it can take hours before anything happens.

yup.. mine's too... only trade one time resulting profit.. then for the past 2 days.. ea is not in the market..

im still waiting on my first set of trades to close.

as for posting of other forums; we don't allow promotion of other forums on this site. there is a fine line between promoting a forum and giving people information on a EA.

if you are a new member sending people to a new forum to download a shared EA that is suspicious. if you are an established member sending people to an information source directly related to the topic, then that will probably be ok.

Ok using V7 on demo acc bal $2000 with 50% risk and trading 0.01 lots per trade. I didn't watch as I had to go out but the EA traded 1 round of buy trades closed in profit although small of $5.18 and 1 pair on the negative. Again the only thing I changed was the risk percent.

what does >>stopless++ set the SL at?

i only started version 7 yesterday, so still seeing how it goes.

just give a click on the function ">>stoploss++" and then drag it to anywhere on the screen.

will show a pop up for confirmation

after clicking "ok" to be configured with the minimum profit.

here worked perfectly

after making a profit, there is no DD

I wonder if you can define a TP, that EA makes great profit and in a small profit.

how could someone help?

v7

ive just got the machine trail activated. the idea was to let it act by itself. i dont want to stop myself out. but i might give it a blast.

whats the difference between stoploss--- and stoploss+++ ?

ive just got the machine trail activated. the idea was to let it act by itself. i dont want to stop myself out. but i might give it a blast.

after a set >>stoploss++, all trades are automatically.

about stoploss++ and stoploss-- I believe the difference is that the + + for a profit trades and -- will stop losses

urghh..I'm sorry for asking again... why am I getting "Basketbull_v7.0_Eng EURUSD,H1: zero divide" ???

My chart only blank with "Initializing EA" right in the middle ???

I've tried different brokers but still the same :(

I was getting a zero divide error and then I found out my broker didn't have CADJPY on the demo server but when I use just the 8 pairs evrything worked fine.

Hope this is of help

I noticed that "stoploss+++" inserts SL 10 pips away from current price and "stoploss---" removes all SLs.