Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Hi GreyFX,

I have used the AUDUSD pair a few times succesfully. All my trades have finished in positive territory each time using this pair. Trading times should be strictly between GMT 19 to GMT 21 for this pair because the Australian trading session starts at GMT 22.

The best correlated Logic for AUDUSD would be EURUSD (Logic 1) . This is what i use and is recommended !

I have found via Price action observation that volatility can remain after high impact news for up to around a 10 hour period before the price action settles down to more normal range bound price action. Trading before this buffer period is risky ! So i use 10 hours as a minimum just to be safe !

These are just my opinions and i have found that they work for me !

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi GreyFX,

I have used the AUDUSD pair a few times succesfully. All my trades have finished in positive territory each time using this pair. Trading times should be strictly between GMT 19 to GMT 21 for this pair because the Australian trading session starts at GMT 22.

The best correlated Logic for AUDUSD would be EURUSD (Logic 1) . This is what i use and is recommended !

I have found via Price action observation that volatility can remain after high impact news for up to around a 10 hour period before the price action settles down to more normal range bound price action. Trading before this buffer period is risky ! So i use 10 hours as a minimum just to be safe !

These are just my opinions and i have found that they work for me !

Thanks for your responses Theozaki,

They definitely make sense and I'll put them into good use. I am trying to learn as much as I can about this EA as I am planning to follow

your method of trading it.

There has been no trade with MD Pro ee in the past 10 days (EURUSD, USDCHF) so I wonder how this EA should be a "profit machine"?

With MD 1.21 there had been at least 2-3 trades a week only in EURUSD, so I´m probably going to switch back to this version.

agree.. but then again both xe pro 1.21 and md 1.2 do the same thing for me. lots of small wins.. then bam! stop losses every few days and all profits gone in 1 hit. all default settings except adt settings on... even fap turbo 50 is better?

Why are you using ADT with MDPro? I wouldn't recommend this setup at all. ADT -2 and default continue to perform well for me using only 1.21 on EURUSD.

If you are using default settings, I would also suggest turning "Aggressive" to false and tightening "Slippage" to 1 (if you are not using an ECN). I don't like strategy S2, as it is more risky than S1.

Hello everyone,

Been following this tread for a while now, really great input. Thanks especially to theozaki, great input. These EAs has the potential to be a monster (MD Pro, XE, ee). News is indeed a big factor. Has anyone tried to optimize the stop loss? It seems to me that MD pro (even in aggressive mode on demo) generally makes pretty profitable trades and enters a fairly good points. I cant seem to get a good back test for altering stop loss for some reason. Any ideas from your observations of average draw down as to what a good stop loss could be? I think if we could just control those few stop losses, we could really increase the profit factor with this. Any thoughts?

Hello everyone,

Been following this tread for a while now, really great input. Thanks especially to theozaki, great input. These EAs has the potential to be a monster (MD Pro, XE, ee). News is indeed a big factor. Has anyone tried to optimize the stop loss? It seems to me that MD pro (even in aggressive mode on demo) generally makes pretty profitable trades and enters a fairly good points. I cant seem to get a good back test for altering stop loss for some reason. Any ideas from your observations of average draw down as to what a good stop loss could be? I think if we could just control those few stop losses, we could really increase the profit factor with this. Any thoughts?

My thoughts exactly... anyone share what to set the stop losses to even out the risk ? If MD pro didnt hit such bad stop losses .. it would be a great all round EA

Hello everyone,

My thoughts exactly... anyone share what to set the stop losses to even out the risk ? If MD pro didnt hit such bad stop losses .. it would be a great all round EA

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've been follow the for various months and i think you are doing a great job especially Don, BBrain and Rio.

For now i would like to if there sufficient data to awser the follw questions:

What is the best version of mdp?

What is the best broker to work with mdp?

What are the best parameters for mdp?

Also i would like to know if there is someone thinking on improve de logics and program mdp to use it with other plattforms than MT4.

I think that there should be a resume of the data of the thread cause is painful to read it all.

I have just downloaded what I think is the latest version but I cannot see a logic setting in the inputs and the code looks set to work only on EURUSD. Am I missing something or have I the wrong code?

For reference the comment at the top is:

/*

FOREX MEGADROID PRO v1.00e (educated & enhanced)

*/

is that right, that megadroid disconnect from broker after time is reached (1am) and connecting next day at 21pm? what happened with the open trades? why does backtest not working well for md? thanks and best regards, derox Edited by derox

• 3 weeks later...
I have just downloaded what I think is the latest version but I cannot see a logic setting in the inputs and the code looks set to work only on EURUSD. Am I missing something or have I the wrong code?

For reference the comment at the top is:

/*

FOREX MEGADROID PRO v1.00e (educated & enhanced)

*/

I have the same comment, but when i look into the settings it show me ver. 1.2

what is the new version, and somebody have the link to ver 1.2?

thanks

I have the same comment, but when i look into the settings it show me ver. 1.2

what is the new version, and somebody have the link to ver 1.2?

thanks

Hi guys please use the following link for the most recent plugged version of Megadroid Pro from this thread.

hxxp://www.sharebee.c0m/done?id=c9b6d2195c02d591b3ec52c6bbddca93

Enjoy !

I have played around with alot of EA's and Megadroid Pro is the only scalping Ea that i feel comfortable enough to trade live with as long as your Risk management/Lot size is well understood before you begin live trading !

At the moment i'm trading a live account of 150 dollar starting balance. 0.02 fixed lot size settings, risk level set to zero, aggressive= false, and it has taken my account to 175 dollars with 8 days of live trading.

Refer to my previous posts regarding using my manual news filtering method because certain pairs should not be traded on certain high impact news announcements that fall with a 10 hour buffer period !

I firmly believe that following this manual news filtering method to choose which pairs you will trade per given day greatly improves overall profitability. At this stage my profit % is 83.3% . 24 total trades 20 winners and 4 losers with max drawdown of 3.25%.

Risk management and correct Lot size settings relative to your account balance is a critical factor to ensure reliability and a profitable performance from Megadroid Pro !

I personally believe that it is better than Fapturbo as a scalping EA because it is more prudent and selective before it jumps into any trade !

Enjoy !

Hi Theo,

Many thanks for your kind guidance thus far. Are you able to enlighten me on the following:

1.) I understand that you only trade up to 6 pairs max, apart from 4 standard pairs, which other 2 pairs do you trade and with which logic?

2.) I'm running 1.01ee on 2 platforms, FxPro & FxPrimus ECN, FxPro seems to be giving me better results and more trades, but my FxPrimus definitely have lower spreads. Have you encountered such instances if you're running them on 2 platforms?

I can't thank you enough for all the valuable advice you've given. You are truly generous and sincere in helping the 'not-so' better off people such as I am =)

Regards.

I have played around with alot of EA's and Megadroid Pro is the only scalping Ea that i feel comfortable enough to trade live with as long as your Risk management/Lot size is well understood before you begin live trading !

At the moment i'm trading a live account of 150 dollar starting balance. 0.02 fixed lot size settings, risk level set to zero, aggressive= false, and it has taken my account to 175 dollars with 8 days of live trading.

Refer to my previous posts regarding using my manual news filtering method because certain pairs should not be traded on certain high impact news announcements that fall with a 10 hour buffer period !

I firmly believe that following this manual news filtering method to choose which pairs you will trade per given day greatly improves overall profitability. At this stage my profit % is 83.3% . 24 total trades 20 winners and 4 losers with max drawdown of 3.25%.

Risk management and correct Lot size settings relative to your account balance is a critical factor to ensure reliability and a profitable performance from Megadroid Pro !

I personally believe that it is better than Fapturbo as a scalping EA because it is more prudent and selective before it jumps into any trade !

Enjoy !

Apologies Theo,

I just found this in your earlier thread:

"The Logic settings for the non standard pairs are GBPUSD is Logic 4 , USDJPY is Logic 4 , USDCAD is Logic 2, EURJPY is Logic 1 , GBPCHF is Logic 4." Are you still using them as of now?

Thanks!

Edited by rex68

Hi Rex,

Glad to help !

The table below is correct with the current logic settings i use for all the pairs which i trade !

USDJPY : Logic 4 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GPBUSD : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURJPY : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 22

GBPCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCAD : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURCHF : Logic 2 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURGBP : Logic 3 GMT 20 to GMT 23

USDCHF : Logic 4 GMT 20 to GMT 23

EURUSD : Logic 1 GMT 20 to GMT 23

AUDUSD : Logic 1 GMT 19 to GMT 21

I have included the recommended GMT trading times to use for each pair. I have found that these work best for me !

On some days i might use only 3 or 4 currency pairs only !

Remember this is entirely dependent on what currency will have the high impact news announcements between GMT 9 to GMT 19 for JPY and AUD currency pairs, or between GMT 10 to GMT 20 for all the other pairs.

For example the EUR & GBP had high impact news announcements at GMT 11.00 and GMT 11.45 this week on Thurs 10/6/2010 so the only pairs i traded on Thurs was USDJPY, AUDUSD, USDCHF, & USDCAD.

I hope my explanation is clear for you !

Cheers