Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

I was getting a zero divide error and then I found out my broker didn't have CADJPY on the demo server but when I use just the 8 pairs evrything worked fine.

Hope this is of help

I've checked..both of my brokers do have CADJPY but I'm still getting that "Zero Divide" :(

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've checked..both of my brokers do have CADJPY but I'm still getting that "Zero Divide" :(

I just load the Ea onto a chart I dont use any of the templates or presets thats V_7 I'm using maybe try that. Also it may not be the CADJPY it could be another pair but have you tried the select show all in your market watch to show all the pairs.

my test just closed out automatically at 1.96% profit.

it was up 3.7% at one point earlier tonight before coming back to hit the automatic SL.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

my test just closed out automatically at 1.96% profit.

it was up 3.7% at one point earlier tonight before coming back to hit the automatic SL.

Sorry could you please clarify how to set SL and Trailing Stop?

Also how do u change the Lot value?

I have 0.05 and I guess this is default?

Thanks in advance

Hi Norman,

That's interesting. I reduced my global stop to 1% and this morning I found that trades had been placed but were stopped out at 1%. I'm still in profit overall, but only just (however, I have been manually intervening and I've not been running the EA in totally automatic mode).

I was messing around closing down my systems and restarting them yesterday, so I didn't start running BasketBull properly until about 11pm GMT. All trades placed this morning were Buys.

It seems that the time we start up the EA is critical to the sort of results we get (obvious really lol). For a proper test, I guess that we need to set up BasketBull at the start of next week and just let it run for the whole week to get any meaningful results.

BTW - thanks for the clarification on posting relevant links. There are several times when we can post links which are relevant to the discussion in hand. On that basis, here are a couple:

This was the original thread for the system and will explain the intricacies of how the system was intended to work (it's a huge thread though):

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=107119

Here's an easier to read very good mathematical analysis thread. I was impressed by the thought going into this that I posted the English versions of the EA there too, to see if those guys came up with any interesting ways of trading it:

http://www.forex-tsd.com/suggestions-trading-systems/25381-t101-basket-trading-system-math-analysis.html

Hi Norman,

That's interesting. I reduced my global stop to 1% and this morning I found that trades had been placed but were stopped out at 1%. I'm still in profit overall, but only just (however, I have been manually intervening and I've not been running the EA in totally automatic mode).

I was messing around closing down my systems and restarting them yesterday, so I didn't start running BasketBull properly until about 11pm GMT. All trades placed this morning were Buys.

It seems that the time we start up the EA is critical to the sort of results we get (obvious really lol). For a proper test, I guess that we need to set up BasketBull at the start of next week and just let it run for the whole week to get any meaningful results.

i just ran that .set file that was included with the EA. other then that i did nothing except watch.

the orange "stop" value up the top of the screen gradually kept moving up till it was positive, and got taken out on a re-trace. since it got stopped out a few hours ago it hasnt re-entered.

i have only run it for about 36 hours at the end of this week, so its still far to early to know how it really performs. this market has been gold for trend followers -- which is what this EA is, how it goes in a more sideways market will make or break the system.

Edited by Stormin_Norman
dodgy formatting repair.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a big thank you to soundfx for the V7 translated files. You're a star mate.

I didn't keep the EA running after the first couple of days but I'm planning on loading it up at the beginning of the week and see how it goes. I'm hoping some of us can share results throughout the week.

I haven't quite grasped everything about the Basket trading theory behind this, and as an inexperienced trader I doubt I will any time soon... I admit I have only browsed through the available info. I will take a better look when I have the time.

b.

@soundfx

my thank you also for your hard work.

@all

I hadn't too many chances to test the system because there were too many crashes of MT4 (Build 226) since I startet the EA.

Has had someone else here also crashes with this EA and MT4?

P.S. I use , no better I try to use BBv7 with MT4 (Build 226).

Edited by sia10

Hi Guys,

I set up BB v7 last night on a different machine so that it could run all week and left the stop at 1%, however I neglected to spot that the account I was using only had $10K balance, I also forgot to turn on experts until a bit after the market open.

BB placed 8 buy trades as soon as I switched it on at around 23:30 GMT which promptly lost around $180 because of the stop.

I adjusted the stop to 5% and 8 more buys were placed at 06:00GMT and these took a profit automatically, leaving me with -$2.73.

8 buys placed at 08:06GMT have just closed and current net profit for this week is running at $380.54.

No new trades have been entered as yet.

sia10 - I've not seen any MT4 crashes with either version of BB, so I'm not sure what that problem could be, unless your machine is underpowered and has problems handling lots of currency pairs at the same time. Do you get any error messages at the time of the cash ?

RVB,

Did you try all of the v7 multiupload links? Most work ok for me still.

mograst,

My template has the stop set to 5% of account balance. On a $1K account that means that all trades should be closed if drawdown exceeds $50. To wipe out your whole account the EA must have been continually placing trades (20 batches in all) which exceeded $50 drawdown. Maybe the EA is unable to handle mini/micro accounts properly though I'm not sure as all my accounts are standard.

Set up a $10K demo with 5% and see how that gets on, as that's what I've been using. I had no more trades this afternoon however at around 22:16GMT the EA placed another batch of buy trades which have a current running profit of around $80.

Hi Clovelly,

Would you mind sharing your.set file?

Your settings are indicated for a 10.000$ or a 1000$ account?

I am using the template basketbull_v7.tpl included in the files posted by soundfx, , then changed the MaxRisk and trailing settings. I run the EA on H1 TF, with $5000 starting equity, leverage 1:100. Here is the .set file

http://slil.ru/29153054