*EA_Kain_ee version needed

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DominoFx, may i know from your live trading how accurate has been Megadoid been doing for u, has your account grwon by leaps & bounds, how often does it have a trade per week?

I am running a legal (purchased) instance of Megadroid on a live account with 0.4 fixed lot size for every $1000. Agressive=off. It doubled my money in the last year. It trades very rarely, sometimes there are 2 weeks between two trades. It had only 1 loss in February, it was huge (because of my large risk), but won it back within a few weeks.

Got hit today with USDCAD. First massive loss since May ... well, acceptable. I will not trade FOMC meeting today with either Kain nor Primeval. Asian session lacked even more volantility, half of Japan being on holiday this week (Hiroshima 65th) but no official bank holiday.

mate, i fully agree with this! in fact i've just disabled trading after USDCAD hit SL.

I noticed something, Primeval had the same trade with KAIN, but it was smart enough to to adjust TP (at small loss) to close the trade.

Got hit today with USDCAD. First massive loss since May ... well, acceptable. I will not trade FOMC meeting today with either Kain nor Primeval. Asian session lacked even more volantility, half of Japan being on holiday this week (Hiroshima 65th) but no official bank holiday.

mate, i fully agree with this! in fact i've just disabled trading after USDCAD hit SL.

I noticed something, Primeval had the same trade with KAIN, but it was smart enough to to adjust TP (at small loss) to close the trade.

Yeah, saw that on FPA, but I have USDCAD not set up on my Primeval, so I didn't see it live. What bothers me is that I was sitting at the USDCAD trade and didn't have the nerves to close it manually at -12 pips ... grrr.

lol! same here ;p well, MD Pro was 'smart' enough not to trade this one ;)

Yeah, saw that on FPA, but I have USDCAD not set up on my Primeval, so I didn't see it live. What bothers me is that I was sitting at the USDCAD trade and didn't have the nerves to close it manually at -12 pips ... grrr.

can anyone guide me this code within eakain edu?

within "VIOD S0()" there is a portion that stated:-

if (!isOrderBuy(MagicNumberS0) && AproBuyS0(gd_396, gd_404, gi_280, bid, DoubleToStr(0, 0)) == 1) ApriS0(1);

if (!isOrderSell(MagicNumberS0) && AproSellS0(gd_396, gd_404, gi_280, bid, DoubleToStr(0, 0)) == 1) ApriS0(2);

there are using bid's for both long and short.... it is suppose to be "bid" & "ask" for buying and selling?

hi xxl205,

this week do you run with EAKAIN ? what pair ?

do you get good results ?

Hi Loulou, I had it running on Monday and Wednesday but not on Tuesday. I got hit as many others with a full stop loss on USDCAD Monday night / tuesday morning. Tuesday I decided to demo on the FOMC meeting, but it would have gone good the results told me.

This night was hefty. 6 trades (each of the 3 logics was running on agressive too), a massive drawdown, but in the end I have positive results ! This also came from the trades running on the agressive strategy, normal mode only would have been a small looser for this night.

It was one of the worst runs I have seen since May, but with positive results. If I once will not answer this forum anymore, the reasons might be heart attacks from sitting such trades ...

EDIT : Sorry I forgot : EURUSD, EURCHF, USDCAD on GMT+1 (one hour less than auto setting)

Testing GBPCHF successfully last night, also on GMT+1.

Edited by xxl205

I use kain on live accout for 3 weeks with very good result. About 11:01 GMT, kain opened a position in USDCAD. Is this normal, or kain gone mad?

35$ profit.

Enjoy it then. It is no madness :) Open trades between 23-24h GMT+1 (german time) is just the thing Kain should do. EURCHF might be opened between 22 and 01h as far as I have seen, please correct me anybody if it is wrong.

My trades are opened in 23-24 for 3 weeks (I'm in Hungary, so my time is same as you), but yesterday night kain not opened trade, but today at 13h it opened usdcad. That's why I asked that maybe Kain gone mad. Although I'm happy with 35$ profit, but I think I have to monitor or recently restart my kain, because it can lost the thread.

My trades are opened in 23-24 for 3 weeks (I'm in Hungary, so my time is same as you), but yesterday night kain not opened trade, but today at 13h it opened usdcad. That's why I asked that maybe Kain gone mad. Although I'm happy with 35$ profit, but I think I have to monitor or recently restart my kain, because it can lost the thread.

Hi Krizsi1,

Are you using Auto GMT offset or manual?

If Auto, maybe have problem with your broker server time that make auto calculation incorrect.

That is why I suggest better use manual GMT offset, and even better if you do backtest with + and - 1 hour than suggested by auto gmt_offset and see which one give better result.

Regards,

Benz

can anyone guide me this code within eakain edu?

within "VIOD S0()" there is a portion that stated:-

if (!isOrderBuy(MagicNumberS0) && AproBuyS0(gd_396, gd_404, gi_280, bid, DoubleToStr(0, 0)) == 1) ApriS0(1);

if (!isOrderSell(MagicNumberS0) && AproSellS0(gd_396, gd_404, gi_280, bid, DoubleToStr(0, 0)) == 1) ApriS0(2);

there are using bid's for both long and short.... it is suppose to be "bid" & "ask" for buying and selling?

Hi leonfoo,

Logically you are correct, but is seem that is part of optimization this EA.

Last time I have tried change that bid to ask, and result is bit different and worse compare to original.

But off course you can try update by yourself and do backtest, cause different broker can give different result.

Regards,

Benz