*EA_Kain_ee version needed

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jörg,

just running a few BT with 40% and I'm holding my breath

Its like "Who wants to be a millionaire?" with each question having only one proposed answer...

Did you ever compare the live trades you had with the trades taken in a backtest over the same period?

Would be interesting to see how reliable the BT results are

DD has not been over 20% since I am running Kain live. I have to admit sometimes it gets scary, but I try to sleep while it is working, and after a while doing it's job, you learn to trust.

What I do with backtests is the following. I run them, watch the curves, check if dd is under 25% and it is only allowed 5-10 SL's a year, the lesser the better, and then give it a go with 0.1 lots. I do not compare BTs number by number, cause it is only 90% accuracy, and a BT from the data we usually can all download from our brokers shows only the entry and exit levels of a candle in the specific timeframe. We'd need tick data to get serious here.

I have been sitting in front of my screens for months and compared live accounts with demo. without having exact numbers, I feel that the Alpari demo at least has only 85-90% match with the live accounts. Besides, the spread is so much cheating on the demo, especially at scalping.

And with the backtests also there is the spread problem. Ever tried to BT on a weekend ? MT4 takes the valid spread for a pair at the beginning of the test and does not change it during the whole run. Thus you BT 24h of a pair, but you have a wide variety of spreads in that time at live accounts. Next is daylight saving, if you go further ... in my eyes you can never trust a BT.

I just want to get a rough view if a EA comes close to being good or if it is martingale etc. Real men, live accounts :)

And as I stated in another post, I am ok with a SL. The machine is a magnitude better than my crappy hand trading ... thus the SLs I see as losses in a business with rent, loan costs, machines, cars and all other expenses.

Forex is a long term shot, Kain should be a marathon runner ... and is slowly proving it. BT shows around 92+ winners on it, the strategys inbuild are superb to others, why not test it on live and have over 200% return at this very moment in close to 3 months of trading ... can't be this wrong what I am doing here ^^

Thanks for listening :)

Edited by xxl205

Hello XXL205 could you helo beginner to configure correct way EA KAIN,

can you upload your current settings which broker u are using? are you using still alphari classic?

thank you in advance

So, for all those who even haven't read the mere last 7 pages of this thread, here is the link to post #31 on page 4. Everyhing stands there and yes, it is still Alpari UK. I do not tend to change brokers like my pants :)

In another forum an honored member has a very wise slogan :

Give a man a fish - you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Without wanting to confront you, all newbies and beginners please do me a favour. I get around 50-100 emails a day I have to answer. I have a lot of clients that where always asking the same questions over and over again.

In this forum you can read. Much. Check back and read again. You can click on the username on each posting and then see his/her posts across the whole board in a beautiful overview. Take your time and do this. Saves you from typing a lot and other ppl also :)

thanks for all your contribution you have done, all is clear

just one more question

which one you using Alpari UK Classic? I mean what type of account should I apply?

At Alpari UK there are 3 types of accounts.

MICRO you need 200 USD/EUR to open, can trade lots from 0.01 ("cent accounts") but must not trade over 2.0 lots in total simultaniously.

CLASSIC is the one I use, thus I was stating Alpari UK Classic. Trades from 0.1 lots to 50.0 lots, same spreads as micro. 500 USD/EUR starting here.

PRO starts at 20000, has best spreads ... but that is out of my league ... yet :)

PRO

As I just saw, I promised to update my package on the last weekend. As I did not and it is still valid, here is the link again :

Decrypt the link as usual. Inside there is also the Tokyo H1 EA, use it with care. I have disabled it at the moment, but other ppl run it with decent success live.

Do not backtest on weekends especially for scalping ea, the spread is fixed during weekends but mostly spreads are very high and bt is always negative for spread sensitive ea.

I tried eakain some months ago on alpari uk and for me it did not perform well, but now it seems to go well.

I think mostly it depends on the broker that you choose with this ea as for other ea.

Anyway I think the best is to start with small capital like 500Eur - max 1000Eur and set high risk like 20-30%, you should think that if you blow the account it will not be a big problem or a tragedy for you, so think as you already lost all or at least half the money you put.

the negative thing is its risk to reward ratio: it's not good, so I think the main thing is understand when to use it and when it's better to switch off this ea.

We should not ever forget that with this risk to reward ratio 2-3 consecutive full stop loss are enough to lost all the profit that you made in one month and over, worse if you are at the begining and you take full stop loss.

So Eakain is good for a starting balance of 500 max 1000 with high risk setup and leave it play the game, but certainly I would not use this ea with bigger balance, neither with bigger balance with small risk setup like 5% and small profits.

I have some doubts about eakain gmt offset and dst:

for example alpari uk winter gmt shift is +1 and now summer gmt shift is +2 for due to dst in effect.

What gmt shift shoud I use now ? +1 or +2 ?

If I set automatic gmt it shows +2 so I think it's correct to use +2 and it's true that dst affects the gmt shift parameter but in the previous version of eakain manual it says:

"GMT Shift is the difference between the GMT and Broker Time, without

considering daylight saving time (DST)."

while on the newer manual it says:

"AutoGMT_Offset: Set Automatically the GMT Offset Calculating it using the windows system clock.

That's the why because it's important to have set correctly windows system clock.

- GMT_Offset: If “AutoGMT_Offset” is “true”, this value will not be calculated.. Otherwise, if

“AutoGMT_Offset” is “false” you'll need to set it manually. (GMT Offset is the difference between

GMT Time and Broker Time)."

So in the old manual it seems that you have not consider dst time so for example on alpari uk it would be always +1 in the whole year.

In the new one it seems that you have to consider dst change because "(GMT Offset is the difference between

GMT Time and Broker Time)" and right now the difference on alpari uk is +2

If you look at the code of the ea (forget about automatic gmt) manual gmt shift is simply add or substract to the fixed range hour set for all single pair and it does not internaly manage dst, I supposed that you should consider dst if you set manual gmt shift because it simply is added or substracted to default start hour and end hour trade.

Also in backtest I don't know if it's correct to backtest with fixed +1 or change it to +1 or +2 based on dst change.

I tried backtest on SIG liteforex(default GMT+2) in period when dst should be in effect and it seems that it's better with gmt+2 not +3.

for example I tried from 01/04/2009 to 31/10/2009

Things are very confused...

Edited by acosma

15min timeframe only.

Okay I'll take your word for it. At the sales page at forexrobotstest.com for this EA it said H1. That's why I thought it might work on that one as well. Do you know if the conservative or aggressive settings are better. i.e., win/loose ratio and does it use a larger stoploss?

it's better aggressive = false, it trades less but more accurate, win/loose ratio about 85%, stoploss size depends on the pair anyway risk to reward ratio is not good as for any asian scalpers, I think about 1:10, 10 wins to recover 1 lost. This when you took full stop loss, usually the ea close negative trade before hit full stop loss but sometimes it could hit full stop loss.

Guest fxprofits
here you go ! I've added a README-file for explanation and the correct GMT-calculation which is VERY IMPORTANT for the performance !

remove the camouflage out of the link as always. Those who don't know how to do not deserve the files anyway ;-)

Happy green pipping and earning money while you sleep ! (at least here in Germany)

yours, xxl205

and a thanks / kudo would be welcome if you find it useful ...

hi,

The tokyo EA has 3 set files which one do i use? and on which pairs?

My broker is IKOFX GMT time.. what will be the gmt offset set to ??

PLease help me,

Fxprofits

hi,

The tokyo EA has 3 set files which one do i use? and on which pairs?

My broker is IKOFX GMT time.. what will be the gmt offset set to ??

PLease help me,

Fxprofits

Hi, the set file represents the choice between the risks you want to take. Each trade in Tokyo H1 has a SL of 140, so if you want to go for 3x 140 SL risk load the setfile #3. That means setfile #1 = 140 SL TP 80 with trailing, setfile #2 = 2x140 SL with TP 22+50 no trailing, and setfile #3 = 3x140 SL with TP 22+50+80 no trailing.

For the GMT setting you can use the "LookupGMTsetting" and set it true. Just tried it, it does its job here correct.

it's better aggressive = false, it trades less but more accurate, win/loose ratio about 85%, stoploss size depends on the pair anyway risk to reward ratio is not good as for any asian scalpers, I think about 1:10, 10 wins to recover 1 lost. This when you took full stop loss, usually the ea close negative trade before hit full stop loss but sometimes it could hit full stop loss.

Thanks for the info acosma!

Hi, the set file represents the choice between the risks you want to take. Each trade in Tokyo H1 has a SL of 140, so if you want to go for 3x 140 SL risk load the setfile #3. That means setfile #1 = 140 SL TP 80 with trailing, setfile #2 = 2x140 SL with TP 22+50 no trailing, and setfile #3 = 3x140 SL with TP 22+50+80 no trailing.

For the GMT setting you can use the "LookupGMTsetting" and set it true. Just tried it, it does its job here correct.

Hi xxl205,

i search in the settings about the "LookupGMTsetting" but i cant find it. My Broker is ActivTrader and i use GMT 2. Thanks