Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Re: Megadroid Pro

hi all i am new to Megadroid. I have a version called Megadroid Pro XE 1.2. Is this what everyone is using? I have a few questions. 1. How do i tell if this EA has traded? In MT4 the comments in the trade status just says S1:8 or S2:8 where normally it says the EA name? I cant tell if it was MD or MD Pro that traded. 2. I noiced under the EA settings there is Advaned Droid Tactics? Does that mean ADT is built in to this version!? Do i still need multiple chats or will 1 chart to all the GMTs i ask it to trade? Is this safe to use? thansk!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of results are you folks getting ?

I'm happily profiting along using this EA for the past four weeks encountering only one hard stoploss along the way.

My three golden rules are :

A . Use conservative S1 strategy only ... Aggressive = False

B. Recovery Mode = False also

C. Use the News filtering method as i have described in detail in previous posts.

Number of pairs traded daily depends on News filtering . 6 charts daily is my max.

Risk/Reward ratio for MP is approximately 3.2 to 1 which is really good for a scalper because others like the famous Fapturbo are as high as 10 to 1.

Cmon guys let's share live results and strategies please !

I still believe that the enhanced version of Megadroid Pro born from this Forum is still one of the best, most consistently profitable and reliable EA scalpers around at the moment...

Happy Trading

Theo --

Do you know of any EA that can automate turning off other EA's for the purpose of this kind of news filtering?

Also... have you experimented with before-news filtering vs. after-news filtering? I understand that you turn news off within so many hours of high impact news, but do you find there is a performance difference between halting trading before the news, or after -- or both?

This is particularly relevant to scalping trading which usually occurs between 19-1 GMT. Would one be looking more to stop trading for news that occured several hours earlier and could effect the same day's coming asian session, or turn it off prior to the next day's high impact news? I realize there are several possibilities, especially if there is high impact news on both days, so let us know your thoughts for all of the three main scenario types (high-impact news before a trading session, high-impact news after a trading session, and both).

Hi,

regarding your question i have experimented with both scenarios and i've found that turning your EA off after high impact news announcements is a more effective filter than turning off prior. Allowing at least a 10 hour buffer period as a minimum is perfect to allow a currency pair to settle down from highly volatile price action after high impact news is working perfectly for me. I have only hit one hard stoploss using this news filtering method in the past four weeks trading with MP.

With prior scenarios it is best to make sure that your End Time to trading hours using MP is at least 1.5 to 2 prior to expected news announcements.

Asian high impact news usually hits the market around GMT 23.50 and Australian open market is at GMT 22.00. This is why i close all JPY pairs at GMT 22.00 at the latest.

theozaki,

Thanks for sharing this system..

Can you pls reupload to 4shared?

I've problem download your file.

Edit:

Thanks i have successfully downloaded this EA in other pc...will get it a try next week.

~Money often costs too much~

What kind of results are you folks getting ?

I'm happily profiting along using this EA for the past four weeks encountering only one hard stoploss along the way.

My three golden rules are :

A . Use conservative S1 strategy only ... Aggressive = False

B. Recovery Mode = False also

C. Use the News filtering method as i have described in detail in previous posts.

Number of pairs traded daily depends on News filtering . 6 charts daily is my max.

Risk/Reward ratio for MP is approximately 3.2 to 1 which is really good for a scalper because others like the famous Fapturbo are as high as 10 to 1.

Cmon guys let's share live results and strategies please !

I still believe that the enhanced version of Megadroid Pro born from this Forum is still one of the best, most consistently profitable and reliable EA scalpers around at the moment...

Happy Trading

Hi theozaki

thanks for sharing your strategy with us

A question: how do you disable strategy S2 ?

with start and end hours (=0) ? :-/

thanks for your reply

8-)

Strategy S2 is automatically disabled when you set Aggressive= False.

Megadroid V1.21 only uses the latest version Logic for EURUSD only. So if you choose it use it on any other pairs other than the EURUSD pair you will be trading with EURUSD Logic setting only !

It is not the Pro version which has the Four different unique Logic settings !

It's plainly obvious that the Megadroid pro thread is now dead or dying !

Thanks for all the great contributions from truly masterful coders relating to the coding of this truly great EA !

Birt , Don, bbrain & Rio just to name afew ! Thanks so much for all your efforts.

This EA is the best scalper of the lot at the moment especially considering that it can be traded on many more than the four original supported pairs it was originally designed for.

EA Kain is merely a clone of Megadroid pro and Fapturbo is an inferior product cos it's not as selective or prudent regarding its trades.

I have been trading live with MD Pro for the past three weeks and it has taken my account from $ 9100 to $9673 over a period of three weeks trading 0.25 to 0.3 lots on 4 to 6 pairs daily.

Agressive off and recovery mode off also. I feel that these two arent really necessay because we have the opportunity now to trade on so many currency pairs each day. Your account will profit more slowly but SURELY and securely long term.

I watch the High Impact News announcements daily and i will only trade a currency pair if the High Impact News announcement relating to any pair is not less than 10 hours previous to 19.00 GMT. I trade exclusively between GMT 19.00 to GNT 23.00 except for JPY crosses which are GMT 19.00 to GMT 22.00.

For example if the news on either two of any pairs is on or after GMT 9.00 i won't trade that pair for the day. The fx360 website is my reference.

I have found that this method of news filtering has helped me effectively to avoid hitting Stop Losses unnecessarily due to market volatility.

Good luck to all traders using Megadroid Pro ! =D>

Hi Theozaki... I have qquestions as follows:

1.) What time you usually watch or update yourself with the news announcement daily? At what GMT? :?:

2.) Do you mean that if you notice there is a High Impact news on USD let's say on 25th at GMT10:00, means you will not trade any pairs related to USD on 25th night? Please confirm and correct me if I am wrong.

3.)Is this the exact site (http://www.fx360.com/calendar/Index.aspx) that you get your news update? Thanks :)

As I told before, I´m trading live with MD 1.21 only EURUSD with 4-5 winning/1 loosing trades, which is ok

I backtested the MDPro_XE, but no matter what setting I use, I get heave losses in backtest, on EURUSD. Trading only at default times (no GMT+4 etc), recovery off, agressive off etc, S/L limited to 40 pips, but still, when tested in the period 01.12.09-25.03.10, account is down 20%. With the default settings, this EA is available, account looses more than 50% in the same period, so I really ask, why there is such a hype about this EA, even more such illusive description in the readme ("highly profitable, bla bla.."), encouraging to use wider trade periods etc.

I see that no one published statements neither live nor demo, which means that with this EA no one makes profits, as well many "hide" behind technical questions, which is usually a sign of encountering losses, which many are hesitating to admit.

So if there is anybody honestly making profit with this version, please post your set file here (as a txt file, no file sharing necessary), may be with the differences concerning different pairs.

I hope, that a more honest approach to this EA will help the community more instead of praising this version without any provable profits.

Hi Lucky Like

I haven't use the XE version yet but i will be using it this week because i want to be trading at the end of month period. 28 - 31 st of the month.

Only the XE version allows me to overide this default non trading period. The other versions of MP don't allow me to overide this option.

I will be able to provide more detailed comments for you by the end of next week regarding megadroid pro XE V1.2

The version which i have been running live for the past one month is MP V1.01ee as i have already mentioned. I have had outstanding success so far using this version and my news filtering trading strategy together.

Here are my live stats since the start of March below :

Gross Profit: 1 001.51 Gross Loss: 278.90 Total Net Profit: 722.61

Profit Factor: 3.59 Expected Payoff: 16.42

Absolute Drawdown: 0.00 Maximal Drawdown: 103.65 (1.05%) Relative Drawdown: 1.05% (103.65)

Total Trades: 44 Short Positions (won %): 26 (88.46%) Long Positions (won %): 18 (88.89%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 39 (88.64%) Loss trades (% of total): 5 (11.36%)

Largest profit trade: 78.39 loss trade: -103.65

Average profit trade: 25.68 loss trade: -55.78

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 18 (369.95) consecutive losses ($): 1 (-103.65)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 379.70 (9) consecutive loss (count): -103.65 (1)

Average consecutive wins: 8 consecutive losses: 1

Kudos always welcome !

Hi apple 1937,

1.) What time you usually watch or update yourself with the news announcement daily? At what GMT? :?:

I USE THE LINK BELOW THAT YOU HAVE CORRECTLY INDICATED AND I WRITE MYSELF A CALENDER LIST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE.

ON THE LIST I INCLUDE WHICH CURRENCY WILL HAVE HIGH IMPACT NEWS AND AT WHAT TIME IN GMT. IF THE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT IS AFTER GMT 10.00 THEN I WILL NOT TRADE THAT CURRENCY FOR THAT DAY. ALSO I WOULD USE GMT START PERIOD OF 20.00 IF NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT WAS AT GMT 10.00 FOR EXAMPLE.

ALWAYS ALLOW THAT 10 HOUR BUFFER PERIOD.

IF A CURRENCY HAS (TWO OR MORE) MEDIUM IMPACT NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THAT DAY ALSO TAKE NOTE OF THAT. I TREAT THIS LIKE A HIGH IMPACT ANNOUNCEMENT ALSO.

2.) Do you mean that if you notice there is a High Impact news on USD let's say on 25th at GMT10:00, means you will not trade any pairs related to USD on 25th night? Please confirm and correct me if I am wrong.

IN THE EXAMPLE ABOVE I WOULD TRADE USD PAIRS BUT BY START PERIOD WOULD BE ADJUSTED TO GMT 20.00 INSTEAD OF GMT 19.00.

ANYTHING THAT COMES LATER THAN GMT 10:00 I WOULD NOT TRADE FOR THE DAY !

3.)Is this the exact site (http://www.fx360.com/calendar/Index.aspx) that you get your news

update? Thanks :)

:-bd

YES IT IS !

Hi theozaki,

ok, as I see, there are no reports yet from 1.01_XE. So I will stick with 1.01ee, which so far doesn´t offer more settings than the basic version, so there is no danger of using wrong settings.

So the question remains, what is the difference between the basic version (which I use, 1.21) and the Pro-version, except that in can be used with different pairs?

The other question is, how reliable backtests are. When testing, even the version I´m using now, depleted the account by 50% in 3 months, while it actually makes profits.

please read my earlier post in this thread regarding the difference between md v1.21 and the other megadroid pro versions. Regarding backtest results dont put too much faith or trust in them. Live platform trading conditions are almost always different. Spreads are almost always wider. More requotes and greater slippage equals very different trading conditions compared with demo trading. So please use demo results only as a rough guide.

Hi Theozaki,

I've downloaded the version you suggested and since you have all the experience on it I am addressing a couple of questions about the EA to you.

1. What time frame you use, does it make a differene to the EA ?

2. I see that you are trading the USDCHF , what logic are you using for it ?

3. What is the EA's hardstop setting ? Can we change it and how about the TP ? There is no input on the EA for SL and TP...

4. I've placed the EA on MBT trading demo which is an ECN broker, with the correct trading times, but I had no trades today. Do you know if the EA can be traded on an ECN broker (separate orders for SL and TP) ? Did you have any trades today (3/29/10) ? I can re-install on Alpari demo, but I have a live acct with MBT trading and I like their spreads.

Thanks in advance for your help and keep up the good work !

hi theozaki,

i've downloaded the version you suggested and since you have all the experience on it i am addressing a couple of questions about the ea to you.

1. What time frame you use, does it make a differene to the ea ?

No real difference what time you choose to use because the ea monitors the m5 & m15 time frames internally. Some people choose to use m15 timeframes as most scalping ea's use this timeframe.

It really is not important if you use either h1 or m15 timeframes !

2. I see that you are trading the usdchf , what logic are you using for it ?

Logic for usdchf = 4

3. What is the ea's hardstop setting ? Can we change it and how about the tp ? There is no input on the ea for sl and tp...

Megadroids sl & tp are dynamic. They are set and adjusted internally by the ea depending on support & resistance levels.

Risk / reward ratio is around 3.5 / 1 which is quite good for a scalping ea. Fapturbo for example is around 10 to 1 for most of its trading pairs.

4. I've placed the ea on mbt trading demo which is an ecn broker, with the correct trading times, but i had no trades today. Do you know if the ea can be traded on an ecn broker (separate orders for sl and tp) ? Did you have any trades today (3/29/10) ? I can re-install on alpari demo, but i have a live acct with mbt trading and i like their spreads.

If your 're using mp v1.01ee then it will not trade from the 29th to the 31st of each month. This is set internally and you can't change it unless you choose to use the xe version of mp from this thread. I am just for this week !

I only use mp v1.01ee but because this week falls on the end of month i am using mp xe v1.2 to overide this an allow myself to trade. There is an input tab in the ea that you set to true to allow end of month trades.

Thanks in advance for your help and keep up the good work !

good luck to you too !

Hi Theozaki

i'm a newbie got the MD pro thru the link u posted.

what i'm not able to figure out is time settings i shud be using here in these input tabs.

I want to use both S1 & S2

so i will have to keep the aggresive mode on.

Do i need to set auto GMT false before entering S1 &S2 start and end hours or override trade times will take care of that.

Incase i set set override trade times to true then what time will it follow.

If i'm placing S1 start hour1= 19 and S1 end hour1= 23 and repeat the same for hour2 is that ok.

Wat timing i can use for S2 start h1 and S2 end h1 that i can follow for Hour2

Please guide me on setting these timings

thanks in advance.

Nishant